Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Really? two top ten finishes, an F.A. cup, UEFA cup football. Ok, we've 'lived the dream', but unlike Leeds at least we actually won something.

Yes you bought the trophy with money you didnt have and now should pay the price, that would be fair would it not?

Did Storrie tell anyone how many S/t's have been sold. There again after reading the wages publicised and then a backtrack who would know if they could even get that figure right.Lol

Not at all. Neither James or Distin are up for sale & Storrie has said that we don't need to sell them.

Are you for real!!!!!!!!! I would hold your counsel on that if i were you. Storrie has said that more players will have to be sold and will be to keep you out of admin.I can tell you that James was in Bournemouth very recently ( HR lives there) It could be very innocent of course.If he was going anywhere I suspect it would be to Spurs.

Not at all. I went last night & it was very positive, body language speaks volumes in itself & Storrie & Hart both seemed upbeat & confident.

TBF it didn`t come across that way on the radio. There appeared to be "polite" applause rather than enthusiastic when they were introduced and neither of them came across as being "upbeat and confident", particularly Hart. Storrie just came across as being ****ed off and desperate. Had be there I suppose.

Whilst I'd love to answer all your points raised over the last day or so (just how many of you were there on here last night discussing the Pompey Forum on Solent - LOL) I don't have time, although I hope to sometime later today.

Just to say keep your ears open as there may be an official announcement from PFC regarding Fahim's takeover as early as this afternoon. Initially you'll laugh at the contents and say you knew that would happen. But what happens after that may surprise you :cool:

Whilst I'd love to answer all your points raised over the last day or so (just how many of you were there on here last night discussing the Pompey Forum on Solent - LOL) I don't have time, although I hope to sometime later today.

Just to say keep your ears open as there may be an official announcement from PFC regarding Fahim's takeover as early as this afternoon. Initially you'll laugh at the contents and say you knew that would happen. But what happens after that may surprise you :cool:

Im sure there will be much egg on faces. I sense with the confidence coming from your words the DR has found a backer. Or Gaydamek has in desperation to get rid of the burden taken a big dive

Im sure there will be much egg on faces. I sense with the confidence coming from your words the DR has found a backer. Or Gaydamek has in desperation to get rid of the burden taken a big dive

I reckon the good doctor will withdraw from the bid, Nick and that another buyer will materialise to buy the club for 5p.

The full list was printed in the Torygraph in April

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/5155041/Premier-League-fat-cats-cash-in-despite-recession.html

We thought the Dark Lord was taking our club for a ride with his salary and perks (I believe around 650-750k in our PL days), but Storrie on either £1.2M or £2M a year seems well over the top for a club where "Admin" is mentioned at least once a week.

Did the account at Company House ever get changed to £1.2M a year for that "curious slip-up", or was that just paper talk to keep the fans happy ?.

I can't believe Storrie takes home £2,033,751!

He's playing the Skates for a bunch of mugs, no wonder this take-over has been dragged out, he's just sat there earning a fortune dishing out fan friendly bull**** while the club gets asset stripped. I almost feel sorry for the fish fiddlers.

Listening to the Solent forum.....

Storrie still has no idea if and when proposed takeover will happen.

Fans stating no good Al Fahim in the directors box,they need his money now,Storrie agrees.

Thus far Al Fahim has made no financial contribution to PFC,unlike Gadymak he made funds available from the moment he was interested in PFC.

Storrie re iterates problems started when Gadymak had no money to pay wages or tranfer fees in full,apparently money is still owed for some past transfers.

Storrie puttiing the boot in a tad on Redknapp,wanting and spending money.

Moneys not there for new Stadium,training ground and Storrie is fed up with it.

Ohh we get a mention....fan states that pfc are going down the same route as SFC

went down,sell,sell sell....,but look at them now,their takeover took two weeks(if only they knew)

All signings being made are all loan deals,with the hope to make those deals permanant when/if moneys is available.

Fans moaning about ticket prices,both season and matchday,Storrie states he needs that money to keep the club afloat and make additions to the playing sqaud.

