Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Shows your inbred mentality quite well I think.

Do you really think some of your fans wouldn't have ruined a minutes silence in the same circumstances? Does anyone on here really believe that?

As for you saying we "should never have won that game" against Man U, the trouble for you is, we did. You just sound bitter. We beat them and we won the cup. get over it.

It's all OK, Corp has reassured us everything is fine.

As we all know, he's never, ever, ever wrong when it comes to pfc.

Never has been and never will be.

I'm sorry, you seem to have read a different post. When did things are tough for Pompey come to mean that everything's fine? :confused:

But I thought he was going to be buying it himself, why bring people across?

If he has got some new funds with him, they have still to go through the FPT again.

It does seem like another Pinnacle disaster to me. If I was the DR I would have sacked PS for his outburst, perhaps that is what he was after to get a payoff???

Have you had an update on the s/t thing from your mate, I have been told they are at around 9k does he still stand by the 12k going up to 16k?

You misunderstood Nick Nack. The people he brought over were family and friends. As for sacking Storrie, perhaps he will. I know you live in a halcyon, 1950's like world so I guess you still tug your forelock to toffs and never speak out of turn to superiors. You know your place, don't you Nick Nack.

No update on ST's. 12,000 so far I was told which seems broadly in line with what other posters on Pompey boards are saying. Of course, if the informations readily available post the stat from where you got it. The final number will depend on if the takeover goes through and the players brought in I guess.

You misunderstood Nick Nack. The people he brought over were family and friends. As for sacking Storrie, perhaps he will. I know you live in a halcyon, 1950's like world so I guess you still tug your forelock to toffs and never speak out of turn to superiors. You know your place, don't you Nick Nack.

No update on ST's. 12,000 so far I was told which seems broadly in line with what other posters on Pompey boards are saying. Of course, if the informations readily available post the stat from where you got it. The final number will depend on if the takeover goes through and the players brought in I guess.

Why put that he travelled over with people? It is obvious he'd travel with family. I suspect you were trying to make out it was with influential people or backers.

As for not speaking out of turn to superiors, In my life I only have to answer to my wife and HMRC. I know 1 thing for certain you wouldnt speak out at your employers or you'd lose your job, rightly so.

The broadly in line quotes you mention re s/t's, well put them up on here so we can guage who is saying it. No doubt as most of Pompeyonline view this site they saw your ITK quote and lapped it up. 9k was the last update i got from a mate. In the current financial state of the economy , the price of tickets, the upheaval, and player crisis i suspect that it is closer than the rose coloured spec view. I doubt you will only be down 1500 s/ts at this stage than last season when people were still on the high. 12k will be the projected final total.

If it had happened to us the same in the PL I would expect a similar %fall.

Do you really think some of your fans wouldn't have ruined a minutes silence in the same circumstances? Does anyone on here really believe that?

When Fahaven had a minutes silence at our place it was respectfully adhered too.

I do believe that there may always be some who are moronic enough to shout, a few.On the Ted bates evening there was a large amount, perhaps as much as 10%.

Many Pompey fans were appalled and sent in letters of apology.I myself understand that both clubs have idiots and will not beat the Skates on here for that.Just a bigger % on that day were out to offend, and they did. An embarrassment to your club that night.

Why put that he travelled over with people? It is obvious he'd travel with family. I suspect you were trying to make out it was with influential people or backers.

As for not speaking out of turn to superiors, In my life I only have to answer to my wife and HMRC. I know 1 thing for certain you wouldnt speak out at your employers or you'd lose your job, rightly so.

The broadly in line quotes you mention re s/t's, well put them up on here so we can guage who is saying it. No doubt as most of Pompeyonline view this site they saw your ITK quote and lapped it up. 9k was the last update i got from a mate. In the current financial state of the economy , the price of tickets, the upheaval, and player crisis i suspect that it is closer than the rose coloured spec view. I doubt you will only be down 1500 s/ts at this stage than last season when people were still on the high. 12k will be the projected final total.

If it had happened to us the same in the PL I would expect a similar %fall.

You "suspect I was trying to make out it was with influential people or backers."? That would be why I corrected your misunderstanding in the next post I suppose. You really are dim sometimes.

