Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

And just to put the sugar on the icing on the cake... Rupert is gone!! For the first time in over a decade we can categorically say he wont be back. He owns no shares. The club is owned by a single wealthy benefactor. There is officially no chance of him coming over the hills in a white horse (or lame ass) with an army of local businessmen to bring Total f**king Football back to Southampton.

Can you PM this to Saint Richmond? Mind you, he still won`t believe it.

Gaydamak probably introduced him to their number one fan, Mr Westwood.;)

Westwood probably jumped the gun and had the new owner's name tattooed on his bum, so he'll have to get that removed.

Surely, not even in Skatesville, could you find a tattooist that would go anywhere near Westwood's @rse!

Didn't miss the pun, 'Living On The Frontline'!

Time for a drink @ The Soul Cellar?

Shall we invite Adrian, age 12 and a half?

Last line made me laugh, we could always meet in the 19th at Stoneham or the canteen at Fords.

Now that was a good thread.

Edited by Toomer

Although not Saints related I thought, today of all days, this news (which has just come to me from an excellent well-placed source in P*mpey) deserves a position on the main forum. I am told news of the collapse will officially emerge in the next few days.

This is not a wind-up. I don't usually "do" gloating but with the mod's permission can I indulge myself just a little?

Perhaps today (July 8th) should now be made a public holiday in Hants.

I wonder how long it will take for Mark Jackson to come in with a yet another consortium in an attempt to rescue them as he's successfully done at Bournemouth and Saints already ?

I wouldnt want the skates to go out of business either, but I know somebody with a large truck that could shift fratton park in one trip.

It will save Pompey Council a fortune and there would be little damage done to the environment.

...in fact, it would improve it.:)

Although not Saints related I thought, today of all days, this news (which has just come to me from an excellent well-placed source in P*mpey) deserves a position on the main forum. I am told news of the collapse will officially emerge in the next few days.

This is not a wind-up. I don't usually "do" gloating but with the mod's permission can I indulge myself just a little?

Perhaps today (July 8th) should now be made a public holiday in Hants.

Sad t'say, that this maybe a little off the mark. Dunc has awesome contacts and is the most trustworthy of sources...however I am led to believe that 'hic-ups' are as bad as pompo are suffering on this one....

And just to put the sugar on the icing on the cake... Rupert is gone!! For the first time in over a decade we can categorically say he wont be back. He owns no shares. The club is owned by a single wealthy benefactor. There is officially no chance of him coming over the hills in a white horse (or lame ass) with an army of local businessmen to bring Total f**king Football back to Southampton.

That statement fills me with glee, makes me shimmy, moonwalk and dance a merry jig. In fact, I had to stop and pour myself a large gin and tonic such was the good feeling of that rather excellent post!

:smt039

I was with a skate 'friend' yesterday-ST holder. He said 2 key things...1. He hoped Saints got a good buyer & 2. He didn't want Arab money at his club. Looks like he got both wishes. I would not want them to go under, but a return to their lower league status would be sweet indeed.

It's brilliant.:)

Just remember the disrespecting of Ted's silence and that ****tard p!ssing on the seats at SMS before you start feeling sorry for them....

In truth, they are a long way from going bust... I can't see the Prem income and all their high paid players leaving meaning they'll go into admin next season but no buyer means they will probably go down next year and then the fun will start

I was with a skate 'friend' yesterday-ST holder. He said 2 key things...1. He hoped Saints got a good buyer & 2. He didn't want Arab money at his club. Looks like he got both wishes. I would not want them to go under, but a return to their lower league status would be sweet indeed.

To be fair,if the rumour about Pompey is as accurate as all the takeover rumours about Southampton have been in just the last 3 weeks, lets alone the last 2 years then right now they have no need to start worrying. My immediate thought on reading this post was that ITK posters could no longer bleat it about us so have switched ends of the M27.

Gaydamak probably introduced him to their number one fan, Mr Westwood.;)

Westwood probably jumped the gun and had the new owner's name tattooed on his bum, so he'll have to get that removed.

A facelift you mean?

I hope they get taken over by Rupert Lowe.

