Will season ticket prices be released now and will you renew?

Paul Chuckle

8 minutes ago, ImproveOurAtmosphere said:

The seating plan with specific rows and seat numbers isn't available until tomorrow once they put all the seats back on sale. Then, you're able to select any specific seat and it gives you an example view.  Where are you trying to move to?

Block 42 - club have phoned & offered me seats 1089 but need to know where that is in relation to block 41, aisle etc?

16 minutes ago, warsash saint said:

Block 42 - club have phoned & offered me seats 1089 but need to know where that is in relation to block 41, aisle etc?

If it's any help I have just moved from Block 41 Seats 1069/1068 Row K these are end of row seats next to the stair/entrance. NB you have to stand.

2 hours ago, warsash saint said:

1086 is pretty much bang in the middle of the row so you'll be closed to centre than aisle.

On 13/06/2023 at 08:47, SotonianWill said:

it sounds good until you realise you won’t be allowed to stand as all stewards are told to make people sit down even at the top. I used to have a season ticket in that area and was even complained about for swearing. Maybe the chants should be made PG and PC, must be very inclusive. 

if the club allow it, it will undoubtedly upset the families in there. But would be interesting to see what they say and what sort of people move. One thing I can say, as 99% of them are coming over from the itchen north/ northam anyways, most of those people don’t really chant so don’t get your hopes up. we’ve tried the majority of this season and no one joins in. 

A supporter sat next to me in the Chapel tried to have me thrown out for swearing.  I told him to fuck right off!

Steward came up, but to be fair, he didn’t want to know.

Edited by Wade Garrett
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

A supporter sat next to me in the Chapel tried to have me thrown out for swearing.  I told him to fuck right off!

Steward came up, but to be fair, he didn’t want to know.

How about "the referee indulges in self-abuse" or "you overweight person who's parents weren't married"?

• Haha 2

Looking at the ticket map today I see my whole row has sold out (in block 39) - which I believe wasn't the case last season, as we regularly had space to stretch out. Also looks like the vast majority of people in my block renewed.

Good to see! :)

5 hours ago, ImproveOurAtmosphere said:

Yes they are. Details about memberships are out later this week I believe.  

Shame they couldn't have done memberships in time to give members a discount on the pre season games (same as season ticket holders like before) 

Unless I've missed it there's no news on match ticket prices yet? 

7 hours ago, waylander said:

Anyone know if they are doing memberships this season?

23 minutes ago, JRM said:

Shame they couldn't have done memberships in time to give members a discount on the pre season games (same as season ticket holders like before) 

Unless I've missed it there's no news on match ticket prices yet? 

Membership details are out on Friday. There is then a Season ticket/ membership Window for the friendlies until the 11th July. If you buy during this window, you'll have access to the discounted price. 

9 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

Just checked ST sales don’t look all too impressive thus far in block 15

Trouble is everything appears stagnant or slow moving on the tansfer front. None of us have a clue what our team will look like next season, so until we do, I suspect ST sales may remain slow.

18 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

Trouble is everything appears stagnant or slow moving on the tansfer front. None of us have a clue what our team will look like next season, so until we do, I suspect ST sales may remain slow.

Sales look very strong in other parts of the ground (especially Northam) not sure why anyone would wait to see who we sign before buying one, I think anyone who was going to get one probably has by now. 

They haven't confirmed match by match pricing yet so hard to work out full benefit of getting a season ticket for those who know they'll end up missing a few 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JRM said:

Sales look very strong in other parts of the ground (especially Northam) not sure why anyone would wait to see who we sign before buying one, I think anyone who was going to get one probably has by now. 

They haven't confirmed match by match pricing yet so hard to work out full benefit of getting a season ticket for those who know they'll end up missing a few 

I understand your point (I renewed some weeks ago) but bearing in mind the long unchanging horror show that we have had to endure for the last season or two, I am not surprised if a number of people will be wary until they see what sort of squad we have.

Report in the Echo , via the club, is that season ticket sales are up on the numbers this time last year.

Doesnt stats actual numbers>

Anyone have any ideas?

Gone are the days when we used to sell over 20,000 plus 43 boxes at 10 apiece and a similar number in the hospitality suites.

1 hour ago, spyinthesky said:

Report in the Echo , via the club, is that season ticket sales are up on the numbers this time last year.

Doesnt stats actual numbers>

Anyone have any ideas?

Gone are the days when we used to sell over 20,000 plus 43 boxes at 10 apiece and a similar number in the hospitality suites.

I thought we still had over 20K ST holders?  I've bought one for the first time in about a decade and know of three who have never had STs that have got them this time round.  Personally think the prospect of a potential season where we win more than we lose is quite exciting and so doesn't surprise me that ST sales could be up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JRM said:

Some bargain prices for Sheffield Wednesday fans 

IMG-20230707-WA0001.thumb.jpg.ce76f50a38c1ed48de43ba75b7c1fd05.jpg

So we could be looking at 40 odd quid for our visit next month .

