Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Which star players are these then? :smt017

Southampton FC .........cost 12.5 million

Crouch .......... Offer to buy him for 13 million (in todays Mail)(Sunderland)

Ooops

"the deal to buy Portsmouth was signed in Paris a few days ago" the PL have the request for FAPP at their offices as of last night. He could be turned down by them, but as he is a goodwill ambassador for the UN, it would take a mightily brave PL person to do that,one would think.

So the '80% done deal' relates to the FAPP rather than the actual purchase apparently.

As this has taken so long to get to this stage one can only assume that the doctor was more dilligent than the German crane dealer, who did his DD in a very short time.

Until the deal is done and the money has changed hands anything can happen in these things - as we well know!

I wouldn't take much notice of Fitzhugh's "well placed source" either, there have been plenty of well placed people on here coming out with all sorts of rubbish. Chances are the Arab will buy them.

Southampton FC .........cost 12.5 million

Crouch .......... Offer to buy him for 13 million (in todays Mail)(Sunderland)

Ooops

"the deal to buy Portsmouth was signed in Paris a few days ago" the PL have the request for FAPP at their offices as of last night. He could be turned down by them, but as he is a goodwill ambassador for the UN, it would take a mightily brave PL person to do that,one would think.

So the '80% done deal' relates to the FAPP rather than the actual purchase apparently.

As this has taken so long to get to this stage one can only assume that the doctor was more dilligent than the German crane dealer, who did his DD in a very short time.

I thought that the FAPP worry was that there could have been others in the Consortium who might not be acceptable, people like Shinawatra for example. Or is the bid coming just from Fahim? He doesn't seem to be worth all that much in comparison to our owner for a change. But just to correct an inaccuracy in your post, ML is not the crane dealer. He has his own engineering businesses, but even the family are actual manufacturers, not dealers. It's a bit like calling Henry Ford a car dealer. Is your guy entitled to call himself Doctor? And that "Al" thing; is it a bit like "Al" Fayed? He isn't entitled to use that as I understand it. Is your guy?.

I reckon I know what's going on. After all, we're all experts here, aren't we :D

Al Fahim knows that they've got to pay a load of dosh to their bank next month or go bust. So he'll leave it to the last minute to do the deal because he can strike a harder bargain then.

It won't happen IMO.........that said, he would be a fool to buy it before the bank gets it's wedge......still interesting month for our fishy friends;)

heart says they are heading for oblivion, but head fears it will go through eventually.

Maybe -

1. He can't raise all of the cash without some dodgy backing - he needs more than £100million immediately, then a further £20-30M for the team, £100M for a stadium, training ground, big wage bill etc - this is not a great investment, Newcastle looks like a bargain, you would do better finding a well-structured and supported club with a good ground and huge fanbase that has fallen on hard times, you can get them for under £15M and they are great!

or maybe

2. They are haggling over the price because the landscape is changing by the day - players going, debt repayment due, difficult to nail down what they are buying.

3. He has the funds but is holding out for a price knowing they are desperate to sell.

4. He has the funding but the league will give him the big thumbs down.

5. He lives with his mum and dad in Barnet.

Next four weeks will decide their next ten years, wouldn't want them to go out of business.

But would like them to plummet down through a dozen divisions.

heart says they are heading for oblivion, but head fears it will go through eventually.

Maybe -

1. He can't raise all of the cash without some dodgy backing - he needs more than £100million immediately, then a further £20-30M for the team, £100M for a stadium, training ground, big wage bill etc - this is not a great investment, Newcastle looks like a bargain, you would do better finding a well-structured and supported club with a good ground and huge fanbase that has fallen on hard times, you can get them for under £15M and they are great!

or maybe

2. They are haggling over the price because the landscape is changing by the day - players going, debt repayment due, difficult to nail down what they are buying.

3. He has the funds but is holding out for a price knowing they are desperate to sell.

4. He has the funding but the league will give him the big thumbs down.

5. He lives with his mum and dad in Barnet.

Next four weeks will decide their next ten years, wouldn't want them to go out of business.

But would like them to plummet down through a dozen divisions.

No matter what pompy say, if he has his head screwed on he would buy Newcastle, much bigger club than pompy. Maybe he is going to have a look at it and has pompy as a fall back! Just a guess

Hopefully this drags out long enough that they have to sell a couple more players and it's completed late enough that there's no time to bring players in.

As it is they're going to struggle, if they lose a couple more they will be in for a long season. Even if they get Mancini (LOL)

I'd love to be at Wembley next May knowing that if we win, we get to play them cvnts twice next season.

Although not Saints related I thought, today of all days, this news (which has just come to me from an excellent well-placed source in P*mpey) deserves a position on the main forum. I am told news of the collapse will officially emerge in the next few days.

This is not a wind-up. I don't usually "do" gloating but with the mod's permission can I indulge myself just a little?

Perhaps today (July 8th) should now be made a public holiday in Hants.

did it collapse?

According to "5 Live" tonight the deal is far from near finalisation because although DD is complete there is still a wide chasm on agreement on the price and, even if it is agreed, finance has not yet been arranged. Reading between the lines they were saying it looks dodgy.

