New song inspired by the Argentinians at the World Cup

gogo_saint

Well, stolen from them.

This will probably be my first and only attempt at this, but this tune has been in my head for about 4 weeks now so I thought It must be a good one. To the tune of Creedance Clearwater Revival's Bad moon rising, as sung like these guys below:

This video is good but confusing as it shows it in three languages so everyone knows that they are better than Brazil.

And my version. *anticipates ridicule*

We are the red and white Southampton;

Koeman's, the leader of The Boys;

Up front, we've got Jay-Rod and Pelle;

And back, we've got Clyne and Fonte;

Wanyama and Davis, Schniederlin and Tadic,

Means Lallana/(you're team) will be sucking on our dicks

Repeat over and over and over and over

Superb song and rhythm. Would be fun to get this going this season.

Here is my version:

Brasil, decime que se siente / Pompey! tell me how it feeeeeels

tener en casa a tu papa? / To beeeee so far down the leeeaaaaguess

Te juro, que aunque pasen los años / I swear, although the years pass byyyy

nunca nos vamos a olvidar / I'll neverrrrrr be able to forrgeeeeet

Que el Diego te gambeteó / That Lambo scored against you!

que Cani te vacunó / That Beats took the ****!

que estás llorando desde Italia hasta hoy / That Fratton is falling to piecesssss!

A Messi lo vas a ver / Pelle, you will see

la Copa nos va a traer / Will take us up the league

Maradona es más grande que Pelé / Soton is bigger than Pompey!

Feel free to amend it.

Who are Pompey? Why sing about them? Are you talking about that nothing of a club that once made the mistake of believing they were the best team in the south but are now an irrelevance in the lower leagues? Who cares about them? I don't understand why people would prefer to sing about them than about Saints. If that's the case for some, then they should go to their matches instead of to watch Saints.

Or to summarise: for flip's sake let's sing about Saints not about some tinpot lower league irrelevant lame excuse of a football club!

Who are Pompey? Why sing about them? Are you talking about that nothing of a club that once made the mistake of believing they were the best team in the south but are now an irrelevance in the lower leagues? Who cares about them? I don't understand why people would prefer to sing about them than about Saints. If that's the case for some, then they should go to their matches instead of to watch Saints.

Or to summarise: for flip's sake let's sing about Saints not about some tinpot lower league irrelevant lame excuse of a football club!

Like it or not, there are part of our history.

It's like Everton and Liverpool

Arsenal Spurs

Newcastle Sunderland

That s why I incorporated the bits of Lambo and Beattie (our more recent history against them)

I also mention the present Saints most notably Pelle so it's not all about Pompey. If you had a Saints Pompey in the FA cup I can guarantee you it will be the fastest selling of the season so people do care about our rivalry and history against them however low they have fallen.

If you have another version of the song feel free to contribute.

Like it or not, there are part of our history.

It's like Everton and Liverpool

Arsenal Spurs

Newcastle Sunderland

That s why I incorporated the bits of Lambo and Beattie (our more recent history against them)

I also mention the present Saints most notably Pelle so it's not all about Pompey. If you had a Saints Pompey in the FA cup I can guarantee you it will be the fastest selling of the season so people do care about our rivalry and history against them however low they have fallen.

If you have another version of the song feel free to contribute.

Yes but all of those sides are in the same division - that's when there's real rivalry - Portsmouth are in the bottom division in England we are in the top - why on earth our crowd continues

to sing about them is beyond me. Hopefully we will be spared a Koeman anti-Pompey chant...but don't hold your breath.

Would love it if we coulda age to maintain a song at that speed. Will never happen. Bring back the Woolston Ferry!!

The Woolston Ferry is sung every home game in Block 42 of the Northam - and it's been starting to spread around more and more people!

It was an away game song too, but we don't get to so many of those anymore!

:)

The Woolston Ferry is sung every home game in Block 42 of the Northam - and it's been starting to spread around more and more people!

Haven't heard it from block 41.

