Fans who watch England away

Thedelldays

Me and a mate are thinking about getting into this..I assume you need to sign up at englandfans.

with regards to travel, is there a company that does packages for the game or do you book your own flights and accom...

if so, are there any cheapo companies you use..etc..

Do everything independently, you save a fortune.

Organised trips* are for gimps, freaks and wierdos, and whilst I'm sure you'd fit in fine I'm not sure your mates would be happy.

*This rule doesn't apply to the likes of Toiletstan and other countries that shouldn't be under Europe and are 'kin impossible to get to on the cheap!

The official fan club is the only way to get standard tickets for away games.

You can also apply for tournaments via the lottery system on say the FIFA or UEFA sites.

FWIW in Japan in '02 they limited the non fan club tickets for England games to non-UK residents, as a result almost every fan we met was an expat who'd got them this way (SF, Perth, Melbourne, Rio, Jo'Burg - in fact fans we met in the bars and stuff were from everywhere EXCEPT from Blighty as they were stuck in cotton wool on the official packages.

There are reputable agencies as well who do the tickets, but they cost a LOT of money. I used one for Japan to do all the group games, but I HAD saved up for it for 2 years, or another way (probably pre-recession) is to talk you company's marketing team into being either a support sponsor or to do corporate packages to tournaments. That way I got to France '98 and Portugal '04 - all freebies - it all comes down to "But Boss they will only place this huge contract IF we do this" works every time.

(Of course that approach is stuff all use if you are working on a shop floor I know)

The final way is to win tickets, again easier here, especially with Emirates who do a "fly loads of miles and get a ticket" draws. You apply for a match in advance and then fly a lot to b*llsh*t meetings. Of course no help if you don't have a B**s job but it got me to the Portugal qtr final in Germany (arrgghh) and the Rugby in Paris.

Getting these is a state of mind, you have to plan and attack it properly, for me, seeing any England side away was always a dream, I then bent my work stuff or vacations around that as I worked my way up the ladder in the company. The piece de resistance was getting full-on Corp Hospitality for the France Brazil final in 98.

People call you jammy but in fact it really was down to damned hard work and planning. I could have changed jobs loads of times BUT this was my dream more than the job titles and it worked, and everyone thinks I am one lucky b*std, but they had no idea how much work it took to blag that stuff!

I highly recommend it Delldays, it is simply awsome. Make sure you always get away for a few days rather than just doing on any organised day trips. A game hasn't gone to a ballot this whole campaign, so it is also easier for new members to go up the cap table.

how much is the englandfans membership..?

edit...found the costing...if I sign up..how many tickets can I get on my membership for home and away games?

4 for home, 1 for away, and you'll have to provide proof of travel for away games, e.g. plane ticket, hotel receipt with your name on it, etc.

how do you provide proof of travel..?

Just send whatever you're using as your proof of travel to them through the post.

They tightened up on it a couple of years ago - previously you could get away with sending photocopies of boarding cards etc to them, but they then realised that there were quite a lot of people who were pretty handy with a scanner and Photoshop, so they now insist on originals, and I think they generally now only accept a boarding card or hotel receipt, either of which has to have your name on it.

Hey guys

Me and a mate are planning of going to South Africa for the world cup, just wondering from people with experience how easy it will be to get hold of tickets and especially for England games....? we were both englandfans members, but think we wouldnt have enough points to get tickets that way, is that correct? Also tickets go on official sale in a couple of weeks should we buy some then and hope to swap!

thanks advice would be greatly appreicated

i dont get this...do you get your ticket on the day..?

Theres a bit of confusion here,what they meant is that when you buy tickets as an englandfan you get caps which are just membership points. To get tickets for away games you need to have a certain number of caps,the same applies for big tournaments. To get these applied to your account you have to show proof of your travels,or get your membership scanned at the away venue,but you do get your match ticket well in advance. Oh and Thomas Cook do the official travel packages,although its much cheaper and fun to sort it yourself.

Don't waste your time, mate. With the odd exception, England away games haven't been worth going to for years.

Tickets are stupid money. The FA want to know the size of your arsehole. And you have to hang out with people who wear face paint.

Home games without doubt, but you are miles off with away games. My ticket for Spain next week was £15, and Germany back in November was about £13, hardly stupid money?

And you get face painters at every game whether it be Saints or England. They are certainly outnumbered though on away games.

Im planning on seeing us win the world cup next year, but after reading up the page it seems I might not need to as it could be easier to get tickets? Or would you suggest still applying for membership?

The only way to get official England allocation tickets for the world cup will be via the membership. Those who have the most caps stand the best chance of getting tickets, the rest will be in a ballot.

You might get lucky in a FIFA ballot or from a tout, but unless you're a member, you won't get one in the FA's allocation.

I would imagine anyone in the Englandfans+ membership that wants a ticket for SA games will get one, regardless of caps. You have to have been to at least 1 away game though. Don't even get me started about how much it's going to cost :-(

I would imagine anyone in the Englandfans+ membership that wants a ticket for SA games will get one, regardless of caps. You have to have been to at least 1 away game though. Don't even get me started about how much it's going to cost :-(

Thats if we even bother to go to SA, aka the arse hole of the world. Much rather wait another 4 years and go to Brazil.