As for not speaking out to my employers - LOL. I've made a career out of it. I've only ever worked for one UK company and the reason I've done well at the others I'ce worked for (American, Swiss, Korean and Scandinavian) is because I always speak back to them and always say what I think. They all hate the British mentality of saying what you think people want to hear.

As for ST's, not sure who your "mate" (a **** like you has mates? :smt103) but maybe you could tell me where he got his info from. Mine came from an employee in the commercial department at PFC.

By the way, what's happening at Super Family Club Everyone Loves Us FC? I know your new billionaire chairman must have brought in loads of new players to fund your promotion push and not sold any of your higher wage earners like John and Euell but I must have missed all the reports in the papers. What's the exciting news on your transfer front?

By the way, what's happening at Super Family Club Everyone Loves Us FC? I know your new billionaire chairman must have brought in loads of new players to fund your promotion push and not sold any of your higher wage earners like John and Euell but I must have missed all the reports in the papers. What's the exciting news on your transfer front?

Finally signed a left-back, which we've needed to for about three years. Also signed an experienced right back and it seems, on the brink of signing a centre back who played 30 games at a higher level last season.

Striker situation is a bit dodgy as we're in limbo a bit due to uncertainty surrounding Rasiak and Saganowski.

I think the club is adopting a sensible strategy to supplement the squad over the season and has realised there's no need to panic. Also, we've only just got round to finalising our backroom staff. This was due to a delay caused by a protracted period in administration. Administration can be a right pain!

I think they've taken the view that employing cavalier managers and offering ridiculous contracts to expensive signings, without the income to support it, is a stupid plan, no matter how rich your owner. I think they've noticed one or two instances of clubs absolutely shafting themselves and endangering their very existence by adopting that latter sort of approach.

PMSL... Corp's back and still talking absolute drivel.

Absolutely brilliant, you lot are absolutely fooked and reading some of the PFC's fans comments make for such entertaining, deluded reading:

'Kranjcar better than Le Tissier' etc (TDD, good find!) - absolutely hilarious!

50,000 crowds etc.... lmfao.... you aren't known as the 'blue few' for nothing... 9k ST's sold.... lmfao..

Storrie admitting publicly your fooked...

lmfao, in the words of New Found Glory 'It's all downhill from here'

We will all be sure to wave you as we pass you lot, on your descent to your true level.

Crab lungs.

I like to always ask them to remember to give us a wave when we pass each other within the next 3 years.

I just love the way some still take the Mick royally at our -10 situation lol... The irony

Thing is, we can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel... they, on the other hand, are fooked... truly fooked.

Most amusing thing I find i that our situation is infact, unarguably worse. Third division, minus ten, delayed squad investment because of the protracted takeover... we should be the ones crying into our beer.

Yet their situation is perilously, amusingly funny. Buying success on credit, then going pop one year later. I think also think the stoneyfaced denials from Storrie and even their own fans are part of the amusement...

Comical Ali-esque, even. LOL

Thing is, we can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel... they, on the other hand, are fooked... truly fooked.

Most amusing thing I find i that our situation is infact, unarguably worse. Third division, minus ten, delayed squad investment because of the protracted takeover... we should be the ones crying into our beer.

Yet their situation is perilously, amusingly funny. Buying success on credit, then going pop one year later. I think also think the stoneyfaced denials from Storrie and even their own fans are part of the amusement...

Comical Ali-esque, even. LOL

So can they. Sadly for them it`s an express train coming straight at them!!

It seems to me selling 12000 season tickets could be a dangerous position for Portsmouth.

If this immediate injection of approximately £7m is taken to pay previous debts/loans it could place the club in jeopardy with approximately 7000 gates left as the main source of income (because of the doubt about where the tv money is going).

Did you see them?

Could they have been accountants?

Possibly doing some initial meetings prior to administration.

I've overheard directors try to pass off my presence to staff as all sorts of things from an auditor to a "friend looking to invest".

You "suspect I was trying to make out it was with influential people or backers."? That would be why I corrected your misunderstanding in the next post I suppose. You really are dim sometimes.