Another championship myth by some that away tickets will be cheaper along with more 3 pm kick offs . 

2 hours ago, IFHP said:

So we could be looking at 40 odd quid for our visit next month .

Another championship myth by some that away tickets will be cheaper along with more 3 pm kick offs . 

Yeah I think Sheffield Wednesday is a particularly expensive example, their fans are outraged at the prices announced, absolute rip off. Most others won't be as bad. 

I think we will have more 3pm kick offs overall as despite tv selection at least we won't have any games moved due to other teams participating in Thursday night Europa football. 

16 hours ago, revolution saint said:

I thought we still had over 20K ST holders?  I've bought one for the first time in about a decade and know of three who have never had STs that have got them this time round.  Personally think the prospect of a potential season where we win more than we lose is quite exciting and so doesn't surprise me that ST sales could be up.

I think last year was about 16.5k , interesting comparison Coventry have sold a club record 17.5k already for the coming season, so much for the cost of living crisis 

14 hours ago, JRM said:

Some bargain prices for Sheffield Wednesday fans 

IMG-20230707-WA0001.thumb.jpg.ce76f50a38c1ed48de43ba75b7c1fd05.jpg

If we're in the top 3 categories I can't see anymore than 500ish paying about 50 quid to travel to Sheffield on a Friday. 

Edited by EssEffCee

2 hours ago, JRM said:

I think last year was about 16.5k , interesting comparison Coventry have sold a club record 17.5k already for the coming season, so much for the cost of living crisis 

Cheers, that's interesting.  I'd assumed that since promotion we'd maintained a 20k+ ST base.  I think we had something like 22K for last season in the championship? 

I dropped mine off after a couple of seasons back in the prem for a variety of reasons but certainly one factor was the entertainment value in the premier league isn't actually all that great if you're a mid to lower level club.  That's not a particular criticism of the premier league - just stands to reason that if you're winning far fewer games then it's not going to be as enjoyable (plus you're paying more for it).

Will be interesting to see how many we sell if we have a decent start.

1 hour ago, EssEffCee said:

If we're in the top 3 categories I can't see anymore than 500ish paying about 50 quid to travel to Sheffield on a Friday. 

Agree. They've hiked them up a lot, last season they charged Plymouth and Derby £28 last season 

On 06/07/2023 at 11:55, SotonianWill said:

Just checked ST sales don’t look all too impressive thus far in block 15

Seems like a lot of accounts online bigging it up without actually being the ones moving?

Sold about 30-40. I know of a few more who are yet to buy. A lot will be on a match by match basis. 

Think there will be some fans who will wait until our first three games have been played before committing to a ST. They’re also yet to release match day ticket prices so nobody knows how much you’ll save by getting a ST.

Hoping we can hit 100 and slowly grow it from there.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, EssEffCee said:

I think you’ll be surprised how many well take up there even if prices are £40. 

Over 40 London Saints going to the game, would normally take less to the likes of Liverpool, Man U.

Most of us are staying up Friday night and have hotels already booked.

So don’t think price won’t make a difference to numbers of us going to game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldsarum said:

I think you’ll be surprised how many well take up there even if prices are £40. 

Over 40 London Saints going to the game, would normally take less to the likes of Liverpool, Man U.

Most of us are staying up Friday night and have hotels already booked.

So don’t think price won’t make a difference to numbers of us going to game.

Yeah there are bound to be some who will go regardless, particularly if making a couple days of it, but there'll be others bound to be put off after paying 30 quid for years being asked to add best part of another score to that. 

If the tickets are mid 40s plus then I certainly don't see us taking a thousand. 

Edited by EssEffCee
  • Like 1

We haven’t played at Hillsborough since 2013 and only played there 5 times since the millennium. It’s our first game back in the championship and also Friday night in the summer. Will be a new away for many of the younger generations including myself. We’ll be taking 3k minimum up there regardless of ticket price. 

• Like 1

On 08/07/2023 at 10:03, EssEffCee said:

If you think we’ll take 500 up there you haven’t kept up with our fanbase recently, we’re not the most vocal recently but numbers are excellent, especially a place we haven’t been to in over a decade. 

I promised my wife I wouldn't renew, so I didn't and i'm now single.  On the plus side I have got a season ticket, sat amongst the chaos Chapel stand, or as i call it "Dunkirk"

Proper can't wait to tear it up and cause some mischeif on the road, got some bubbles to blow when we visit Millwall - gonna get tasty.

That's all i will say on the matter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, NorthLondonSFC said:

We haven’t played at Hillsborough since 2013 and only played there 5 times since the millennium. It’s our first game back in the championship and also Friday night in the summer. Will be a new away for many of the younger generations including myself. We’ll be taking 3k minimum up there regardless of ticket price. 

When was the last time we took more than 3k to an evening league match up north? You're expecting this be our best away attendance in years? 

Before the fixtures were released I'd have fancied us taking a fair few up there based on similar reasons but if you think it being played on a weeknight on Sky will make no difference to the numbers going then I don't know what to say. 

