Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Calm down Nick, you do yourself a dis-service with the anti-muslim stuff. Its infantile and embaressing, (like our inbred cousins down the road). Please retract and act like an adult - not like a tw*t.
It was not anti Muslim.. It was aimed at the subserviant Ho,whose tongue would put Kleenex out of business.

Although not Saints related I thought, today of all days, this news (which has just come to me from an excellent well-placed source in P*mpey) deserves a position on the main forum. I am told news of the collapse will officially emerge in the next few days.

This is not a wind-up. I don't usually "do" gloating but with the mod's permission can I indulge myself just a little?

Perhaps today (July 8th) should now be made a public holiday in Hants.

If you are a true football fan, then you should be ashamed of yourself. Top level football in the South of England is hanging by a thread, Saints almost went under, Bournemouth are teetering on the brink and now our only premier League side is nearing wipe-out. Rivalry or not how can that be good.

I wish absolutely to disassociate myself from your ill considered nonsense.

If you are a true football fan, then you should be ashamed of yourself. Top level football in the South of England is hanging by a thread, Saints almost went under, Bournemouth are teetering on the brink and now our only premier League side is nearing wipe-out. Rivalry or not how can that be good.

Bournemouth i dont think are teetering on the brink. Saints are now safe and Pompey have the chance of their 3rd sugar daddy.I wouldnt worry too much about the state of south coast football.Pompey will still be around but it would be nioce hjust to have that smirk wiped from their faces and also having a level playing field

Wind it in! Why the hell wouldnt we gloat if they suffer?

We are Billionaires now, they have nothing. If we cant gloat about that, then what can we celebrate. I dont support 'southern' football I support Saints and being a Saints fan means I hate Pompey and want them to suffer.

If you cant handle that, go follow cricket!

Bournemouth i dont think are teetering on the brink. Saints are now safe and Pompey have the chance of their 3rd sugar daddy.I wouldnt worry too much about the state of south coast football.Pompey will still be around but it would be nioce hjust to have that smirk wiped from their faces and also having a level playing field
Maybe not on the brink, but not looking good either. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bournemouth/8149820.stm

Like the man said - go follow cricket or at least get a sense of humour.

Last post from me, but I have to say, this bought a tear to my eyes:

Chelsea

Year League Attendance

1984 2 21.120

1983 2 12.672

1982 2 13.132

1981 2 18.897

1980 2 23.266

Southampton

Year League Attendance

1984 1 18.089

1983 1 18.799

1982 1 21.835

1981 1 21.482

1980 1 21.335

Just a quibble but weren't Chelsea in the 2nd division (today's championship) during those years?

Nick Nack, I'm sure I'm not the only one that pictures you standing in front of your laptop stamping your little feet in fury and scweaming and scweaming until you're sick at the mere temerity of Pompey to be in the top flight. I'll answer a few of your points.

1. Our promotion season was largely underwritten by the £5.5m we got for Crouch from Villa, not from a massive influx of cash by Mandaric. Yes, we paid higher wages than most other club but that was because we bought a player cheap and sold him for big money, just what you've always tried to do.

2. Morally bankrupt - ROTFPMSL. You are Ron Manager aren't you.

3. We weren't bankrupt. We'd been bought by that point. Just like you have now.

Why should we still be in the lower leagues any more than you should? It's this ridiculous entitlement you feel that you belong in the top flight that makes me laugh more than anything. Give it up you childish cretin

Crouchs fee went towards your promotion season but MM still bankrolled you, in a season that all the other clubs were reeling from the loss of major tv revenue.It was a gimme to any club that was backed.

Morally bankrupt yes, a club that stinks from top to bottom.

You were in administration and MM saved you.No different to Saints in that respect of course. You then embarked on a spending spree that makes the government look cautious. A 2-3 year overspend that enabled you to punch above your weight and sign players on high wages well beyond your means. If there was justice you would now pay for it, but again a sugar daddy has bailed you out in the nick of time.

As for me getting wound up, you are so far from the truth.I know that you are the one who does and Wigan of the South are still alive and kicking and for a few more years you will be able to come on here and give it the big one. When the roles are reversed you will disappear. As you cant take the stick like all men who suffer from small man syndrome.

FWIW, I have more animosity towards Bournemouth than I do with the Skates. Reason being is that Portsmouth are understandably our traditional rivals and are to a certain extent, forgiven for their hatred towards us. The feelings mutual, and its natural that we both dislike eachother.

Bournemouth, however, act up like they are the Skates' little brother. Will always remember their incessant begging in the past but they were very quick resort to the 'scummers' jibes when they temporarily got back on an even keel. I can accept banter and hatred from Portsmouth but from Bournemouth, no.

it comes up page not found.They have just been taken over by a consortium, so surely ok.
Works fine here.

