League 1 Minus 10 - blog

L1Minus10

• 2 weeks later...
Brilliant as always. The weekend's round up isn't complete until L1-10 is put up.

Don't I know it... the pressure to get it finished is making me old....

Excellent report and analysis. You could have mentioned that we beat United with 5 League One players on the pitch!

Lambert, Fonte, Schneiderlin, Guly.... who's the other one?

*Nearly beat...

Moral victory....

I have to say that I have seen the thread many times and for some unknown reason I have failed to open it (sorry).

However today a friend posted a link on Facebook just as I stopped for a spot of lunch.

Now I have a tome to plough through that comes from the tongue in cheek parallel universe to the Hagiology products.

This should keep me going for ages Thank you............... and sorry!

• 2 weeks later...
Another excellent, amusing and well written article. MODERATORS - MAKE BILLY ****E'S LEAGUE ONE MINUS 10 A STICKY!!!!

That would seriously be a good move. I used to love reading the Keith Leg match reviews in the day, but these are even better. Always look forward to Tues mornings. Cheers Billy!

Thanks guys!. Appreciate the feedback. To be honest, I dunno if making it a sticky would make much difference. I think that when people see it once then they tend to remember it. The amount (lack of) of new threads started on the main page means this thread is rarely off the front page anyhow. I know one of the moderators but I know he's too busy chasing women to sort this out :-)

Well done Billy - a very accurate assessment of what I remember watching from the lofty heights of Newcastle. We were so high and far away from the pitch that it was like watching Subbuteo (for those old enough to remember) on the lounge carpet!

I did hear a rumour that Fonte was on the bench due to turning up late for training - talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face if that is true!!! Great to see the change in play once the magician Lallana and the magnifique Schneiderlin came on - pity they didn't start.

The goals that we have conceded lately have mainly come about due to mistakes and no brilliance from the opposition (Delph aside!) We weren't making these mistakes early in the season (of if we were we got away with them) and we need to cut them out. Hooiveld and Gazza nearly cost us dear on Saturday. Will be interesting to see the composition of the back 5 on Sunday.

Mods - even though Billy doesn't want it MAKE THIS A STICKY. No reports anywhere else ever comes close.

yeah, leagueoneminus10 is a must read for me also. He doesn't get many comments on the blog but Billy/Glen must know via web stats how many people (from all round the world) read his stuff. He writes as a 'normal' fan with a lot of wit and insight - so keep it up mate!

Can't make it on Sunday* as I'm Santa outside Tescos for Mrs.H's Lions. I'll record it but I'll also have a shufti at Glens excellent Blog as soon as it comes up.

*The reason I accepted was because originally we were playing Spuds on saturday and they changed it to suit bloody Sky again!!

Well done "Billy". I couldn't describe it better.

I stupidly said to a couple of mates in the pub before the game that I was very confident of a victory. One of them replied "have you seen the team?" Then my jaw dropped. Having witnessed first hand the shambles of the Gazza and Jos charity bash at Newcastle, I thought that there was no way Fonte woule be omitted and hopefully Kelvin might be fit or even Cropper may play!! To see Luke Shaw out just about put me on the floor. No way with that defence were we going to keep a clean sheet. To be fair to Fox, I thought he did ok. He's always slated for not picking up the player and marking space but MP must tell him to defend that way. I watched his reaction to Adam's goal and he pumped his fist in delight - it was a good run and pass to set it up. I know he's not a Luke Shaw but he puts his heart into it and is a good squad member who has helped us get back to the top. I would have been quite happy to have had him in the back four if Fonte and Kelvin were playing - but not with Jos and Gazza. It was never going to work. Rickie was out of sorts and I've never seen him waste so much possession and look so lethargic. He had a chance to pass the ball towards their box in the first ten minutes and despite being given acres of space by the poor Spurs defending, he just couldn't make the pass - it seemed to get stuck under his feet because he was so slow. J Rod was poor and offered little going forward. Without Lallana we would be seriously in trouble. I do hope he stays injury free. It will be interesting to see what team MP puts out at Cardiff. If its Jos and Gazza again I might make a U turn on the Severn Bridge! If not, then let's hope we can give the artificial Tan something else to whinge about.

Mods - even though Billy doesn't want it MAKE THIS A STICKY. No reports anywhere else ever comes close.

Than you, much appreciated

yeah, leagueoneminus10 is a must read for me also. He doesn't get many comments on the blog but Billy/Glen must know via web stats how many people (from all round the world) read his stuff. He writes as a 'normal' fan with a lot of wit and insight - so keep it up mate!

Consistently brilliant, mate.

Cheers. I'd say 'sometimes inspired, sometimes not quite so much' - a bit like a Sven Goran Erikssen interview answer

Can't make it on Sunday* as I'm Santa outside Tescos for Mrs.H's Lions. I'll record it but I'll also have a shufti at Glens excellent Blog as soon as it comes up.

*The reason I accepted was because originally we were playing Spuds on saturday and they changed it to suit bloody Sky again!!

I feel your pain... I missed Swansea at home and also had to go to Villa on my daughters birthday because of rescheduling.

Superb as usual. Likewise I would be delighted if Lukaku fired Everton into the Champions' League at the expense of Chelski, but I suspect that Chelski's policy with him is to have him take points away from their rivals.

Maybe. if it is then you can't blame Chelsea as the rules allow them to do it. Why loan him out otherwise - it's not as if they can't afford his wages.

i do, the tracker thing at the bottom of the front page is good for that. Over 180,000 views is pretty good. The reason it doesn;t get many comments is because I'm not on Newsnow. I tried but I got rejected because I swear too much.