Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

In a relegation scrap players like Distin go awol. Mccann etc rol their sleeves up.

Pompey are buying to stay up and then when they have they will spend to stay up again.They should be able to as there are some weak teams.Burnley surely are doomed so they have to beat 2others.

They still have to win games though and I'm not convinced that Hart will do that, I can see plenty of draws though.

They will have to be paid by who ever buys the club. It may take a while depending on various issues, but they would be paid in full, unlike the St John's.

It's St John, not St John's. I'd have thought you'd have known that with your username?

Picky I know, but I'm an ex-member, which is good if you need a plaster or something bandaged up, but not so good if you've stopped breathing and I have to administer the kiss of life :vom:

Far be it for me to comment on speculation, but Sultan Bin Trump is claiming that he will make 100mil in bonuses for flipping land deals while he was the CEO of a large corporation.....

Even down here they have a word for that... (not alleging that SBT is in anyway connected, just saying that this behaviour has been noticed and has been identified as often being less than legal, allegedly)

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20090622/NATIONAL/706219801/0/sportcolumnists

Now let me ponder once again where that thread went to where all those happy clappy visitors from up the coast gloated about their marvellous new owner.....

Have a nice day y'all

Far be it for me to comment on speculation, but Sultan Bin Trump is claiming that he will make 100mil in bonuses for flipping land deals while he was the CEO of a large corporation.....

Even down here they have a word for that... (not alleging that SBT is in anyway connected, just saying that this behaviour has been noticed and has been identified as often being less than legal, allegedly)

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20090622/NATIONAL/706219801/0/sportcolumnists

Now let me ponder once again where that thread went to where all those happy clappy visitors from up the coast gloated about their marvellous new owner.....

Have a nice day y'all

Phil Im hoping to get a copy of the forum DVD2 through the post. Have you yet organised to a copy through DrogBaj?

From today's Time's Transfer Live Chat with Gary Jacob:

Hi Gary- do you have any more information on the takeover front with Portsmouth?

It looks very unlikely to happen... and there were talks with intermediaries last week in an attempt to find a new buyer...

GJ has been somewhat ridiculed recently for the speculation he comes out with and changing tack on certain stories. With this message, though, he's been pretty consistent for a couple of weeks now.

Fahim added that it was becoming a "distraction" to his takeover of the

Premier League club.

"We are in the final stages of transferring ownership of the club to me,

and that it a very important but also complicated process and that is

what I am focused on. I have been living out of a hotel in London for

three weeks now, doing all the things needed to complete this deal and

that's what I am carrying on doing," he said.

"Unfortunately I have to spend half my time either denying this takeover

has collapsed, or explaining how much money I am getting paid. It is

becoming very frustrating."

The UAE tycoon added that he had "done just about everything he needs to

do" to complete the takeover, adding: "The sales and purchase agreement

(SPA) is with the seller. I can't sign on his behalf!

"We agreed terms on July 20 and he was sent the SPA ten days later. From

my side, everything is according to the timetable planned."

From Fahim

Fahim added that it was becoming a "distraction" to his takeover of the

Premier League club.

"We are in the final stages of transferring ownership of the club to me,

and that it a very important but also complicated process and that is

what I am focused on. I have been living out of a hotel in London for

three weeks now, doing all the things needed to complete this deal and

that's what I am carrying on doing," he said.

"Unfortunately I have to spend half my time either denying this takeover

has collapsed, or explaining how much money I am getting paid. It is

becoming very frustrating."

The UAE tycoon added that he had "done just about everything he needs to

do" to complete the takeover, adding: "The sales and purchase agreement

(SPA) is with the seller. I can't sign on his behalf!

"We agreed terms on July 20 and he was sent the SPA ten days later. From

my side, everything is according to the timetable planned."

LOL.

The seller has had the SPA for 19 days and the ice cream man isn't getting a little worried - all that's needed is a signature since everything else has been agreed ;)

He's done everything from his side of the bargain, but is annoyed that people have been asking him questions, which is detracting from the sale, even though he has had nothing to do for 20 days :rolleyes:

I'm just waiting for an interview where he says "everything will be revealed in the press conference" followed by "I don't think the people behind the bid will ever be known" ;)

I don't think it's an obsession to be honest. More a mixture of schadenfreude, humorous diversion and mirth at the fact that some Skate fans find our opinions about their club so interesting.

do any of us post, in such vast quantity, on their forums?

Yep. It's just pointing and laughing, which as the teeny tiny lower league club faced with a European Megarich Megafanbase Megaclub on our doorstep we're allowed to do that. We'll never know what it could be like to be that successful and world renowned so we have to take the micky.