Bournemouth have had a winding-up petition against them adjourned for at least three months.

The League Two club have been given the time to make a payment to HM Revenues and Customs, who had issued the winding-up petition.

HMRC confirmed they have given the Cherries time to ensure they can service the debt, and the case will now be heard in 12 weeks' time.

The Cherries are now looking to get their League transfer embargo lifted.

The south-coast club's new chairman Eddie Mitchell revealed earlier this month that an interim payment was made to HMRC soon after the Murry Group completed their takeover at Dean Court

Can someone tell me why so many Pompey fans contribute on a Saints forum?

Haven't they got their own to inhabit?

I don't mind, plenty on here are worthwhile contributors and they do make for good banter, to be fair. Still haven't got used to being the poorer relations (so to speak) of them, but deep down, I think many of them know what we went through (after all, they had a pretty rough time at some points in the past twenty years) and I'd be very doubtful if any of them really, truly wanted to see us go out of business.

Because we support Southampton not 'Top level football in the South of England'. FFS we do have some right goons supporting us. Someone upset because our main rivals might be in trouble. :rolleyes: If they don't get taken over they aren't going to be 'wiped out'.

FWIW, I have more animosity towards Bournemouth than I do with the Skates. Reason being is that Portsmouth are understandably our traditional rivals and are to a certain extent, forgiven for their hatred towards us. The feelings mutual, and its natural that we both dislike eachother.

Bournemouth, however, act up like they are the Skates' little brother. Will always remember their incessant begging in the past but they were very quick resort to the 'scummers' jibes when they temporarily got back on an even keel. I can accept banter and hatred from Portsmouth but from Bournemouth, no.

Spot on, living here in Poole I meet plenty of Boscombe supporters and they're all "Scummers this" and "Scummers that". Personally I couldn't give a monkeys if they went out of business. With Eddie Mitchell at the helm, there's a good chance of that happening.

I thought you were off to support Arsenal anyway?

As much as I can't stand Poopey, I want us both at the top of the premiership scrapping for first place. With us always coming out on top of course, with them always coming second and never getting the cigar.

That is my fantasy football.

Spoken like a true scumpy,,,,,,this skate salutes you=D>:smt023

Calm down Nick, you do yourself a dis-service with the anti-muslim stuff. Its infantile and embaressing, (like our inbred cousins down the road). Please retract and act like an adult - not like a tw*t.

Don't be so precious ffs, its banter, I will assume you are not a muslim but feel the need to be offended on behalf of all muslims, too many like you around at the minute.

The thought of our club going to the wall was painfull, do I wish some of that pain on those down the road, yeah, why not ? really, why not ? that is part of the rivalry is it not, you know, wishing that your rivals are doing alot worse than you are, a luxury they have had for too long now. If any one believes they will not be around for a very long time to come is deluded, if not this guy another will be wheeled out, its simply how big a pill the Gay one has to swallow.

Can someone tell me why so many Pompey fans contribute on a Saints forum?

Haven't they got their own to inhabit?

pony fiddlers that manège to post on the skate board is Granty and a few others, If Steve starts a bit of banter the mods throw there dummies and lock the thread ,,,,,,,,FF i ask you, where is the fun in rivals if you cant have a bit of Banter,,,,We are lucky the mods on this forum are not so narrow minded;)

Ps,,,instead of wishing us to fall to your Leval Get your arses back to ours, this is were the real fun is,

We are Billionaires now, they have nothing. If we cant gloat about that, then what can we celebrate. I dont support 'southern' football I support Saints and being a Saints fan means I hate Pompey and want them to suffer.

Idjut.........It doesn't follow, that if you support Saints you have to hate Poopy. I may not like them.........but I wouldn't want them to go out of business!!!!!!!!

pony fiddlers that manège to post on the skate board is Granty and a few others, If Steve starts a bit of banter the mods throw there dummies and lock the thread ,,,,,,,,FF i ask you, where is the fun in rivals if you cant have a bit of Banter,,,,We are lucky the mods on this forum are not so narrow minded;)

Ps,,,instead of wishing us to fall to your Leval Get your arses back to ours, this is were the real fun is,

Instead of being on the Pompey board he should be working in the forum match DVD. Im sure talking to the backward lot on POL he must get a government grant

I guess you are under the age of 15 ? :neutral:

The skates will either be taken over or not. Even if they are they will be playing catchup all season as they won't be able to get their first choice manager or players in.