As for not speaking out to my employers - LOL. I've made a career out of it. I've only ever worked for one UK company and the reason I've done well at the others I'ce worked for (American, Swiss, Korean and Scandinavian) is because I always speak back to them and always say what I think. They all hate the British mentality of saying what you think people want to hear.

As for ST's, not sure who your "mate" (a **** like you has mates? :smt103) but maybe you could tell me where he got his info from. Mine came from an employee in the commercial department at PFC.

Ho is rattled Lol, shows himself up as the little man he is.

As for the misunderstanding,why word it as you did,never before have you mentioned the Dr as having people with him (as in family)

My source is not in the commercial dept, but perhaps that is best for him. So you are still sticking by the 12k sold then? or did you make it up

Edited by OldNick

PMSL... Corp's back and still talking absolute drivel.

Absolutely brilliant, you lot are absolutely fooked and reading some of the PFC's fans comments make for such entertaining, deluded reading:

'Kranjcar better than Le Tissier' etc (TDD, good find!) - absolutely hilarious!

50,000 crowds etc.... lmfao.... you aren't known as the 'blue few' for nothing... 9k ST's sold.... lmfao..

Storrie admitting publicly your fooked...

lmfao, in the words of New Found Glory 'It's all downhill from here'

We will all be sure to wave you as we pass you lot, on your descent to your true level.

Calm down dear, you're getting a little over excited.

Oh, and even if Krancjar isn't better than the big nosed one, Robert Prosinecki certainly was.....

Intrigue I guess. Kinda like one of those social experiments where you can't help but see what happens, even though it is actually of no consequence whatsoever.

None of this place matters...

Just a bunch of geeks who think they know how the finer details of our national sport works when in reality nearly all are completely wrong

All just pointless huff and puff

You shouldn't use a possessive apostrophe with "It", Pancake.

"It's" is only used as the contracted version of "It is".

Er this Fred is about Skate City PFC and the small chance they may be for the drop,,,,,As ITS ABOUT US THE BLUE FEW You can forget all the lardy dar typo shyt,;)

I dunno. We had it pretty bad with the whole Sir Clive stuff, not to mention Redknapp coming then going back again. Oh and Lowe's return. And lets not forget Poortvleit's total football approach to the Championship.....as well as many more times. Pompey still have some catching up to do to meet our high standards of mockery by the press.

Don't forget the Statue Fred. That beat this Fred by a million miles A fortune Lost.

Nope. Sorry mate, but Prosinecki had more skill than virtually any player I've ever seen. Absolutely awesome....

Luckily for you, your club was rotting in The Nationwide when Matt Le Tiss was in his prime, he would have torn you and Prosineki apart. :lol:

Nope. Sorry mate, but Prosinecki had more skill than virtually any player I've ever seen. Absolutely awesome....

may well be true, probably most skillful skate of recent years - however still not fit to supply the laces let along lace MLT's boots.

An average football fan racks up nearly 800 hours a year following their beloved team, a survey has revealed. Fans of newly-promoted Burnley are the most committed in the Premiership, dedicating 18.1 hours a week, reports the Sun. Portsmouth fans came last at 14.6 hours. According to research from Virgin Money, the average fan spends 33 full days being a supporter — that includes travelling to and from matches, watching TV, searching the Internet and talking about the game with friends. A dedicated 8 per cent spend more than 40 hours a week on the game — the equivalent to another working week on top of their job. Grant Bather, spokesman for Virgin Money, said: "It’s only 90 minutes on the day for the players but for the fans it’s a lot more than just a game. "Putting in 15.3 hours a week equates to two working days following the game and that’s just the average," he added.

not many fans and those they have aren't any good!

TBF, look what you poor sods had witnessed for the previous 50 years.

**** me, you would've been impressed with Lee Todd.

Er this Fred is about Skate City PFC and the small chance they may be for the drop,,,,,As ITS ABOUT US THE BLUE FEW You can forget all the lardy dar typo shyt,;)

We actually found that discussing grammar during a take over was very helpful - it took our minds off of things.

