English Defence League Southampton

bigtonesfc

I'm stunned by your ignorance.

get used to it

Having read the views on this thread i feel sick to my stomach. I thought we'd evolved as a species beyond blaming everything on people who have the nerve to look and act differently to us.

The English Defence League? This name conjures up images of gangs of skinheads roaming the streets for someone a bit foreign looking to beat up. Not a far-right organisation! If this wasn't so deadly serious I'd be laughing for the rest of my life.

This all seems to be based on the hugely inflated news story from a few months ago. An anti-war protest held against the least popular war in living memory, wow that’s really shocking. No wait, its news because the protestors had funny coloured skins and didn't believe in our particular brand of religion. So now it’s a disgrace to every brave soldier killed in combat.

EDF = far-right nutters who pose the real threat to our way of life.

they must be stopped :smt070

get used to it

Having read the views on this thread i feel sick to my stomach. I thought we'd evolved as a species beyond blaming everything on people who have the nerve to look and act differently to us.

The English Defence League? This name conjures up images of gangs of skinheads roaming the streets for someone a bit foreign looking to beat up. Not a far-right organisation! If this wasn't so deadly serious I'd be laughing for the rest of my life.

This all seems to be based on the hugely inflated news story from a few months ago. An anti-war protest held against the least popular war in living memory, wow that’s really shocking. No wait, its news because the protestors had funny coloured skins and didn't believe in our particular brand of religion. So now it’s a disgrace to every brave soldier killed in combat.

EDF = far-right nutters who pose the real threat to our way of life.

they must be stopped :smt070

Please show me evidence in this thread of anyone doing that........

I don't see how a load of mainly white meatheads marching into Muslim areas and inevitably getting into a ruck with the local thugs (whether that's the intention or not) is going to reduce Islamist extremism.

Seems more likely to help gain recruits for the fanatics, if you ask me.

I don't see how a load of mainly white meatheads marching into Muslim areas and inevitably getting into a ruck with the local thugs (whether that's the intention or not) is going to reduce Islamist extremism.

Seems more likely to help gain recruits for the fanatics, if you ask me.

true....sadly..but I guess one thing it does (probably not intentionally) is get people talking about the issue..

Having read the views on this thread i feel sick to my stomach.

An anti-war protest held against the least popular war in living memory, wow that’s really shocking. No wait, its news because the protestors had funny coloured skins and didn't believe in our particular brand of religion.

Bit dramatic, nothing I have read by any poster has evoked that ?

There has been many anti-war protests since the invasion/occupation but few where returning soldiers have been subjected to abuse and I for one considered the behaviour outrageous

Bit dramatic, nothing I have read by any poster has evoked that ?

There has been many anti-war protests since the invasion/occupation but few where returning soldiers have been subjected to abuse and I for one considered the behaviour outrageous

indeed...but that is allowed as it is "freedom of speech"... spouting RACIST, anti-british bile...

true....sadly..but I guess one thing it does (probably not intentionally) is get people talking about the issue..

The problem that groups such as the EDL have is that their image and (lack of) PR skills helps to ensure that their valid message rarely gets across. They make it very easy for the media etc to dismiss them as rascist skin heads and until that changes they'll be banging their heads against a brick wall when trying to get any balanced coverage in the media.

Shocked and stunned that you should jump on that post.....pray tell me why Mr Fair minded Moderator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........and don't use your left hand this time.

Why? If you cannot tell the difference between a left-minded party that hopes to achieve an inclusive but geographically aligned "local" government; and a far-right party that preaches intolerance, ignorance and exclusive memebership then I dont know what else anyone can say to you.

Sorry, I might be a bit naive, but Im not getting the "left hand" jibe.

I wonder if you could try again, and this time make some sense.

Who among the people being demonstrated against is a threat to you?

Are you certain - or crazy enough - to believe that this organization is anything other than an agitating band of racist thugs?

How does this 'brainwashing' work exactly then?

Anti-semitism is okay? Hatred of all Muslims is okay?

One sided? No - just calling it what it is.

LoL

See what i mean, in my whole post Verbal when did i offer any sort of defence or support to the EDL ??

And also when did i say that anti-semitism or muslim is ok ?? I infact said that any sort of anti-anything in that way should not be allowed, be it from the blacks, whites, muslims, chinese, anyone. The problem is the world has too much of this prejudice and IMHO the government that we have at the moment are making things worse. They and the media seem to drive a harder line towards any christians that 'dare' speak up about the destruction of our national identity, and as i said, when anyone else preaches hate about us then it is labelled freedom of speech.

