English Defence League Southampton

bigtonesfc

Fark being in a trench alongside Bearsy & Pancake eh...

Ahhh, that's nice everyone's friends again.

So children, lets go over what we've learnt today.

Only people who have served in the armed forces can say which days people can and can't protest on. The reason behind this is far too obvious to state. And people can only protest as long as its not against the armed forces, which sounds fine to me, and lets face it, anyone who isn't in the armed forces is a coward.

If in doubt remember the equation, white people shouting at coloured people - so british it makes my heart sing, coloured people shouting at white people - the worst insult imaginable.

And the Nazi Party/NF/BNP/Black Shirts/what ever they call themselves these days are all lovely people who definitely aren't racists.

Agreed? Good, lets all move on with our lives.

Join us next week for another episode of 'extremists say the funniest things!'

p.s. I love all of you.

p.p.s. delldays, sometimes I think I love you a bit too much. i've got some photo's if you're up for trading.

I suspect you're of an age..that thinks footballers are Hero's.....rather than young Squadies of 18, who'd give their life, trying to help a wounded comrade...............run them down mate, but do you have the guts to join up yourself!!!!!?????????

I'm not sure my age is relevant, unless you're trying to patronise me?

In response to your supposition, no I don't consider footballers heroes. In response to your dare, I'll join up immediately... Suck on that, old man!

I suspect you're of an age..that thinks footballers are Hero's.....rather than young Squadies of 18, who'd give their life, trying to help a wounded comrade...............run them down mate, but do you have the guts to join up yourself!!!!!?????????

Well said, seems some overlook the excellent job our squaddies do to preserve the freedom we all strive to exist. Still there are some on here who think it's ok for muslims to march and denounce our troops but think it's racist to follow a party that wants England to be English.

Well said, seems some overlook the excellent job our squaddies do to preserve the freedom we all strive to exist. Still there are some on here who think it's ok for muslims to march and denounce our troops but think it's racist to follow a party that wants England to be English.

That's far too sensible for this forum warwick.

When I returned home from the Falklands in '82 - there weren't any protesting Argentinians on the quayside. If there had have been - I've no doubt whatsoever most (if not all of us) would have given them a good slap & thrown them over the dockside in the sea.

How times change.

I'm not sure my age is relevant, unless you're trying to patronise me?

In response to your supposition, no I don't consider footballers heroes. In response to your dare, I'll join up immediately... Suck on that, old man!

Let me know when you'll be at the careers centre, below bar, and I'll come along and put in a good word for you.;)

You do realise that there are people of all races and religions in the UK armed forces, dont you?

If "our troops" (inclusive of these non-white races) are doing such an "excellent job", then why is there the need to get rid of them from England?

Can I ask are muslims allowed to join or is it only for all others?

This type of thing is more likely to make them more militant than not.If muslims feel margianalised by the wider populaion they may well move to safety in numbers and join in with their friends.

Iam right wing in a lot of things but this seems a odd group.

Surely we pay taxes for us to be defended and so it is already sorted surely?

Only people who have served in the armed forces can say which days people can and can't protest on. The reason behind this is far too obvious to state. And people can only protest as long as its not against the armed forces, which sounds fine to me, and lets face it, anyone who isn't in the armed forces is a coward.

If in doubt remember the equation, white people shouting at coloured people - so british it makes my heart sing, coloured people shouting at white people - the worst insult imaginable.

And the Nazi Party/NF/BNP/Black Shirts/what ever they call themselves these days are all lovely people who definitely aren't racists.

p.s. I love all of you.

p.p.s. delldays, sometimes I think I love you a bit too much. i've got some photo's if you're up for trading.

You're clearly just a wind-up merchant along with a fair few others on here.

Am I the only one who thinks everything which leads up to topics like this is because of certain media outlets?

C'mon people, I think we all know that Muslims mostly don't preach DEATH TO THE UK without being arrested, like anyone else would. Most have quiet peaceful protests about certain issues. Just newspapers and the internet jump on it so fast that the situation isn't the same one once they are finished editing it. You always here about "Oh, we can't say it's Christmas anymore, as it will offend people", that usually is one over-zealous think tank council member who's idea gets shot down by the others at the first sensible opportunity, but people read the stories that the newspapers have spun, and thus is born ignorance.

