Swindon

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Anyone recommend any decent pubs in Swindon

Wetherspoons listed in here in order of closest proximity to the station mate: http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/pubs/index.php?Submit=Go&LatLongId=1670805&SearchPub=SN1%201DQ

Footballgroundguide says this:

Where To Drink?

The County Hotel right by the ground, did not allow entrance to away supporters on my last visit. Best to continue down County Road and seek out the Cricket Club that sits behind the Arkells Stand. As Mark Osborne from Swindon adds; 'On match days home and away fans can park on the cricket ground (for a small fee) and then have access to a drink in the cricket club. This is a very friendly (as well as cheap) club that always welcomes away fans'. I would echo these comments but also add that you can still get into the cricket club (there is no charge) even if you have not parked there. Please note though that the Cricket Club facilities are not available when the Cricket Club is playing a match. This doesn't happen often but can do towards the beginning and end of the football season, when fixtures overlap.

Audrey MacDonald a visiting Hartlepool United fan, recommends 'The Merlin' on Drove Road, near to the magic roundabout. 'Away fans are welcome and they have Sky Sports showing on 12 television screens and even in the gents (according to my husband)'. Alcohol is available within the ground to away fans in the Arkells Stand (but not in the open Stratton Bank End), otherwise if you arrive early Swindon town centre is a 15 minute walk away.

Tickets behind the goal £6 cheaper!

Can't complain about £16 really, that is what it should be at this level, no excuse now for us not taking loads there, cheap tickets, relatively short journey, beautiful summers evening standing on the stratton bank watching saints win a "localish" derby with over 2000 massed behind the goal with another thousand or more on the side. should be a good one

Afternoon successfully booked off work. In the pub from 1pm. Will be absolutely inebriated by kick off.

You'll be inebriated by 4pm, let alone kick off!!!

My rota also sorted today, finishing work at 14:30, should hit Swindon by 4pm.

Someone help me please! I am about to book Swindon tickets, for me and my mate, but would it be a better idea to wait for the tickets behind the goal to become available? Or should I get on and do it??

If you can phone up and ask which ones are available then that would save me a job.

Thanks.

Someone help me please! I am about to book Swindon tickets, for me and my mate, but would it be a better idea to wait for the tickets behind the goal to become available? Or should I get on and do it??

David Luker told me that once the tickets for behind the goal fans will be able to swap if they have already bought for the side stand. Thats what i'll be doing.

am i the only one a bit ****ed off at the behind goal tickets being cheaper having paid out for full price tickets elsewhere?!

but if it rains you might start to think the £6 was money well spent.

Has the side stand sold out yet?

Edited by Chez

any news on the extra allocation cheaper tickets going on sale yet? another example of a process which is a complete shambles, if they are going to let people switch tickets from the side to behind the goal for the cheaper tickets anyway they might as well just get on with it and put them on sale and the end result will be the same

any news on the extra allocation cheaper tickets going on sale yet? another example of a process which is a complete shambles, if they are going to let people switch tickets from the side to behind the goal for the cheaper tickets anyway they might as well just get on with it and put them on sale and the end result will be the same

David Luker told me today that the 500 tickets behind the goal are now on sale.

You going behind the goal then mate?

Rang up today and the ticket office told me it was sold out. I presume we will get more tickets?

I managed to get 8 of the £16 tickets at 10.15 this morning so weren't sold out then, and it says on OS we can get more tickets if we sell the 1,735 we've already been given.

If there is any reference to being sold out it is probably to the initial 1235 in the main stand as all tickets now available are for behind the goal