Do i agree with the methods of EDL ?? Hell no, if anything i believe they will make things worse in the long run, but it is an indication of the general belief of the populace at the moment, people are scared, people are upset and it will only get worse i fear.

I do not believe in the EDL but i sure as hell do not support anyone that believes it is right to murder not only our people but our beliefs.

Are people so f*cking blind as to what is going on in the world today ?? Do people like you really just sit in your wendy houses watching songs of praise? Believing that these people are not a threat ?? Yes the EDL is just as much of a threat but if the extremists were not given 'freedom of speech' as it were then we would not have so many of these groups. Of course we would have a few thuggish tw*ts, but such is life.

When i was up in Aston a while back, for university, me and a few mates went out looking for a place to drink, we began to walk along a road when we were approached by an asian looking bloke, to which he said,

'you wanna turn round mate'

Me - Why ??

'Your lot are not wanted in here, turn around before you get hurt'

Is that acceptable then ??

The other day me and a guy from work went into a coffee shop in oxford street as we were doing some work up there. He asked for a black coffee, the girl behind the counter took offence and went to get the manager, that came back and said we have offended her for asking for a black coffee, we should have asked for a non-white coffee, is that acceptable ??

The whole f*cking world has gone PC mad

The problem that groups such as the EDL have is that their image and (lack of) PR skills helps to ensure that their valid message rarely gets across. They make it very easy for the media etc to dismiss them as rascist skin heads and until that changes they'll be banging their heads against a brick wall when trying to get any balanced coverage in the media.

I would suspect it the images of racists skin-heads at marches for "groups" such as a EDL that lead people to believe they are racists skin-heads, rather than lack of PR.

I still don't see how lobbing bricks at Asians is an exercise of free speech - and how it's not racist.

where have I said it was..?

just pointing out the hypocracy on here on how, one load of bile is "free speech" and the next bile (not brick throwing) is racist..

my point (as I have stated) is that those who quickly dismiss the fears people have (and many are genuine) as "thickos" and "racists" etc...then the BNP will gain more popularity..which i rememeber only a couple of years ago everyone said they will never win a seat in past a local council....oh..and of course, groups liek EDL pop up....then if no one listens (or peoples views just dismissed by the jeff leopard types) then tensions on both sides will grow..

that is my point in all this...

extremism in any form is bad for our country and should be stopped ASAP..but to stop it, you have to listed to people...

Edited by Thedelldays

2 complete BS stories I have no doubt.

F*ck off pancake, i have no reason to lie, in fact i take offence to that, i am not a J Bizzle type, i am just saying it how it is. If i was going to make something up i could think of something much worse FFS.

I try and post reasonable arguements, and i do see both sides, i really do, it is just that it seems to have become such a taboo these days that only one side is reasonably listened to.

Telling any other side seems to get you branded a racist or a liar

The other day me and a guy from work went into a coffee shop in oxford street as we were doing some work up there. He asked for a black coffee, the girl behind the counter took offence and went to get the manager, that came back and said we have offended her for asking for a black coffee, we should have asked for a non-white coffee, is that acceptable ??

Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter bull****

Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter Utter utter bull****

I swear to god

Oh, and just to let everyone know where i am on the EDL issue, i do not support them, they seem no better then the extremists themselves. It does however, raise serious issues amoungst the views of the populace.

I swear to god

Oh, and just to let everyone know where i am on the EDL issue, i do not support them, they seem no better then the extremists themselves. It does however, raise serious issues amoungst the views of the populace.

Go on then, what the name of the coffee shop on Oxford Street. I believe we have a poster on here that can pop and check that out for us very easily.

One would assume the Manager would be aware of the incident after being involved themself.

maybe..how long ago was it..?

maybe they dont really talk about incidents like this to strangers (or customers)...

to be fair, if it happened or not, be very surprised if they told you anything..?

Edited by Thedelldays

maybe..how long ago was it..?

maybe they dont really talk about incidents like this too strangers (or customers)...

to be fair, if it happened or not, be very surprised if they told you anything..?

About 2 weeks ago, and i too would be surprised if they spoke honestly about it, they may do though.

By all means go and ask.

It happened, and i was shocked. Bloody expensive too

The whole f*cking world has gone PC mad

Not in this case.

The EDL exists to intimidate Asians. Period. That's not an exercise of free speech.

One of the problems with this whole thread is that people on here - none of whom I presume is Asian - has a single clue about how the Asian community, and particularly Muslims, feel about the death cultists who kill and maim.