Please people, let's get a ****ing clue. This 'solution' won't help one bit.

am in disbelief that people think that when muslim extremists spout racist bile it is freedom of speech...

that is unreal.....no matter how many times you try to look at it..

Where exactly would you draw the line about what is an acceptable form of "freedom" of speech and what is not?

Are you saying there should be rules about what you are or aren't allowed to say when exercising freedom of speech?

hence why I said I am in disbelief..

That's not what I mean... Show me where someone has said that the protests were fine because they were about freedom of speech. I may have missed it tbh, but I don't remember anyone but you alluding to it being so.

That's not what I mean... Show me where someone has said that the protests were fine because they were about freedom of speech. I may have missed it tbh, but I don't remember anyone but you alluding to it being so.

this was in reponse to the point i was raising which you alluded too..

yes they are, in the same way that you or i can stand on a street yelling anti-british abuse at troops. sorry delldays, freedom of speech isn't for whites only .

Fair enough; I actually agree that "Freedom of Speech" is for everyone but I accept that there are limits that were probably crossed that day. That said, Abu Hamza was deported for his verbalising under the FoS banner, so it's not fair to say that it's always tolerated.

Fair enough; I actually agree that "Freedom of Speech" is for everyone but I accept that there are limits that were probably crossed that day. That said, Abu Hamza was deported for his verbalising under the FoS banner, so it's not fair to say that it's always tolerated.

FYI, I am not Abu Hamza.

I accept that there are limits that were probably crossed that day.

That said, Abu Hamza was deported for his verbalising under the FoS banner, so it's not fair to say that it's always tolerated.

"probably" ?? I would say abso****inlutely.

Not the only reason for his deportation and he was verbalising for many years before his arrest, further evidence of our tolerance

"probably" ?? I would say abso****inlutely.

Not the only reason for his deportation and he was verbalising for many years before his arrest, further evidence of our tolerance

Tolerance is a good thing though, right? We wouldn't want to be intolerant and compared to those "we" protest against, would we?

As for "probably", yes, after all I've only got the press reports to go by, I wasn't there myself. Were you?

This whole thread is retarded and an exercise in grandiose stupidity. The group seems to have an issue with one protest which was very poorly attended and happened ages ago. I don't know where people get this idea that our culture is being worn down or threatened by Muslim extremists. It is not the real world.

I was on a Friday afternoon high but morons bring me down :(

It is hard to have a serious discussion with people who cannot seem to grasp the most basic of concepts. I mean this in the most polite way possible, I really hope you have someone to help you cross the road when you leave the house.

Do you do this on purpose?

good post and but at least this thread is showing up all the retards who keeping posting yheir personal bile,

I think that the right-wing have shown themselves up nicely again on here. People moan about Nick Griffin being given a slot on Question Time, but to be honest, I say, bring him on. He will get torn apart on that programme and will reveal himself for utter utter utter ***** that he is!

"Mr.Griffin, what do you say in response to the fact that people who support your party have extreme right wing views?"

"Eeeerr, urrrm, it's all a BBC conspiracy, Immigrants out, England for the English, erm, I love my Mummy too much, Nicky needs a spanking" etc etc.

after it has been raised quite a few times and used as a counter arguement

I have YET to see you have a pop at those who spill hate filled racist anti-british bile at returning servicemen....you just seem to pass it off as freedom of speech...despite some of the stuff being racist with undertones of treason in their vibe (which are both illegal) and I do know of some of the things chanted/said by those muslim whack-jobs that day..

that is utterly disgraceful IMO that is from someone who has done 10 years in the forces....utterly disgraceful

Surely the question that has to be asked is, if the 'protesters' were inciting hatred, or committing treason, or whatever else they might be accused of; why were they not arrested and charged ? There were plenty of Old Bill on hand, and surely some senior officer at the scene should have been able to judge whether their 'freedom of speech' crossed the line ? Notwithstanding that, we all saw the pictures on the TV, and saw the press reports. If any of them committed a crime, arrest them, charge them, and bl00dy well prosecute them using the Law on the land.

