Vive la révolution

AlexLaw76

• AlexLaw76 changed the title to Vive la révolution
1 hour ago, Stripey McStripe Shirt said:

You know that's not real, right?

Don’t think the internet is a safe place for someone as impressionable as Batman

Edited by whelk
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Turkish said:

This is what happens when a left wing agenda is rammed down everyone’s throats when everyone is constantly told everything that goes on is racist 

It's a very complicated issue but cultural gauchisme is part of it. Also a lot, and I mean a lot, of adolescents are just left by their parents or in many cases parent, to fend for themselves. They don't go to school or college, live in the periphery of drug dealers and other racketeers. The parents are only interested in the generous and constant handouts. This kid had no driver's licence,wasn't old enough, no justifiable revenue and how he was driving a hired car is for the instant, unknown. But he had previous, perhaps he came across the same cop twice in a week, doing the same exact thing.

Many young people here do not identify in any way with the traditional french culture, see themselves as victims in a foreign land although they've been here all their lives. Plenty find their way in the world though but the hard core is just a lost generation. 

1 minute ago, farawaysaint said:

France is wonderfully confusing, fantastic healthcare, pensions and benefits on the state and still revolt every 2 months.

Let me be clear I'm a big fan of their social initiatives it's more a curious onlooker effect. 

Our health system is collapsing too, just overstretched. Theoretically it's not free but if you can't pay you get treatment all the same.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, farawaysaint said:

Let me be clear I'm a big fan of their social initiatives it's more a curious onlooker effect. 

Ah therein lies the rub, the folks who actually pay for them......not so much.

I think I've explained this before, on a monthly salary that costs the employer, say 6000 euros (and that's a good whack here) the employee gets about 3000,  before tax.

3 hours ago, Window Cleaner said:

It's a very complicated issue but cultural gauchisme is part of it. Also a lot, and I mean a lot, of adolescents are just left by their parents or in many cases parent, to fend for themselves. They don't go to school or college, live in the periphery of drug dealers and other racketeers. The parents are only interested in the generous and constant handouts. This kid had no driver's licence,wasn't old enough, no justifiable revenue and how he was driving a hired car is for the instant, unknown. But he had previous, perhaps he came across the same cop twice in a week, doing the same exact thing.

Many young people here do not identify in any way with the traditional french culture, see themselves as victims in a foreign land although they've been here all their lives. Plenty find their way in the world though but the hard core is just a lost generation. 

For a minute I thought you were talking about Portsmouth.