Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Pure speculation picked up from the skate message boards - does have a ring of truth to it though when you look at Storrie's demeanour at their fish fest last night.

Yes Peter S did come across as being right pizzed off with the A-Rab

With words like put up or shut up, one would expect that if the Shifty Sheik do put pen to paper, The first thing to hit Peters desk will be a P 45, Shortly followed by (your taxi is waiting in the foyer;)

[quote=pfc123;)

We may well have 'bought' that trophy. You on the other hand bought a new ground, that you also couldn't afford. On that basis I think we're about even...

QUOTE]

I dont think so we were relegated as the powers that be decided we would have -10 to suit their agenda.When you get a fair penalty for buying the cup, then it will be evened up

As for the s/t question, if you actually answered the question then perhaps it wouldn't be mentioned again.As there is a lack of reply it becomes more obvious it is a question the Skates are embarrassed about.

Purely speculating (as everybody else is) but I would have thought that the player sales to date must have raised enough to pay the bank... if not then they are really screwed.

The difficulty for them will be funding operating costs during the period to January.

If (IF) they were losing the £2m a month previously reported then they still won't be breaking even on a cash basis and will need significant further funding just to pay wages.

DD may be able to provide this preventing the need for further player sales, or he may not...

The cash received from player sales is interesting, as they had so many installments due on those players that the actual cash received back must be reduced dramatically.

imo,Storrie was laying the foundations for an announcement that he would be heading up a consortium to takeover,he was publicly casting doubts on Al Fahim credibility and making the right noises that the blue few wanted to hear,so that they would readily accept him as the new owner in some capacity.

The Skates lapped it up and fell for it hook line and sinker,excuse the pun.

The cash received from player sales is interesting, as they had so many installments due on those players that the actual cash received back must be reduced dramatically.

Very true.

they may also have installments still to pay on players that they no longer own... Those payments are going to hurt.

Very true.

they may also have installments still to pay on players that they no longer own... Those payments are going to hurt.

As I have said before they have sold £100m worth of players, but that is not enough to repay all the liabilities as they were in the May 2008 accounts. The high wages would have continued to have been paid since so the liabilities would have increased further since then too. I do not think they are anywhere near as debt free as they believe - I have seen some posts on their forum that their debt position "is the envy of many clubs in the Premier League" - I would suggest it probably isn't, neither is their asset base or turnover capability.

The skates are so jammy and always seem to strike it lucky - they will probably get a decent takeover and escape relegation.

Nevertheless this thread has been a very enjoyable read and has provided great entertainment at the blue-few's expense. Something we have not been able to enjoy for a few years now.

As I have said before they have sold £100m worth of players, but that is not enough to repay all the liabilities as they were in the May 2008 accounts. The high wages would have continued to have been paid since so the liabilities would have increased further since then too. I do not think they are anywhere near as debt free as they believe - I have seen some posts on their forum that their debt position "is the envy of many clubs in the Premier League" - I would suggest it probably isn't, neither is their asset base or turnover capability.

Sorry, by pay the bank I meant pay the bank (at the end of the month).

I don't for one second think that they are even close to being debt free but when you are this close to admin cash flow is all that matters in the short term.

Eventually the other debt will also be a problem but right now the £27m (or whatever it is) at the end of the month and surviving to January are going to be their priority

the skates reckon Usmanov is due to pile cash in with them and pull out of arsenal...

LOL

What the heck are they on now?

So a, presumably, successful businessman is going to cash in his part ownership of a top level, playing in Europe, possible top 5 team. To invest it in a debt ridden, possible relegation fodder team, with little or no hope.

Of course he is!

He'd make more money playing Poirot.

I dont think so we were relegated as the powers that be decided we would have -10 to suit their agenda.When you get a fair penalty for buying the cup, then it will be evened up

As for the s/t question, if you actually answered the question then perhaps it wouldn't be mentioned again.As there is a lack of reply it becomes more obvious it is a question the Skates are embarrassed about.

You were relegated without the 10 point penalty. You had the penalty added to this season as a result, and you got the penalty because EVERYONE knew that SLH and Southampton FC were one and same entity. A little giveaway- SLH's official website according to the London Stock Exchange was: saintsfc.co.uk

Yeah, a different company......

As far as Pompey S/T's goes, I couldn't give a toss :smt015

You were relegated without the 10 point penalty. You had the penalty added to this season as a result, and you got the penalty because EVERYONE knew that SLH and Southampton FC were one and same entity. A little giveaway- SLH's official website according to the London Stock Exchange was: saintsfc.co.uk

Yeah, a different company......

As far as Pompey S/T's goes, I couldn't give a toss :smt015

Thanks for that insight into our predicament from gawd, three months ago.

And yes, that'll be a Portsmouth supporter posting on a Southampton Football Club forum.