Storrie lies like a cheap watch and Sky buy the deceit. (They bought the Pinnacle story, remember, hook line and sinker).

I remain confident in my source (despite aintforever's doubts) and I would still put a large sum on the fact this "Jacko in a dish dash" cannot and does not want to deliver. He is an attention seeker.

Something isn't right. I reckon it still boils down to the price and if the they cannot get the price down...they'll walk IMO.

If i was a pompey fan, regargless of the statement released tonight, i'd be very nervous. - they look set to have a disastrous pre-season.

I said it before (probably on this thread):

IF the guy has the moolah (and I'm not convinced he has) I reckon he'll wait until the very last minute. They have to pay a large wedge to their bank next month and if the takeover isn't completed by then, my guess is that they'll have real problems.

He'll know that so will wait til the last minute and then drop his price substantially.

That's my guess. C'mon guys - we know how it works. We're the experts, after all :)

Something isn't right. I reckon it still boils down to the price and if the they cannot get the price down...they'll walk IMO.

If i was a pompey fan, regargless of the statement released tonight, i'd be very nervous. - they look set to have a disastrous pre-season.

Indeed. Completion of due diligence just means the purchaser has gone over the books. Doesn't necessarily mean the purchaser will complete.

Another two weeks is a long time in pre season and won't give them much time for the Sven/McClaren dream ticket to buy all the world class mega star galacticos not already signed by Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter, Man City and Sunderland.

Indeed. Completion of due diligence just means the purchaser has gone over the books. Doesn't necessarily mean the purchaser will complete.

If they are asking £60 million but selling players like Johnson and Crouch, I expect that their sheik will want to pay less.

If you pull out of the deal "due diligence will be complete". It means nothing.

This guy sounds like a bit of a bounder really. I reckon he might regret going public so early. The question is, can he withdraw gracefully or has he now shafted himself to the point where he has to complete in order to save face?

I imagine he is hoping to complete but at a much lower price than Gaydamak was after.

According to "5 Live" tonight the deal is far from near finalisation because although DD is complete there is still a wide chasm on agreement on the price and, even if it is agreed, finance has not yet been arranged. Reading between the lines they were saying it looks dodgy.

Storrie lies like a cheap watch and Sky buy the deceit. (They bought the Pinnacle story, remember, hook line and sinker).

I remain confident in my source (despite aintforever's doubts) and I would still put a large sum on the fact this "Jacko in a dish dash" cannot and does not want to deliver. He is an attention seeker.

is this the same press that reported the deal was in collapse weeks ago and that due dilligence would not complete. The same press that upto a week ago were reporting the bid had collapsed and all deals were off. Its funny because each and everytime there has been more rubbish printed, Sulamein via his spokesman has re-assured all that everything is on target for a July conclusion, there have been a few hiccups along the way but they appear to be sorted. Oh and don't forget Shinawatra's involved and the premier league chairman is involved and it's all dodgy and and and and and.....

there will be some negotiation on price I believe (wouldn't you if you had sasha over a barrell as the dodnondoc does)but according a few of the ITK'ers on our board who have actually spoken to some people involved rather than someone who knows someone they are not insurmountable and the deal could be concluded as early as next week depending on the F&PP test by the PL

as a pompey fan I am a natural pessimist and until its on the OS the worry will continue, but in all honesty I am pretty confident this will be done, as you know there are alot of paranoid people around when there's a take over going on and rumours spread like wildfire. None of the press know whats going on as proved by none of their stories verifying to date. Only those in the boardroom know. So, as you know yourselves it's a waiting game.

I was glad you got your buyer and I think if we get our buyer it's a good thing for the South Coast

is this the same press that reported the deal was in collapse weeks ago and that due dilligence would not complete. The same press that upto a week ago were reporting the bid had collapsed and all deals were off. Its funny because each and everytime there has been more rubbish printed, Sulamein via his spokesman has re-assured all that everything is on target for a July conclusion, there have been a few hiccups along the way but they appear to be sorted. Oh and don't forget Shinawatra's involved and the premier league chairman is involved and it's all dodgy and and and and and.....

there will be some negotiation on price I believe (wouldn't you if you had sasha over a barrell as the dodnondoc does)but according a few of the ITK'ers on our board who have actually spoken to some people involved rather than someone who knows someone they are not insurmountable and the deal could be concluded as early as next week depending on the F&PP test by the PL

as a pompey fan I am a natural pessimist and until its on the OS the worry will continue, but in all honesty I am pretty confident this will be done, as you know there are alot of paranoid people around when there's a take over going on and rumours spread like wildfire. None of the press know whats going on as proved by none of their stories verifying to date. Only those in the boardroom know. So, as you know yourselves it's a waiting game.

I was glad you got your buyer and I think if we get our buyer it's a good thing for the South Coast

What, honestly, do you think this bloke's real motives are? Do you think he is genuinely interested and in it for the long haul or is he just trying to impress his mates?

