Ankersen and Semmens (Merged)

Daft Kerplunk

On 05/04/2023 at 08:05, Morse said:

The problems began before SR trundled up. It was Semmens who started the policy of 'buy-to-sell'; the idea that buying promosing youth, proving their ability in the premiership and then selling on for a profit. Simple if it works. 

However, it ignores the need to buy players to build a team. It also ignores the need for young players to have experienced players to learn from. I've lost count of the number of highly experienced players, leaders, who have been available on free transfers that we've ignored. Yes their wages would be high, but the alternative is now plain to see. 

Now this buy to sell policy has got even worse now the SR clowns have bowled up. They are clearly way out of their depth with no obvious plan other than doubling down on their policy.

A total root and branch reset is needed, but unless Dragan Solak gets involved, and their is no sign of that, we're screwed. Think of the bunch (who's name I forget) but who sniffed around us before buying Coventry City to see where we're heading under SR.

Semmens for me is up there with Rupert Lowe. We need rid of him.

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, benali-shorts said:

Why wasn’t Ankersen at the game today? Amazing that he didn’t deem it necessary or worthwhile to attend. 

You need to read some of the articles published today, Athletic, TalkSPORT and Telegraph for example. Apparantly  has been  awol for some time, Semmens running the show. The articles make very distressing reading. Total and utter chaos at our club.

Edited by Toussaint
  • Sad 3

Semmens going at that end df the season is the Twitter rumour. Shame he will probably not be held accountable for him comments about league position not being important and all the other shit about pathways over final postion, womens team the priority as big as the men’s etc. I’d love it to be put on him about that and for someone to put those quote to him.

Him for me is the symbol of our decline a complete lack of idea and ambition from the guy running the club. An absolute charlatan. 

• Like 7

On 16/04/2023 at 12:36, St Steve said:

Semmens for me is up there with Rupert Lowe. We need rid of him.

Honestly I think he’s worse. What sort of leader of a business comes out with the stuff he has? There has been a losing culture at the club the last few years and it comes for the top down the stuff he’s said sum up the general apathy, it’s no wonder the players have given when the guys at the top tell everyone where we finish doesn’t matter 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Honestly I think he’s worse. What sort of leader of a business comes out with the stuff he has? There has been a losing culture at the club the last few years and it comes for the top down the stuff he’s said sum up the general apathy, it’s no wonder the players have given when the guys at the top tell everyone where we finish doesn’t matter 

A complete wet blanket that’s spouts off corporate psycho-babble whilst creaming a significant wage for being completely ineffective or worse, utterly useless.

lots of these types around these days - talkers, not actual doers. Posturing and pontificating that they’re calm and collected and know what they’re doing but in reality, utterly useless. Zero substance. In life, sometimes people get promoted to positions to get them out of the way. Morons get moved up to keep them from doing to much damage. Maybe our moron brigade didn’t get moved far enough away…. And even if they did get moved to printing shirts in the club shop, they’re so useless they’d probably fuck that up too.

I bet there is plenty of these types in the club, all waffling away incessantly about metrics, transitions and xGs between plumes of vape smoke whilst they sit around in a office full of empty motivational posters imparting wisdom like ‘Believe’ and the like.

Time for Martin et al to fuck off. Just, fuck off.

Edited by Crab Lungs
  • Like 7

24 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Semmens going at that end df the season is the Twitter rumour. Shame he will probably not be held accountable for him comments about league position not being important and all the other shit about pathways over final postion, womens team the priority as big as the men’s etc. I’d love it to be put on him about that and for someone to put those quote to him.

Him for me is the symbol of our decline a complete lack of idea and ambition from the guy running the club. An absolute charlatan. 

That sums him up perfectly. For all his faults, Cortese was the complete opposite in that regard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crab Lungs said:

A complete wet blanket that’s spouts off corporate psycho-babble whilst creaming a significant wage for being completely ineffective or worse, utterly useless.

lots of these types around these days - talkers, not actual doers. Posturing and pontificating that they’re calm and collected and know what they’re doing but in reality, sometimes people get promoted to positions to get them out of the way.

I bet there is plenty of these types in the club, al waffling away so about metrics, transitions and xGs between plumes of vape smoke whilst they sit around in a office full of empty motivational posters imparting wisdom like ‘Believe’ and the like.