Storrie moans about away clubs not selling out the allocations for the matches,they ask for 2000 tickets but only sell 500.

Storrie now having a pop at Al Fahim,"put up or shut up,put some money in"

All this about them having no money can't be true. They're signing that Croatian striker for £6m - FACT.

I know this is true because Corpy told us so.

Arf.

BTW - he's been very quiet over the last few days, hasn't he? How strange!

Edited by Torres

Are you for real!!!!!!!!! I would hold your counsel on that if i were you. Storrie has said that more players will have to be sold and will be to keep you out of admin.I can tell you that James was in Bournemouth very recently ( HR lives there) It could be very innocent of course.If he was going anywhere I suspect it would be to Spurs.

Hmmm, knew I should've washed my ears out before going & taken my blue tinted specs off.

How s/ts sold?

I do love to see innocence is still alive and kicking

I don't know how many we've sold, I know I'm not one of them as I can't afford to pay in a lump sum but will be getting to as many games as possible.

TBF it didn`t come across that way on the radio. There appeared to be "polite" applause rather than enthusiastic when they were introduced and neither of them came across as being "upbeat and confident", particularly Hart. Storrie just came across as being ****ed off and desperate. Had be there I suppose.

Yep, you had to be there.

I love the way the blue few are taking in all the bullsh1t..

reminds me so much of us circa 2006...lol

I guess we are pretty street wise to it all..and i guess all the "new" pompey fans who dont remember the bad old days for them are not as street wise..lol

Edited by Thedelldays

Because one of the reasons we don't always fill it is due to cost. Third most expensive in the Premiership. If we have a ground with an extra 10k seats we can bring the cost down a bit and more people will be able to afford to go....

Why are the tickets going to be cheaper when you have a new stadium because you can fit in 10k more? You have to pay for the stadium somehow you know, it's not going to be self funding! You'll be going from 0 stadium debt to 50m at a minimum.

I do beleive Marc Jackson is back people (or are you Saint David?)

many of the blue few think Storie will be their new owner as he is might have found a backer..

ummm, I hope for their sakes PS does not have to go through the FA Fit and Proper Persons Test (or what ever it is called)..

I read on here that the FA were desperately looking for a way to help out Pompey. No doubt the FAPT will be less rigid this time around.All IMHO of course

I actually believe Corp. I think Pompey are on the brink of something big and are just using all this doctor stuff as a smokescreen for what's really happening. Of course they'll be fine in the long run. The only hope is the takeover drags out until after the transfer window closes.

That said, I've been wrong many time before about things I actually know and care about. This on the other hand I both know little, and care little about...

Go on - make yourself an ITK legend and tell us all - you know you want to really...!

Yes, of course something big will happen Corp, I believe you. You've delivered upon every rumoured signing, ground expansion and takeover proposal in nothing but truth.

All the indications are that the Dr will step aside and another billionaire will take his place. Yes, of course that's what will happen. You only sold £80m of talent for a laugh, right? You only trialled two teams of League 2 players for a laugh, right? Secretly, you've got Riquelme, Aimar, Raul, Shevchenko, Totti et al hiding away, just off the needles ready to swoop in once the takeover's completed.

LMFAO, squirm squirm squirm...

Yes, of course something big will happen Corp, I believe you. You've delivered upon every rumoured signing, ground expansion and takeover proposal in nothing but truth.

All the indications are that the Dr will step aside and another billionaire will take his place. Yes, of course that's what will happen. You only sold £80m of talent for a laugh, right? You only trialled two teams of League 2 players for a laugh, right? Secretly, you've got Riquelme, Aimar, Raul, Shevchenko, Totti et al hiding away, just off the needles ready to swoop in once the takeover's completed.

LMFAO, squirm squirm squirm...

i tell you something if he has something to shout about he'll be here all day spouting it.If it is a disaster he will slink away, until he can gloat about something.

Al-Fahim deal off. Storrie taking over with David Dein.

Pure speculation picked up from the skate message boards - does have a ring of truth to it though when you look at Storrie's demeanour at their fish fest last night.

Thant's what I thought.

I suspect not soon enough to get much done before the end of August though.

