My concern

saints triumph

We have two loan players. Two. Good to see some negativity though. I was getting worried all the negative people had run away.

Also, you have used the word "loose" - which makes no sense.

Edit: I see you have edited your poor grammar. I must wonder, how many of our players did you think were on loan? Are you this negative in every day life?

Edited by bungle

We have two loan players. Two. Good to see some negativity though. I was getting worried all the negative people had run away.

Also, you have used the word "loose" - which makes no sense.

So true, especially when most other clubs have signed someone on loan for a month initially., at least we are forward thinking. If TP and JC play well for us, either their loans will be extended until the season or thei clubs will want them back as is their perrogative.

Chill.

pointless thread, we will lose two players one of whom hasn't even played yet so can hardly be described as influential. If I remember rightly last time Birmingham were promoted half there first team was on loan from Arsenal and it didn't seem to bother them much. For the first time in ages I'm enjoying being a saints fan and hearing people talk about our football rather than our off the field problems lets just enjoy it while we can?

Tom Pekhart is on loan for the whole season. However when he finds out we don't play in front of 30,000 every game he may have other ideas! (He is quoted as saying "They have big ambition and that is what lures me and every game their matches are attended by 30,000 fans.")

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8727_4052937,00.html

No that was just bad translation. He actually said:

"watched by 10000, critiqued on a messagebaord by 20000 who are too lazy or stupid to go and watch..."

HTH ;)

Being a Saint for so many years I can't help thinking some b@stard will p155 on my bonfire. Have to say I am enjoying the ride while it lasts.

Same here, not worried about the loans. More worried about january when they all come waving their cheque books (and they will if we keep playing like this). As for now loving what im seeing :)

Same here, not worried about the loans. More worried about january when they all come waving their cheque books (and they will if we keep playing like this). As for now loving what im seeing :)

a) we will have played 26 league games.

b) the young players who have been playing great football, in an exciting team, would be out of their minds, to go somewhere else to play in the reserves, or go on loan, when some of them have been waiting ages to get first team football.

c) I have no intention of anticipating what will/will not happen over 4 months from now.

d) The young loan players if they are successful and enjoying their football, will IMO want to continue, rather than go back to the reserves, or go somewhere else on loan.,

b) the young players who have been playing great football, in an exciting team, would be out of their minds, to go somewhere else to play in the reserves, or go on loan, when some of them have been waiting ages to get first team football.

c) I have no intention of anticipating what will/will not happen over 4 months from now.

d) The young loan players if they are successful and enjoying their football, will IMO want to continue, rather than go back to the reserves, or go somewhere else on loan.,

A well reasoned reply

If they are in the first team, I can't see them wanting to go back to Chelsea/Spuds reserves. If they aren't in the first team, it's not the end of the world if they leave.

Also, Saganowski's loan is only until January also, so if Pekhart doesn't stay, we may well Keep Saga to fill the void.

A well reasoned reply

Sadly, footballers aren't blessed with logical brains. They have bright lights and media induced starry-eyed dreams.

Mills and Cranie come to mind. Even Oakley, if you can believe it..!

I should imagine the vultures will be looking at our future stars for the new season (2009-2010), a bit like Bale. Although Theo left in the Januaary window this was slightly different as he was not under contract.

If they are on loan they are on offer.. FACT! Stop worrying, if they were considered really that special they wouldn't be at SMS believe you me. You've forgotten how big is the gulf between Chelsea, Spurs and us in terms of playing strength and ambition.

If we can off-load the old has-beens / never-was's before then don't bet against signing them both. What future for Jack Cork at Chelsea with Kaka and all the rest of the £50m + contingent?

Sadly, footballers aren't blessed with logical brains. They have bright lights and media induced starry-eyed dreams.

I don't think you can say Oakley was ever a glory hunter. He moved from a Saints side who had a new manager with money to spend and were widely tipped for promotion, to Derby, who had just finished something like 18th and were in serious debt.

He moved because Burley wouldn't give him the same 2 year contract he offered Wright less than a month later.

And If Saints are with it, what happened to Cranie and Mills, is a good example of what they don't want to do.

I don't think you can say Oakley was ever a glory hunter. He moved from a Saints side who had a new manager with money to spend and were widely tipped for promotion, to Derby, who had just finished something like 18th and were in serious debt.

He moved because Burley wouldn't give him the same 2 year contract he offered Wright less than a month later.

HOORAY!!!

At LAST somebody has actually DISAGREED with something another poster has said.

(but ever so politely)

Good grief, either they are putting some weird sh*t in the water over there these days or in the words of Michael Glittery Jackson

We gotta be Starting Something....

Hmm new goal music???