Let me tell you. They feel much more strongly about it than you. Why? Not least because they are the victims. What is happening in the West is a sideshow - for OBL and Zawahiri it's just a place to commit 'spectaculars', as a means of raising recruits and cash.

Their real goal is the yoking of Islam to an extremist Wahhabi version of the religion that's actually been practised by a tiny minority of Muaslims over a very, very short space of time.

And let's be clear what Wahhabism is. Wahhab was a 17th century zealot who suddenly stoned to death a village woman in the desert of what's now Western Saudi Arabia. The villagers were stunned - and expelled him immediately. He eventually found refuge with a small-time sheikh called Saud. They entered into a pact, and their violent followers grabbed Mecca and Medina. So hostile were they to even the founders of the religion that, in 1802, Wahhab's followers desecrated the graves of Mohammad's family members and destroyed sacred sites where Mohammad's life had unfolded.

Fortunately, the descendants of these lunatics were deposed from Mecca and Medina by the Ottomans. Of course, they were reinstated with the help of Lawrence of Arabia (!!!), and as a result of the 1915 Anglo-Saudi Pact. All at precisely the time that oil was discovered under their feet.

The vast wealth was used partly to prosyletize extreme Wahhabism and export it across the Arabian Pensinsula, into South Asia, and beyond. Pre-existing variants of Islam - especially the highly peaceable and mystical Sufism, which had its powers base in India (Pakistan) and Afghanistan - were to be destroyed. Which they certainly were in Afghanistan, for example.

As this battle for the soul of the religion has worn on, the victims, overwhelmingly, are Muslims, from Iraq to Pakistan.

Muslims, by far, have the most to lose from the Wahhabi extremists - and the majority who haven't been intimidated or branwashed at the insidious Saudi-funded Maddrasses utterly detest these poisonous cultists.

The point is - they need our support, not bricks aimed at their heads.

But hey, if their skin is brown and they're outside a mosque, then they're fair game.

Not in this case.

The EDL exists to intimidate Asians. Period. That's not an exercise of free speech.

One of the problems with this whole thread is that people on here - none of whom I presume is Asian - has a single clue about how the Asian community, and particularly Muslims, feel about the death cultists who kill and maim.

Let me tell you. They feel much more strongly about it than you. Why? Not least because they are the victims. What is happening in the West is a sideshow - for OBL and Zawahiri it's just a place to commit 'spectaculars', as a means of raising recruits and cash.

Their real goal is the yoking of Islam to an extremist Wahhabi version of the religion that's actually been practised by a tiny minority of Muaslims over a very, very short space of time.

And let's be clear what Wahhabism is. Wahhab was a 17th century zealot who suddenly stoned to death a village woman in the desert of what's now Western Saudi Arabia. The villagers were stunned - and expelled him immediately. He eventually found refuge with a small-time sheikh called Saud. They entered into a pact, and their violent followers grabbed Mecca and Medina. So hostile were they to even the founders of the religion that, in 1802, Wahhab's followers desecrated the graves of Mohammad's family members and destroyed sacred sites where Mohammad's life had unfolded.

Fortunately, the descendants of these lunatics were deposed from Mecca and Medina by the Ottomans. Of course, they were reinstated with the help of Lawrence of Arabia (!!!), and as a result of the 1915 Anglo-Saudi Pact. All at precisely the time that oil was discovered under their feet.

The vast wealth was used partly to prosyletize extreme Wahhabism and export it across the Arabian Pensinsula, into South Asia, and beyond. Pre-existing variants of Islam - especially the highly peaceable and mystical Sufism, which had its powers base in India (Pakistan) and Afghanistan - were to be destroyed. Which they certainly were in Afghanistan, for example.

As this battle for the soul of the religion has worn on, the victims, overwhelmingly, are Muslims, from Iraq to Pakistan.

Muslims, by far, have the most to lose from the Wahhabi extremists - and the majority who haven't been intimidated or branwashed at the insidious Saudi-funded Maddrasses utterly detest these poisonous cultists.

But hey, if their skin is brown and they're outside a mosque, then they're fair game.

so, are they allowed to spout anti-british racist hate filled bile at returning troops...?

The English Defence League? This name conjures up images of gangs of skinheads roaming the streets for someone a bit foreign looking to beat up.

I think you've illustrated the problem, you associate the word English with racist - that is wrong.

It's just like you can have the Music of Black Origin awards but if you tried to set up a White Music awards you would get hounded out of town.

