League 1 Minus 10 - blog

L1Minus10

The paragraph about Lallana is spot on. He has on the whole been pretty poor this season and we've been worse since he's returned.

He frustrates me in the same way that Morgan did in his first couple of seasons. So much ability but doesn't do enough with it. Adam should have at least as many goals as Punch and Gaston but he continually lets himself down with lazy finishing. Morgan has scored more goals than him this season from a much deeper position. Saturday was a prime example - could have taken a touch but chose to just wave his left foot at it and smack it into the crowd.

He frustrates me in the same way that Morgan did in his first couple of seasons. So much ability but doesn't do enough with it. Adam should have at least as many goals as Punch and Gaston but he continually lets himself down with lazy finishing. Morgan has scored more goals than him this season from a much deeper position. Saturday was a prime example - could have taken a touch but chose to just wave his left foot at it and smack it into the crowd.

I'm with you on this. Technically the most gifted player at the club, does nothing with the end product. Also no pace. But lets not turn this into a Lallana thread as it's a great thread about your great blog.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A great assessment of the squad. Totally agree about Clyne & Cork not getting an call-up for the pointless end of season England friendlies. Glenn Johnson is a defensive liability and should at best be a backup right back. During the post-Brazil friendly match hand-wringing on Radio 5, they were talking about how much we missed Wilshere with his ability to get the ball off the back four and move it forward simply. I was shouting at the radio about Jack Cork. Not sure he'd get in the team ahead of Wilshere but he's got to be a better bet than Jack "show me the Etihad money" Rodwell. None of the City ST holders I know (and that's a fair few living up here) rate him at all. Love how Schneiderlin has improved as we've risen through the divisions. Just hope he's still with us when(?) we reach the next League (Europa?).

End of season rating for the blog.

8/10

I always enjoy reading it but towards the end of the season a little like the team the writing sort of slowed down a bit (not to say it wasn't good just not the usual standard). I also thought sometimes you and I were watching different games but that's the great thing about opinions and it's good to have a different persons view on the game. I always look forward to reading this on a weekly basis and long may it continue.

A great assessment of the squad. Totally agree about Clyne & Cork not getting an call-up for the pointless end of season England friendlies. Glenn Johnson is a defensive liability and should at best be a backup right back. During the post-Brazil friendly match hand-wringing on Radio 5, they were talking about how much we missed Wilshere with his ability to get the ball off the back four and move it forward simply. I was shouting at the radio about Jack Cork. Not sure he'd get in the team ahead of Wilshere but he's got to be a better bet than Jack "show me the Etihad money" Rodwell. None of the City ST holders I know (and that's a fair few living up here) rate him at all. Love how Schneiderlin has improved as we've risen through the divisions. Just hope he's still with us when(?) we reach the next League (Europa?).

Cheers. England thing is a bugbear but with the idiot Hodgson in charge, no one from a mid table club will get a look in. It's always been that way int he last 20 years but the disappointment is that I though Hodgson would be different as in the main, he's spent his career in mid table. I think he could be on par with McClaren as far as crap England manager's are concerned.

Brilliant Blog - love the photos , alway make me laugh. Plus the 2 year extension for Kelv bringing him up to 63 means I have to purchase a new keyboard

Keep it up bud

Will do... am still mystified as to why you give a 36 year old reserve keeper a new contract...

End of season rating for the blog.

8/10

I always enjoy reading it but towards the end of the season a little like the team the writing sort of slowed down a bit (not to say it wasn't good just not the usual standard). I also thought sometimes you and I were watching different games but that's the great thing about opinions and it's good to have a different persons view on the game. I always look forward to reading this on a weekly basis and long may it continue.

Constructive criticism - like it! Where's the 'block' button! Ha ha. Yep, some games are so uninspiring that it's the silk purse out of a sow's ear argument. I remember reading through the Swansea away 0-0 after I'd finished and thinking it wasn't great. There was bugger all in that game aside from a disallowed goal. Maybe I should make the boring games shorter... all reports seem to come out the same length.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Great work! Many a smile and a good way to kick off the season.

Only thing I whole heartedly disagree with is Zaha being the one to watch, unless its to point and laugh, he'll be the donkey of united's season...

Thought about putting Kagawa as I think he'll play more this season. Zaha is overhyped, f'sure...

• 2 weeks later...

Just read the 'Blog' Glen. We didn't make the match on Sunday for the very same reason you can't make the 1330 againt Swansea.Ours is a 400 miles round trip so even though the Grandson's match finished at 1315 we still couldn't make it.Love the blog and it's much appreciated from up here in the wilds!

Just because people don't comment much on here don't think it's not appreciated. I always look forward to your blog. Keep up the good work!

many thanks... yeah, sometimes it feels like I'm writing for my mum and dad only.... ha ha, not really, it's nice seeing comments though, unless it's West Ham or Brighton fans calling me all sorts of names...

Just read the 'Blog' Glen. We didn't make the match on Sunday for the very same reason you can't make the 1330 againt Swansea.Ours is a 400 miles round trip so even though the Grandson's match finished at 1315 we still couldn't make it.Love the blog and it's much appreciated from up here in the wilds!

I thank you Sir, it's bad enough for those living nearby like me. You certainly won't find anyone at the Premier League or the FA who gives a **** about the out of towners when they come to dish out early or late kick offs.

Billy,

I'd like to add my name to the "****e Appreciation" list please. I am an avid reader and normally check your site a few times on a Monday waiting for the posting - whether I've been to the match or not.

Please do keep it up (I think you'll find there is a fairly large "****e Army" out there somewhere!).

Tony F