We'll see...

Could be a lifeline for them but they still need somebody with a LOT of money this won't stop them running at a loss.

Especially if they are still paying Sacha 15%.

Thant's what I thought.

I suspect not soon enough to get much done before the end of August though.

We'll see...

Could be a lifeline for them but they still need somebody with a LOT of money this won't stop them running at a loss.

Especially if they are still paying Sacha 15%.

And don't they have to pay a large wad to their bank at the end of this month too?

I wonder if Gaydamek has swallowed a big loss, knowing that the Dr has played him along he probably would rather have Dein in there instead and might even have some kind of cash back deal in a few years. Dein is a smart man, i doubt he would be risking much, and without a doubt with his contacts at the FA could pull a few strings to get the FAPPT through.

Sorry old chum but you're getting to look more and more like a complete arse... Sadly its all back up by fact...

Allow me to show you...

Like it or not for 50 years we were above you. Fact. Now you're above us but rather than concentrate on that you drone on and on about the attendance record of the Dell. Like it or not, when the Premier League started The Dellhad an average 95% capacity. Fact.

True. Ask anyone on here how difficult it was to get tickets at the Dell in the Premiership

Average league attendance during the Premiership years never dipped below 14,689

Check this as proof:

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/soto.htm

So you're wrong there...

Another fact is during the early to mid 90's Fratton was 60% empty. Fact

From 1990 to 1997 your average attendance plummeted. Average figures of as little as 8269, rising to a peak of 13695 but for FIVE years you average attendance of less than 10,000 with some individual attendances as low as 4,682! Would you like me to publish some of the indiviual stats?

Check this as proof:

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/porm.htm

It must really hurt that despite being in League One, as opposed the the old Div 2, we've maintained good attendances.

As proved by our average attendances in the Championship of no less than 21,254

Check this as proof... oh you get the gist...

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/soto.htm

The harsh truth is that when things are average, saints fans are average. When the going gets tough, they're bloody amazing. Pompey fans on the other hand get on the clubs back and stay away. If Fratton was two thirds empty when times were hards, what does that say about your support?

Now here you're right if we go by averages, you were half empty but if you go by individual games there were games where you were actually two thirds empty. My personal favourite being Oxford at home in 1991 with an attendance of 4,682

So with links and facts being proven, perhaps you'd like to apologise...

You've gotta be joking! Thing is that you will always be able to dredge up stats on individual games, or very selective periods in history. it's the only way you can attempt to justify your position.

What matters is the OVERALL pitcture.....

http://www.nufc.com/2009-10html/attendance-all-time.html

I want to know how on earth pompey are still in contention to host FIFA world cup games..

Because we're supposed to have a 40k+ stadium in time for 2018. Still plenty of time....I think :confused:

Yes you bought the trophy with money you didnt have and now should pay the price, that would be fair would it not?

We may well have 'bought' that trophy. You on the other hand bought a new ground, that you also couldn't afford. On that basis I think we're about even...

How s/ts sold?

This is becoming a regular thing with you nick isn't it?

they are even more gullible and deluded than we were after the wilde affair..

they really think they will be hosting 2018 world cup games..

LOL of the day

There's 9 years to go yet ffs...

Why are the tickets going to be cheaper when you have a new stadium because you can fit in 10k more? You have to pay for the stadium somehow you know, it's not going to be self funding! You'll be going from 0 stadium debt to 50m at a minimum.

Because we'll take more money by selling more seats at a slightly lower cost...

Pure speculation picked up from the skate message boards - does have a ring of truth to it though when you look at Storrie's demeanour at their fish fest last night.

Yep, I've heard this one also. Interesting......

And don't they have to pay a large wad to their bank at the end of this month too?

Purely speculating (as everybody else is) but I would have thought that the player sales to date must have raised enough to pay the bank... if not then they are really screwed.

The difficulty for them will be funding operating costs during the period to January.

If (IF) they were losing the £2m a month previously reported then they still won't be breaking even on a cash basis and will need significant further funding just to pay wages.

DD may be able to provide this preventing the need for further player sales, or he may not...