Mouth ulcer home remedies

Colinjb

Any ideas? It feels like the back of my mouth is under seige.

I've already tried:

Salt directly applied. Burns like a b*tch, usually works but this is a large one (3/4 the size of my index finger nail) and it seems to shake it off.

Alcohol, well; Whiskey. Numbs it, but then it comes back with a vengeance.

I need more ideas, I want this little motherf*cker gone. It's been 4 days now and it will not relent.

Tincture of myrrh and here is how to make it for yourself.

Chemists used to sell it in UK but no idea if they still do, could try Bonjela ??

Dilute the salt with water and swill it around rather than salt direct as it won't hurt :D

Wait for about 10 days and a wise man will deliver it to your stable. Along with a golden frankenstein. Or something.

I realise that it is not in the spirit of your OP, but why don't you go to the doctor ??

Because he would probably say something along the lines of 'man up and buy some Bonjella.'

It's easing off now, thankfully. Worst thing about it was that swelling was causing it to rub against my back teeth. So while it's still there, the reduced swelling is enough to make it more then tolerable.

It's lasted a week now, not had one quite that bad before.

Edited by Colinjb

Just out of interest...what causes ulcers?

They are a massive pain in the arse and I get them on a regular. My mum always used to say it was due to drinking too much...

For anyone who is interested i suffered badly with the things until i read that there is something in toothpaste called sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) which in some people is the main reason you get them.

I have since july been using a toothpaste called Squigle which is bloody expensive at £6 a tube but is free of this nasty chemical. Can honestly say it has made a massive difference , not one single ulcer since july.

I am 44 yrs old and tried everything. Seems to me i was rubbing the very thing that caused them onto my gums twice a day, and no i dont own the company. Cheapest place to buy it is e bay if anyone wants to give it a try.