Lee Skyrme leaves

Master Bates

Lee Skyrme has left Southampton after almost three years at the club.

Skyrme said: “I really enjoyed my time at this fantastic football club and I am richer for the experiences and friendships I have gained during this period.

“My career has always been about the journey and not end goals and the people I work with will always be the most important part of that. I was very fortunate to work with some brilliant people.

“Even though last season was not a great one in terms of the club getting relegated, it was a good one in terms of the development and progress made within the B Team programme and the Academy overall over the last few seasons and longer.

“I wish everyone all the best, and look forward to watching from a far as more players progress and the first team continue to perform well and let’s hope earn that promotion back to the Premier League. My journey will continue and I am excited with the possibilities of what that might be.”

On 21/12/2023 at 15:38, Master Bates said:

Lee Skyrme has left Southampton after almost three years at the club.

Skyrme said: “I really enjoyed my time at this fantastic football club and I am richer for the experiences and friendships I have gained during this period.

“My career has always been about the journey and not end goals and the people I work with will always be the most important part of that. I was very fortunate to work with some brilliant people.

“Even though last season was not a great one in terms of the club getting relegated, it was a good one in terms of the development and progress made within the B Team programme and the Academy overall over the last few seasons and longer.

“I wish everyone all the best, and look forward to watching from a far as more players progress and the first team continue to perform well and let’s hope earn that promotion back to the Premier League. My journey will continue and I am excited with the possibilities of what that might be.”

Who?