And the same would go for the EDF mob as well.

Tolerance is a good thing though, right? We wouldn't want to be intolerant and compared to those "we" protest against, would we?

As for "probably", yes, after all I've only got the press reports to go by, I wasn't there myself. Were you?

Tolerance is a good thing, though at times I believe "our" levels of tolerance are tested.

No, I was not there and like you can only form opinion from what reported on TV and read both in the papers and online, it is my opinion any protest against those that serve OUR country by ANY group is wholly wrong.

Tolerance is a good thing, though at times I believe "our" levels of tolerance are tested.

No, I was not there and like you can only form opinion from what reported on TV and read both in the papers and online, it is my opinion any protest against those that serve OUR country by ANY group is wholly wrong.

"Our" (by which I presume you mean white) tolerance is way, way overrated.

As a regular traveller to South Asia and Middle East I'm regularly embarrassed at the hospitality, courtesy, food, shelter and transport freely offered by people who barely know me from Adam. The only people in the UK who are as welcoming are my Pakistani and Iraqi acquaintances.

And I wonder when people will tire of regurgitating a protest by 20-odd irritants all those months ago - and using it to discredit an entire community?

I have Radio Lancashire on my alarm, it goes off at 6:00 every morning; never heard the call to prayer though.

Nor have I ever found an Islamic teashop.

Why not complain about the 'Sikh-isation' of parts of So'ton or the west midlands, of the Hinduisation of Leicester, or the cultural isolationism of Chinatown in Manchester ? There are streets in Blackpool where the To Let signs are in Polish - they even have a special Polish foods section in TESCO.

If you want to be xenophobic and alarmist, please be consistent.

Your point is flawed.

I'm unaware of any radical Hindu, Chinese, Polish or Sikh groups who are openly (or secretly) peddling extremism (though the Polish are a bit, well... extreme in some cases - don't see many of them marching with banners wishing for our soldiers to die in Iraq, Afghanistan etc)

So it might be worth being consistent.

I do believe there are many, many people who are feircely (rightly) patriotic about their country from all creeds and religions - and I believe alot of people's perceptions have been tainted by the appearance of some of the demonstrators.

A skinhead does not automatically mean a Nazi.

Neither does any man of asian appearance automatically mean they are an extremist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKgK-0HwN30&feature=player_embedded#t=16

"They don't want equality they want superiority''

Now this is a worrying comment in some respects but what if it there is an element of truth in it?

Regardless, I think the people on the pulse are neither the left or right wing (obviously) but those on the middle ground and who are unaffected by media reports either way.

One personal viewpoint is the problem lies within the local and national governments who are too afraid to say "no" to inflammatory organisations and shut them down. Organisations of this nature, regardless of their political leaning only have one objective - to stir hatred.

The UK is too soft on extremism and we do need to adopt a hardline policy.

Britons by nature are accepting and tolerant people but the same cannot be said for some middle eastern and asian nationals who are hellbent on this bizarre idealism of radicalising the world and peddling hatred. I can't imagine a Pakistani or Lebanese police department allowing a pro-Christian demonstration in their own backyards.

The EDL will have to be careful they don't get infiltrated by the BNP, or their message will soon become more distorted and whatever credibility they have left will be lost.

As a regular traveller to South Asia and Middle East I'm regularly embarrassed at the hospitality, courtesy, food, shelter and transport freely offered by people who barely know me from Adam. The only people in the UK who are as welcoming are my Pakistani and Iraqi acquaintances.

And I wonder when people will tire of regurgitating a protest by 20-odd irritants all those months ago - and using it to discredit an entire community?

Why do you assume that it has to be about race? The Shoe Bomber and Exeter Bomber were white, but still extremests.