We tired it once and 2-3 people joined in.

I did think originally it wasn't worth singing about Pompey at the moment but hey. It's fun to laugh at them.

Here's another version. (Still can't get it out if my head)

Forget, those fish from down the road;

Our kids are better than your first team;

It's the way it's always going to be;

Bobby stokes in 76;

For a decade Matt Le Tiss;

The saints will always hunt you down...

league one to the premiership;

Under leibherr stewardship ;

The saints are always marching on...

Repeat

Here's another version. (Still can't get it out if my head)

Forget, those fish from down the road;

Our kids are better than your first team;

It's the way it's always going to be;

Bobby stokes in 76;

For a decade Matt Le Tiss;

The saints will always hunt you down...

league one to the premiership;

Under leibherr stewardship ;

The saints are always marching on...

Big fan of this song, it`s been sung everywhere in Buenos and Argentina the past month... would be great to take to St Mary`s and would be original for UK. Whether we could handle it is another matter...it`s sung relatively slowly with a clap every two beats (Doesn`t have the frantic nature of you sign whittingham we sign poch etc.....)

Quite like the version above but not so keen on `The saints will always hunt you down...`

Yes but all of those sides are in the same division - that's when there's real rivalry - Portsmouth are in the bottom division in England we are in the top - why on earth our crowd continues

to sing about them is beyond me. Hopefully we will be spared a Koeman anti-Pompey chant...but don't hold your breath.

Do you honestly not understand why Saints fans hate the Skates? What does League placing have to do with it?

Words like stewardship have 0 chance of being sung. Let's face it, max 7 or 8 words per song, no word longer or more complicated than 'wonderland', then clap and repeat.

Why? The Rickie lambert song had more than 8 words and took a little learning. Yes it was shorter than this one and had a verse of just the word 'la', but proves that our fans aren't as dumb as some like to make out on here. I take your point about the word stewardship though. Couldn't think of a better word, and as it rhymed I stuck it in.

Ignore tokyo-saint gogo he is notorious troll! I like ur song! I bumped into Rihanna earlier tho and she offers you these notes:

"We are the red and white Southampton". Yes, this is fine, i give this the approving nod, this is a strong & manly opening line. "Forget those fish from down the road". This strikes the right note, good work gogo! I can sense the divine fire in you! I'm not sure about ending on an "o" vowel sound tho, it sounds a touch mournful. I would switch to an "ah". My fans like "ah" sounds i.e. in my hit song, Umbrellah. "Our kids are better than your first team" Hmm this is slightly weak, i think. I dunno that you should be singing about kids in any case. It's the meagre boast of the unsuccessful club, that you have good youth team. "It's the way it's always going to be" Aha! Here is a floater! This ought to rhyme with line 2 & is also somewhat weak and anti-climatic. There will engender a sense of disappointment!

Also, just as a general note it would be better if you could get Jay-Z or one of your other celebrity rap mates to butt into the song at some point and rap things like, Uh huh, uh huh, yeah Rihanna, Uh, Jay-Z, Uh-huh, boats and ho's - that is always a big crowd pleaser!

Do you honestly not understand why Saints fans hate the Skates? What does League placing have to do with it?

I think this is where the confusion is for you lot that like to sing about P*mpey. It's not that we don't hate them - most of us most certainly do. I certainly do myself most of the time, though I can't speak for Steeleye; that's up to him. My hatred of them goes back to living with a skate for a year while at uni. He was a mate until it came to football - but as soon as football came into the equation he was a complete and utter tosser. I have also seen documentaries about that idiot 'Big John' or whatever his name is and the bile that comes out of his mouth is enough to make anyone hate them.

However, it is in no small part because of my hatred for P*mpey that I don't like to sing about them. You see, it's not that we don't understand the hatred, it's just that we:

1. Hate P*mpey too much to want to hear them even mentioned.

2. Hate the thought that P*mpey fans are getting enjoyment from the mistaken belief that we are worried that they could beat us if we were to play them now.

