Will season ticket prices be released now and will you renew?

Paul Chuckle

22 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I don’t mind anybody standing just as long as it’s not in front of me. It’s one of the reasons that I go to very few away games. There was a time when it was not a problem but as I’ve got older it has got worse.

One of the few good things about the two most recent ticketing systems the club has utilised is that they've allowed supporters to pick their specific seats for away games as well as home ones.

On 13/06/2023 at 10:21, ImproveOurAtmosphere said:

regarding standing: it’s not illegal to stand in a football ground. The club need to realise that. We have organised ourselves at the back so that those who currently sit there can continue to do so

While it's not technically illegal, it is in direct contravention of the current Ground Regulations, which must be seen to be enforced by the club in order for it to retain its various safety certificates for the stadium. It's been a lot more "light touch" in the Northam for years now, but the club cannot be seen to be promoting any sort of "standing section" until they have got planning permission and sign-off from whichever department of the city council deals with the safety enforcement. They'd effectively be saying "we don't care about the regulations we've agreed to", which tends not to be an attitude that goes down well.

The club have got back to me today. The tone of the email is supportive and they have invited me in to discuss this further with them:

“As you rightly point out, we want to encourage like minded fans to sit together at St Marys and can work with those supporters to facilitate.

It would be good to hear a bit further on your aims, numbers and discuss your thoughts on this.”

I will post an update once I’ve spoken to them. 

As you rightly point out, we want to encourage like minded fans to sit together at St Marys and can work with those supporters to facilitate.

It would be good to hear a bit further on your aims, numbers and discuss your thoughts on this.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ImproveOurAtmosphere said:

The club have got back to me today. The tone of the email is supportive and they have invited me in to discuss this further with them:

“As you rightly point out, we want to encourage like minded fans to sit together at St Marys and can work with those supporters to facilitate.

It would be good to hear a bit further on your aims, numbers and discuss your thoughts on this.”

I will post an update once I’ve spoken to them. 

As you rightly point out, we want to encourage like minded fans to sit together at St Marys and can work with those supporters to facilitate.

It would be good to hear a bit further on your aims, numbers and discuss your thoughts on this.

interesting, how are the numbers looking atm? I hope it will be behind the idea of what the IN was a few years ago (aimed to be) old chants none of the noddy stuff like chanting about a players c***. old skool. 

Also, by moving: do you get paid the difference in price back to your bank account, or just put on your saints account? I hope the former

• 2 weeks later...

Met with the Director of Sales and Chief Operating Officer on Wednesday. 

They back it and will work with me to put things in place.

I will have a better idea once all available seats are released in July. In the meantime, anyone wanting to join should make use of the back row for now.

As for the price difference, not sure how that will work -  again, will probably have an answer in July 

Northam and Itchen North - keep up the good work. This initiative is aimed at: new ST holders, anyone looking for cheaper prices on their ticket and anyone who sits down the Chapel end already and fed up with the lack of atmosphere. 

Cheers. 

• Like 6

On 23/06/2023 at 16:53, ImproveOurAtmosphere said:

I will have a better idea once all available seats are released in July. In the meantime, anyone wanting to join should make use of the back row for now.

As for the price difference, not sure how that will work -  again, will probably have an answer in July 

Northam and Itchen North - keep up the good work. This initiative is aimed at: new ST holders, anyone looking for cheaper prices on their ticket and anyone who sits down the Chapel end already and fed up with the lack of atmosphere. 

Cheers. 

Good luck , we do need more atmosphere all around the ground . Should be good availability up there so opportunity for those who want to to get tickets easy enough even game by game 

• Like 3

On 24/06/2023 at 21:19, JRM said:

Good luck , we do need more atmosphere all around the ground . Should be good availability up there so opportunity for those who want to to get tickets easy enough even game by game 

thanks mate. I encourage anyone interested to get involved. 

And to the very few people who may have to move to a nearby seat to accommodate this group: I thank you and apologise for any inconvenience. Expect the club will contact you.

Plenty of availability so no one will have to move very far, but there will still be a few who are upset.

6 minutes ago, EssEffCee said:

Block 15 for me albeit not near back. Would be great to get some atmosphere down that end of ground though. 

Nice one. If you want to guarantee some atmosphere, I'd recommend standing with us on the back. The club can help you move.

If you're happy staying sitting where you are, then fair play, you should still be able to get involved. We are hoping to get the Chapel singing in unison, whether you sit or stand.

Have you always sat in block 15?

4 hours ago, Mr Nimbus said:

You should be commended for your efforts. Hope it works out.