Don't waste your time, mate. With the odd exception, England away games haven't been worth going to for years.

Tickets are stupid money. The FA want to know the size of your arsehole. And you have to hang out with people who wear face paint.

Not always.

Croatia was about 3,000 lads and 1,000 gimps, similar for Belarus. Makes for a much better trip.

Away tickets are fairly cheap. My ticket for Belarus away was only £15 as is my Spain ticket and my Germany ticket was only £18. Croatian and Andorran FA's stung us though.

England away is a great laugh, I've met loads of mates through it and have a cracking time every time I go away. Quite a few Saints travel these days and always seem to bump into someone I know/recognise.

Let's just pray my flight to Seville doesn't get cancelled on Tuesday.

Not always.

Croatia was about 3,000 lads and 1,000 gimps, similar for Belarus. Makes for a much better trip.

Away tickets are fairly cheap. My ticket for Belarus away was only £15 as is my Spain ticket and my Germany ticket was only £18. Croatian and Andorran FA's stung us though.

England away is a great laugh, I've met loads of mates through it and have a cracking time every time I go away. Quite a few Saints travel these days and always seem to bump into someone I know/recognise.

Let's just pray my flight to Seville doesn't get cancelled on Tuesday.

It won´t be cancelled from our end! Lovely sunny weather here this weekend! As I said earlier going to the game with Spanish mates so be in the home end! Tickets are 10 euros for **** seats and 35 euros for the plush seats. Also Seville is a great city for drinking and sight seeing. Will drive up in the morning and spend the day on the lash! Might wear my saints shirt so if any of you see me say hello!:D

If you like hanging round with a load of knuckle-dragging northern morons, this is definitely a good idea.

One qualifying campaign was good enough to put me off for a while. England supporters travel in great number, but the sad fact is that many of them are ****s. On top of that, the 'budget' airlines jack up their fares to any nearby destinations by a couple of thousand per cent every time an England fixture is announced. And to be able to get tickets for away games, you'll need enough 'caps' or to be lucky in the draw.

As far as home games go, Wembley is a nice treat, but going to all the England home games brings you down. The atmosphere is usually rubbish, there's a 100% chance than somebody near you will be an annoying, whinging, moronic *****, who seemingly wants England to lose. On top of that, it will take you ages to get out along Wembley Way, because there aren't enough platforms at the tube station.

P.S. Steve McClaren is a ****.

Delldays, problem is EnglandFans+ has no spaces available. Well, at least the last time I enquired. EnglandFans gets you home games, but you need to + version to get tickets for away games.

And it only opens for application every 2 years I think. Next time will be after the 2010 world cup I guess.

To be expected for a qualifier of that significance unfortunately. Palace this season was £30 so £50 for Russia we can't exactly complain too much. Although the Russian FA did rather fleece the England fans since the home tickets were a fair whack cheaper.

It won´t be cancelled from our end! Lovely sunny weather here this weekend! As I said earlier going to the game with Spanish mates so be in the home end! Tickets are 10 euros for **** seats and 35 euros for the plush seats. Also Seville is a great city for drinking and sight seeing. Will drive up in the morning and spend the day on the lash! Might wear my saints shirt so if any of you see me say hello!:D

Where do you live in Spain? I'm in Málaga city was in Fuengirola.

To be expected for a qualifier of that significance unfortunately. Palace this season was £30 so £50 for Russia we can't exactly complain too much.

This is exactly the attitude that has priced the sensible majority out of football. Of course you can complain, but that's pointless. The best thing to do is simply not turn up and continue to do so until it doesn't cost half a working man's wage to see a bloody football match.

Anything more than £20 for 90 minutes entertainment is ridiculous - especially when a good show is far from guaranteed.

Heartly recommend following England at a tournement. Been to the last few and got tickets on ebay (overpriced of course) in advance for some and then at the games themselves from touts and locals.

In contrast to the qualifiers where the away following tends to be inundated by `yoof' the tournements see so many England fans travel that the idiots are dilluted.

• 3 months later...

Been following just over a year now, love it to bits,

You normally get in a 4,000 allocation 3,000 quality england lads then 1,000 gays...

Enjoy it so much, trips to kazaksthan, Ukraine and Holland this year with SA next year times are looking good...

If you like hanging round with a load of knuckle-dragging northern morons, this is definitely a good idea.

One qualifying campaign was good enough to put me off for a while. England supporters travel in great number, but the sad fact is that many of them are ****s. On top of that, the 'budget' airlines jack up their fares to any nearby destinations by a couple of thousand per cent every time an England fixture is announced. And to be able to get tickets for away games, you'll need enough 'caps' or to be lucky in the draw.

As far as home games go, Wembley is a nice treat, but going to all the England home games brings you down. The atmosphere is usually rubbish, there's a 100% chance than somebody near you will be an annoying, whinging, moronic *****, who seemingly wants England to lose. On top of that, it will take you ages to get out along Wembley Way, because there aren't enough platforms at the tube station.

Quite - and that's why I've retired and decided to spend my money elsewhere.

Whilst ive never been sat next to anyone annoying, on the way out of England v Ukraine i overheard a guy looking at the Bobby Moore statue say 'is that alf ramsey?'.......................................Nuff said