So your reply to the point is hypothetical. If I recall we observed an immaculate minutes silence for Aaron Flahaven. That was a footballer who dies as result of crashing whilst being, and I quote, "three times over the legal limit when he lost control of his BMW sports car." Your lot couldn't keep quiet for a minute for an old man who'd done nothing but good in his long and distinguished life and passed away peacefully.

So you think if we had a minutes silence for say, Bob Jackson or Jimmy Dickinson, we'd behave as shaefully as your fans did? You can believ what you want as it will always be hypothetical, in your head, not real.... and obviously biassed as you desperately try to argue against the indefensible.

I personally believe we'd all wear white and wave daffodils in the air... as we're being hypothetical...

As for you saying we "should never have won that game" against Man U, the trouble for you is, we did. You just sound bitter. We beat them and we won the cup. get over it.

So did we....in the final... And you point is?

I'm sorry, you seem to have read a different post. When did things are tough for Pompey come to mean that everything's fine? :confused:

hmmmm You do seem to doing you're level best to do a Sargeant Jones at the moment... "Don't panic..."

Is that your way of debating now Ho? Belittle your adversary? Make them look foolish rather than argue their point? Your constant sniping at Nick just shows as being very immature and obviously very rattled. I think you must have a point Nick as he seems to insult you rather than genuinely debate the facts with you...

So you're saying that you're waiting to see if you're able to compete before you pay your money eh? Hardly hardcore is it? "I'll pay my money but only if we'll be any good."

We've got 12,000 odd season tickets and we're a measly League One side....

Rather shows your support as what it really is. Good when your good, shocking when you're not... lol

Daren he doesnt insult me he makes me laugh.I love to see him come back rattled as ive got under his skin.

He is a little man with a massive chip on his shoulder. Instead of using a bit of humour like some of his fellow Skates, who poke fun at their situation as well he comes back in his spittle fuelled rage. lol

My skate mate, who despite being a skate bastard is a top bloke, has excellent contacts at pfc due to matchday sponsorship deals.

According to him, from the information given to him from fp, season ticket sales are down 35% on last season with that money already spent on debt repayment.

In addition he also pointed out that despite selling plenty of players pfc still had millions outstanding to some clubs due to the buy now and pay later nature of some of the deals.

He believes them to really be teetering on the brink of administration as the only cash they have to spend is what they bring in in the very short term as Sky money has also been earmarked for debt repayment.

Now he's a good bloke and his kids are great and for him I hope he still has a club in the future, but part of me, for the rest of them, hope it disappears from the face of the earth.

My skate mate, who despite being a skate bastard is a top bloke, has excellent contacts at pfc due to matchday sponsorship deals.

According to him, from the information given to him from fp, season ticket sales are down 35% on last season with that money already spent on debt repayment.

Ummmn, so there you have it Ho's mate telling us that they were at 12k s/t's expecting an increase on last seasons 13.5k up to as many as 16k and my source saying that they had just touched 9k....I wonder who is right?

what is 35% of 13.5k ? I dont think it is 1500

Ummmn, so there you have it Ho's mate telling us that they were at 12k s/t's expecting an increase on last seasons 13.5k up to as many as 16k and my source saying that they had just touched 9k....I wonder who is right?

what is 35% of 13.5k ? I dont think it is 1500

65% (100-35) of 13.5K is 8,775...

HTH

In addition he also pointed out that despite selling plenty of players pfc still had millions outstanding to some clubs due to the buy now and pay later nature of some of the deals.

He believes them to really be teetering on the brink of administration as the only cash they have to spend is what they bring in in the very short term as Sky money has also been earmarked for debt repayment.

Now he's a good bloke and his kids are great and for him I hope he still has a club in the future, but part of me, for the rest of them, hope it disappears from the face of the earth.

So, in simple terms, if the good doctor does indeed take over the club for 1p, the ONLY income he will have will be from casual ticket sales!

And how on earth will they repay other clubs where they've bought now to pay later?

What a mess!

Why don't you have a charity bet on it?

When the final total is announced, who ever is closer:

Nickh: 8,775

or

Ho: 16,000

nominates a charity for the other to donate £20.

Im up for that. Although i did 1 with a Skate last season and he then pulled out. lol

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})