Martin St Quinton ?

qwertySFC

So Rugby's rearing its head on this thread too.

Is there something sinister about this constant reference to Rugby and SMS?

Or have I taken too many conspiracy tablets today?

Hockey interests would get some going

Conspiracy Tablets

He seems to buy any company which is good value for money

Do you remember the rumour from a while back that Wasps were to play their games at SMS. It all ties in!!

Do you remember the rumour from a while back that Wasps were to play their games at SMS. It all ties in!!

What has Wasps got to do with St Quinton he is involved with Gloucester where World Cup games may be played as well

By the way it was not a rumour it was somebody's crack pot idea

Who is going to be the first to make the link between a man who made his fortune in office equipment and IT and Marc Jackson?

Me I guess.

I'm more making a connection between what sounds like an upper class name and an upper class twit, both who come from Gloucestershire.

Now I've really frightened myself :shock:

Whats the link ?

The clue is in the question.

One made a fortune selling IT and office equipment and Marc Jackson according to the interview I saw the other day has spent his career working in these areas.

I was simply wondering out loud whether their paths had crossed.

The clue is in the question.

One made a fortune selling IT and office equipment and Marc Jackson according to the interview I saw the other day has spent his career working in these areas.

I was simply wondering out loud whether their paths had crossed.

Marc used to make the tea and load the paper into the photo copier.

This bit is very interesting too:

QUINTON FACTS:

St Quinton is former captain of the first XV at Pocklington School, Yorkshire. He also played for Durham University.

Business wise, in 1980 St Quinton started The Saint Group, a private office equipment company.

He sold the company to Danka PLC in 1993.

From 1993-99 he was CEO of Danka’s International Operations, acquiring over 50 companies in 30 countries during that time.

In 2000 he founded Azzurri Communications, which has since grown to 700 staff with a £150 million turnover.

St Quinton was named Ernst and Young Technology Entrepreneur of the Year in 2003.

from the same article:

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/gloucester/headlines/Super-stadium-plan-Gloucester-Rugby-clubarticle-411138-details/article.html

I worked for Martin St Quinton in the 90's and he certainly never put out he was a Saints fan.

The company had a box at A**enal.

Did anyone say he was a Saints fan? I thought the original post in the thread said he was not interested in the club, only the ground. However, I can't see what use it is unless he plans to use it for other sports (i.e. Rugby. Maybe Trojans are going back to the big time after years in the wilderness).

Did anyone say he was a Saints fan? I thought the original post in the thread said he was not interested in the club, only the ground. However, I can't see what use it is unless he plans to use it for other sports (i.e. Rugby. Maybe Trojans are going back to the big time after years in the wilderness).

I wonder if he might have a dream of seeing a bunch of peanut chasers running round St. Mary's.

Not being a fan of the "other code", are there any rugby clubs "near" us would benefit from access to a 32,500 seater stadium?

I wonder if he might have a dream of seeing a bunch of peanut chasers running round St. Mary's.

Not being a fan of the "other code", are there any rugby clubs "near" us would benefit from access to a 32,500 seater stadium?

No there are no other clubs at the moment who can support a 32500 Stadium although London Wasps sometimes reach their capacity at Wycombe.

I cannot see fans travelling a long way from London to watch rugby

Coventry's Ground is sometimes used for Rugby

Yes including this :

Business wise, in 1980 St Quinton started The Saint Group, a private office equipment company

That seems to complete a rather worrying circle doesn't it ?

Also :

Wasn't one of the Ch Island geezers a Quinten ?

And this chap has a bald head,as did SCW who of course was also a rugger-bugger .

Too many co-incidences here.Its getting eerie.

My guess is the original poster heard "Quinton" "Southampton" and "Rugby" and put 2+2+2 together and got 7.

From a quick 10 minutes on google, it would actually fit his profile, in terms of buying and selling companies plus his work on the stadium side of things at Glouster. If the ground could be bought for 8 million (similar to Ipswich) then financially, buying just the ground looks very viable. I think from memory we pay around 1.7 million a year to Aviva. If someone bought the ground and only charged us 1 million, plus any other things they use it for conferences, concerts, world cup rugby etc, it would probably take around 5 years to see a return, which is a relatively short period of time for the potential profits over the years.

Not saying i think its definatley true, but there could well be something in it.

I think Dean Ryan should go Gloucester continually under perform

Agree.I saw then dumped 46-6 or something v Bath at Twickenham in 1990Didn't go to the recent fiasco v Cardiff Blues but never anticipated such an implosion by them in a cup final (again),which was worse than 1990.

Point being I suspect St Q. has enough on his plate at Kingsholm without getting involved in us.

I met and have worked with MSQ at Azzurri. He founded the company on 2000 -01 using a venture capitalist and grew it to 100million turnover over 6 years through aquisition only.

He got booted when the company was rumoured to be in financial trouble and went through a strategic restructure.

I think the council are missing a golden opportunity to claim a cash cow disguised as an act of help, and as for the paper clips tycoon, he is going to be gutted if his due diligence didn't pick up that our franking machine is knackered.

I keep hearing residents banging on about how they don't want their money used to bail out the football club through buying a really cheap stadium that can create huge profits, thus reducing the pressure to increase council tax.

Safer in an Icelandic Isa, cos you can trust banks.

And MPs.

I met and have worked with MSQ at Azzurri. He founded the company on 2000 -01 using a venture capitalist and grew it to 100million turnover over 6 years through aquisition only.

He got booted when the company was rumoured to be in financial trouble and went through a strategic restructure.

Any link between Azzurri and Centerprise? (other than they both appear to be one of the 16 members of something called BECTA - which promotes the use of IT in education).