Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

skates are better than us.

they are 2 divisions higher.

they have won a cup recently.

We are better supported.

We have better stadium and infrastructure.

In the lifetime, of most on here (ignoring any children or world's 200 years old man!) we have been significantly more successful.

We are better known and thought of due to image and likes of Keegan, Channon and MLT.

That image was damaged by Lowe/Rednapp.

Skates have image of being tatty, hooligans and a clown supporter.

simple really.

Ah the old 'we all knew salvation was just around the corner so we didn't need to go' argument. Sorry, won't wash. You didn't know that at all, you simply couldn't be bothered, so you stayed away in your thousands during your clubs darkest hour of need...

That isn't what I said at all. I said it made no difference either way. I had no clue whether we would be saved or not but I said at the time that one poorly publicised match is a drop in the ocean and was effectively throwing good money after bad

Pre SMS no, I don't. Post SMS yes. SMS has made a huge difference. It's clear that 10,000 people who wouldn't bother to go to 'the skip', because it was a complete shytehole, are more than happy to attend at a modern stadium with modern facilities.

I suspect there are 10,000 people who live in and around Pompey who think exactly the same about Fratton Park....

When we were at the dell I regularly struggled to get tickets. Even with my membership (I got a season ticket when I could afford one) if I didn't call on the morning that tickets wen't on sale I wouldn't be able to get one.

Is that currently the case for your non-season ticket holders?

Listening to the Solent forum.....

Storrie still has no idea if and when proposed takeover will happen.

Fans stating no good Al Fahim in the directors box,they need his money now,Storrie agrees.

Thus far Al Fahim has made no financial contribution to PFC,unlike Gadymak he made funds available from the moment he was interested in PFC.

Storrie re iterates problems started when Gadymak had no money to pay wages or tranfer fees in full,apparently money is still owed for some past transfers.

Storrie puttiing the boot in a tad on Redknapp,wanting and spending money.

Moneys not there for new Stadium,training ground and Storrie is fed up with it.

Ohh we get a mention....fan states that pfc are going down the same route as SFC

went down,sell,sell sell....,but look at them now,their takeover took two weeks(if only they knew)

All signings being made are all loan deals,with the hope to make those deals permanant when/if moneys is available.

Fans moaning about ticket prices,both season and matchday,Storrie states he needs that money to keep the club afloat and make additions to the playing sqaud.

Storrie moans about away clubs not selling out the allocations for the matches,they ask for 2000 tickets but only sell 500.

Storrie now having a pop at Al Fahim,"put up or shut up,put some money in"

Fans stating no good Al Fahim in the directors box,they need his money now,Storrie agrees.

Thus far Al Fahim has made no financial contribution to PFC,unlike Gadymak he made funds available from the moment he was interested in PFC.

Storrie re iterates problems started when Gadymak had no money to pay wages or tranfer fees in full,apparently money is still owed for some past transfers.

Ohh we get a mention....fan states that pfc are going down the same route as SFC

went down,sell,sell sell....,but look at them now,their takeover took two weeks(if only they knew)

All signings being made are all loan deals,with the hope to make those deals permanant when/if moneys is available.

Fans moaning about ticket prices,both season and matchday,Storrie states he needs that money to keep the club afloat and make additions to the playing sqaud.

Storrie moans about away clubs not selling out the allocations for the matches,they ask for 2000 tickets but only sell 500.

Pretty damning so far, keep it coming..... :D

Pre SMS no, I don't. Post SMS yes. SMS has made a huge difference. It's clear that 10,000 people who wouldn't bother to go to 'the skip', because it was a complete shytehole, are more than happy to attend at a modern stadium with modern facilities.

I suspect there are 10,000 people who live in and around Pompey who think exactly the same about Fratton Park....

Actually it's more amusing when a Premiership club starts droning on about their history when their most bitter rivals are in League One.

Now if playing in the Premiership and recenly winning the FA cup isn't enough, then harping on about attendances and the like just show uneasy you lot are with current events.