At Alexandra High School in Tipton there have been full blown race fights, fuelled by comments made to pupils whose brothers/fathers are/have been serving in Afganistan about hoping that they come back in body bags.

http://www.expressandstar.com/2009/09/18/pupils-are-suspended-after-fights-near-school/

Previously Muslim parents had asked the authorities, and the West Mids police to take action against the extremeists who were targeting schoolkids.

I visit one of the local mosques after prayers on Fridays as part of my job and ordinary Muslims are scared, but not of the Far Right Brits, but of the Far Right Muslims. They fear of being tarred with the same brush as the "Taliban" and of speaking out against them.

What I do find ning boggling ist sot some on here seem to think Neo-Fascist Isla thn the streets = free speech but scream like hysterical children when their opponents take to the streets.

I happen to agree that the far right are playing into the hands of the far right Islamists but to dismiss, out out of hand, the concerns of a large swathe of the population of these isles is ignorant and best and suggests a closed mind.

By "our" I mean this country

Once able to label another as an aquaintance, surely you would expect them to be welcoming ?

Prejudice/ignorance is inherent, when those that make up a community commit acts of terrorism it becomes difficult for those not of that community to differentiate and as a consequence easier for the extremist within that community to gain influence.

Why do you assume that it has to be about race? The Shoe Bomber and Exeter Bomber were white, but still extremests.

At Alexandra High School in Tipton there have been full blown race fights, fuelled by comments made to pupils whose brothers/fathers are/have been serving in Afganistan about hoping that they come back in body bags.

http://www.expressandstar.com/2009/09/18/pupils-are-suspended-after-fights-near-school/

Previously Muslim parents had asked the authorities, and the West Mids police to take action against the extremeists who were targeting schoolkids.

I visit one of the local mosques after prayers on Fridays as part of my job and ordinary Muslims are scared, but not of the Far Right Brits, but of the Far Right Muslims. They fear of being tarred with the same brush as the "Taliban" and of speaking out against them.

What I do find ning boggling ist sot some on here seem to think Neo-Fascist Isla thn the streets = free speech but scream like hysterical children when their opponents take to the streets.

I happen to agree that the far right are playing into the hands of the far right Islamists but to dismiss, out out of hand, the concerns of a large swathe of the population of these isles is ignorant and best and suggests a closed mind.

It is about race, regardless of the ethnic identity of particular individuals. The EDL is racist and the Salafists are racists. (Richard Reid, the shoe bomber is not white, by the way).

The EDL are racist agent provocateurs trying to create their own rivers of blood and the Salafists are actually disgustingly contemptuous of whites.

Who are the 'some on here' that you talk about? The usual straw men?

And you're wrong about the far right playing into the hands of Salafists - they both need each other in this particular fight, and they both know it. Both know that violence on the streets is a recruiting sergeant.

The victims are the people caught in the middle of it. Because of the chosen battlegrounds, almost all of them are Asian.

Can you really be happy with that?

p.s. I love all of you.

Jeff,you are a total ****,i tried not to reply to w**kers like you because i have expressed my opinion once,dont need to repeat it to simpletons that cant be arsed to read my original statement.and go off on one about things that have never been mentioned!If you dont like this topic feck off to something that you do like!

Jeff,you are a total ****,i tried not to reply to w**kers like you because i have expressed my opinion once,dont need to repeat it to simpletons that cant be arsed to read my original statement.and go off on one about things that have never been mentioned!If you dont like this topic feck off to something that you do like!

Just to clarify then, the EDL are racist thugs. Glad we got that worked out.

Absolutely...

I agree with you bigtone. If you don't like something, jeff, you should feck off and ignore it. Except if it is extremist muslims that you don't like. Then you should organise a group to shout angrily at them.

Oh, and if anyone thinks that this is hypocritical then you are obviously a terrorist-hugging lefty loon.

How come the "neutral" administrators and moderators on this forum are all off a sudden on the side of people who cheer when British soldiers are killed,and are opposed too people that dont like this?

