Any idea what this is all about?

Joebananas

Stoke fan in peace here.

Great day out at your place yesterday, not only for the obvious, just a good footballing day out. A beer or 3 beforehand in town, no idiots ruining it for everyone, and the Staff at SFC were nothing short of superb. Just how it should be irrespective of the result.  Spoke to a few Saints fans before and after, all good lads so i genuinely wish you the best of luck over the next few weeks.

Based on the performance I can only think you are saving yourselves for the play-offs as I am sure this wasn't a typical SFC performance? After the Leicester result I was expecting a 'backlash' performance from you putting our mediocre team to the sword!

Anyway, there is a thread on our forum which caught my eye, especially being a lefty myself. Can anyone explain it, is it a local thing? Should I be worried :0)

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/313010/southampton-fans

PS i came on here a while ago raving about Will Smallbone when he was at ours. Thought he looked tidy yesterday without doing anything spectacular. Is he a Prem player or just a good championship player?

Cheers

Edited by Joebananas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

P.S. Stick to getting sucked off in your own alehouse bogs. We don't need some Stoke fans muscling in on the action down South. 

Fair point mate, fair point!

I noticed on Rightmove alot of properties went up for sale in Stoke upon Trent overnight for some reason though.

Edited by Joebananas
  • Like 1

Many of our neighbours to the far east are proudly the children of the East End slum clearances after WW2, many still use cockney rhyming slang.  My guess is that on hearing that there were a thousand 'Stoke on Trent' men in Southampton yesterday that they made the short trip and tried their luck in a few boozers before kick off.  

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Joebananas said:

Stoke fan in peace here.

Great day out at your place yesterday, not only for the obvious, just a good footballing day out. A beer or 3 beforehand in town, no idiots ruining it for everyone, and the Staff at SFC were nothing short of superb. Just how it should be irrespective of the result.  Spoke to a few Saints fans before and after, all good lads so i genuinely wish you the best of luck over the next few weeks.

Based on the performance I can only think you are saving yourselves for the play-offs as I am sure this wasn't a typical SFC performance? After the Leicester result I was expecting a 'backlash' performance from you putting our mediocre team to the sword!

Congrats on winning the Nathan Jones Trophy yesterday, probably deserved.

I too am hoping we're saving ourselves for the play offs, but not convinced.

Ahhh the Nathan Jones Memorial Tophy!!

Made sense for us to appoint him, but absolutely no idea why you guys even considered him?

Lets wait until we are both back in the Prem before playing for this trophy so that we can give suitable acknowledgement to the very dark days of our past under mad Nath. I am sure he would be happy to attend and present it to the winners.

On 28/04/2024 at 15:01, Joebananas said:

Stoke fan in peace here.

Anyway, there is a thread on our forum which caught my eye, especially being a lefty myself. Can anyone explain it, is it a local thing? Should I be worried :0)

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/313010/southampton-fans

PS i came on here a while ago raving about Will Smallbone when he was at ours. Thought he looked tidy yesterday without doing anything spectacular. Is he a Prem player or just a good championship player?

Cheers

Another regional mannerism you may wish to acquaint yourself with for next season (let's face it, we're both going to be here) - if some bloke sticks his todger through a hole in the cubical divider, it means, "I'll have an Old Speckled Hen and a bag of McCoy's please."

Anyway, well done on yesterday and staying up. Enjoy the off season.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Congrats on winning the Nathan Jones Trophy yesterday, probably deserved.

I too am hoping we're saving ourselves for the play offs, but not convinced.

Surely it's 1-1 on aggregate,  trophy shared for this season ?

50 minutes ago, JRM said:

Surely it's 1-1 on aggregate,  trophy shared for this season ?

Passed backwards and forwards depending on who won last, you'd think.

The actually real Brian Clough Trophy is like that between Forest and Derby. True story.

7 hours ago, Joebananas said:

Ahhh the Nathan Jones Memorial Tophy!!

Made sense for us to appoint him, but absolutely no idea why you guys even considered him?

Lets wait until we are both back in the Prem before playing for this trophy so that we can give suitable acknowledgement to the very dark days of our past under mad Nath. I am sure he would be happy to attend and present it to the winners.

Three words.

Rasmus F*cking Ankersen.

image.thumb.png.a137285c844d5246e91a9c2c0bd9ea67.png

On 28/04/2024 at 21:47, CB Fry said:

The actually real Brian Clough Trophy is like that between Forest and Derby. True story.

Not sure what relevance this has to the discussion here. In this thread we're talking about a match between sides who have both previously employed the greatest manager in Europe.

• Haha 4