What is hilarious is the fans of said SuperClub don't seem to be focused on their galacticos and their challenge for their rightful Champion's League spot but instead are completley besotted with us and post on here over and over and over again.

Utter freaks.

Phil Im hoping to get a copy of the forum DVD2 through the post. Have you yet organised to a copy through DrogBaj?

Nope if you can get a second copy, I hope to pass through Salisbury in mid September so can buy you a beer and pick it up.

Meanwhile I am sure it isn't connected but I noted in the middle of the article a specific figure that is Aed 600mil, which co-incidentally is just about GBP100mil, which co-incidentally is the same figure as an alleged bonus cheque.

I love co-incidences to keep our friends awake at night. As I said, how can a CEO make money out of "Flipping" a property deal?

http://business.maktoob.com/20090000365918/Dubai_probing_fraud_totalling_$950_mln/Article.htm?utm_campaign=Night-Newsletter&utm_medium=Main-News1&utm_source=Night-Newsletter&utm_content=

Totally not stated as, impied as or related to SBT of course and certainly not alleging anything of the sort. Just interesting general reading

Nope if you can get a second copy, I hope to pass through Salisbury in mid September so can buy you a beer and pick it up.

Meanwhile I am sure it isn't connected but I noted in the middle of the article a specific figure that is Aed 600mil, which co-incidentally is just about GBP100mil, which co-incidentally is the same figure as an alleged bonus cheque.

I love co-incidences to keep our friends awake at night. As I said, how can a CEO make money out of "Flipping" a property deal?

http://business.maktoob.com/20090000365918/Dubai_probing_fraud_totalling_$950_mln/Article.htm?utm_campaign=Night-Newsletter&utm_medium=Main-News1&utm_source=Night-Newsletter&utm_content=

Totally not stated as, impied as or related to SBT of course and certainly not alleging anything of the sort. Just interesting general reading

I have pm'd Baj again.hen it arrives ill get another burned off...after i've edited correctly of course Lol

Why so obsessed with the Skates? In case you hadn't noticed, we could well be relegated by Xmas and Bournemouth could well go above us next season.

This obsession with everything Portsmouth do/don't do is well sad.............

Get a grip WashSaint.

In regards to the obsession, it's nice to have a laugh in life. If we had to focus on our results so far we'd be miserable as sin. The skates deserve this grief based on their attitudes when we were in trouble and their we're a massive club, new ground etc which is all delusional IMHO.

I don't know who you could possibly be referring to but I am with you in liking coincidences!!! ;)

If that's true and that happens.... they'd be in even deeper trouble than they are now. TV income would be taken to pay off that loan, meaning they couldn't strengthen the team, they're already down to the bare bones as it is, and if they go down as looks likely, they'd be in a worse death spiral than Leeds or we were, with lower income and little infrastructure (ground, training facilities, fanbase) to attract new investment

If that story's true, it really is the end for Dr Skate. No one is going to lend against the next three years' television revenue if there's even the remotest chance of relegation - because the TV revenues would be decimated.

And I would hardly describe P*mpey's chances of going down as remote.

" and several Premier League clubs owed money by Portsmouth have been asked to offer them some leeway"

Hello hello. Is this a formal request then? Is it suggesting that certain clubs who have sold players to Portsmouth are not receiving money? These other clubs being premiership club I would suggest. Rival clubs one might say.

Hello hello. Is this a formal request then? Is it suggesting that certain clubs who have sold players to Portsmouth are not receiving money? These other clubs being premiership club I would suggest. Rival clubs one might say.

Rivals in the loosest sense of the word....

Corp will be along telling us not to believe what we read in the papers whilst producing some evidence from the papers that back up his arguments.:rolleyes:

Of course, his sources, as we know, have a 100% track record.

I'm still waiting for his big announcement....from last friday.

Apparently we would all be shocked and surprised at what (should have) happened.

Nope...sorry....

These posts are starting to get a long to comment / counter comment on each and every line (and its also getting pretty late) but you consistently fall down with your selective acceptance of some reports and dismissal of others do fit your arguments.

Maybe you should contact PS and point out to him that now you are both debt free and operating at a profit.

Clapham, you're a fine one to be talking about slective acceptance. You posted that we were losing £2m a month but I proved that we've knocked over £20m off our wage bill over the past year in wages of players we've sold. I don't see how you can disagree with what I posted. Similarly, you said that it would be cheaper to buy Newcastle than Pompey. Again, you were selective as you used a potential buying price of £60m as "some reports have said they've received bids of this amount". No mention of the fact that Ashley has repeatedly said he wants £100m for the club and despite me posting a report from Deloitte proving that they have debts of £238m which you denied was the case. You ignored this and failed to mention it in any follow up.