It seems Dragan, who may be a good businessman, but probably knows f*ck all about running a football club, was fooled by these two charlatans.

Hopefully he has woken up now, and will act accordingly.

image.png.17c11cc198ff1ca599ce3464331c54c9.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crab Lungs said:

lots of these types around these days - talkers, not actual doers. Posturing and pontificating that they’re calm and collected and know what they’re doing but in reality, utterly useless. Zero substance. In life, sometimes people get promoted to positions to get them out of the way. Morons get moved up to keep them from doing to much damage. Maybe our moron brigade didn’t get moved far enough away…. And even if they did get moved to printing shirts in the club shop, they’re so useless they’d probably fuck that up too.

I bet there is plenty of these types in the club, all waffling away incessantly about metrics, transitions and xGs between plumes of vape smoke whilst they sit around in a office full of empty motivational posters imparting wisdom like ‘Believe’ and the like.

Yep completely agree. Im Sure he’s brilliant power points about sustainability, but can you imagine any other club having a leader that tells the fan base they should just be grateful and are lucky to be in the league? We’ve been a top flight club for 37 of the 46 years I’ve been alive and I’m too young to remember the first 2 of them, how thing helmet can tell us we’re lucky to be here is incredible. 

the so called leaders at this club are so clueless it’s funny. Now it’s all come home to roost watch them squirm out of it like the spineless cunts they are

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dark Munster said:

That sums him up perfectly. For all his faults, Cortese was the complete opposite in that regard.

Too far the other way. Kruger was a twat as well. Oh to have some normal owners without ego, who don’t talk bollocks and know what we are as a club. Surely it can’t be that hard?

42 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Where and when were these comments please? Cheers

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Yep completely agree. Im Sure he’s brilliant power points about sustainability, but can you imagine any other club having a leader that tells the fan base they should just be grateful and are lucky to be in the league? We’ve been a top flight club for 37 of the 46 years I’ve been alive and I’m too young to remember the first 2 of them, how thing helmet can tell us we’re lucky to be here is incredible. 

the so called leaders at this club are so clueless it’s funny. Now it’s all come home to roost watch them squirm out of it like the spineless cunts they are

I’m not far off you - 33 of my 40 in the top division with a sobering 7 year stint in between.

The other thing I forgot to add was that it’s probably like an echo chamber of self-delusion in their bullshit meetings and presentations. No one challenging, everyone gutlessly playing along but given the chance, espousing their individuality and brilliance to anyone who would listen to them over an overpriced coffee.

Its done now, it is what it is but I hate the fact we’ve got two meaningless games to play out now; I mean, if these wet wipes can’t get up for games when there’s something riding on it how the fuck are we gonna fare against Brighton and then Liverpool?

Meek, weak and pathetic club run by utter wasters. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Fabrice29 said:

Where and when were these comments please? Cheers

I can’t be arsed to find them but in a recent fans forum he said providing a pathway for young players is more important than where we finish in the league and the women’s team is the priority who will soon be as big as the men’s team. Plus we should be grateful To be in this league 

• Like 1

Just now, Turkish said:

I can’t be arsed to find them but in a recent fans forum he said providing a pathway for young players is more important than where we finish in the league and the women’s team is the priority who will soon be as big as the men’s team. Plus we should be grateful To be in this league 

Just the comments about the league position not being important will be fine cheers.

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

The women’s team being the priority was on the first one with Sports Republic I think. Utter bellendery of the very highest order. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Crab Lungs said:

The women’s team being the priority was on the first one with Sports Republic I think. Utter bellendery of the very highest order. 

This one? Where he's asked about the womens team on the 34th minute and doesn't mention it being a priority? Just seems to be proud of the work they've done and assures them the club will be fully committed to the womens team. If he said anything else he'd be rightly considered out of touch.

Or is it this one? Where's asked about it in the 41st minute and again just talks about the womens team being important, but no mention of priority. 

I said on here a while ago Semmes was leaving. It's been in the works a while. Probably for the best. Think he did well under the circumstances with Gao and context not being taken into account on various things will never do him any favours. Clearly made some mistakes, clearly said some daft stuff that is highlighted with bad results but also clearly done some good stuff. Ultimately him leaving is probably for the best for all concerned and is part of a freshening up that is massively needed but will be spun by his media mates like Adam Blackmore as a dark day when it's really not.