I've bought mine and my nippers at the back of one of the family stands. What's it like for standing there?  Anyone had any issues that far back in the FS?

Thanks mate. 

As for standing in the FS, I think you’d be okay as long as you aren’t blocking anyones view. But at the end of the day it’s down to the stewards. 

what block are you?

what I would suggest would depend on the age of your nipper. If they’re in the u’18  category, then for £50 more in total for both of you, you could switch to block 15. The difference is more significant if they’re in the u’14 category. 

Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ImproveOurAtmosphere said:

Thanks mate. 

As for standing in the FS, I think you’d be okay as long as you aren’t blocking anyones view. But at the end of the day it’s down to the stewards. 

what block are you?

what I would suggest would depend on the age of your nipper. If they’re in the u’18  category, then for £50 more in total for both of you, you could switch to block 15. The difference is more significant if they’re in the u’14 category. 

Hope this helps. 

It's a bit annoying for me as I'd definitely move over there from Family Stand but I have 2 U18 tickets to buy so it works out cheaper for us to move to Kingsland Northam corner.

Not sure why U18's are so expensive in Block 15 compared to other corners.

I'm re-running my budget to see whether I can fit in a ST renewal, so thought I'd go through the checkout process and double-check the final figure.

Turns out that if you want to spread the payment via Direct Debit you're not allowed to use any credit that's built up on your account. Seems a bit unneccesarily restrictive to me. Money's tight enough my end that it could make the difference between renewing and not. 🤷‍♂️

17 hours ago, The Cat said:

It's a bit annoying for me as I'd definitely move over there from Family Stand but I have 2 U18 tickets to buy so it works out cheaper for us to move to Kingsland Northam corner.

Not sure why U18's are so expensive in Block 15 compared to other corners.

I think it's because the club want to market the Itchen South as a mainly adult area. 

Although, I'd check the cost again because 1 adult and 2 U'18s is cheaper in block 15 than in the Kingsland North.

Family: £817

Block 15: £1057

Kingsland North: £1097

*new prices, not renewal prices 

4 hours ago, ImproveOurAtmosphere said:

I think it's because the club want to market the Itchen South as a mainly adult area. 

Although, I'd check the cost again because 1 adult and 2 U'18s is cheaper in block 15 than in the Kingsland North.

Family: £817

Block 15: £1057

Kingsland North: £1097

*new prices, not renewal prices 

You're right, I must have added it up wrong. We are renewing so it's

Family - £769

Kingsland Corner - £1037

Block 15 - £997

Still a few days to the renewal deadline, anyone know how many we've sold? 

Been sent this by a skate at work, they have such a conceited fanbase gushing with self congratulation about how many tickets they've sold , surely we'll exceed this by quite a bit? 

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-chiefs-surprise-as-remarkable-fratton-faithful-power-towards-season-ticket-sell-out-five-weeks-before-league-one-start-4198492?fbclid=IwAR18vl5h3kiUMZYBfbgxu8_sNjA3QJ76e5m9SDYurknDh5xz6r-7EgbheG0

20 hours ago, ant said:

I'm re-running my budget to see whether I can fit in a ST renewal, so thought I'd go through the checkout process and double-check the final figure.

Turns out that if you want to spread the payment via Direct Debit you're not allowed to use any credit that's built up on your account. Seems a bit unneccesarily restrictive to me. Money's tight enough my end that it could make the difference between renewing and not. 🤷‍♂️

Can you use the credit towards other home games like pre seasons and cup games? Agree seems unnecessary to restrict it like that but might be an option if you were going to go to other games anyway 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Cat said:

You're right, I must have added it up wrong. We are renewing so it's

Family - £769

Kingsland Corner - £1037

Block 15 - £997

Depends on availability, but there's a chance you could buy the end ticket at the back of block 15 and your two children the end of block 16. You'd still have three seats next to each other. The seat you need in block 15 is currently unavailable, but it might become available on Saturday. This would have a total of £897. I can let you know on here if this becomes a possibility.

Just renewed back in FC as my lad is 17 this year and the cost is so much cheaper.. Would love to migrate but with him likely to be missing a few midweek games and sone Saturdays with his other commitments makes no sense.. Be great if there was a late teen reduction in the more vocal areas as we are both happy to stand and shout but the cost is prohibitive at moment...

On 26/06/2023 at 18:37, ImproveOurAtmosphere said:

Thanks mate. 

what block are you?

Hope this helps. 

Mush is 16 in a few weeks. He's not too mad on football but enjoys attending. Bit wet, but it's really just an attempt for me to spend a bit of time with him tbh.