Like it or not for 50 years we were above you. Fact. Now you're above us but rather than concentrate on that you drone on and on about the attendance record of the Dell. Like it or not, when the Premier League started The Dellhad an average 95% capacity. Fact.

Another fact is during the early to mid 90's Fratton was 60% empty. Fact

It must really hurt that despite being in League One, as opposed the the old Div 2, we've maintained good attendances.

The harsh truth is that when things are average, saints fans are average. When the going gets tough, they're bloody amazing. Pompey fans on the other hand get on the clubs back and stay away. If Fratton was two thirds empty when times were hards, what does that say about your support?

It's pathetic, that's what it says...

Training ground ready to go...but have no money,thank god for that i live close by.

Turned a bid for Distin down this morning....dosent sound convinced he will stay imo.

Offered him a 2 year deal and captaincy.

Moans about Spuds tapping up crouch..but lets slip that all clubs do it.

Fee agreed with Vidukas reps but hes still on hols,sound as though this is dead in the water.

Debt burden of PFC will not be revealed.

Storrie claims there is a vendetta against the club from the news papers,Skate audience clap their webbed pinkys.

Storrie claims he is not clearly in the loop of what is going on ref the takeover.

He intimates that Gadymak is getting really miffed with Al Fahim and his spokesperson.

Storrie going on about how great the FA cup win was and no-one can take that away from them,once again the fishy few in the audience manage to muster applause.

But there's nothing there that hasn't been said on here and subsequently written off by the blue few as "pure speculation."

Interesting to see how the club won't reveal how much the debt is. Considering how many skates on here seem to know every line and every column in the Fratton ledger then it's quite funny.. As they've sold, what, £70 million's worth of "talent" you'd think they'd be all too keen to spill the beans...

The harsh truth is that if the good doctor was interested he wouldn't allow the club to sell all it's assets, surely that's common sense. Someone will buy them, just not the billionaire fantasy figure they believe they "deserve."

"Next season main objective is survival in the Premier league,anything else would be a bonus"

Storrie wants the stadium to increases to 30k -32k capacity so that they can have the biggest family enclosure in the league and all kids can get in for £1.....

Could the club go into admin if the takeover falls through "watch this space" states storrie,he states "no comment " to the question do you have a plan b.

PFC are still in contention to host world cup games claims Storrie.

Fans now kissing Storries ar$e,saying what a woderful job he is doing..........

to be honest i thought he was part of the reason they are in the carp now.

All over,thank god...i feel i need a shower after listening to that bunch of tossers.

Edited by saint lard

Ah the old 'we all knew salvation was just around the corner so we didn't need to go' argument. Sorry, won't wash. You didn't know that at all, you simply couldn't be bothered, so you stayed away in your thousands during your clubs darkest hour of need...

It was a badly conceived idea put forward by one faction while we were actually in admin & never looked like getting off the ground. You could argue that 20000 fans at the Rangers match might have been critical to your survival chances

oh PFC123

dont laugh too much about giving away tickets..I know for a FACT that pompey give away at least 50 tickets to the RN in pompey every home game

much like Plymouth do down here..which they were today at the gym when they were giving out argyle v QPR tickets to who ever wanted them..which me and a mate got one each and going sat

just popped over to the blue few site and they are lapping it up from storie...lol

the couple of saints on there taking the mick...getting retorts back like "at least we will be hosting real world cup games in 2018"...

lol, they are farking deluded it is unreal.

Only a couple of hours before the forum on Solent they wanted to string him up by his knackers.

They really have fallen for the spin and bull hook line and sinker.

Will be interesting to see if his 'charm offensive' is anything to do with rumours that he is going to head up an consortium should the supposed takeover by the 'Doc' goes tits up,therefore he will have to get some of that lot onside.

He appears to be smelling of roses now on their boards.

Actually it's more amusing when a Premiership club starts droning on about their history when their most bitter rivals are in League One.