Finally, when did I say we were debt free and operating at a profit? I said I believed we'd reduced debts considerably, a fact backed up by the amount of players we've sold and reports in "quality" (for want of a better word) papers. Most media outlets now seem to agree that our debt is down to somewhere in the mid £20m's and possibly even lower. The accounts you were talking about are around 18 months out of date.

You seem like an intelligent guy but also seem to be falling into the trap a lot of the dicks on here fall into - dismissing what I say without actually reading or understanding it. Re-read what I said again. I accept that there are ongoing costs and that Storrie has said he can't rule out more players sales but our debts and operating costs have been reduced significantly since the figures you keep quoting

What is hilarious is the fans of said SuperClub don't seem to be focused on their galacticos and their challenge for their rightful Champion's League spot but instead are completley besotted with us and post on here over and over and over again.

Talk about irony. You post this in the middle of a 30 odd page thread with 46,000 (!) views about Pompey. And look at the amount of your fans from just the last couple of pages trawling Pompey websites and papers for news of anything blue.

there was a thread i saw on the blue few site...they really think they have had more legends play for them than us..

their list was (and I kid you not)

James

Campbell

Prosinecki

Sherringham

Krancjar (who some think is a better player than le tiss)

Johnson

Knight

Walsh

Clarrage

Merson

etc etc

seriously, are they really this farking idiotic..?

IF, anyone is remotely interested.......PFC/ Solent Forum,in full......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8201277.stm

Just checked out Bemjii's portsmouth link.

went down the page and a headline said

only four premier teams have sold less season tickets than last year !

clicked on the link

Who do you think was first on the list

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/aug/13/premier-league-season-tickets-manchester-united

The Daily Mail certainly are focusing on the Skates at the moment.......Also one rumour doing the rounds is that Distin is on his way with Danny ****tu lined up to replace him.......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1207244/David-James-Sylvain-Distin-pushed-breaking-point-Portsmouth.html

ah,it's in the Sun this morning,maybe thats where the rumour has sprung from....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2592961/Hart-hot-on-Dan-deal.html

From today's Time's Transfer Live Chat with Gary Jacob:

GJ has been somewhat ridiculed recently for the speculation he comes out with and changing tack on certain stories. With this message, though, he's been pretty consistent for a couple of weeks now.

I wrote that question about pompey by the way. I made up the name because I'd already written in two questions using my real one.

When you looked like going down the dumper the posts on Pompey boards went to two or three pages. You're on page 32 and still going strong. Just who's besotted with who here? PMSL

do any of us post, in such vast quantity, on their forums?

Funny you should ask that ESB. In addition to your own Steve Grant and Dull Days (who's a regular poster) look on any Pompey site and you'll find far more Saints fans than you find Pompey fans on here. Given that the blues on here amount to me, mack Rill, FMPR and PES, Saints on Pompey sites in the last couple of days include:

1teeminhants

Vince Newman

Home Grown

Tijuana Tim (posts every single day)

Grumpy Dell Days

Saint Jack 21

Saint Mirac

Jasper

Saint Funny

Pompey fans on here. Given that the blues on here amount to me, mack Rill, FMPR and PES, Saints on Pompey sites in the last couple of days include:

selective PFC123 Pompey In Reading Pompeylass are 3 others you have missed out.

I myself do not see any sense in going on a rivals board, but it happens.Some are ok some are not.

Talk about irony. You post this in the middle of a 30 odd page thread with 46,000 (!) views about Pompey. And look at the amount of your fans from just the last couple of pages trawling Pompey websites and papers for news of anything blue.

To be fair, it takes, what, 10 seconds to add a view, and maybe 30 seconds to add a post... hardly obsession.

Saints threads pop up on Pompey boards as well, and human nature being what it is, people aren't that different. I'd imagine that each Pompey member spends around the same time looking at Saints threads as Saints fans read Pompey threads. What your figures really indicate is that Saintsweb is far far more popular and read than Pompey message boards.

When does Ramadan start?

22nd August

The whole story is just as funny as fook...

But why oh why did they not do some really very basic research into his whole approach..??

I've watched naive Brits trying to do business down here for almost 17 years, everytime it ends the same way.

insh'allah the funds will be processed when I receive my 100million bonus/new loan against tv income/my friend Thaksin gets his pardon...

This emirate has been financially on the rocks since February, anybody with a half a brain would know that all local businesses, banks and Government Agencies are struggling for short term liquidity but are working to pull things around.

Nobody, but nobody outside of Abu Dhabi was ever going to pump up a loan to buy a football club, and SBT already blew his sources down there with his look at me approach to the early days of the Man City takeover.

It was just a car wreck waiting to happen. FFS MJ had more funding support than SBT