• Like 1

On 26/06/2023 at 14:26, Mr Nimbus said:

You should be commended for your efforts. Hope it works out.

I've bought mine and my nippers at the back of one of the family stands. What's it like for standing there?  Anyone had any issues that far back in the FS?

Absolutely wont be allowed to stand, neither will the 15 or so lads that have tried to get this movement going in block 15. 

Standing is against ground rules, the only reason the Northam and block 1/2 get away with it is down to the numbers making it impossible to police. The odd scattering of people standing will be told to sit or kicked out. 

19 minutes ago, Ex Ringwood Saint said:

Just renewed back in FC as my lad is 17 this year and the cost is so much cheaper.. Would love to migrate but with him likely to be missing a few midweek games and sone Saturdays with his other commitments makes no sense.. Be great if there was a late teen reduction in the more vocal areas as we are both happy to stand and shout but the cost is prohibitive at moment...

You could move to block 15 for £44 more for the pair of you

10 minutes ago, Dman said:

Absolutely wont be allowed to stand, neither will the 15 or so lads that have tried to get this movement going in block 15. 

Standing is against ground rules, the only reason the Northam and block 1/2 get away with it is down to the numbers making it impossible to police. The odd scattering of people standing will be told to sit or kicked out. 

The club and relevant authorities will work with us in identifying parts of the ground which persistently stand. They shouldn't have a problem with it if no one's view is restricted. They'll also be more than 15 of us. Numbers are looking strong.  

6 minutes ago, ImproveOurAtmosphere said:

The club and relevant authorities will work with us in identifying parts of the ground which persistently stand. They shouldn't have a problem with it if no one's view is restricted. They'll also be more than 15 of us. Numbers are looking strong.  

No they wont, don't be so deluded. Its not about restricted views, its about safety. 

Unless the implement safe standing, you will not be allowed to stand. 

29 minutes ago, Mr Nimbus said:

Mush is 16 in a few weeks. He's not too mad on football but enjoys attending. Bit wet, but it's really just an attempt for me to spend a bit of time with him tbh.

That's not wet mate. Football brings people together!

I'd recommend block 15 if you want a more atmosphere at a similar cost.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, ImproveOurAtmosphere said:

Depends on availability, but there's a chance you could buy the end ticket at the back of block 15 and your two children the end of block 16. You'd still have three seats next to each other. The seat you need in block 15 is currently unavailable, but it might become available on Saturday. This would have a total of £897. I can let you know on here if this becomes a possibility.

We're moving as a group, have a couple of mates and 2 other kids too so will have to speak to him.

My other plan was to renew in the Family Stand and then just walk around to the Kingsland and sit in the posh seats in the middle as I imagine a lot of them will be empty.

When we were getting terrible attendances in the Championship before I used to buy a ticket and then sit anywhere I wanted. Used to change ends at half time like non league fans do

2 hours ago, Dman said:

No they wont, don't be so deluded. Its not about restricted views, its about safety. 

Unless the implement safe standing, you will not be allowed to stand. 

Genuine question, how would you go about enforcing 100 odd to sit down? They said they'd brief the stewards in the area to be more relaxed. I can't see why it won't happen but the again it is saints 🤣 They did also agree that safe standing would be a suitable solution in this area. 

6 minutes ago, ImproveOurAtmosphere said:

Genuine question, how would you go about enforcing 100 odd to sit down? They said they'd brief the stewards in the area to be more relaxed. I can't see why it won't happen but the again it is saints 🤣 They did also agree that safe standing would be a suitable solution in this area. 

Removal from the stadium, removal of season tickets etc. 

As I said, 'safety' in numbers, if you can pull a couple of hundred I could see it being feasible, but the club are not going to allow smaller groups to just stand with no resistance. Like I said, its against stadium regulations.

On 27/06/2023 at 10:03, ant said:

Have you tried calling them up? I had a bit of credit from last season I was planning to use, but have left it in there for now.

Normally they are much more helpful on the phone than online.

4 minutes ago, Dman said:

Removal from the stadium, removal of season tickets etc. 

As I said, 'safety' in numbers, if you can pull a couple of hundred I could see it being feasible, but the club are not going to allow smaller groups to just stand with no resistance. Like I said, its against stadium regulations.

I agree with you on this. Although I think our numbers will be large enough to hold some power over the stewards and as long as no one's had too many dark fruits, I can't see there being any 'trouble' at all. 

On 23/06/2023 at 16:53, ImproveOurAtmosphere said:

Cheers. 