Maybe they're just against big nasty racists? Maybe they're against the attempts to incite racial hatred? Maybe they can recognise that if we are to have freedom of speech in this country then that means everyone (vile extremists included.....both Muslim and EDL) can exercise that right? Maybe they haven't been hoodwinked into thinking that all Muslims are looking to kill all British people? Maybe they're just not as stupid as you?

Whoever said I was neutral, or that I was supposed to be? I'm impartial when it comes to disagreements between members, and I'll moderate threads with an impartial air, for sure, but I won't and don't have to remain opinionless.

Tone, no one is on the side of people who cheer when British soldiers are killed, that's actually highly insulting of you, but rock-throwing, neanderthal pressure groups are absolutely NOT the way to counteract these people. That's just adding fuel to their fire.

Maybe they're just against big nasty racists? Maybe they're against the attempts to incite racial hatred? Maybe they can recognise that if we are to have freedom of speech in this country then that means everyone (vile extremists included.....both Muslim and EDL) can exercise that right? Maybe they haven't been hoodwinked into thinking that all Muslims are looking to kill all British people? Maybe they're just not as stupid as you?

Or maybe they are so blinkered like yourself that ..and this is the last time i say it,they dont bother reading what the League is about and just assume its BNP/NF etc!I will not explain anymore,just go back to beginning of thread, it aint hard!

Whoever said I was neutral, or that I was supposed to be? I'm impartial when it comes to disagreements between members, and I'll moderate threads with an impartial air, for sure, but I won't and don't have to remain opinionless.

Tone, no one is on the side of people who cheer when British soldiers are killed, that's actually highly insulting of you, but rock-throwing, neanderthal pressure groups are absolutely NOT the way to counteract these people. That's just adding fuel to their fire.

Of course the question there would be how DO you counteract them then?

I'd argue that in some circumstances "tolerance" and "sympathy" can be the worst things possible.

Do you think every single German in 1933-1939 really hated jews, slavs etc. and wanted them to be exterminated? Do you think all and every single one of them were right behind Hitler and the Nazi's during their rise to power?

Course not

but the problem was whilst the majority or at least not every single one of the German people probably didn't honestly want a genocide to take place; they DID sympathise with the Nazi feelings of being oppressed and hurt by the war guilt clauses, being ashamed of their nationality and as a result tolerated their far-right, highly nationalist views.

Blunt truth?

At some point, tolerance and symapthy really do have to go out the window and make way for "THAT is an unpardonable sin and YOU must be stopped"

Now - intimidation and seperation of asians or indeed anyone who doesn't meet a given criteria of "Englishness" I don't think is the way to handle things at all. But something has to be done, and a head-in-the-sand approach is just as bad.

I can't tell who's being ironic on this thread anymore. :-s

FWIW I think the EDL preach a fair enough message, i.e. supporting British troops and denouncing Islamic extremism, but in reality it is never going to function in civilised society. Whilst most members I am sure tollerate liberals of all races, a group like that is always likely to attract the far right Combat 18 types who just want to chuck bricks at Muslims. I will not be joining that group, but that doesn't mean I do not support our troops or that I am a 'left-wing mussy-loving' nutcase etc.

Seems to be a lot of people putting bullsh*t words in other people's mouths on this thread just to discredit the 'other side'. Nobody is saying the behaviour of the extremist minority at the soldier's parade is acceptable. Nobody is slating Islam as a religion or saying they don't belong here. It's sad that we can't have this debate without such petulance.

Conducting foreign policy in a way that doesn't **** these people off, and supplying the means to give populations educaton, information, etc.. means they are less likely to become radicalised.

See this is the trouble

Nearly all of our foreign policy ****s these people off.

Intervening in Iraq where millions were slaughtered by an evil dictatorship ****ed these people off. Our very presence in the "holy land" to protect the lives of innocence ****s these people off.

non-muslim women not wearing burkhas ****s these people off.

how far do you pander to their demands?

I find it equally if not more insulting that i have to explain why im so angry with the scum who killed our lads,and have family waiting in our towns to abuse the men that fight to allow them to live here to carryon abusing them!But you carry on supporting them!I couldnt live with that on my conscience.