Now if playing in the Premiership and recenly winning the FA cup isn't enough, then harping on about attendances and the like just show uneasy you lot are with current events.

Like it or not for 50 years we were above you. Fact. Now you're above us but rather than concentrate on that you drone on and on about the attendance record of the Dell. Like it or not, when the Premier League started The Dellhad an average 95% capacity. Fact.

It must really hurt that despite being in League One, as opposed the the old Div 2, we've maintained good attendances.

The harsh truth is that when things are average, saints fans are average. When the going gets tough, they're bloody amazing. Pompey fans on the other hand get on the clubs back and stay away. If Fratton was two thirds empty when times were hards, what does that say about your support?

It's pathetic, that's what it says...

Sorry mate but that's almost total garbage from start to finish particuarly the last paragraph.....

"Next season main objective is survival in the Premier league,anything else would be a bonus"

Storrie wants the stadium to increases to 30k -32k capacity so that they can have the biggest family enclosure in the league and all kids can get in for £1.....

Could the club go into admin if the takeover falls through "watch this space" states storrie,he states "no comment " to the question do you have a plan b.

Fans now kissing Storrie ar$e,saying what a woderful job he is doing..........

All over,thank god...i fell i need a shower after listeng to that bunch of tossers.

He takes the third highest wage for a chief exec in the Prem, but he's fighting fires at every turn to keep us alive, so I don't begrudge him the wage at all......

oh PFC123

dont laugh too much about giving away tickets..I know for a FACT that pompey give away at least 50 tickets to the RN in pompey every home game

much like Plymouth do down here..which they were today at the gym when they were giving out argyle v QPR tickets to who ever wanted them..which me and a mate got one each and going sat

Hmmm. 50. Not 5000......

He takes the third highest wage for a chief exec in the Prem, but he's fighting fires at every turn to keep us alive, so I don't begrudge him the wage at all......

But he is just as much to blame for getting you into the financial difficulties as others are if not more,surely.

Hmmm. 50. Not 5000......

Did not know we gave away 5000...you lot give away loads for league games..50 to the RN alone and you still

don't sell out the home sections at fratton

Question. Do you think we will see empty seats in the home sections for your first home game this season then?

We all know the answer

I listened to the pfc fans forum with Peter Storey et all. Radio Solent said there it was live with an attendance of 300 fans!! For a club on its way down and with quite a few pertinent questions to be asked I was amazed at the lack of fan input and would question whether many of them were in fact live.

They lapped up everything Storey said and straw poll amomgst them still resulted in 50% believing they would be taken over! Storey said amongst his comments that all managers 'tapped up players' and this was well known but then in a later question refused to say whether the club were after a prticular player saying he could no comment - talk about double standards

They struck me as a very unprofessional club run by by a bunch of chancers and barrow boys and in stark contrast to the professionalism of our owner

Good grief!

Obviously he's not on performance related pay :D

Really? two top ten finishes, an F.A. cup, UEFA cup football. Ok, we've 'lived the dream', but unlike Leeds at least we actually won something.

Did not know we gave away 5000...you lot give away loads for league games..50 to the RN alone and you still

don't sell out the home sections at fratton

Question. Do you think we will see empty seats in the home sections for your first home game this season then?

We all know the answer

Might well be. People are ****ed off with it all at the moment. It's expensive, we could be about top implode, lot of people on holiday. Yeah, I'd be more surprised if it were a full house...

I listened to the pfc fans forum with Peter Storey et all. Radio Solent said there it was live with an attendance of 300 fans!! For a club on its way down and with quite a few pertinent questions to be asked I was amazed at the lack of fan input and would question whether many of them were in fact live.

They lapped up everything Storey said and straw poll amomgst them still resulted in 50% believing they would be taken over! Storey said amongst his comments that all managers 'tapped up players' and this was well known but then in a later question refused to say whether the club were after a prticular player saying he could no comment - talk about double standards

They struck me as a very unprofessional club run by by a bunch of chancers and barrow boys and in stark contrast to the professionalism of our owner

Well you would say that wouldn't you?