Good luck. Really hoping this kicks off for you after all the work that has been put into it!

More atmosphere will benefit everyone in the ground!

4 hours ago, Dman said:

They must have got way more tight on it then. When I and my old circle of pals had our ST's a few years back, we all stood back row. As did the majority around us in blocks 36 through 40.

I get the club have to be tight on it though. 

1 hour ago, Mr Nimbus said:

They must have got way more tight on it then. When I and my old circle of pals had our ST's a few years back, we all stood back row. As did the majority around us in blocks 36 through 40.

I get the club have to be tight on it though. 

Blocks 36-40 is still like this. 39 and 38 all stand, then it peters off to just the back row. Seems the club don't mind it as long as stewards are briefed accordingly.

2 hours ago, SaintRob__ said:

Good luck. Really hoping this kicks off for you after all the work that has been put into it!

More atmosphere will benefit everyone in the ground!

Thank you Rob. Hopefully hard work pays off!

What's impressed me the most is the amount of support I've received, particularly from those who aren't even interested in the area. It's nice to see everyone come together and support something that benefits fellow fans, even if it's not for them. I have a lot of respect for the vocal fans who have been in Northam and IN for years and I'm sure these areas will continue to be loud. St Mary's could be a difficult place to go next season, if we all play our part.

UTFS

• Like 2

Almost forgot until I saw the upcoming DD for Monday.

Really looking forward to being a ST holder again. Not had one since Koeman's first season. Annoying really as I sat through some tripe plummeting down through the leagues, had an amazing journey back and had to give up my ST just as we had the most successful period in recent times.

Hoping we have a promotion push and I can share it with my lad.

UTS 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Mr Nimbus said:

Almost forgot until I saw the upcoming DD for Monday.

Really looking forward to being a ST holder again. Not had one since Koeman's first season. Annoying really as I sat through some tripe plummeting down through the leagues, had an amazing journey back and had to give up my ST just as we had the most successful period in recent times.

Hoping we have a promotion push and I can share it with my lad.

UTS 

Great news. Where did you go for in the end?

Finished work at 23.55 last night, impulsively threw caution to the wind and renewed just before the 'loyalty price' deadline.

Definitely can't afford it - but I guess I won't have to sell my body too many times to pay it off...

Had a personalised bit of post from the club early this week which said 78% of my block had already renewed.

Guessing that'll have headed towards 90%+ by the end of yesterday? Be interesting to see whether that extrapolates to the rest of the stadium.

• Like 7

On 26/06/2023 at 12:49, ImproveOurAtmosphere said:

Nice one. If you want to guarantee some atmosphere, I'd recommend standing with us on the back. The club can help you move.

If you're happy staying sitting where you are, then fair play, you should still be able to get involved. We are hoping to get the Chapel singing in unison, whether you sit or stand.

Have you always sat in block 15?

Nah its a new ticket. Will probably stay where I am as I imagine I'll be able to move up to the back most games if I want and it'll be good to try and get those nearer the front involved too. 

Seems like a bit of a shambles in the window to move seats. My mate was on hold for an hour yesterday morning because they messed up his renewal. He got through, moved his seat and they said they'd reserve the 3 next to him for me and ring me straight away but still haven't called.

3 hours ago, The Cat said:

Seems like a bit of a shambles in the window to move seats. My mate was on hold for an hour yesterday morning because they messed up his renewal. He got through, moved his seat and they said they'd reserve the 3 next to him for me and ring me straight away but still haven't called.

Where are you trying to move to?

On 28/06/2023 at 15:58, Mr Nimbus said:

Let him have a can or two before the game. That may encourage him to join you on a more regular basis. ;)

Apologies for my bad parenting advice.  

1 minute ago, niceandfriendly said:

Let him have a can or two before the game. That may encourage him to join you on a more regular basis. ;)

Apologies for my bad parenting advice.  

HA. He's already on that journey don't worry 😄

• Like 1

Looking to renew my season ticket in different part of ground

Does anything have a link to a St Mary's seating plan?  I can obviously find block numbers but need to know row / seat numbers.  I would normally look to book a match ticket to check but as no games I don't have have that option!

10 minutes ago, warsash saint said:

Looking to renew my season ticket in different part of ground

Does anything have a link to a St Mary's seating plan?  I can obviously find block numbers but need to know row / seat numbers.  I would normally look to book a match ticket to check but as no games I don't have have that option!

The seating plan with specific rows and seat numbers isn't available until tomorrow once they put all the seats back on sale. Then, you're able to select any specific seat and it gives you an example view.  Where are you trying to move to?