Iconic Saints photos

saintmatt

• 10 months later...
At a push, I reckon it was 11 March 1992, Saints 1 Palace 0, judging from the Brazil kits on show. I think I can just about see myself in my season ticket in the East Stand ;-)

April 1992. 1-0 v Sheff Weds.

You can see Carlton Palmer bottom left.

Sazints1001.jpg[/img]

What a great forward line that was Paine, Chivers, and Davies with a young Mike Channon too! (Wales best player ever and three current and to be full England Internationals forwards) If only we could have defended better! (Jimmy Gabriel aside).

This was the first Saints team I saw on my first visit to the Dell!

Edited by Saint Without a Halo

I'd forgotten about this thread!

[quality pics against Man City]

Maybe a bit too early to be classed as iconic, but thought I'd get the ball rolling on pics from this season!

Early maybe but these photos will become iconic in the future. I'll forever remember this moment and how I (we) felt when SRL smashed in our first goal back in the Premier League.

It's quite stupid how emotional we get about football, but damn how proud were we when that went in?

Love Lambert!

What a great forward line that was Paine, Chivers, and Davies with a young Mike Channon too! (Wales best player ever and three current and to be full England Internationals forwards) If only we could have defended better! (Jimmy Gabriel aside).

This was the first Saints team I saw on my first visit to the Dell!

And don't forget the fantastic left-winger John Sydenham (front row, far right). Went to my old grammar school - St. Mary's College. What a group that is in the photo!

• 3 years later...