Absolutely brilliant, quite a decent conversation going on and someone pops up with this! Made me lmao twice over, just as I got over it I read it again and creased up lol I wouldn't think Lowe would pass the "Fit and Proper" test the FA do or what ever it is they call it but how nice would it be to have him in charge at Krap Nottarf

Just remember the disrespecting of Ted's silence and that ****tard p!ssing on the seats at SMS before you start feeling sorry for them....

In truth, they are a long way from going bust... I can't see the Prem income and all their high paid players leaving meaning they'll go into admin next season but no buyer means they will probably go down next year and then the fun will start

Billy - it was a smallish number who did that and I was equally p1ssed off by some of our fans who got dragged into it and started jeering them instead of respecting the silence themselves - in my opinion that was even worse. I don't want to see any club in trouble but have no problem with seeing some of their fans taken down a peg or two.

Spot on.

A few years of the sharp fall from footballing grace that we've enjoyed recently is just what they deserve!

Edited by Quickfire Double
Spell check facilities have made me lazy...

To be fair,if the rumour about Pompey is as accurate as all the takeover rumours about Southampton have been in just the last 3 weeks, lets alone the last 2 years then right now they have no need to start worrying. My immediate thought on reading this post was that ITK posters could no longer bleat it about us so have switched ends of the M27.

Exactly - methinks that some of our ITKers have been way off the mark and not exactly covered themself in glory. Others appear to want to claim that they know what is going on without actually telling us, which is obviously about as much use as TO a F. Others tried to confuse us by posting such cryptographic information if would have taken a bloody enigma to work out what they were claiming. Will be interesting to see if this latest 'claim' is accurate or whether all those posters who have gone taunting down on the pompey boards are about to have egg on their faces and have to eat large chunks of humble pie.

If we learned nothing else over the past 94 days, we should at least have learned to wait until it is a 'done deal' (or not as the case maybe) before we go shouting our mouths off and claiming the moral high ground.

Edited by Micky

Originally Posted by Arizona

That a nice feeling

not as nice as being confirmed as safe (and hopefully prospering over the next few years) but still pretty damn sweet.

It may not have been all him but **** me he was a pompus man.

TBH, i had no major gripe with him - thought they were all pretty much the same - bickering like children! But, now they are all gone ! NICE

As a collegue(sp) said to me today, you have'nt smiled while talking about saints for over 2 years! Too true :)

Onwards and upwards, here's to stability, solid leadership and a united fanbase - we are all red & white inside

COYR

Forever and always a saint

Em

Yawn.

The source of all this joy: The Sun

Whose investigations in the Gulf have revealed.....er....well........didly sqat

Yawn

That should be "squat". Mind you your ground would probably only be accepted as one by the most hard up of homeless people!

Don't want to see the skates disappear, but their natural level is probably League One. I look forward to seeing them hurtle towards it as we pull away back to our natural territory...

Afraid thats ********, Pompey survived a decade in the Championship with a far inferior squad to the one you went down with last year.

Afraid thats ********, Pompey survived a decade in the Championship with a far inferior squad to the one you went down with last year.

Interesting contrast isn't it - SFC now owned by a man of unimpeachable credentials and reputation compared to PFC's position built on the back Russian arms dealing to poor 3rd world countries . A brief glance at any Ordnance Survey map will clearly show exactly where the moral high ground in Hampshire lies doesn't it ?

I want the skates to survive and contraversially to remain in the same league as us where ever we may end up. Why, well I want the opportunity to stuff them at least twice a year, may be more if you throw in a couple of cup games.

Yes but to be fair Southampton fans have been predicting Pompeys relegation every year since they achieved promotion and it hasn't happened. In fact during that time Southampton have slipped to the THIRD tier of English football. Perhaps rather than focus on this obsession with Portsmouth and all the pain that that invokes should set sights on more realistic local rivals such as Bournemouth or Swindon otherwise just sounds like bitter jealousy. I mean really look at the relative fixture lists next season not to mention the playing squads and then take a sharp rerality check.

Yes but to be fair Southampton fans have been predicting Pompeys relegation every year since they achieved promotion and it hasn't happened. In fact during that time Southampton have slipped to the THIRD tier of English football. Perhaps rather than focus on this obsession with Portsmouth and all the pain that that invokes should set sights on more realistic local rivals such as Bournemouth or Swindon otherwise just sounds like bitter jealousy. I mean really look at the relative fixture lists next season not to mention the playing squads and then take a sharp rerality check.