Football is bankcrupt, both morally and financially. It is propped up by a few rich businessmen and benfactors. Any business that does not wash it's face will eventually go under or suffer a steady decline as Chelsea and Man City will find out. The likes of Arsenal and Man Utd are run as commercial operations (I note their debts) that return operating profits.

Both Saints and Pompey have the support base to sustain a lower prem, upper CCC level club with Saints having the infrastructure to go a bit higher. We have a rich new owner but I would trade the rollercoaster to get back to stability and viability.

Crouchs fee went towards your promotion season but MM still bankrolled you, in a season that all the other clubs were reeling from the loss of major tv revenue.It was a gimme to any club that was backed.

Morally bankrupt yes, a club that stinks from top to bottom.

You were in administration and MM saved you.No different to Saints in that respect of course. You then embarked on a spending spree that makes the government look cautious. A 2-3 year overspend that enabled you to punch above your weight and sign players on high wages well beyond your means. If there was justice you would now pay for it, but again a sugar daddy has bailed you out in the nick of time.

As for me getting wound up, you are so far from the truth.I know that you are the one who does and Wigan of the South are still alive and kicking and for a few more years you will be able to come on here and give it the big one. When the roles are reversed you will disappear. As you cant take the stick like all men who suffer from small man syndrome.

Nick, remind us what small man syndrome is,please? is it better than other prejudices?

or worse?

perhaps a 1-10 list of best prejudices would help us!

Thanks.

The skates will either be taken over or not. Even if they are they will be playing catchup all season as they won't be able to get their first choice manager or players in.

Football is bankcrupt, both morally and financially. It is propped up by a few rich businessmen and benfactors. Any business that does not wash it's face will eventually go under or suffer a steady decline as Chelsea and Man City will find out. The likes of Arsenal and Man Utd are run as commercial operations (I note their debts) that return operating profits.

Both Saints and Pompey have the support base to sustain a lower prem, upper CCC level club with Saints having the infrastructure to go a bit higher. We have a rich new owner but I would trade the rollercoaster to get back to stability and viability.

Well said that man (or woman)! :smt023

*sigh* How many more times is this sick lie going to be peddled? That incident ocurred in Swansea, not Southsea. You see, different spelling. Try to take it slowly now, s w a n s e a , geddit? And now, s o u t h s e a- see? Different spelling, different place ffs......

Apparently you're the inbred ****wit for mistaking Portsmouth for South Wales

These fishboys certainly take their paedophilia seriously. I bet they didnt even have to look that up

There was an interesting quote in the arab press when he was interviewed about buying the club. He said,

I think it was poor translation .... what he really said was ...

... " I've not just bought a football club, I've bought a sh*t hole " ......

... (which is on a par with any in Port Said ):)

If we are going to debate with 'them' then lets get facts right, port said is in Egypt, don't know what that has to do with a guy from the UAE? Unless I am missing some sort of point?

Don't be so precious ffs, its banter, I will assume you are not a muslim but feel the need to be offended on behalf of all muslims, too many like you around at the minute.

The thought of our club going to the wall was painfull, do I wish some of that pain on those down the road, yeah, why not ? really, why not ? that is part of the rivalry is it not, you know, wishing that your rivals are doing alot worse than you are, a luxury they have had for too long now. If any one believes they will not be around for a very long time to come is deluded, if not this guy another will be wheeled out, its simply how big a pill the Gay one has to swallow.

Its not banter mate because his comments had nothing really to do with anything relevant to the takeover, yepo their supposed new buyer is a muslim, so what? So why bring in that 'praying to the Mecca stuff', its not neccessary really and makes you look like something that perhaps you aren't, whic I am sure NickH isn't as usually he comes across very well.

Its not banter mate because his comments had nothing really to do with anything relevant to the takeover, yepo their supposed new buyer is a muslim, so what? So why bring in that 'praying to the Mecca stuff', its not neccessary really and makes you look like something that perhaps you aren't, whic I am sure NickH isn't as usually he comes across very well.

Yep! Apart from anything else, there are so many other targets to go for. Personally I always enjoy the fact they built a new shopping centre, but forgot to add a roof. Doh!

Less than an hour ago BBC reporting that everything going swimmingly for the takeover bid. Could your info have been wrong FF?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/low/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8150864.stm

That headline is misleading.

Due diligence is finished... so what?! The fact they now want to renegotiate the price is hardly indicative of an impending completion.

"We are now making a final commercial assessment with information obtained through the due diligence process," said Al Fahim's advisor Ivo Ilic Gabara.

"We will then sit down and negotiate a final price based on how much both parties think the club is worth.

Frankly, they could be miles apart. "A commercial assesment" - sounds like it's in the balance to me.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})