English Defence League Southampton

bigtonesfc

So you counter my facts with opinions?

Good work...

Lol at you...........are you saying, that it is only an opinion, that our infrastucture cannot sustain an ever increasing population......or are the utility companys telling porkies...............I wont bother Baj, like I said, your vision of a perfect life, and mine, appear to be two different versions.

Your idea of bliss, will eventually creep up and bite you on the A se..and, that is my opinion.

There is no doubt these marches attract BNP nutters, but you cannot say that what the cause stands for is wrong.

Yes I can, the BDL represents nothing but bad news for any one who gives two hoots about this country. As several people have pointed out already, how are gangs of skinhead thugs throwing bricks at men, women and children leaving a mosque going to do anything but heighten the problem? How is talking about a war between whites and asians going to do anything but make society a far worse place?

so, are they allowed to spout anti-british racist hate filled bile at returning troops...?

yes they are, in the same way that you or i can stand on a street yelling anti-british abuse at troops. sorry delldays, freedom of speech isn't for whites only and can't be switched off the moment someone says something you personally disagree with. but don't worry, the far-right state so many of you are dreaming of is clearly on its way.

For peoples info, the EDL dates back to the start of the 20th century (its blinkered undeveloped mentality is the give-away) which bravely defended our streets from the Irish menace and the Jewish influx. Thank god they did or we would have the filthy foreign types living amongst us today.

And on a football theme, I had a look at the facebook group set up for the soton branch of Death to Johnny Foreigner League, and its twin beliefs are 'we hate muslims as much as we hate pompy'. Not only are these fat skinhead thugs going to ruin society, they are going to drag the name of saints fc through mud first.

yes they are, in the same way that you or i can stand on a street yelling anti-british abuse at troops. sorry delldays, freedom of speech isn't for whites only and can't be switched off the moment someone says something you personally disagree with...

What a complete tosspot you are jeff.

Good god I dont know where to start...

Let me pick a few nuggets... You do realise without immigration the city of London would effectively cease to function, that there's 70% turnaround of casual labour and without the immigrants who are willing to come to this country and do work, any work to contribute to society (of which my wife is one of those) then we would lose the functioning core of our capital.

QUOTE]

How do you figure that out?

Then why come up with "Maybe not in Sussex or Dorset, but try the vast majority of the East End of London, Birmingham and the mill towns of Lancashire and Yorkshire.......". The VAST MAJORITY of those communities are as integrated as any other immigrant groups are. Most of the problems are caused because people tend to be afraid of things they don't properly understand, and that runs both ways.

Are you aware of how many different ethnic groups and traditions you are lumping together as 'the muslims' ? Setting aside the sometimes deep rifts between the Sunni and Shi'a fanctions, there are Indonesians, Indians, Pakistanis, Arabs, North Africans, Afghans, Iraqis, Iranians, etc, etc. You might as well refer to 'the Catholics' as a single entity.

The VAST majority of those communities aren't as intergrated as other immigrant groups, which is one of the reasons there is a problem and not with other immigrant groups. Have you ever wondered why there aren't the same problems with the vast numbers of Hindus/Sikhs/Poles etc? Can you honestly tell me that the communities in Manningham/Aston/East Ham are well intergrated?

The majority of muslim communities in this country are from the indian sub-continent, if it helps you at all I can refer to them in that detail!

Take this forum as an example. Saints fans are not exactly known as a bunch of racist, skin heads etc, but there is clearly a fairly widespread feeling that there is an issue here that needs addressing, but for some reason some on here (and in society in general) others feel that expressing any concern over these issues should automatically classiffy you as racist.

Edited by Sour Mash

Alas I lack the needed bipolar-ness to "have a word with myself", so would it be possible for you to explain why you feel the need to insult another poster on here?

I'm sure if you re-read what jeff posted above (re: the Anglian Regiment returning to Luton) - you will find in his statement the original insult - an absolute insult of the highest order infact. Seriously - are you also agreeing that it's okay for muslim extremists to demonstate just feet away from returning British soldiers with hateful, obscene placards? Is that what you're saying? If you are - the term 'tosspot' also applies.