Again. And again. And again.

You are utterly besotted with us. Do try and get over it.

Mick Channon

Peter Osgood

Steve Williams

Alan Ball

Chris Nicholl

Dave Watson

Ivan Golac

Kevin Keegan

Mark Wright

Mick Mills

Peter Shilton

Jimmy Case

Matt Le Tiss

Alan Shearer

Wallaces

Neil Ruddock

Jason Dodd

Franny Benali

Wayne Bridge

James Beattie

Theo Walcott

or alan biley and guy whittingham?

Mick Channon

Peter Osgood

Steve Williams

Alan Ball

Chris Nicholl

Dave Watson

Ivan Golac

Kevin Keegan

Mark Wright

Mick Mills

Peter Shilton

Jimmy Case

Matt Le Tiss

Alan Shearer

Wallaces

Neil Ruddock

Jason Dodd

Franny Benali

Wayne Bridge

James Beattie

Theo Walcott

or alan biley and guy whittingham?

there was a thread i saw on the blue few site...they really think they have had more legends play for them than us..

their list was (and I kid you not)

James

Campbell

Prosinecki

Sherringham

Krancjar (who some think is a better player than le tiss)

Johnson

Knight

Walsh

Clarrage

Merson

etc etc

seriously, are they really this farking idiotic..?

The skates are so jammy and always seem to strike it lucky - they will probably get a decent takeover and escape relegation.

Nevertheless this thread has been a very enjoyable read and has provided great entertainment at the blue-few's expense. Something we have not been able to enjoy for a few years now.

not always they got John Deacon once

there was a thread i saw on the blue few site...they really think they have had more legends play for them than us..

James

Campbell

Prosinecki

Sherringham

Johnson

Knight

Walsh

Clarrage

Merson

etc etc

Even the better ones on that list were at the arsehole of their career.

We might as well include Peter Reid, Bruse Grobelaar, Mark Hughes and Andrei Kenchelskis.

Whilst I'd love to answer all your points raised over the last day or so (just how many of you were there on here last night discussing the Pompey Forum on Solent - LOL) I don't have time, although I hope to sometime later today.

Just to say keep your ears open as there may be an official announcement from PFC regarding Fahim's takeover as early as this afternoon. Initially you'll laugh at the contents and say you knew that would happen. But what happens after that may surprise you :cool:

I'm still waiting btw

James

Campbell

Prosinecki

Sherringham

Johnson

Knight

Walsh

Clarrage

Merson

etc etc

Clarrage OMFG lol

Please would someone correct me as I am sure that I am wrong in thinking the following.

I thought that Hydra company was in the mire legally over their property dealings so how can

they afford to give out a bonus ?

This SAF chap says it's still a good idea to buy property in his country but I thought that

foreigners were not allowed to buy property out there ?

I hope he witnesses Pompey become one of the best teams of all time a bit like Brazil in 1982:

Which football team do you admire the most?

The best football I have ever seen played was by the Brazil team in the 1982 World Cup. I was too young to watch it at the time, but have seen many video recordings of it. They had players like Zico and Socrates.

It was an incredible team, they lost 3-2 to Italy in the quarter-final. I don't think there has ever been a better team around. They are the team that I found most exciting to watch.

:rolleyes:

James

Campbell

Prosinecki

Sherringham

Johnson

Knight

Walsh

Clarrage

Merson

etc etc

You missed out the legend of all legends............

The one, the only...........John Durnin:D

Who in turn can only prostrate himself at the feet of the godlike........... Warren Aspinall :D

Haha... Warren Aspinall. He used to play Golf at Meon Valley when I worked there in my late teens. He always used to brag about being a player for PFC and expected star treatment, clicking his fingers like he owned the place. I just used to tell him I was a Saints supporter and didn't know Portsmouth even had a team. I took pleasure many a time ignoring him and serving customers that came to the bar way after him just to keep him waiting. In fairness I probably wouldn't have done if he wasn't such a conceited tosser.;)

Not sure if this has been asked before, but does anyone know of any other company that has appointed a prospective buyer as Chairman before the deal has been done. If SFC had done that, God knows who we might have ended up with! This takeover may well happen, but wouldn't it be best to wait until the money was in the bank before appointing a Chairman. Let him takeover and appoint his own Chairman.

If I was a cynic, I would have said that this Arab Dr was appointed to try and get the deal done in the first place.

Also loved the interview with the Arab rag. This chap has watched DVDs of Pompey. Wonder if he sat through a whole game or watched on fast forward. If I was to buy a club, I might want to visit and watch them first. A fool and his money.....

You've gotta be joking! Thing is that you will always be able to dredge up stats on individual games, or very selective periods in history. it's the only way you can attempt to justify your position.

