American Election

CabbageFace

Its pathetic, its like a gameshow not a election.

I agree with this, in the main. Still, I do think it matters, because whether we like it or not, these kind of decisions are tied up with the fate of the world, dictating foreign policy, how we are perceived as cultures, etc etc. It's too easy looking at the here and now; context adds relevence to history. For example - of course we deplore the actions of suicide bombers and terrorists, but there is no doubt that the 'gung ho' often-times outright imperialist foreign policy of the West over the last century - and more - has played at the very least a key role in bringing resentment towards Western society about. Reasonable or otherwise.

I agree with this, in the main. Still, I do think it matters, because whether we like it or not, these kind of decisions are tied up with the fate of the world, dictating foreign policy, how we are perceived as cultures, etc etc. It's too easy looking at the here and now; context adds relevence to history. For example - of course we deplore the actions of suicide bombers and terrorists, but there is no doubt that the 'gung ho' often-times outright imperialist foreign policy of the West over the last century - and more - has played at the very least a key role in bringing resentment towards Western society about. Reasonable or otherwise.

And yet we have no say in who gets the job.

So, while the eventual outcome might affect us, what is the point in giving a Monkeys about who gets in or not?

It does not effect any english people so why the constant updates?

You should care, simply because if the republicans win with the McCain/Palin Ticket either of our futures look bleak, the Republican convention this week has been more like a nazi rally than a party in a so called democracy. Frankly it is quite scary, their foreign policy is bomb first, ask questions later; and what ever they do they are bound to drag us Brits into it, as Jack Kennedy said "Our domestic policy could hurt us, but our foreign policy could kill us".

When I was flying back and forth to the States I really thought that when allowed to vote I would be a republican, however, as always when you live in a country you learn a lot more. Trust me if I could vote it would be Democrat, they are not left wing as portrayed on some of the media over here, in fact I would put them more in line with our conservative party; so where does that leave the republicans I hear you ask, to the right of Ghengis Khan is the answer.

So please take notice as it will havean effect on how you guys vote in a couple of years, my recomendation would be to vote for someone who can tell the Americans to go forth and multiply now and then, but not in so many words.

Their biggest problem over hear and in particular the republicans is that their are only two opinions, theirs and the wrong one, they have no conception of life within the rest of the world.

You should care, simply because if the republicans win with the McCain/Palin Ticket either of our futures look bleak, the Republican convention this week has been more like a nazi rally than a party in a so called democracy. Frankly it is quite scary, their foreign policy is bomb first, ask questions later; and what ever they do they are bound to drag us Brits into it, as Jack Kennedy said "Our domestic policy could hurt us, but our foreign policy could kill us".

When I was flying back and forth to the States I really thought that when allowed to vote I would be a republican, however, as always when you live in a country you learn a lot more. Trust me if I could vote it would be Democrat, they are not left wing as portrayed on some of the media over here, in fact I would put them more in line with our conservative party; so where does that leave the republicans I hear you ask, to the right of Ghengis Khan is the answer.

So please take notice as it will havean effect on how you guys vote in a couple of years, my recomendation would be to vote for someone who can tell the Americans to go forth and multiply now and then, but not in so many words.

Their biggest problem over hear and in particular the republicans is that their are only two opinions, theirs and the wrong one, they have no conception of life within the rest of the world.

Quick, where do we go to vote?

I dont understand all the fuss over this pragnant thingy??

Why does it matter

I think there party were banging on about kids getting up the duff and having sex before they were married and that its wrong.

Dont know why people are so annoyed, politicans are people not robots.:smt048

To be fair, I would think many of the Democrat views would be too right-wing for the Tories!

9iqp0m.jpg

Following Sarah Palin’s emergence on the national stage, the blogosphere lit up with reports that Governor Palin does not actually hail from Wasilla, Alaska but from a planet known as Wazeela.

The tiny planet, which is located some 37,000 miles due east from the Sun, is known to be rich with fossil fuels that lie beneath snow-capped peaks.

Internet reports also cited the particularly short 5-month gestation period of Wazeela females as proof that Palin was, in fact, a Palien.

9iqp0m.jpg

Following Sarah Palin’s emergence on the national stage, the blogosphere lit up with reports that Governor Palin does not actually hail from Wasilla, Alaska but from a planet known as Wazeela.

The tiny planet, which is located some 37,000 miles due east from the Sun, is known to be rich with fossil fuels that lie beneath snow-capped peaks.

Internet reports also cited the particularly short 5-month gestation period of Wazeela females as proof that Palin was, in fact, a Palien.

she's still a MILF