I'm sure if you re-read what jeff posted above (re: the Anglian Regiment returning to Luton) - you will find in his statement the original insult - an absolute insult of the highest order infact. Seriously - are you also agreeing that it's okay for muslim extremists to demonstate just feet away from returning British soldiers with hateful, obscene placards? Is that what you're saying? If you are - the term 'tosspot' also applies.

As far as I understand it, people are allowed to demonstrate about anything they like in this country as along as the protest doesn't break any laws. The same law that allows the extremists to demonstrate at an Army parade is that same law that allows the EDL to march through town centres.

Im not 100% how pointing out a fact of British law is an "absolute insult of the highest order", but hey ho...

As far as I understand it, people are allowed to demonstrate about anything they like in this country as along as the protest doesn't break any laws. The same law that allows the extremists to demonstrate at an Army parade is that same law that allows the EDL to march through town centres.

Im not 100% how pointing out a fact of British law is an "absolute insult of the highest order", but hey ho...

Well that's not quite correct though is it? There's a time and a place for protesting - and you know it. And Luton that day was not it.

Well that's not quite correct though is it? There's a time and a place for protesting - and you know it. And Luton that day was not it.

And who do you think was the most active in protesting against these individuals?

Other Muslims in Luton. Community leaders and others queued up that day and afterwards to denounce them. I suppose that shouldn't excempt them from the intimidation and missiles of the 'EDL'.

To repeat - the EDL are racist agent provocateurs. They aim their 'protests' squarely at people who happen to be brown-skinned. For this, some on here seem to have taken some vengeful glee.

Edited by Verbal

In your opinion, clearly not in the opinion of those that felt they needed to that day.

And please dont tell me what I do and do not know, its a little churlish.

Im not sure what on earth that has to do with anything, to be honest.

I think he may be saying...........that for the guys who had just spent 6-8 months over in another country, seeing their mates getting killed. protecting a population who resented them being freed by a despot dictator......................then feeling very proud to be marching down a street in their own country...........only to be confronted by a group of people calling them baby killers...........this group, being afforded certain rights, living in a democratic country....rights they would not have, should they be living in certain Muslim countrys.....

Does that help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Gingeletiss

I think he may be saying...........that for the guys who had just spent 6-8 months over in another country, seeing their mates getting killed. protecting a population who resented them being freed by a depot dictator......................then feeling very proud to be marching down a street in their own country...........only to be confronted by a group of people calling them baby killers...........this group, being afforded certain rights, living in a democratic country....rights they would not have, should they be living in certain Muslim countrys.....

Does that help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The protests were obviously targetted for maximum exposure...

And it worked...regardless of your feelings on the issue...

But if we dont allow that right, then we make this country like...

oh whats the use.

Sigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............again you miss the point. You are not WRONG!!!.................but imagine being that soldier.....you will of had to of served to understand, hence him saying that you hadn't served, as you most certainly do not UNDERSTAND.

But as you say..............what's the use

The other day me and a guy from work went into a coffee shop in oxford street as we were doing some work up there. He asked for a black coffee, the girl behind the counter took offence and went to get the manager, that came back and said we have offended her for asking for a black coffee, we should have asked for a non-white coffee, is that acceptable ??

Whether that story is true or not, how is asking for a "non-white coffee" any less offensive than asking for a "black coffee"!? Surely the manager should have advised you to ask for "a coffee with no milk"... or might that have offended cows!? :rolleyes:

Better still, maybe the manager should have asked the girl behind the counter exactly how she was offended by the term "black coffee"...

Anyway, many years ago, a friend and I went to Majorca for a summer holiday. We're both very pale-skinned lads and one day on the beach, a Spanish woman pointed at us and said "Hahaha, skin like milk!"... to which my friend responded by pointing at her and saying "Hahaha, face like cow!" Don't know what the moral is to that story but it still makes me laugh when I think back to the incident! :D

Good article on The Independent about this stupid 'Islamification' nonsense:

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/mark-steel/mark-steel-so-has-anyone-really-been-islamified-against-their-will-1787816.html

The arguments of the far-right groups are already obviously ridiculous. The latest slogan they march under is "Stop the Islamification of England". But how many people have had their lives Islamified against their will? Is there a single tea shop owner in Dorset who has to tell her customers: "Sorry dear, we're not allowed to serve a scone until after dark as it's Ramadan." Do radio stations have to start the day: "Allaaaaah – ah-aaaah allaaaaaah. Good morning, this is BBC Radio Sussex calling you to prayer."

the people who support this group are racists.

i think they are all sad tossers and need to get a life,but little things please the little minds.

if they want to fight join the army rather than another micky mouse group with a macho name.

most right thinking people think these people are idiots.:rolleyes:

indeed..as are the EDL then

it is "freedom of speech" for muslim whack-jobs

but racist when an "englander" does it

that there is what is wrong with the UK....

un-fuking-believable...