3. Love Southampton a million times more than we hate P*mpey.

4. Hate the fact that many fans can't sing about Saints without mentioning P*mpey as though they were still in a position to challenge our status as the 'only one team in Hampshire' (a song that I DO approve of!).

5. Have this sneaking suspicion that some of the anti-Skate songs are actually promoted by P*mpey fans trying to get one over on us (so they would think).

6. Get a greater rush of joy every time Saints win (even if P*mpey happen to win) than we get from them losing when we lose (even if it does give a crumb of comfort, especially when it edges them closer to the bottom of the table).

7. Have the sneaking suspicion that some fans would rather we were in the same division as P*mpey, at whatever level that might be, than that we challenge at the upper end of the Premier League.

8. Feel that singing about P*mpey is a kind of flattery for them, whereas we would rather laugh quietly at them every time they lose and loudly at them every time we win.

So, these are a large part of my reasons why I would rather we stopped singing so much about P*mpey and sung far more about Saints. :)

How about direct it at Liverpool instead of the blue few? It's more relevant:-

(I've entitled it 'Southampton As Arising')

You see, Southampton is arising,

So listen Scousers, one and all,

You took our Rickie, and then Adam,

We bought Graziano and we bought Dušan

We banked your thirty Mil', and we got the better deal,

Southampton's gonna win The Premier League,

Your transfers are a mess,

You're **** without Suarez,

Keegan and Case loved us more than you.

Keegan and Case loved us more than you.

like (apart from arising)

Well I've thought of the perfect chant for Liverpool away.

We know you're a C**t

We Know you're a C**t

Adam Lallana we know you're a C**t

and for the more articulate ppl of our fan base (To the tune of 'The Animals Went In Two By Two'. )

He loved us even more than his wife, he said, he said

He'd snap our arm off to be here life, he said he said

Employing Koeman wasn't enough

Fak ya then and your beardy fluff

Adam Lallana you judas arrogant C**t

Edited by Saint IQ

See, Southampton is arising,

Listen Scousers, one and all,

We bought Graziano and Dušan

Keegan and Case loved us more than you

Southampton's gonna win The Premier League.

Edited slightly to flow better, but I really like that.

Edited by Saint_clark

Love this video it is such a catchy tune, think a song to work needs to be kept short and simple so here goes to the same tune, ahem forgive me if its carp:

We are Ronald Koemans Army

He is the leader of the Saints

Who the f##k is Adam Lallanna

We have Grazi Pelle and Tadic

Stay away from Anfield

They'll try and steal our soul

We are Saints and never die

I thank you in advance for numerous insults lol. Cmon you reds

Yeah but even then about 40% of people were just going na na na na na na na na Rickie Rickie na na na na na na na na rickie rickie na na na na premier league na na na na 6 ft 3

Even though he's 6ft 2. ;)

Why? The Rickie lambert song had more than 8 words and took a little learning. Yes it was shorter than this one and had a verse of just the word 'la', but proves that our fans aren't as dumb as some like to make out on here. I take your point about the word stewardship though. Couldn't think of a better word, and as it rhymed I stuck it in.

You don't seem to have noticed that it hasn't been called the Premiership for about 8 years though, which would also solve your "stewardship" problem.

Edited slightly to flow better, but I really like that.

The middle and end lines switched us fine; but it needs "and then we bought Dušan" - that line is just sung slightly quicker than the previous one, and without stretching out any syllables.

And you're never gonna take our Sammy Lee

And you're never gonna take our Sammy Lee

Honestly, I can't imagine that Graziano line without it sounding horribly sped up.

Blimey the Woolston Ferry song has been on the agenda for chuffin years, its taken longer to catch on than if you did go to town via Bitterne via China hopping on one foot!!

Its a shame that despite the razor sharp wit of football fans a song like this seems just too difficult to learn. Shame really as it would be nice to have our own Bladon Races type song and this fits the bill nicely.