We never travel that well North of Midlands, especially if the ko time makes it hard to do in one day. Absolutely no chance of us taking more than 3k. Half that amount would be brilliant tbh but I don't even see that. 

Not even sure if the top tier holds more than 3k now since the capacity of LL has been reduced. 

Edited by EssEffCee
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EssEffCee said:

When was the last time we took more than 3k to an evening league match up north? You're expecting this be our best away attendance in years? 

Before the fixtures were released I'd have fancied us taking a fair few up there based on similar reasons but if you think it being played on a weeknight on Sky will make no difference to the numbers going then I don't know what to say. 

We never travel that well North of Midlands, especially if the ko time makes it hard to do in one day. Absolutely no chance of us taking more than 3k. Half that amount would be brilliant tbh but I don't even see that. 

Not even sure if the top tier holds more than 3k now since the capacity of LL has been reduced. 

We took 3000 to Forest away when we were practically relegated. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Appy said:

We took 3000 to Forest away when we were practically relegated. 

Indeed.

I can't see an extra £5-£10 on the price of tickets putting many people off. Maybe if we'd played Wednesday away recently, but it's been 10 years, and Sheffield away on a Friday night is a pretty attractive fixture for many. 

I think they'll charge £36 which is what they charged in the Championship 2 years ago. 

4 hours ago, ImproveOurAtmosphere said:

Indeed.

I can't see an extra £5-£10 on the price of tickets putting many people off. Maybe if we'd played Wednesday away recently, but it's been 10 years, and Sheffield away on a Friday night is a pretty attractive fixture for many. 

I think they'll charge £36 which is what they charged in the Championship 2 years ago. 

Think you're right, they've confirmed it's a Cat D game 

(Bit insulting we're not Cat A) 

Don't think Forest allocation was 3000, more like 2500 and that was a bank holiday, I'd be surprised if we have many more than 2k up there 

Edited by JRM

Just had an email from the club advising I can buy extra tickets for the Norwich game at £10 for adults and £5 for kids. 

Firstly, I have my tickets for me amd my boys so this is no good to me. Secondly, I find this a kick in the nuts - I'm the one who's spent money on 3 season tickets so any offers should benefit me (not friends and family). 

Just me?

Edited by whiteleySaint30
  • Like 4

Yes had the same email hey Mr season ticket holder you've paid us £27 for your ticket as a thank you please buy friends and family a ticket at £10, okay that wont be the price for where i sit but still a massive piss take and if this is how the 1st game of the season is going then we are likely to get these offers regularly through the season - grrrr

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JRM said:

Seems a good deal but just tried to buy some using season ticket link and doesn't work, anyone been successful? 

Yes, we bought one for the bro-in-law. All worked fine when following the email link. £10 +£1.50 booking fee ( 🙄 ) but then it's near our seats in Block 15 and the cheapest seats anyway, so not sure what happens to others when you try to select a seat in other areas.

30 minutes ago, Essruu said:

Yes, we bought one for the bro-in-law. All worked fine when following the email link. £10 +£1.50 booking fee ( 🙄 ) but then it's near our seats in Block 15 and the cheapest seats anyway, so not sure what happens to others when you try to select a seat in other areas.

I got one for a friend and noticed that in the Northam an adult ticket was £20, so looks like it may be a £10 discount from whatever the usual price is.

I tried to get a senior ticket for my mate at £10 but in the Kingsland Block 29 all I could get was at £15 + £1.50 (a couple of rows in front of me) !

I'm not complaining because he wanted to come anyway but advertising at a lower price than you can actually get strikes me as sharp practice !!

It is also a fair criticism that I pay 25% more than him and I'm the ST holder !

Strange marketing, I really wonder if they thought this through....

7 hours ago, eurosaint said:

I tried to get a senior ticket for my mate at £10 but in the Kingsland Block 29 all I could get was at £15 + £1.50 (a couple of rows in front of me) !

I'm not complaining because he wanted to come anyway but advertising at a lower price than you can actually get strikes me as sharp practice !!

It is also a fair criticism that I pay 25% more than him and I'm the ST holder !

Strange marketing, I really wonder if they thought this through....

Yeah it's odd, I called them up in the end, didn't realise it was linked to 2 extra tickets at the discounted price as was trying to get 4 in the family bit, had to use two different season ticket holders to do it and they made a right meal of it moaning on the phone,  sorry to inconvenience you ticket office lady just trying to make a purchase! 

Was also £15 in family bit so £10 must be limited to Itchen South/ Chapel corner 

3 hours ago, JRM said:

Yeah it's odd, I called them up in the end, didn't realise it was linked to 2 extra tickets at the discounted price as was trying to get 4 in the family bit, had to use two different season ticket holders to do it and they made a right meal of it moaning on the phone,  sorry to inconvenience you ticket office lady just trying to make a purchase! 

Was also £15 in family bit so £10 must be limited to Itchen South/ Chapel corner 

It clearly says on email tickets and on website from £10