Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Corp, I bet you will buy none of those players you have listed. Stop playing FM and making up fictional transfers.

Time for you to remove your head from the Southsea shingle and admit;

You are interested in a player released by Crewe.

You are interested in a 3rd division french player.

You are interested in a UAE player.

You didn't want Paul Hart as manager but because of the uncertaintity, you could attract no-one else.

You still have absolutely no idea when your new floating, flying space-age stadium and training ground will be built. You still have no idea where.

You are about to sell the one player who might just be able to save you from relegation.

You are still heavily in debt and the plug could be pulled at any minute.

Dr Al-Fialka may not be all he is cracked up to be.

Quite frankly, you are mess, and it's about time you admit that.

As for me, I take no joy in your predicament. I might have a giggle on here but I don't mean it, especially after the experience SFC has just had. Though we have a genuine billionaire with seemingly sound judgement, you are trying discredit him and say that he won't spend any money? How long has he been in the job? How long has Pardew had in the job? We'll sign players and we'll probably open chequebook if need be, I've no doubt about that.

The agonising thing for you guys is that we rebuilding, whereas the bloodletters at Portsmouth (Storrie... what a **** that bloke is sanctioning first the overspend, then the firesale) are crimping as much as they can from the squad in preperation for ... well, I don't even want to think about it and it must be the same for you, too. You are selling because the plug can be pulled at any minute, in your heart of hearts, you know that.

Corp, I do believe the fat lady is clearing her throat for the encore...

Corp, I bet you will buy none of those players you have listed. Stop playing FM and making up fictional transfers.

You didn't want Paul Hart as manager but because of the uncertaintity, you could attract no-one else.

You still have absolutely no idea when your new floating, flying space-age stadium and training ground will be built. You still have no idea where.

You are about to sell the one player who might just be able to save you from relegation.

As for me, I take no joy in your predicament. I might have a giggle on here but I don't mean it, especially after the experience SFC has just had. Though we have a genuine billionaire with seemingly sound judgement, you are trying discredit him and say that he won't spend any money? How long has he been in the job? How long has Pardew had in the job? We'll sign players and we'll probably open chequebook if need be, I've no doubt about that.

The agonising thing for you guys is that we rebuilding, whereas the bloodletters at Portsmouth (Storrie... what a **** that bloke is sanctioning first the overspend, then the firesale) are crimping as much as they can from the squad in preperation for ... well, I don't even want to think about it and it must be the same for you, too. You are selling because the plug can be pulled at any minute, in your heart of hearts, you know that.

:D Couldn't have put it better myself to TBF, except i do take joy from the sh!t you are in because when we were in it there was no stopping the crap we got from you, plus the fact that you have actually bothered to join the site and talk absolute ******** about us.

I can put up with the likes of mack-rill, in fact i actually quite like the bloke, but it's people like you that make me wonder if you actually ever go to pompey games ??

Those walls you have built will come crumbling down soon, and reality will come flooding in.

Corp:-

"Nick Nack, the posts may have been pertinent but why include my name in everything you post. It does make you look like a freak.

And no transfer gossip threads as I can't start threads. Easy enough for even you to grasp I'd imagine. However, if you're interested, the players we've been linked with over the last couple of days are:

Nikola Kalinic, Croatian striker from Hajduk Split - £6 - 8M

Victo Obinna, Nigerian striker from Inter - £5.5m

Bafetimbi Gomis, French striker from St Etienne - no fee mentioned

Christien Poulsen, Swedish midfielder from Juve - £4m"

You`ve been linked with?? That`s it then. They`ll definitely be signing!:rolleyes:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/07/26/harry-grabs-10m-peter-115875-21548149/

Peter Crouch will complete a £10million move from Portsmouth to Tottenham tomorrow following a day of high drama at Fratton Park yesterday.

Tottenham finally made their move for the towering England striker on Friday after he turned down moves to both Sunderland and Fulham.

But after rejecting an initial opening offer of £8m from chairman Daniel Levy, Tottenham went back in for Crouch 24 hours later.

They were then given permission to open talks with the player after having a £10m bid accepted. Crouch is set to sign a five-year deal at White Hart Lane worth £70,000 a week.

It brings to an end Harry Redknapp's pursuit of a recognised marksman to bolsters Tottenham's attack and reunites Crouch with Jermain Defoe, who also quit Pompey in January in a £15m deal.

