England vs Switzerland

Hamilton Saint

I think the "fear" thing is spot on. Many players seem to change when they pul on the England shirt. The expectations have been way to high for years given that we have won nothing since 1966. It doesnt help with we have gone from the goldern generation to the rusty bit of iron generation and dont have a lot of quality at the moment. Sounds like we are going to sit back. Sorry state of affairs where we are worried about Switzerland (no disrepect to them).

I for one am looking forward to the game tonight. Like with Saints, any game played whether it be a friendly or a meaningful game i get excited and will always support my club & country. Having said this I believe the squad Roy has picked is the totally wrong selection but this is just an armchair managers view. With player progress and providing the players are fit and available for selection I hope the following team will be the one to gain experience over the next two years and beyond....

GK Hart

DEF Clyne, Jones, Cahill, Shaw

DM Henderson

CM Whilshire Ox

AM Rooney Sterling

CF Sturridge

with Forster, Chambers, Stones, Smalling, Barkley, Prowse, Lallana, Townsend, Welbeck, Jay Rod also fighting for a starting place so i do think we have plenty to be excited about (but like i said before i'm ever the optimist)

I'll watch, but not with the passion I usually have.

Roy needs to go- Rooney needs to be dropped. I'd have Sterling in the number 10 role.

Jack Wheelchair and Henderson just aren't good enough as DMs.

Welbeck apparently leading the line tonight too :mcinnes:

Ah well- it'll be 1-0 to Switzerland, my prediction anyway. Ricardo Rodriguez crossed finished off by Shaqiri.

Meh. All enthusiasm is gone.

I'd have Sterling in the number 10 role.

nta 1-0 hodgson

Welbeck apparently leading the line tonight too :mcinnes:

nta 1-1 hodgson

Ah well- it'll be 1-0 to Switzerland, my prediction anyway. Ricardo Rodriguez crossed finished off by Shaqiri.

nta 1-2 hodgson