Clarkson's Farm

trousers

Posted (edited)

Love him or hate him (the majority of the self-appointed Saintsweb intelligentsia being in latter category I would imagine ;) ), Clarkson's Farm is a televisual masterpiece in my humble opinion. Just finished watching the first 4 episodes of the new series. A grown man? Struggling to holding back tears? Yep, that's me during episode 4.... guilty as charged, m'lud 🐖🐷🚜🥹

Edited by trousers
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Never watched it but heard it’s really good. Might give it a go.

Whilst some of it is undoubtedly 'staged' most of it has a feeling of authenticity about it. Recommended even if you're not a Clarkson fan.  (Watch the first 2 series first though)

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1

Not watched this series yet, but loved the previous 2 and thought they were great. He's done a hell of a lot to highlight how tough it is for farmers. 

• Like 2

Their Hawksmoor Lager, Cider and IPA is on sale in most places up here (I’m not in Gloucester itself), the farm is at Bourton on the Water not too far away. Pretty place but spring onwards tourist central a bit like Broadway is, so he’s always going to do well with the footfall. Will have a look at series 3.

8 hours ago, Gloucester Saint said:

Their Hawksmoor Lager, Cider and IPA is on sale in most places up here (I’m not in Gloucester itself), the farm is at Bourton on the Water not too far away. Pretty place but spring onwards tourist central a bit like Broadway is, so he’s always going to do well with the footfall. Will have a look at series 3.

Chipping Norton? Or more properly, Chadlington.

We went there to see the shop once when we were caravanning not too far away. It was closed but still had plenty of visitors.

16 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Chipping Norton? Or more properly, Chadlington.

We went there to see the shop once when we were caravanning not too far away. It was closed but still had plenty of visitors.

Good point, beer is brewed at Bourton but farm is at Chadlington over the border in Oxon. Chipping Norton pleasant enough, if expensive, we like Burford, big garden centre and bookshop there. Not cheap with to be fair!

Definitely not a Clarkson fan but Mrs SOG badgered me into watching this and I am glad I did.

The support cast makes the programme (Gerald 😂) as does the insight into how tough farming in the UK is.

Not seen the latest series yet but it is on the watch list and the previous ones are highly recommended.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Definitely not a Clarkson fan but Mrs SOG badgered me into watching this and I am glad I did.

The support cast makes the programme (Gerald 😂) as does the insight into how tough farming in the UK is.

Not seen the latest series yet but it is on the watch list and the previous ones are highly recommended.

Gerald is brilliant and I wonder whether he speaks like that in real life or it's mostly for the cameras. I hope Kaleb has done well out of this, he's as much the star of the show as Clarkson for me. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gloucester Saint said:

Good point, beer is brewed at Bourton but farm is at Chadlington over the border in Oxon. Chipping Norton pleasant enough, if expensive, we like Burford, big garden centre and bookshop there. Not cheap with to be fair!

We used the Caravan Club site at Burford a few times. A lovely site with the town close by. Sadly those days are now over for me.

Brilliant TV. Hits the sweet spot with the right blend of comedy, seriousness & the pettiness of local jobsworths. Kaleb is obviously the breakout star, but I like Cheerful Charlie & his exasperation when Clarkson comes up with his latest wheezes.  

• Like 5

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/24293079.councillor-quit-clarksons-farm-abuse-hopeful/

" An Oxfordshire politician who has stood down from his seat after "abuse" from Clarkson's Farm fans says he is keeping his "fingers crossed" the nasty exchanges do not continue when series three airs on Friday. "

"Mr Temple had previously told the Daily Star "he had received death threats from all over the world" on the back of Clarkson's Farm"

Gave this a watch over the past week, got two episodes in. Not a big fan of Ckarkson in general but he’s an interesting man and it seems to be a very good show, some genuine laugh out loud moments (even some which are as scripted as some of the old Top Gear gags).

• Like 1