Ankersen and Semmens (Merged)

Daft Kerplunk

Seems like these two might have fucked it up royally. 

It really ain’t looking great right now. 

Even though these two say things will be okay if we go down, that’s really not reality. We will be fucked. They think the ball will be in their court but there’s no way decent players will stay, and anyone who has even the remotest understanding of football and how it works will know that deep down. 

The brilliant plan is failing upon engagement with reality. Great.

• Like 4

That's the trouble when non football people run the club. We got away with Reed, Wilson and all in the past because we had enough decent players to keep us in the league. These two clowns have massive egos and have sold thousands of loyal fans down the river without a paddle. Quite a shock coming for SR in the championship, unless we miracuously do a Burnley and come straight back up, The stadium will look pretty empty with 20,000 or less for the first games of next season,

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JamiSaint said:

Whatever you think of the situation, calling him Wankerson and labelling them c*unts is out of order. You might disagree with their decision making, but no need to stoop to that level. 

Essentially I’m belittling them, and calling them some childish and very rude words, because I’m not hero worshiping a couple of very well rewarded individuals who think the sun shines from them. They are nowhere near as good as they think they are. They don’t even need to try and be public heroes, just quietly and effectively do their jobs. Sorry if you think i’m being out of order. I’m really quite nice in person, but I really hate the way these people treat us as fans, and this football club as if they’re the only people who could run it. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

Essentially I’m belittling them, and calling them some childish and very rude words, because I’m not hero worshiping a couple of very well rewarded individuals who think the sun shines from them. They are nowhere near as good as they think they are. They don’t even need to try and be public heroes, just quietly and effectively do their jobs. Sorry if you think i’m being out of order. I’m really quite nice in person, but I really hate the way these people treat us as fans, and this football club as if they’re the only people who could run it. 

Agree, but abusive and crude language doesn't help the cause, rather it demeans it

On 05/02/2023 at 12:22, JamiSaint said:

Whatever you think of the situation, calling him Wankerson and labelling them c*unts is out of order. You might disagree with their decision making, but no need to stoop to that level. 

You are quite right, and yet I am ashamed to say I am still chuckling to myself regarding Miltonaggro (I think) calling him "Rambo Wankerson" on the NJ thread, what is one to  do?

• Haha 1

On 05/02/2023 at 12:22, JamiSaint said:

On 05/02/2023 at 22:45, Dellman said:

Agree, but abusive and crude language doesn't help the cause, rather it demeans it

Have you two ever actually been to a football match?  Crude language and derogatory insults tend to be the modus operandi for pissed up 'customers'.

• Haha 2

I cannot blame Jones for taking job, however the arrogant Dane and narcissistic manager have set us back years. Unless we do a Burnley, when will we come back up ? I really do dislike the pair of them equally and I have never met or seen either of them in person. They say you should never judge a book by its cover, the opposite is definately true of our egotistical, never wrong chairman. Very unhappy and disillusioned with the way the club is going. Us fans have an emotional bond with the club, this pair will never ever know what that means.

• Like 6

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ankersen and Semmens (Merged)
On 05/02/2023 at 14:02, Bad Wolf said:

Is there an age restriction on this board? If not, there may be some 8 year olds that find the manipulation of their respective names funny.

What’s been your favourite over the years? Pel~end was a good one, Turdic was criminally underused 

• Haha 1

I think the problem here is that Ankersen or whatever he is called believed in his fishing for talent theory. The examples sited though in the video were all individual fishing for talent against no competition. No one else was looking for Asafa Powell in Jamaica and if they were then he could still have succeeded, No one was competitively hunting for Paul McCartney at school but if they were and didn't damage his musical development in the process of teaching him then no harm would have come to the body that did not search. However we are not fishing alone in a pool trying to find the best fish we are up against a whole bunch of sports fishermen with radar scans of the seafloor and million pound trawlers hovering up everything in their path. to think that if we just dangle our rod in the right place we will suddenly be world beaters against everyone else doing the same seems naïve.

Edited by Mystic Force
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, James G said:

Didn't Arrogant Ankersen sing the Kylie and Jason wedding song

Suddenly we're winning games.

With front foot run and pass.

Suddenly we're scoring goals.

Players running just as fast as they can.

Both wings!

Suddenly.

The defense not all at sea.

And we climb up the premier league.

Edited by OttawaSaint
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Both wings!

Suddenly.

A great effort sir but I bet not many remember the song 

• Like 1

On 08/02/2023 at 19:11, OttawaSaint said:

Both wings!

Suddenly.

Lol, that's brilliant. After I commented, and the long silence, I thought noone knew what I was referring too. I'm glad that people of a certain age remembered

I’ve never had much time for Semmens. He’s a marketing guy and whilst he’s very corporate and silver tongued never really seen a lot of substance in anything his says. He’s made some truly absurd comments in the past along with a general distain for the traditional fan base. He just seems like the sort of corporate, cliche ridden leader I’ve seen hundreds of times that is totally out of touch with Customer base. I find it incredible that people running a premier league football club come from a marketing background and Steele comes from an aviation background. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a large organisation run successfully by people with no industry experience, especially a unique thing like a football club where you have a very emotive and hardcore customer base to keep onside. Sadly they done a great job of damaging that. 

Ankersen im still undecided about. He has something about him but also seems to think he’s a genius. Nothing wrong with a bit of arrogance but he’s done little so far to match the talking. Brentford was a success but it’s one thing getting a club in the premier league quite another staying there and they seem to be doing rather well without him.  

• Like 4

And alongside Jones we need these 2 imposters out of the door…..

We were lucky to have Markus bring us back from the brink before. Sadly this crowd has done more and lasting damage to our club and reputation. 

Total clear out of players, management and administration required..

• Like 1

How much do you think Semmens regrets "choosing" SR? Sacked Ralph, gutted the academy and scouting set ups, hired Jones, won't let him sack Jones... All from an organisation that said they, "woudn't get too involved". Rasmus is a liability and a real issue for the club. The man seemingly has absolute control and has his fingerprints over far too many terrible decisions this past year. 

• Like 5

I posted in the wrong thread, but I meant to say in here - they had a chance to keep some credit in the bank if they held their hands up last week and said enough is enough, but to prolong it out this week to another inevitable defeat is totally and utterly negligent and I've lost any trust I had.

• Like 6

Just now, S-Clarke said:

I posted in the wrong thread, but I meant to say in here - they had a chance to keep some credit in the bank if they held their hands up last week and said enough is enough, but to prolong it out this week to another inevitable defeat is totally and utterly negligent and I've lost any trust I had.

Semmens clearly has little time for jones and wanted him gone. His comments were about as scathing as he could be at the fans forum. The issue is Rasmus. 

• Like 6