Chris Baird now Unattached

BristolSaint

Can play CB, RB and DM. On a free, links to the club and the area. Squad player only agreed but I don't think it is such a bad idea myself considering his versatility.

Free perhaps but probably not cheap. Signing on fee and nigh on PL salary. Would have been a shoe-in for Pompey if they weren't in the 4th division and skint. Brighton will be on it though.

Free perhaps but probably not cheap. Signing on fee and nigh on PL salary. Would have been a shoe-in for Pompey if they weren't in the 4th division and skint. Brighton will be on it though.

Bournemouth..?

The club have demonstrated pretty clearly that outfield players bought in will be young and with potential to develop. Chris Baird might or might not be a good idea in principle as a covering squad player, but it just isn't going to happen.

Maybe we owe him something for handing us a point at the Boxing Day match at Craven Cottage, when his unnecessary handball gifted us a Rickie penalty near the end of the game.

Chris will always be a legend here for his first senior run out in the Cup Final in 2003.. what a start!

I don't see sentimentality figuring very strongly in Cortese's plans or those of Pochettino either so SMS will be a no go area but Chris could probably do a season or two down at Bournemouth who are definitely on the up with a fourth stand in construction and an ambitious Russky owner.

Chris will always be a legend here for his first senior run out in the Cup Final in 2003.. what a start!

Agree with the sentiment but it was not his first senior start. He started the last league game v Man City the week before, and had a couple of sub appearances too. So it was a second start FFS :)

People on this thread /forum talk like we are a top 6 club! Baird would be great back up, and especially could help shaws progression. Shaw has bags of energy, pace, strength, and an experienced head to help guide him will only be usful. I would not mind him at the club at all.

I don't see sentimentality figuring very strongly in Cortese's plans or those of Pochettino either so SMS will be a no go area but Chris could probably do a season or two down at Bournemouth who are definitely on the up with a fourth stand in construction and an ambitious Russky owner.

To be fair, it was a start that he failed to live up to. He is not and never was a legend here. Sorry. Legends = MLT, Mickey Channon, etc

Can play CB, RB and DM. On a free, links to the club and the area. Squad player only agreed but I don't think it is such a bad idea myself considering his versatility.

I saw the thread title and knew this would polarise opinion!I'm with you, Hulk. We would struggle to get anyone so versatile who could drop in to a number of positions, without whingeing. Make him an offer, Saints.

My heart says he can do a job in centre mid , helping shut up shop or covering for cork & ms on a temporary basis, but my head says no.

The way we play he'll get roasted at full back and surely we have enough centre halves not to need a utility player as back up. As a defensive midfielder, he's not an improvement on what we have. If you stand still, you get overtaken nowadays, and he is not an improvement. Sad, as the guy was terribly underused for a couple of seasons by certain of our managers Seems like a good bloke who ended up with a half decent perm career, but not with us unfortunately.