Pompey boss Paul Hart said last night: "Obviously I'm disappointed to see Peter leave, but given the severe financial restraints in place here we had no choice but to accept an offer from Tottenham.

"I think people need to realise that Pompey have been punching way above their weight and could no longer sustain the level of spending that has gone on here over the past three years. And even though a new owner is poised to come in, our dealings in the market will be modest in comparison to the past."

Crouch's departure is unlikely to be the last from Fratton Park this summer.

Defender Nadir Belhadj is expected to open talks with Hull over a proposed £5m move and forward John Utaka is considering a £6m transfer to Premier League rivals Stoke City.

But Hart is expected to move swiftly into the transfer market towards the close of this week.

Former Liverpool defender Steve Finnan will arrive on a free transfer from Spain.

And experienced striker Mark Viduka is expected to announce that he has put off plans to retire by agreeing to move to Pompey.

Hart is also expected to make an offer for West Brom captain Jonathan Greening, who has been the subject of two failed bids from Fulham.

The Pompey boss will also weigh up whether to follow up interest in Reading midfielder Stephen Hunt.

The Ireland international is modestly priced at £3.5m.

''And even though a new owner is poised to come in'' ? What the hell is going on down there. So as we all thought, the takeover is still subject to him actually having a pot to **** in(ala Pinnacle)

It stinks, something isn't right with this at all....and Pompey fans should be very worried IMO. (esp when they're bidding £1.2m for 2 Nottm Forest reserve players and have a player released by crewe on trial)

Do they still sing 'arry's name down there? What a legend.

Yeah, overall for most of us he IS a legend. Got us up, kept us up, went to you, took you down, came back, kept us up again, won us another major trophy. Most of us see that as more positives than negatives I think ;)

Yeah, overall for most of us he IS a legend. Got us up, kept us up, went to you, took you down, came back, kept us up again, won us another major trophy. Most of us see that as more positives than negatives I think ;)

Yep, and soundly destroyed your financial stability. Good luck with that.

:D

Yep, and soundly destroyed your financial stability. Good luck with that.

:D

It's a myth that managers destroy the finances of any club. they're not the ones ultimately signing the cheques. In Pompey's case the villains are Storrie and Gaydemak

It's a myth that managers destroy the finances of any club. they're not the ones ultimately signing the cheques. In Pompey's case the villains are Storrie and Gaydemak

Storrie and Redknapp are culpable, IMO. Redknapp giving the nudges, Storrie the winks and between them a few brown paper bags...

So regarding your pending failure of Saints proportions, who do the rank and file blame? Serious question.

So regarding your pending failure of Saints proportions, who do the rank and file blame? Serious question.

I don't blame anyone- we went for it, won the F.A. cup, and it's been brilliant. If it goes tits up tomorrow, (which it won't) we'll STILL have an AFC Portsmouth or something similar......

I don't blame anyone- we went for it, won the F.A. cup, and it's been brilliant. If it goes tits up tomorrow, (which it won't) we'll STILL have an AFC Portsmouth or something similar......

And you could have an awesome fund-raising concert on that common, Joe Jackson could headline. What local talent would you like to see there, who are your famous supporters? You ain't got a Lucy that's for sure?

And you could have an awesome fund-raising concert on that common, Joe Jackson could headline. What local talent would you like to see there, who are your famous supporters? You ain't got a Lucy that's for sure?

Very true, you have more than your fair share of tits. So then, this club saving event (if it's required) shall we see if we can sell more than 1500 tickets before cancelling it, hmmm?

Pompey will not get relegated this season IMO. Burnley Stoke Hull and 1 of the other promoted clubs will be scrapping to up.Pompey still have enough experience to finish 3-4 places above the relegation zone.I wouldnt be surprised if HR takes James away from FP well.

Could anyone tell me where HR's spiritual home really is, because when i saw him speak about Crouch on sunday he diednt seem to show much love for them then.He is a slug and his spiritual home is probably some off shore account.

