Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

crouch is off by the looks of it and Distin couls well be going too..

ffs, will they have any players left..?

If you listen to their fans they are surplus to requirements and they wont miss them Lol. They were even saying last season Sol was no good Lol

If you listen to their fans they are surplus to requirements and they wont miss them Lol. They were even saying last season Sol was no good Lol

that would be fair comments IF they were getting BETTER players in to replace them

as it stands..they will have (assuming crouch leaves) nugent and utaka upfront...i mean WOW

im not just saying it...if saints were in exactly the same position as them right now, i would be going in meltdown mode on the main board....they should be very worried, those who are not are living in cloud cuckoo

that would be fair comments IF they were getting BETTER players in to replace them

as it stands..they will have (assuming crouch leaves) nugent and utaka upfront...i mean WOW

im not just saying it...if saints were in exactly the same position as them right now, i would be going in meltdown mode on the main board....they should be very worried, those who are not are living in cloud cuckoo

They have defoe.

from a pompey message board..

This will need the old 12th man to get behind the team, not all the JCL types who are asking for season ticket refunds and throwing their dollies out that pram like a kid who didn't get what they wanted for Christmas but the ones that gets shanted, gets to FP and gets behind the team no matter what!

have some of the best fans in the world™ really been asking for refunds..?

Nick Nack, this post just goes to show how full of **** you really are. Not one Pompey fan I know or post I've seen has said Crouch or Distin would be "surplus to requirements". Sol TBF is now mid - 30's and starting to slow up so won't be such a big miss.

I think your other post below shows the most Pompey fans are very worried. There are all sorts of rumours flying around and until everything is sorted no-one knows what's happening. Even I have to say things don't look good at the moment - which should cheer you all up on here immensley. :D

Good appointment in Pardew IMO by the way

Nick Nack, this post just goes to show how full of **** you really are. Not one Pompey fan I know or post I've seen has said Crouch or Distin would be "surplus to requirements". Sol TBF is now mid - 30's and starting to slow up so won't be such a big miss.

I think your other post below shows the most Pompey fans are very worried. There are all sorts of rumours flying around and until everything is sorted no-one knows what's happening. Even I have to say things don't look good at the moment - which should cheer you all up on here immensley. :D

Good appointment in Pardew IMO by the way

I very much hope you lot get relegated by the way...

for the sole reason that it will be a step closer to the "revenge" local derby game we very much owe you

I still shudder when ever "sha la la la" tony christie/peter kay song comes on

I very much hope you lot get relegated by the way...

for the sole reason that it will be a step closer to the "revenge" local derby game we very much owe you

I still shudder when ever "sha la la la" tony christie/peter kay song comes on

that doesnt worry me. I have had more ups than downs when facing them, and the wins are all the more sweeter. Never will it be better than the last minute winner in the FAcup , what a day. It was the moment that still makes the hairs on my neck stand on end. What was it 9000 saints fans enjoying the day.

that doesnt worry me. I have had more ups than downs when facing them, and the wins are all the more sweeter. Never will it be better than the last minute winner in the FAcup , what a day. It was the moment that still makes the hairs on my neck stand on end. What was it 9000 saints fans enjoying the day.

I too have been lucky I guess..

the games i have seen live were..

Pompey 1 - 5 saints (friendly) alan knights game

saints 3 -0 pompey FA Cup at the dell

Saints 2 - 0 Pompey Carling cup on a tues day night (my fav)

Saints 3 - 0 pompey at SMS that win sent us 4th in the prem.:smt022

Nice to know that your best memories are a few wins against Pompey. Funnily enough, my best memory is winning the cup (in living memory I might add).

Although whenever I hear Amarillo it always cheers me up

Altogether - sha la la la la la la la :D

I don't remember that one. Did Saints go on to win that year?
it was like we did and whilst I was there when we beat Man u , the memories of that day are more vivid.

No doubt you have happy memories when you won obscure games and no doubt when you beat us 1-0 at FP, (the first time in my life I had seen saints lose to you in a competitive match)it meant a lot to you. You dont have to go and win a competition to enjoy the moment. Ho of course enjoyed the cup final as he's a johnny come lately and would find that special. Beating your local rivals in the last minute of a cup game in front of 36000 at their ground and seeing them sick as parrots, especially as we hadnt met for a decade or so was pure nectar.

Nice to know that your best memories are a few wins against Pompey. Funnily enough, my best memory is winning the cup (in living memory I might add).

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4319, you ought to read Crouchies Lawyers post it is amusing. Egg on the face eh. Lol

No but we didn't struggle against league 1 opposition in the final. And most of the actually cup run.

Neither did we. I think you'll find Cardiff and the other teams we played were all from the Chumpionship.

I do seem to remember you struggling to a last minute equaliser at home to Millwall to force a replay though. Convenient that you seem to have forgotten that :D

Neither did we. I think you'll find Cardiff and the other teams we played were all from the Chumpionship.

