Jump to content

Holmes_and_Watson

Subscribed Users
  • Posts

    12741
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Holmes_and_Watson

  1. It's so unfair. The asylum seekers put in those houses are going to be really upset, when they see Buckingham Palace being given to other asylum seekers, after it's refurbished.
  2. Music fan Burnham, does take a lot of his build the north policies from Devo. When a problem comes along, you must whippet Before the tax bill gets too long, you must whippet When something's going wrong, you must whippet Now whippet it into shape, shape it up, get straight Go forward, move ahead, try to detect it, it's not too late To whippet it, whippet it good
  3. Did she not get into a final recently? Quick check: Transylvanian Open. A WTA 250 event.
  4. That would have been a wood pigeon, a magpie and a squirrel walk into a bar. They're all knocked unconscious, trying to walk straight through the glass in the door.
  5. It will be an awkward moment when Larin sees Marsch arrive to stand in for the suspended Tonda. πŸ™‚
  6. I was doing quick bit of painting, and turned to see a gull, 2 magpies, a wood pigeon and a few town pigeons waiting for a snack. I turned, because the cat had mewed at the squirrel feeding from the squirrel feeder. A happy wildlife moment. I don't talk to the animals, so much as bribe them with food to avoid being attacked. πŸ™‚
  7. If it was for a cause, I'm sure I'd have heard Jordan Henderson's support for them, before dropping them for a middle east payment.
  8. No Larin. No interest. In the same annoying bracket as all the countries breaking records by progressing. If everyone's invited, and 8 third place teams go through...
  9. The new FAB has moved away from having people who just happen to have interest in or represent a particular demographic, to now having 4 of the 8 places for those groups. We have SDSA, Women’s Supporters Group, and Rainbow Saints now represented. There's a spot left for a group.
  10. Clarke resigns from Scotland role https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c5yzq73x1p7o He'd been a bit happier looking for some of this tournament. But he, like other managers, never took well to criticism from the` hacks. There was more of that this week, as they questioned whether he could have got more put of them. We've seen a lot of his players, a d they've all got a mistake in them. He approached this to ensure 3 points from the opener, which was a must. He wanted to try for a point against Morocco. He picked a more cautious line up, only to watch it concede within a couple of minutes. He went a little more attacking v Brazil, but it was always going to be difficult. Again, they were pants in defence. He's been called considered to be a good coach, if not manager. So, a change could be a good refresh all round. Although that's not going to I prove the quality of the resources.
  11. A couple of nice finishes. But Panama had enough openings that should worry Tuchel. The defence looked weak, even when the squad was announced. They've lived up to that a bit.
  12. "Bellingham. Who else?" As the pillock says after the event, in every game. Now moved into smug victory tone.
  13. I did laugh when 120 million Anderson was out skilled by his opponent. Good header from Kane to take the game beyond Panama.
  14. Well, I'm not reading that, as I bought it just for that article. πŸ™‚ Hypo's comment indicates I've wasted my pennies. Not for the first time on WSC.
  15. England still struggling to break team's down, with very slow build ups. Moving it across the park, because they've been told to, rather than for any advantage at that speed. Despite the 'tators saying if one goes in it will be two or three, Panama have had a lot of the better movement and passing. In part, on the break, but some good understanding too. Saka and Rashford at least brought England into it towards half time.
  16. I remember watching a Sven Goran-Eriksson Man City game that finished goalless, with neither side getting much of a shot in. What was the most boring game ever seen by some, I was rivetted by. πŸ™‚
  17. Just what I was remembering. Really glad they waited to get the move to a top league, and it not being all about the money. Glad we avoided this one.
  18. I'm blaming being really young, but I think I was watching and didn't actually realise. πŸ™‚ Bear in mind, like the entire analyst industry that followed, I was also focused on my felt tips, to record cards and subs. It was a long time before I read about it, and I remember being surprised. I remembered the opening spell, with a goal, more than anything. "Poised for a further breakthrough at anytime, by one of these cagey sides," I was probably thinking. πŸ™‚
  19. Can't imagine Austria ever playing out for a draw. πŸ™‚
  20. He's been very much in form with the press as Uruguay coach. Oh, and looking at the floor for the photoshoots.
  21. My transaction is the bar/cafe/restaurant giving me a product and me paying for it. There's not a second transaction, where I have to prop up the below minimum wage of their staff. That's a transaction between them and their staff.
Γ—
Γ—
  • Create New...