Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

We already have planning permission for the training ground, we don't need the road. We could do with some money though. Apparently, it's quite handy :D
Planning permission is ony valid for 3 years nowadays. Yes you will still have it but if it does not start in that time you have to reaplly

If he currently has no alternative, with the amount of publicity this 'takeover' has generated then it is unlikely one will present itself after 7 days and even any time thereafter, they are simply not attractive, anyone in a position to assume the kind of debt they have could raise similar amounts and buy a club not saddled with the same and woop woop infrastructure

(Yet another apology to Lowe to the right of the article)

When oh when will Brit based businessmen learn that to deal with the guys down here you need a different approach and mindset....

A 7-day deadline to a UAE National, oh dear oh dear....

As I posted a few days back, Rule 1.5 is to understand that you never get paid down here unless you have something else they want. Rule 1.6 is that you always defer to THEM, never instruct them

(Rule 1 isn't allowed of course as they have different thought processses to ours!)

So. How often do miracles actually happen in one year? There's been one in Hampshire already, two if you include the FP final result. The chances of a third?

Not gloating, just convinced from the very first announcement that this was never going to fly

Oh, and again, just to record for the record (again) there is a VERY funny story which can be told once it all goes Burkas up. Might help explain why (eventually) I will feel sorry for the Skates, but OH how we'll laugh

Edited by dubai_phil

Don`t forget the "Lead Boot"!!

Well the 'lead boot' managed both goals yesterday against Rangers, very dissappointing!!!

Still only attracting an attendance of 9018 against one of Britain's bigger teams will do nothing to help the coffers, especially as most of the fans were Rangers.

On another note, if the takeover is over then that surely puts to bed the chances of their 40,000 capacity stadium for the world cup bid. Wonder if Herr Libherr has been in touch with the bid committee to offer SMS as a replacement?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/portsmouth/article6789405.ece

they keep saying they want to close the deal but don't look any closer

Lol this reminds me of Gordon Gecko & Wall Street........

Show me the money!

Which is also a co-incidence

As they've been filming Wall Street 2 down here with GG doing dodgy dealing......

Lol this reminds me of Gordon Gecko & Wall Street........

Show me the money!

Which is also a co-incidence

As they've been filming Wall Street 2 down here with GG doing dodgy dealing......

I can't wait to hear your Al-Fahim anecdotes.

Still only attracting an attendance of 9018 against one of Britain's bigger teams will do nothing to help the coffers, especially as most of the fans were Rangers.

Why's that? Scottish currency is legal tender.

Must have still been half asleep when I wrote that!!! I meant it to be 2 separate points (and failed miserably)

9018 won't have helped the coffers much (as someone else points out, they probably paid Rangers to play) & only 9018 when most of those were Rangers fans - just how many Pompey fans bothered to turn up???!!!

Just keep it dragging on, right now it's allllllllll good.

Quite right, even if the Dr does manage to take over, they still won't have a pot to **** in. Better that than he pulls out & by some miracle, someone else out there decides to stump up (unless of course its MJ!!!)

Is the dr playing a waiting game/ they both know that gaydamek is likely to lose the 30m. Is it a case of brinkmanship and that gaymadek deal and pay him 20m to take them on and so get them for the 10m balance?

All of a sudden he has a PL team for 10m. He could then sell it on in 6months time on the strength of the Sky money coming in.

I can't see it being in gaydameks interest to let them go into admin, although I do understand he would then not have to write off his debts. Although are they personal guarentees?

:lol::lol::lol:

"That's why I will not sign a new contract. It's one more season for me and then I'm off."

That's one of the best quotes ever (even though I suspect the first six words of that final sentence are not true.)

To be fair - thats quite refreshing of him to at least be up front and open about his intentions. If he stays this season fair play to him - you can't blame him for looking to the future though.

Gotta say this bit made me laugh though:

The Fratton Park chief is, however, tipping summer signing Frederic Piquionne for big things, and the Frenchman could yet help to soften the blow of Kranjcar's inevitable departure.

"He's a good, honest lad who runs hard and heads it well," said Hart.

"He is going to be a problem for Premier League defenders. He's played up front on his own before so he's aware of what's needed and he caused Rangers problems (in a recent friendly).

"The lad puts defenders under pressure, he has that movement down the channels and as a manager you want the ability to run in behind.

"His enthusiasm and willingness to run behind the defence has been a revelation for us.

"I'm sure he can adapt but you have got to be prepared and let him settle in and find his feet. I hope he will have an impact on the Premier League.

Like - how many games has he played for them up to now...??? Bizaar quote...!!!

If someone says they are not going to sign a new contract and will leave next year, that's generally a trigger for the club to sell them now while they can still get a transfer fee.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Kranjcar, James, Distin, and Nugent all leave in the next couple of weeks.

i suspect all their high value players will be gone.Pompey only have to stay up though and they will start with low overheads and big revenue.At present they do have a squad good enough to stay up, that is if they are motivated to do well of course.

Any offical figure for their s/t sales.Ho's 16k must be near if they had 12k already bought last week.lol

i suspect all their high value players will be gone.Pompey only have to stay up though and they will start with low overheads and big revenue.At present they do have a squad good enough to stay up, that is if they are motivated to do well of course.

Any offical figure for their s/t sales.Ho's 16k must be near if they had 12k already bought last week.lol

You actually believe that?

You actually believe that?

I do.

Assuming that this is the current squad: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portsmouth_fc#Current_squad

Then they a core of a team that should stay nup. Thye will be in a dogfight, but they blend of experience and new players should be OK to stay in hte Premiership when compared to the squads of teams like Hull, Stoke and Burnley.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})