There is no doubt these marches attract BNP nutters, but you cannot say that what the cause stands for is wrong.

I think you've illustrated the problem, you associate the word English with racist - that is wrong.

It's just like you can have the Music of Black Origin awards but if you tried to set up a White Music awards you would get hounded out of town.

There is no doubt these marches attract BNP nutters, but you cannot say that what the cause stands for is wrong.

No, I think you've failed to see the problem that "English" isn't the word to worry about in the name.

Not in this case.

Very good post, thank you, i didn't know that.

But, again you have completely missed my point.

Not in this case.

I'm a bit confused by this, so please excuse my ignorance. What exactly is stopping muslims in Britain today from campaigning against and eradicating Islamic Extremism from within their own community? I can't see any attempts at this at all, have seen groups of young muslim men outside a mosque in Harrow with "soldier of Islam" t-shirts on telling white protesters to get out of "their area"! :rolleyes:

Why do you think the Asian population are so shy in coming forward with their opinions?

Virtually all asians I know are openly anti-sematic and anti-american, being Pakistani they also hate Indians. From my experience their racism is not even taboo in the slightest.

Why? If you cannot tell the difference between a left-minded party that hopes to achieve an inclusive but geographically aligned "local" government; and a far-right party that preaches intolerance, ignorance and exclusive memebership then I dont know what else anyone can say to you.

Sorry, I might be a bit naive, but Im not getting the "left hand" jibe.

Right..........for the record, I do not subscibe to the BNP, I am a Consevative by nature. My point to you, is that you have alluded to the fact, that the BNP is 'racist' etc etc.......I say to you Mr Moderator man, that when the SNP got started, there were those amongst it's ranks, that wanted to occupy the North sea rigs, claiming the oil was Scottish. They are now a mainstream party..............

Look at the IRA........killed loads of our troops, and civilians, and are now represented in Parliment.

My point...............Persons such as yourself, put down the BNP, but give the green light to others, that started out as radical groups.

For you, and Baj, who equally jumped on to your bandwagon.....open your eyes to the problems in this country. It is not about race, it's about over population. We are being metered on our water, yet live in a temperate climate. Our Utilities companys are warning us of power cuts, because they can't supply enough power....our roads are congested, we don't have enough houses.....we pay too much tax, and they want more, to pay for all those who can't find jobs......whilst our industry moves overseas looking for a cheaper labour force.........

The BNP........ha!!........they want to stop immigration, and put in controls simular to Australia.........and you think that's racist.ffs!!!!!

Edited by Gingeletiss

"I have Radio Lancashire on my alarm, it goes off at 6:00 every morning; never heard the call to prayer though." Of course it doesn't. That's not my point and you know it. How well intergrated are the muslim community in Oldham? Bradford? Rochdale?

Then why come up with "Maybe not in Sussex or Dorset, but try the vast majority of the East End of London, Birmingham and the mill towns of Lancashire and Yorkshire.......". The VAST MAJORITY of those communities are as integrated as any other immigrant groups are. Most of the problems are caused because people tend to be afraid of things they don't properly understand, and that runs both ways.

"Why not complain about the 'Sikh-isation' of parts of So'ton or the west midlands, of the Hinduisation of Leicester, or the cultural isolationism of Chinatown in Manchester ? There are streets in Blackpool where the To Let signs are in Polish - they even have a special Polish foods section in TESCO." - Exactly! Have you ever wondered why there aren't any protests against these groups? Large groups of immigrants in urban areas? Has it crossed your mind that the muslims might be doing something that the Sikhs, Chinese and Poles aren't, hence why they come in for the criticism and the other "ethnic groups" don't.

Are you aware of how many different ethnic groups and traditions you are lumping together as 'the muslims' ? Setting aside the sometimes deep rifts between the Sunni and Shi'a fanctions, there are Indonesians, Indians, Pakistanis, Arabs, North Africans, Afghans, Iraqis, Iranians, etc, etc. You might as well refer to 'the Catholics' as a single entity.

Right..........for the record, I do not subscibe to the BNP, I am a Consevative by nature. My point to you, is that you have alluded to the fact, that the BNP is 'racist' etc etc.......I say to you Mr Moderator man, that when the SNP got startet, there were those amongst it's ranks, that wanted to occupy the North sea rigs, claiming the oil was Scottish. They are now a mainstream party..............

Look at the IRA........killed loads of our troops, and civilians, and are now represented in Parliment.