Not making anything up Crabbie. These were rumours and gossip from various websites (Tribal etc). Key word here (as usual - not sure how many times I have to say it) is gossip. I'm not saying these players will join us but you're ones gloating over tabloid reports that we're going to sign players from Forest and taking it as fact but when I post rumours like this you consider them rubbish. Seems a little confusing to me/

FWIW, reports in Croatia are saying that Kalinic should join us early this week for around £6.5m. If that happens, where does that leave your "facts" that we have no money? (I'll cut and paste what some Croatian Pompey fans have posted on Pompey sites at the bottom of this post as you seem so interested. The links about us signing Gomis, Obinna etc came from the Gazzetta dello Sport (sp?) and L'Equipe if you want to look them up. They've been widely reported.

We're trialling them. Hart managed Bopp at Forest and thought he had a good future. If they look good enough we might sign them. If they don't we won't. As I said above, if we have no money, how come we're spending £6.5m on a striker from Croatia?

Al Fahim has talked about signing a player from the UAE. Man City signed Thai players when Shinawatra bought them. They never got near the first team.

I certainly didn't want Hart as manager but he did OK last year. I'd rather have him than Adams. From what I hear he's just the cheap option so if new owners come in and want their own man Hart will not cost a fortune to pay off. Do you really think there aren't managers out of work out there who wouldn't have jumped at the chance of managing a Prem club, no matter what the circimstances. I suspect that if new owners come in as rumoured then a new manager will arrive and Hart will step back to his academy role having got a nice pay rise out of it.

True. Although we do know where the training ground will be. Until the ownership is settled 100% nothing's going to happen either front

Who? Crouch? LOL. The player who scored 3 goals in the last 15 league games last season, 2 of which were in one match. I like Crouch but he's lost in the 4 5 1 formation we play under Hart. He's not mobile enough and too slow to close defenders down. He's a good player but not for how we play now.

Most of the debt is secured against Gaydamak personally, not the club.

Al Fahim was just a front man for someone who pulled out. That's been widely noted by almost everyone, me included in this very thread. Try telling me something new Crabby

I'm not trying to discredit him at all. I just repeated what he said himself, that he won't be splashing lots of cash on players. It also seems that you've either sold or are set to sell a lot of your better players. You might buy really good replacements. We'll have to wait and see. Pompey might do the same.

Storrie's just an employee, doing what he's told by his boss. Can't understand whjy people (Pompey fans included) slag him off. He's just doing his job. He's on a big salary as widely reported but he actually does a lot more than most other Prem CEO's as the others have teams of people below them. Storrie does most of it himself.

As for the plug being pulled, if that's the case, as I've already said, why are we spending £6.5m on a striker. Your claim doesn't make sense

This is what the Croatian Pompey fans have posted about the Kalinic deal. Latest report is that it's due to be completed today with £4m paid up front. Not saying we won't sell more players but I'd suggest you wait and see who we bring in before the window closes before gloating too much (not you Crabby, the rest on here).

FWIW, I think we'll be in danger of going down IF we don't get some decent signings in. But I'll reserve judgement until I know what the squad's going to look like.

http://www.slobodnadalmacija.hr/Nogo...8/Default.aspx

Now they are saying the transfer fee is 7.5m euros.

- My dream has come true! It's not yet finalized, but God willing everything will be ok. And if it does go ok, I think I'll already be going tomorrow to England to have a medical and sign the contract.

- Portsmouth is a big club, and the premiership, along with the premiera, is the strongest league in the world. Playing in Portsmouth would be a great challenge for me, an opportunity to prove myself, and to justify the faith shown in me, particularly people like manager Paul Hart, who insisted on my transfer.

- The season starts already in August and I can't wait to play against the best, Liverpool, Manchester United and Chelsea. My first goal is to earn a place in the team. Oh, if I could already in the first round, when Fulham comes to us, be in the first team!

- There won't be a problem, I believe I can hold my own against anyone. I believe that England suits me even better than Spain.

He was recovering from injury and says he'll be ready to join in the first practice once he arrives in England.

He'll share the dressing room with Niko Kranjcar, who was instrumental in bringing him to Pompey.

- I haven't spoken to Niko yet, but I heard he spoke highly of me. I thank him for everything he has done for me. When I get to England he'll once again, I hope, be a big help to me, even in regards to the language. I understand English well, but I have to perfect speaking it.

"Maradona's lawyer Angel Oscar Moyano claims his client has players lined up to join Al Fahim's Fratton Park revolution and that he is ready to quit the Argentina post he only accepted last October.

"He has got top players ready and he is even ready to leave the Argentine national team," Moyano told Arabian Business.