Jeff, your views are deeply upsetting, they really are..

Edited by Thedelldays

indeed..as are the EDL then

it is "freedom of speech" for muslim whack-jobs

but racist when an "englander" does it

that there is what is wrong with the UK....

un-fuking-believable...

They're not exercising free speech, my sinkable friend. They're exercising their right to lob bricks and steel bars and try to start a fight. They are racist agent provocateurs, attempting to stoke street wars and to create the impression of racial chaos.

They are not targetting 'extremists' but people who happen to have brown skin.

If I'm wrong about this, then no doubt you could point me in the direction of a single extremist who has been targetted by these neanderthals.

The paradox of this is that these assaults drive the Asian community inwards, and the prospects of their 'shopping' the dangerous cultists will actually diminish at precisely the time that such reporting to the police has been on the increase (As in the case of the Bristol bomber for example).

Edited by Verbal

They're not exercising free speech, my sinkable friend. They're exercising their right to lob bricks and steel bars and try to start a fight. They are racist agent provocateurs, attempting to stoke street wars and to create the impression of racial chaos.

If I'm wrong about this, then no doubt you could point me in the direction of a single extremist who has been targetted by these neanderthals.

The paradox of this is that these assaults drive the Asian community inwards, and the prospects of their 'shopping' the dangerous cultists will actually diminish at precisely the time that such reporting to the police has been on the increase (As in the case of the Bristol bomber for example).

do you thinks he really cares about that,his mindset come across in his postings.

You're spouting absolute rubbish! There has not been any violence carried out by the EDL, so you're lying in that statement. They are protesting against Islamic extremists, they make that perfectly clear, if you do not consider yourself an Islamic extremist you have no reason to be offended by them! They do not mention skin colour, but for some reason you are obssessed with doing so, as well as talking about violence :rolleyes:

for Jeff, scudamore, atticus, etc

after it has been raised quite a few times and used as a counter arguement

I have YET to see you have a pop at those who spill hate filled racist anti-british bile at returning servicemen....you just seem to pass it off as freedom of speech...despite some of the stuff being racist with undertones of treason in their vibe (which are both illegal) and I do know of some of the things chanted/said by those muslim whack-jobs that day..

that is utterly disgraceful IMO that is from someone who has done 10 years in the forces....utterly disgraceful

Edited by Thedelldays

Looked to me like they were exercising their right to free speech and a counter demonstration confronted them and it kicked-off.

You have to wonder about who would be so opposed to a protest against terrorists?

Edited by aintforever

You're spouting absolute rubbish! There has not been any violence carried out by the EDL, so you're lying in that statement. They are protesting against Islamic extremists, they make that perfectly clear, if you do not consider yourself an Islamic extremist you have no reason to be offended by them! They do not mention skin colour, but for some reason you are obssessed with doing so, as well as talking about violence :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, I really shouldn't have, but I must admit I laughed.

I'm sorry, I really shouldn't have, but I must admit I laughed.

have had a look around (am genuinely interested) where there bricks thrown by EDL marches at "dark skinned" people..?

again, do you think it is acceptable for "soldiers of islam" (if that isnt a provactive name) to spout RACIST anti-british, offensive provacative bile also..?

Excellent point - of course, from what I recall tabloid reports of his plot either ignored the role of the guy's mosque in preventing him carrying it out, or chucked it in as a throwaway line at the end. Damn pro-Muslim liberal media, eh?

Just goes to show that the only way Islamist terrorism can be beaten is encouraging Muslim communities to remain vigilant about their nutjobs and inform the police of any suspicious goings-on, to make the task of the security services easier. Marching around and behaving like c*nts like the BUF circa 1936 will recruit much more terrorists than old Hooky Hamza et.al. ever could.