My point...............Persons such as yourself, put down the BNP, but give the green light to others, that started out as radical groups.

For you, and Baj, who equally jumped on to your bandwagon.....open your eyes to the problems in this country. It is not about race, it's about over population. We are being metered on our water, yet live in a temperate climate. Our Utilities companys are warning us of power cuts, because they can't supply enough power....our roads are congested, we don't have enough houses.....we pay too much tax, and they want more, to pay for all those who can't find jobs......whilst our industry moves overseas looking for a cheaper labour force.........

The BNP........ha!!........they want to stop immigration, and put in controls simular to Australia.........and you think that's racist.ffs!!!!!

Good god I dont know where to start...

Let me pick a few nuggets... You do realise without immigration the city of London would effectively cease to function, that there's 70% turnaround of casual labour and without the immigrants who are willing to come to this country and do work, any work to contribute to society (of which my wife is one of those) then we would lose the functioning core of our capital.

Sinn Fein, give over... We now have a relative peace and they have a political say, I know what I prefer (especially having missed being torn apart by a "real ira" bomb by a matter of minutes.

Dont get me started on the tax issue, you know we have one of the lowest tax rates in Europe, right?

And you think people regard the BNP as racist because of their immigration policy... it's more likely their policies such as no dark skinned person can be a member of the party...

And you think people regard the BNP as racist because of their immigration policy... it's more likely their policies such as no dark skinned person can be a member of the party...

umm..not quite true..on BBC 2 they had a couple of people of carribean origin as BNP members talk for the BNP (or at least BNP Supporters)

umm..not quite true..on BBC 2 they had a couple of people of carribean origin as BNP members talk for the BNP (or at least BNP Supporters)

Indeed, they admitted that they weren't members per se.

The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) issued county court proceedings against the BNP on August 24 after voicing concerns in June about its constitution and membership criteria.The party's membership criteria appeared to be restricted to those within certain ethnic groups and to white people, according to the EHRC.The BNP responded by saying that it intended to clarify the word "white" on its website, but the Commission said it believed the party will continue to discriminate against potential or actual members on racial grounds.

Good god I dont know where to start...

Let me pick a few nuggets... You do realise without immigration the city of London would effectively cease to function, that there's 70% turnaround of casual labour and without the immigrants who are willing to come to this country and do work, any work to contribute to society (of which my wife is one of those) then we would lose the functioning core of our capital.

Sinn Fein, give over... We now have a relative peace and they have a political say, I know what I prefer (especially having missed being torn apart by a "real ira" bomb by a matter of minutes.

Dont get me started on the tax issue, you know we have one of the lowest tax rates in Europe, right?

Lol..............completly missed my point, then threw in your own agenda.

I have no problem with immigration.....but it has to be controlled....do you not get that, can you not see, that we live on an Island, we have a greater population than Australia, or Canada. Why do you think these immigrants bypass places such as Spain/France Germany etc, and risk their lives getting into this very populated Island..........I won't bother telling you, as you clearly have differing views to me!!!!!!!!!!.

As for The IRA etc........again, you has missed the point. They used to be radical...............so maybe, just maybe, there is some hope that the BNB will adjust to mainstream politics.

Tax's..........um, a debate for another time, perhaps factoring in wages against working hours etc.

Behave Baj............anything said, that you and others on here, disagree with, and you get rabid about it. Like I said, this is not about race IMO, it's about giving those already here, a chance. I could tell you a story, but then again, you will poo poo it, as you did with SS. Again, because it doesn't fit with your vision of Britain today.

Edited by Gingeletiss

Lol..............completly missed my point, then threw in your own agenda.

I have no problem with immigration.....but it has to be controlled....do you not get that, can you not see, that we live on an Island, we have a greater population than Australia, or Canada. Why do you think these immigrants bypass places such as Spain/France Germany etc, and risk their lives getting into this very populated Island..........I won't bother telling you, as you clearly have differing views to me!!!!!!!!!!.

As for The IRA etc........again, you has missed the point. The used to be radical...............so maybe, just maybe, there is some hope that the BNB will adjust to mainstream politics.

Tax's..........um, a debate for another time, perhaps factoring in wages against working hours etc.

Behave Baj............anything said, that you and others on here, disagree with, and you get rabid about it. Like I said, this is not about race IMO, it's about giving those already here, a chance. I could tell you a story, but then again, you will poo poo it, as you did with SS. Again, because it doesn't fit with your vision of Britain today.

So you counter my facts with opinions?

Good work...