Support

"He wants to build a strong team for which he offers his mediation for signing players of top level, who with the support of Diego Maradona, will be ready to come to Portsmouth."

So then, actual quotes from the guys lawyer. And lawyers are very careful what they say aren't they? Still, nevermind- if he comes in I'm sure he'll look jealously at the third division team down the road :D

Well there's a LOL if ever I saw one, the daft bastard.

Most of the debt is secured against Gaydamak personally, not the club.

LOL indeed. Presumably Gayboy is going to wander off to his next project writing off all these debts is he?

This isn't a pound coin he dropped down a drain grate. This is millions of pounds.

The fact that the debt is owed to Gaydamak is more of a problem than if it was secured against the club.

You boys is gonna pay.

This is what the Croatian Pompey fans have posted about the Kalinic deal. Latest report is that it's due to be completed today with £4m paid up front. Not saying we won't sell more players but I'd suggest you wait and see who we bring in before the window closes before gloating too much (not you Crabby, the rest on here).

FWIW, I think we'll be in danger of going down IF we don't get some decent signings in. But I'll reserve judgement until I know what the squad's going to look like.

http://www.slobodnadalmacija.hr/Nogo...8/Default.aspx

Now they are saying the transfer fee is 7.5m euros.

- My dream has come true! It's not yet finalized, but God willing everything will be ok. And if it does go ok, I think I'll already be going tomorrow to England to have a medical and sign the contract.

- Portsmouth is a big club, and the premiership, along with the premiera, is the strongest league in the world. Playing in Portsmouth would be a great challenge for me, an opportunity to prove myself, and to justify the faith shown in me, particularly people like manager Paul Hart, who insisted on my transfer.

- The season starts already in August and I can't wait to play against the best, Liverpool, Manchester United and Chelsea. My first goal is to earn a place in the team. Oh, if I could already in the first round, when Fulham comes to us, be in the first team!

- There won't be a problem, I believe I can hold my own against anyone. I believe that England suits me even better than Spain.

He was recovering from injury and says he'll be ready to join in the first practice once he arrives in England.

He'll share the dressing room with Niko Kranjcar, who was instrumental in bringing him to Pompey.

- I haven't spoken to Niko yet, but I heard he spoke highly of me. I thank him for everything he has done for me. When I get to England he'll once again, I hope, be a big help to me, even in regards to the language. I understand English well, but I have to perfect speaking it.

Being that this article is dated Saturday just gone...has he signed yet corp?

We all know that Peter Crouch was utter rubbish and won't be missed at all whatsoever Peter who? we don't need him doesn't fit in etc etc etc etc.....but just a point of order that his transfer to Tottenham Hotspur has tonight been completed.

Paul Hart's doing a great job of shifting out all that dead wood that we didn't need anyway and thank god he's gone he didn't fit in and not that good really bit overrated if you ask me and oh my god we're going to get relegated.

Corp

is it true Crouch was sold as the bank have requested money..?

I hear this is the case...why so if the good Dr. has taken you over, is is about to.?

what is going on corp..?

FFS! Can you not see what is right in front of your face?

They are clearing the decks prior to dr al revealing that he has put together a dream consortium of Paul Allen, Bill Gates and the Sultan of Brunai.

Keep up!

Corp

is it true Crouch was sold as the bank have requested money..?

I hear this is the case...why so if the good Dr. has taken you over, is is about to.?

what is going on corp..?

You're right DD....

A club spokesman said: “We are sorry to see Peter go both as a player and a person and would like to thank him for playing a key role in keeping the club in the Premier League last season.

His sale was necessitated by the club’s commitment to repay scheduled debts while we are in a transitional period of completing the takeover.

They're in the complete and utter ****.

You're right DD....

A club spokesman said: “We are sorry to see Peter go both as a player and a person and would like to thank him for playing a key role in keeping the club in the Premier League last season.

His sale was necessitated by the club’s commitment to repay scheduled debts while we are in a transitional period of completing the takeover.

They're in the complete and utter ****.

I may be wrong..but us this the first admission of the situation by that club..?

I may be wrong..but us this the first admission of the situation by that club..?

First quote I've seen officially by them stating ''Debts''

One of the quotes a few weeks back for the reason of this ''fire sale'' was by Peter Storie, who stated they were being sold for Tactical reasons :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reminds me of the comments one of our former chairman would have made.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})