Next 10 games

sfc4prem

Now, I'm sure I'll get pelters for this (!!), but here are our next 10 games. I cannot see anything to fear in there, but I'm sure a few will be trickier than they look. The only team that could pose us problems would be West Brom.

We should be more than capable, with our squad, of getting 7 wins, two draws and (being extremely pessimistic) a loss. This would get us 23 points out of a possible 30. It would put us on 75 points in early March, with 10 games left (a few of the final 10 are pretty tricky indeed!)

Sheff Wed (H)
Swansea (A)    
Hull (H) 
Rotherham (A)    
Huddersfield (H)   
Bristol City (A) 
West Brom (A)   
Millwall (H)
Birmingham (A)   
Preston (H)

1 hour ago, sfc4prem said:

Now, I'm sure I'll get pelters for this (!!), but here are our next 10 games. I cannot see anything to fear in there, but I'm sure a few will be trickier than they look. The only team that could pose us problems would be West Brom.

We should be more than capable, with our squad, of getting 7 wins, two draws and (being extremely pessimistic) a loss. This would get us 23 points out of a possible 30. It would put us on 75 points in early March, with 10 games left (a few of the final 10 are pretty tricky indeed!)

Sheff Wed (H)
Swansea (A)    
Hull (H) 
Rotherham (A)    
Huddersfield (H)   
Bristol City (A) 
West Brom (A)   
Millwall (H)
Birmingham (A)   
Preston (H)

Im not sure 7 wins 2 draws and a loss is a pessimistic return from 10 😂 that would be incredible form. 

Edited by farawaysaint
  • Haha 2

Considering our struggles to win away, we’ve only won 6 out of 13, 24 points from that lot is incredibly optimistic. West Brom and Bristol City away the toughest two but no away games are easy

1 hour ago, Jack said:

Considering our struggles to win away, we’ve only won 6 out of 13, 24 points from that lot is incredibly optimistic. West Brom and Bristol City away the toughest two but no away games are easy

Actually, it would only require a continuation of the form we've been showing of late.

We ought to win the 5 home games although upsets do happen. The away games are less easier to forecast because currently we are drawing too many - that trend could continue but then again the draws could turn into either defeats or wins because they are often close fought games. I reckon we'll get around 21 points.

1 hour ago, notnowcato said:

Actually, it would only require a continuation of the form we've been showing of late.

We’ve won 6 and drawn 4 of the last 10 so 22 points.

We definitely need find a way of turning some of these away draws into wins against these mediocre sides to have a chance of autos, with lots of tough away fixtures later in the season. 

Should win the lot. We won't because we still struggle to get the second goal.

Highly likely we get beat soon just on law of averages.

Like you say though, nothing to fear here. It's such a shame we have already played Leeds, WBA, Leicester and Ipswich all at home.  That might be the difference between top 2 and playoffs tbh. Likelihood is we need to win atleast 2 of those away games.

• Like 1

We're hitting two points a game so far this season and should try to keep that up at the very least. 20 points from those ten games would be a decent return. We won't catch Leicester unless they have a massive downturn in form but we really do need to see that second spot as ours and do everything we can to get it. My only concerns are that we do still sometimes shoot ourselves in the foot and we don't kill games off like Leicester and Leeds (when they're at their best). Bringing in January reinforcements could be key to our chances.

17 hours ago, sfc4prem said:

Sheff Wed (H)
Swansea (A)    
Hull (H) 
Rotherham (A)    
Huddersfield (H)   
Bristol City (A) 
West Brom (A)   
Millwall (H)
Birmingham (A)   
Preston (H)

If Saints are to be serious challengers for the automatic promotion spots they need to win every one of these matches. It sounds like a tall order but it must be done or they risk being also rans in the play-offs.

1 hour ago, SNSUN said:

We're hitting two points a game so far this season and should try to keep that up at the very least. 20 points from those ten games would be a decent return. We won't catch Leicester unless they have a massive downturn in form but we really do need to see that second spot as ours and do everything we can to get it. My only concerns are that we do still sometimes shoot ourselves in the foot and we don't kill games off like Leicester and Leeds (when they're at their best). Bringing in January reinforcements could be key to our chances.

The January window will come and go like most windows and will underwhelm like most windows. I doubt any new players will come in, do we really need them?

1 hour ago, Charlie Wayman said:

The January window will come and go like most windows and will underwhelm like most windows. I doubt any new players will come in, do we really need them?

A striker that will put the ball away when faced with just the keeper to beat would be good.

4 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

If Saints are to be serious challengers for the automatic promotion spots they need to win every one of these matches. It sounds like a tall order but it must be done or they risk being also rans in the play-offs.

This

but with “we” instead of “they”.

😉