What, honestly, do you think this bloke's real motives are? Do you think he is genuinely interested and in it for the long haul or is he just trying to impress his mates?

property developer but with a keen love of football, should we get to build a new stadium he'll make money somewhere out of it no doubt, we own all of fratton park and some land around it, and if the council allow us to build up in tipner he will have more of an opportunity there too. we still own titchfield golf course FFS lol

who really knows though, why are the arabs in manchester doing what they are doing. If you ask me with the amount of money floating around its all going to go pear shaped sooner or later, it's disgusting what is being spent

Same motives as your guy to try and make money out of it

I thought Radio 5 put an unusual emphasis on mentioning that the league's rules regarding "fit and proper person" were now far stricter than the past, as if that was a doubt? Mind you that may just be the way I wanted to hear it!

Same motives as your guy to try and make money out of it

If that is his motivation he's probably in the wrong game. Not a great deal of scope to actually make money, especially if he's building a stadium as well.

Lots and lots of running to stand still especially in the Prem, as I'm sure you guys know more than us.

The scope to make money, funnily enough, is if you can get a L1 team on the cheap and then get them in the Prem on the cheap, and then sell it to an arab. ;)

I gotta say I would be VERY nervous if I were you and if I'm honest have no sympathy whatsoever. I would however say that I do hope you club does not go out of business. But for it to be this drawn out does smack a bit of a Pinnicle. I do honestly hope I'm wrong.......

can't be r-sed to read all these posts. What is the latest on the poopey takeover? Are they or aren't they taken over by a "member of the Arab peoples which like to wear clothe upon their heads". (sorry, but got an infraction from the School Prefect for using the expression "rag head" so must watch my footing here...lest the Gestapo get me....Run Forest! Run! Don't let the Forum Gestapo get you! Run...)

But seriously, is that A-Rab going to buy the inbreds our what? What is the deal with Pompey right now?

can't be r-sed to read all these posts. What is the latest on the poopey takeover? Are they or aren't they taken over by a "member of the Arab peoples which like to wear clothe upon their heads". (sorry, but got an infraction from the School Prefect for using the expression "rag head" so must watch my footing here...lest the Gestapo get me....Run Forest! Run! Don't let the Forum Gestapo get you! Run...)

But seriously, is that A-Rab going to buy the inbreds our what? What is the deal with Pompey right now?

Don't be such a baby, you got plenty of complaints from your peers too. I'm not exactly sure who you're trying to impress here.

Right. To all those clinging to the hope that we'll be dead and buried by early August, here's a summary of events so far:

Letter of intent (contract agreeing to buy the club at an already agreed price if nothing nasty is found in due diligence) signed in Paris six weeks ago.

Due diligence completed to the satisfacton of the buyer yesterday.

Premier League Fit and proper person test the last hurdle.

He is NOT going to fail the test.

Deal done within the next two weeks. Then we'll find out if he's:

a) A total chancer without a bean to his name who's trying to impress his mates.

or

b) A reasonably wealthy enthusiast i.e. multi millionaire, who's looking to make a few bob on the property side as well as fund a decent level PL oufit.

or

c) A nonothingaboutfootballnumpty with billions to burn who will try to outbid citeh at every turn.

Personally, I suspect b), but the other two scenario's wouldn't surprise me either........

Might get flamed for saying this but.........

I wouldn't wish the last 5 months we have had on any other club (including Pompey).

A lot of Pompey supporters I have met/know are normal, decent people. Like any club (including ours) they have an element of morons who do the club, and themselves, no favours.

Do believe this Arab guy is a Walter Mitty (based on what people out in the Middle East are saying) and raising any sort of finance in the UAE is a nightmare right now.

This isn't to say I want Pompey to do well in the premier league....to be honest, I don't care how they do: I'm more interested in Saints.

I really dont want pompoo to go under, after all their fans feel the same about them as any other supporter, I for one hope and pray that we get promoted and they get relegated so that we can enjoy spanking them next year.

But to be brutally honest I dont care just as long as we head in the right direction and maintain stability. Up the Reds...

Might get flamed for saying this but.........

I wouldn't wish the last 5 months we have had on any other club (including Pompey).

Got to say I agree with this. Local rivalry is one thing, but administration, threat of liquidation etc is totally different.

Anyway, there's no way the Skates are going out of business is there ? As long as they're in the Prem, someone will buy them. I guess the gun-runner will have to take a pretty hefty financial blow, but the club will be OK.

Would be good to play them in the Championship next year though ...

Got to say I agree with this. Local rivalry is one thing, but administration, threat of liquidation etc is totally different.

Anyway, there's no way the Skates are going out of business is there ? As long as they're in the Prem, someone will buy them. I guess the gun-runner will have to take a pretty hefty financial blow, but the club will be OK.

Would be good to play them in the Championship next year though ...

Perhaps a poll

Would you be happy to see Pompey go out of business YES or NO?

Should be a fairly entertaining debate.

And then perhaps the Pompey forum could do similar.

I would lay a fiver that a higher % of Blue fans would vote "yes" than red.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})