I do seem to remember you struggling to a last minute equaliser at home to Millwall to force a replay though. Convenient that you seem to have forgotten that :D

You know what i meant mong

LOL at someone with 500 odd posts on a Southampton Football Club forum.

Not sure you can accuse any Saints fans as being focused on your shower because you are besotted with us.

To be fair, Nick, from the handful of Pompey games I saw on telly last season, Campbell was pretty woeful.

They do appear to be doing their best to start the season with a squad of 6 players...

No doubt you have happy memories when you won obscure games and no doubt when you beat us 1-0 at FP, (the first time in my life I had seen saints lose to you in a competitive match)it meant a lot to you.

Actually I don't remember most of those either. Anyway it's nearly time for my medication.

it was like we did and whilst I was there when we beat Man u , the memories of that day are more vivid.

No doubt you have happy memories when you won obscure games and no doubt when you beat us 1-0 at FP, (the first time in my life I had seen saints lose to you in a competitive match)it meant a lot to you. You dont have to go and win a competition to enjoy the moment. Ho of course enjoyed the cup final as he's a johnny come lately and would find that special. Beating your local rivals in the last minute of a cup game in front of 36000 at their ground and seeing them sick as parrots, especially as we hadnt met for a decade or so was pure nectar.

Hmmm, but the memory of that one was more than wiped out by this little encounter. Such sweet, sweet revenge.....

champions league and we're having a laugh etc

must admit to chuckling at
though. must have a lot of spare time, being unemployed and that

Me too mate, suppose portsmouth think they live in heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Both citys have places I'd probably avoid. I'd say a night out in Southampton if alot safer though.

if the latest rumour is true you lot will be very happy as we will certainly be in the championship next year without a doubt

As much as i like banter with you skates I hope the fans are not hurt but the people who actually instigasted any wrong doing.Sadly HR and Storrie will just take their money and run as always leaving the fans to pick up the pieces.

perhaps adminsitration?

If the take over doesn't go through I don't think it takes an IP to know that Administration is as close to a nailed on certainty for them as it is possible to get.

FWIW I can't see the take over happening. Given the current owner's desperation to sell and the need to bring in new players before the season starts, if the Dr Al was in a position to complete he would have done so by now. His current posturing is clearly all Bull****.

I also think that an Administrator will struggle to get anybody to buy them. We were very very lucky to get LM. However he saw a club two divisions below the mega bucks of the prem but at least with facilities.

They on the otherhand will be a championship (or soon to be with the -10) club, one division better off but with a poor ground and facilities. The extra outlay required for a new stadium etc will put many potential investors off.

I wouldn't want them to go out of business which is currently a possibility if things go against them.

On a (slightly) different note... I wonder if they would be happy with Mark Fry doing their admin too?

If the take over doesn't go through I don't think it takes an IP to know that Administration is as close to a nailed on certainty for them as it is possible to get.

FWIW I can't see the take over happening. Given the current owner's desperation to sell and the need to bring in new players before the season starts, if the Dr Al was in a position to complete he would have done so by now. His current posturing is clearly all Bull****.

I also think that an Administrator will struggle to get anybody to buy them. We were very very lucky to get LM. However he saw a club two divisions below the mega bucks of the prem but at least with facilities.

They on the otherhand will be a championship (or soon to be with the -10) club, one division better off but with a poor ground and facilities. The extra outlay required for a new stadium etc will put many potential investors off.

I wouldn't want them to go out of business which is currently a possibility if things go against them.

On a (slightly) different note... I wonder if they would be happy with Mark Fry doing their admin too?

What a load of crap! Wild, pie in the sky assumptions when in reality NONE of us mere mortals knows what's actually going on. You're just hoping we're about to go pop....

Pompey going out of business would be awful, and as someone pointed out earlier when things like this happen its only the fans that suffer. I reall do think if they don't get taken over they could quickly cease to exist. We onl got bought out at the eleventh hour, and to be fair league position aside Saints have to be a far more attractive proposition than pompey.Hopefully they will be around next season so we can have 6 points off them as we pass them on our way back to where we belong!

Pompey going out of business would be awful, and as someone pointed out earlier when things like this happen its only the fans that suffer. I reall do think if they don't get taken over they could quickly cease to exist. We onl got bought out at the eleventh hour, and to be fair league position aside Saints have to be a far more attractive proposition than pompey.Hopefully they will be around next season so we can have 6 points off them as we pass them on our way back to where we belong!

i would love it if they went out of business..I have been to pomepy so many times (with work) and hate the place and the people and the fact even in fareham nearly getting filled in for no reason than saying I was from southampton..

yes I know we all have these morons following us..but could you imagine OUR morons chanting during a minutes silence at fratton..?

neither can I..

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})