Troll.

I've just spoken with my brother who works out in the Middle East. there may (although not certain) be some truth in what FF is saying.

Apparently al Fahim (or whatever he's called) is a 'showboater' who has very little wealth himself. He made money only because he was mates with a prince and the prince put him in charge of the property business. It seems they have since fallen out and the prince has sacked him and pushed him away from Man City because he was shooting his mouth off.

The way business seems to work out there, if the Prince in Abu Dhabi has 'blackballed' him, the chances of al Fahim raising funds from anyone else in Abu Dhabi is likely to be quite remote.

Deluded we may be Muller but we have the Billionaire owner (FACT) and yours is still in the balance (RUMOUR) and you know what they say about smoke and fires !!

Lets just wait and see how quickly you lot go back underneath your stones if your wealthy buyer doesn't come good.

But we will find you!!

LOL. Does a thread about Pompey's proposed takeover that reaches three pages in a couple of hours once again demonstrate just how little you care about Pompey? :D FWIW, while the deal could still fall apart I was told yesterday by someone who's actually involved in the takeover that whilst there were still a few issues to sort out it's still very much on. Time will tell I guess, but I wouldn't laugh too loudly too soon if I were you. I'm not party to the whole thing but if the rumour about where the money's coming from (and how much of it there is ready to be used on players and improving the club) are true you lot are going to be pig sick.

Interesting contrast isn't it - SFC now owned by a man of unimpeachable credentials and reputation compared to PFC's position built on the back Russian arms dealing to poor 3rd world countries . A brief glance at any Ordnance Survey map will clearly show exactly where the moral high ground in Hampshire lies doesn't it ?

Err, I think you'll find that Pompey's position is built on loans from banks rather than any money from Gaydamak. Britain's position in the world however is more than partly built on arms dealing. If you really find arms dealing that distasteful and want to assume a moral high ground I suggest you emigrate.

I've just spoken with my brother who works out in the Middle East. there may (although not certain) be some truth in what FF is saying.

Apparently al Fahim (or whatever he's called) is a 'showboater' who has very little wealth himself. He made money only because he was mates with a prince and the prince put him in charge of the property business. It seems they have since fallen out and the prince has sacked him and pushed him away from Man City because he was shooting his mouth off.

The way business seems to work out there, if the Prince in Abu Dhabi has 'blackballed' him, the chances of al Fahim raising funds from anyone else in Abu Dhabi is likely to be quite remote.

I assume you're talking about Hydra Properties here. Rather than being "sacked" Al Fahim is no longer CEO of Hydra but is still a main board director of the company. As for raising the money from Abu Dhabi, that's not where it's rumoured to be coming from. Try Germany.

Strange, this is the first post I've seen about them practically all summer long.

skate mate tells me that Peter Tells Stories is in Paris trying to convince Roberto Mancini to become their next manager so therefore the deal must still be on. I'm convinced. Honest.

I assume you're talking about Hydra Properties here. Rather than being "sacked" Al Fahim is no longer CEO of Hydra but is still a main board director of the company.

If he is still on the baord does that not mean that one company would have vested interests in both Man City AND Portsmouth. Is that allowed?

Does he live in a semi-detached in a North Abu Dhabi suburb with his parents?

I assume you're talking about Hydra Properties here. Rather than being "sacked" Al Fahim is no longer CEO of Hydra but is still a main board director of the company. As for raising the money from Abu Dhabi, that's not where it's rumoured to be coming from. Try Germany.

Aren't questions being asked about Hydra's method of operation. Isn't it a sort of Ponzi scheme? Fit and proper eh?

I think we should sit back and wait. We have the warm glow of the takeover. Ho has had more info than MI5 fed to him.If it wasnt the training ground, it was that they had just started the redevelopment of FP, and then the great big stadium definitely going ahead, then Germans, Arabs, Finnish, Russian, American takeovers. To be fair they havent had the TL type events but to outdo us im sure they will. If i was a Pompey fan the only thing that would really worry me is that they sold their top player who had just signed a 5year contract. If they were to be taken over by a multi billionaire i would have thought he would have stopped the sale and said we will build the team around him. Not sell but hold and buy.

I still think they will get the deal, they always get the luck in these last 5-10years

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})