League 1 Minus 10 - blog

L1Minus10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Quality as ever, many thanks for doing it. That is the most appropriate image to go with the blog ever.

I had that one and one of Hitler on the Champs Elysses in the war. Thought the spitfire ad was slightly less controversial.

Thanks. Made me laugh.

You're welcome.... cheers

Looking at the start date....I hope this thread stays here FOREVER.....if for no other reason than it will go to remind those " knockers " who so easily dismiss our recent history.

Older fans will recall that it took almost 50 years for us to get in the top division....the first time around (1966).....and the next generation that watched Saints stay there for 27 consecutive seasons.

You can praise Ted Bates, Lawrie McMenemy ...and whoever you like, but the fact of the matter is we have the basis for a successful club for the next 27 seasons, and if our Academy continues to turn out the talent..... perhaps without spending hundreds of millions to stay there, either.

Along the way we may see the demise of Chelsea (after Abrahamovic ditches them in one of his fits of anger), and Spurs and Man.U are relegated to become average mid-table sides that we beat regularly.

Goodness I feel really good after that rant.:badger: Here's to the future ....let's never forget 2009 or Marcus Liebherr.

You just get better every week Glen. Effin brilliant!

Glad you think so - I feel a bit like I've been struggling for the past few weeks...cheers!

Looking at the start date....I hope this thread stays here FOREVER.....if for no other reason than it will go to remind those " knockers " who so easily dismiss our recent history.

Older fans will recall that it took almost 50 years for us to get in the top division....the first time around (1966).....and the next generation that watched Saints stay there for 27 consecutive seasons.

You can praise Ted Bates, Lawrie McMenemy ...and whoever you like, but the fact of the matter is we have the basis for a successful club for the next 27 seasons, and if our Academy continues to turn out the talent..... perhaps without spending hundreds of millions to stay there, either.

Along the way we may see the demise of Chelsea (after Abrahamovic ditches them in one of his fits of anger), and Spurs and Man.U are relegated to become average mid-table sides that we beat regularly.

Goodness I feel really good after that rant.:badger: Here's to the future ....let's never forget 2009 or Marcus Liebherr.

Amen brother!

Always a splendid read. Cheers!

Thank you kindly, much appreciated...

That was well worth waiting all week for.................... Very funny.

Thank you.

You're welcome... keep an eye on True Geordie though, wonderful stuff.

:lol: More great work, I hope you can keep doing this for some time to come!

Well, the original plan was to do five years along the lines of Cortese's Five Year Plan....

FIVE YEARS ON ....and still going strong. :toppa:

Flagging a bit at times... it has to be said...

This blog gets better and better every time, top work!

Very kind of you, cheers.

What a shame the league season is soon to end and we will have to wait until blooming August to get the most well balanced Saints match report back on the t'internet again.

Once again spot on

Opposition fans don't seem to think I'm very balanced... ha ha

Another great write-up. I'd love to comment but not keen on opening a Google account just to do so......

LOVED the half time chat BTW. Most original and highly amusing.

Keep it up!

Cheers mate!

Thanks Glen for a most entertaining read which is totally (unbiased - I made that up)to the point and informative, especially for those who don't/can't make the matches.

Have a nice summer break and hopefully I'll be seeing you again next season.

PS. How many pens have we been cheated out of this season?