What matters is the OVERALL pitcture.....

http://www.nufc.com/2009-10html/attendance-all-time.html

Wasn't Fratton always bigger than The Dell?

You'd struggle to get 10k at Fratton if you were in League One on -9 points with the same prices as us.

Haha... Warren Aspinall. He used to play Golf at Meon Valley when I worked there in my late teens. He always used to brag about being a player for PFC and expected star treatment, clicking his fingers like he owned the place. I just used to tell him I was a Saints supporter and didn't know Portsmouth even had a team. I took pleasure many a time ignoring him and serving customers that came to the bar way after him just to keep him waiting. In fairness I probably wouldn't have done if he wasn't such a conceited tosser.;)

Worked with him for 4 years until he got sacked for rascism.

Bit of a knob he was.

Not sure if this has been asked before, but does anyone know of any other company that has appointed a prospective buyer as Chairman before the deal has been done. If SFC had done that, God knows who we might have ended up with! This takeover may well happen, but wouldn't it be best to wait until the money was in the bank before appointing a Chairman. Let him takeover and appoint his own Chairman.

If I was a cynic, I would have said that this Arab Dr was appointed to try and get the deal done in the first place.

Also loved the interview with the Arab rag. This chap has watched DVDs of Pompey. Wonder if he sat through a whole game or watched on fast forward. If I was to buy a club, I might want to visit and watch them first. A fool and his money.....

From our relatively safe position it's easy to imagine your depicted scenario. With Rickaaaay as Chairman and Lifelongcannonhewlettpackardepson as C.E.O.

Good lord, were we really that close to implosion?

Let's be thankful for Markus!

Meanwhile, after due reflection, I have to ask if Oafish Ali is for real?

Surely the blue few must be rousing from their broken dreams by now?

Warren Aspinall - what a **** - he used to be a regular at the Shamblehurst Barn in Hedge End when I worked there - always ****ed up, trying to start fights.

We would occasionally get other Pompey players in there and they were good guys but Aspinall was a cretin - even my skate mates didn't like him.

You've gotta be joking! Thing is that you will always be able to dredge up stats on individual games, or very selective periods in history. it's the only way you can attempt to justify your position.

What matters is the OVERALL pitcture.....

http://www.nufc.com/2009-10html/attendance-all-time.html

No YOU'VE got to be joking.. all that link proves is that for 40 odd years you had a bigger stadium, sorry, ground than ours. Big deal! it's how full the ground was counts. You had a bigger ground but how often was it full? The Dell was, Fratton wasn't, a fact you seem to have not just glossed over but completely ignored..

I love the way you've completely sidestepped every point. The truth is, and you avoided this like the plague, that those figures showed average attendances so for the years shown your average attendance was, at best half full and on numerous occasions TWO THIRDS EMPTY..

And that is a fact... lol

Any comment on that?

No, didn't think so....

Just to say keep your ears open as there may be an official announcement from PFC regarding Fahim's takeover as early as this afternoon. Initially you'll laugh at the contents and say you knew that would happen. But what happens after that may surprise you :cool:

Did anything come of this or was it another false dawn?

No YOU'VE got to be joking.. all that link proves is that for 40 odd years you had a bigger stadium, sorry, ground than ours. Big deal! it's how full the ground was counts. You had a bigger ground but how often was it full? The Dell was, Fratton wasn't, a fact you seem to have not just glossed over but completely ignored..

I love the way you've completely sidestepped every point. The truth is, and you avoided this like the plague, that those figures showed average attendances so for the years shown your average attendance was, at best half full and on numerous occasions TWO THIRDS EMPTY..

And that is a fact... lol

Any comment on that?

No, didn't think so....

Does that logic apply to the present? Because surely FP is more full week by week than SMS. We just happen to have a bigger stadium than they do.

PS Attendance arguments suck. This thread was great entertainment when we were just pointing and laughing about their so called takeover going tits up.

they are welcome to Gutiierrez, lol.I watched him play the other day and you could see he is a bad influence and has no stomach for a fight.

IMO they would be better served getting O'neill and the one who was supposed to be gay who moved away . both were instramental in their survival before.

they are welcome to Gutiierrez, lol.I watched him play the other day and you could see he is a bad influence and has no stomach for a fight.

IMO they would be better served getting O'neill and the one who was supposed to be gay who moved away . both were instramental in their survival before.

Jonas, I think, is one of the very few players who showerd fight for Newcastle all throughout last season. However, I don't think we needn't concern ourselves - he won't be joining Pompey and neither will Amr Zaki. Why? It's all b0ll0cks from the Dr to keep the foaming hordes appeased. Let's face it, they are sooo fecked, it would make no sense at all to add another £100,000 to the £2m they are already losing per month... or would it? :D