Still, the extreme right would actually love terrorism to kill more British people - gives you a much better shot at whipping up racial hatred that way.

I heard a squaddie interviewed on Radio 4 yesterday, and he said it was the best job in the world because he got to go to other countries and blow things (foreigners?) up.

Maybe it's ok to protest against soldiers, they can't all be heroes, not even the dead ones.

I heard a squaddie interviewed on Radio 4 yesterday, and he said it was the best job in the world because he got to go to other countries and blow things (foreigners?) up.

Maybe it's ok to protest against soldiers, they can't all be heroes, not even the dead ones.

why did you put (foreigners) in brackets..is that what you wanted to hear..?

have had a look around (am genuinely interested) where there bricks thrown by EDL marches at "dark skinned" people..?

again, do you think it is acceptable for "soldiers of islam" (if that isnt a provactive name) to spout RACIST anti-british, offensive provacative bile also..?

They were thrown in Manchester, delldays.

If you're asking if I personally find the original Luton protest 'acceptable', no, of course, not.

It was juvenile, attention-seeking and worse. It's the kind of mentality that is but a small step away from being tempted into strapping on a suicide belt. They were wide-eyed fanatics who were saying '**** you' as much to their community elders as to the soldiers. And it wasn't that they were expressing opinions so much as trying to stamp on the graves of the soldiers' dead comrades, in order to impress, in a weird kind of homo-erotic way, their 'sheikh', OBL.

Was it racist? Debatable, but I'd allow that description.

In any case, I don't know of a single Muslim, other than the idiots involved in that very small demo, who has expressed support for them.

And as I say, I am not aware of ANY of these now well-known individuals being targeted by EDL protests. Instead they've gone for the easy prey of Asians on the street.

It's racist intimidation, nothing more, nothing less.

for Jeff, scudamore, atticus

after it has been raised quite a few times and used as a counter arguement

I have YET to see you have a pop at those who spill hate filled racist anti-british bile at returning servicemen....you just seem to pass it off as freedom of speech...despite some of the stuff being racist with undertones of treason in their vibe (which are both illegal) and I do know of some of the things chanted/said by those muslim whack-jobs that day..

that is utterly disgraceful IMO that is from someone who has done 10 years in the forces....utterly disgraceful

You make "those" sound like thousands. There was about 20 of these arseholes on one single occasion in Luton, looking for the oxygen of publicity. Of course they're horrible faaaackin scuuum and all the rest of it, but the biggest favour anyone could possibly do for them is paying them lots of attention; indeed, their ringleader was interviewed on GMTV a short while later and cheerfully said that the news coverage had done more in getting across their views than they could ever do on their own.

What people don't seem to be able to figure out is that the Luton protestors will be as delighted as the far right that the EDL is growing. Hard to get other people interested in a jihad when everyone just shrugs and ignores you, but it gets so much easier when people get radicalised by violent confrontations. More trouble is what the Muslim extremists are after as well.

Third post today and I'm out.

Yeah for clarity he didn't say 'foreigners', that was me extrapolating the type of thing a soldier might blow up.

I suspect you're of an age..that thinks footballers are Hero's.....rather than young Squadies of 18, who'd give their life, trying to help a wounded comrade...............run them down mate, but do you have the guts to join up yourself!!!!!?????????

I suspect you're of an age..that thinks footballers are Hero's.....rather than young Squadies of 18, who'd give their life, trying to help a wounded comrade...............run them down mate, but do you have the guts to join up yourself!!!!!?????????

farking hell ginge...we have found something we agree on....:rolleyes:

Fark being in a trench alongside Bearsy & Pancake eh...

This whole thread is retarded and an exercise in grandiose stupidity. The group seems to have an issue with one protest which was very poorly attended and happened ages ago. I don't know where people get this idea that our culture is being worn down or threatened by Muslim extremists. It is not the real world.

I was on a Friday afternoon high but morons bring me down :(

Shocked and stunned that you should jump on that post.....pray tell me why Mr Fair minded Moderator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........and don't use your left hand this time.

It is hard to have a serious discussion with people who cannot seem to grasp the most basic of concepts. I mean this in the most polite way possible, I really hope you have someone to help you cross the road when you leave the house.

for muslims as well as white folk...

right..?

Do you do this on purpose?