[quote=saint lard;415579 "no comment " to the question do you have a plan b.

I had to laugh at these two:D. Their fans on local TV a few mins ago. One says if he doesn't have the money, he should drop out and let someone else take over that 'great' club!!......I wasn't aware that he was exclusive, my understanding is that anyone else can open up negotiations...but no-one has;)

I would add that the fans were complaining about season ticket prices, Portsmouth are unable to fill their ground yet Storey says a priority is to turn the ground into a 30000 seater stadium!! - Why would he want a ground with 10000 empty seats. The question he should ask to the fans is - You fill this ground as it is now then we will build a new stadium

He was asked about the training ground. Yes all planning permissions are in place- thats good then isn't it ? Oh no just waiting for the funding............. something else that won't happen then

It strikes me that Pompey need to stop flirting with potential billionaire buyers, arabs and all - get rid of the chancers on the board and start a re-buuild starting with the board room

I would add that the fans were complaining about season ticket prices, Portsmouth are unable to fill their ground yet Storey says a priority is to turn the ground into a 30000 seater stadium!! - Why would he want a ground with 10000 empty seats.

Because one of the reasons we don't always fill it is due to cost. Third most expensive in the Premiership. If we have a ground with an extra 10k seats we can bring the cost down a bit and more people will be able to afford to go....

As a comparison, how much are your cheapest adult season tickets this year?

Because one of the reasons we don't always fill it is due to cost. Third most expensive in the Premiership. If we have a ground with an extra 10k seats we can bring the cost down a bit and more people will be able to afford to go....

As a comparison, how much are your cheapest adult season tickets this year?

In fact I've just had a look- excluding the family section because not everyone has kids, your cheapest is £342 for a new s/t holder in the Northam/wings.

Our cheapest is £710. More than double. Eyewatering isn't it?

Sorry mate but that's almost total garbage from start to finish particuarly the last paragraph.....

Sorry old chum but you're getting to look more and more like a complete arse... Sadly its all back up by fact...

Allow me to show you...

True. Ask anyone on here how difficult it was to get tickets at the Dell in the Premiership

Average league attendance during the Premiership years never dipped below 14,689

Check this as proof:

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/soto.htm

So you're wrong there...

From 1990 to 1997 your average attendance plummeted. Average figures of as little as 8269, rising to a peak of 13695 but for FIVE years you average attendance of less than 10,000 with some individual attendances as low as 4,682! Would you like me to publish some of the indiviual stats?

Check this as proof:

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/porm.htm

As proved by our average attendances in the Championship of no less than 21,254

Check this as proof... oh you get the gist...

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/soto.htm

Now here you're right if we go by averages, you were half empty but if you go by individual games there were games where you were actually two thirds empty. My personal favourite being Oxford at home in 1991 with an attendance of 4,682

So with links and facts being proven, perhaps you'd like to apologise...

In fact I've just had a look- excluding the family section because not everyone has kids, your cheapest is £342 for a new s/t holder in the Northam/wings.

Our cheapest is £710. More than double. Eyewatering isn't it?

Yes there is a huge difference, But this is because you are (currently) a premier club with premiership players (last season anyway) on premier wages. We are league 1 !!

You wont' be charging £710 next season !! (winky thing)

The full list was printed in the Torygraph in April

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/5155041/Premier-League-fat-cats-cash-in-despite-recession.html

We thought the Dark Lord was taking our club for a ride with his salary and perks (I believe around 650-750k in our PL days), but Storrie on either £1.2M or £2M a year seems well over the top for a club where "Admin" is mentioned at least once a week.

Did the account at Company House ever get changed to £1.2M a year for that "curious slip-up", or was that just paper talk to keep the fans happy ?.

Fans now kissing Storries ar$e,saying what a woderful job he is doing..........

All over,thank god...i feel i need a shower after listening to that bunch of tossers.

LOL... That made for some quality reading.... It keeps getting better