League 1 Minus 10 - blog

L1Minus10

Enjoyable as always. You'll have your work cut out to keep up with the games over the next week!

It actually makes it easier - focusses the mind and there's not so much going on between the games so it makes the opening section shorter...

Everton one was bang on! (Please drink more for the 19 Christmas games)

Drink consumption will be up until the New Years Day game. Wenger will be getting both barrels.

:lol:

good read

quite funny when you think about it. Hoofing the ball up to their fair small, non scoring striker against 3 international CBs

:lol:

Yeah, classic Warnock. Dinosaur manager suited to League 1 and Championship at best. Thing is, you don't even have to be that good a CB to defend against that, you just have to be good in the air.

One of the main reasons I read this is because Glen is a Saint through and through.He tells it like it is,not how he thinks it should be.I tried to watch MOTD as we were away for Christmas and the 'summing up' (after) the Liverhampton game was appalling. Thanks again Glen.Happy New year to you and yours and 'Be careful going over the Itchen!'

• 2 weeks later...

Great read again. I caught up with MoTD2 earlier and BR was talking about how Coutinho's goal was "down to his system." I was just thinking about how many times he was called a tosser in your blog, and I really can't think of any other words to describe the man. An absolute tosser.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Excellent report, as always Glen... So much I agree on, not least "Danny "f*cking" Rose"!! And also wish our fans would lay off Pelle 2015....

Pelle illustrates more than anyone, the lot of a striker. He struggled in the first few games and he gets stick. Then he's brilliant and now he gets stick again. Any foreign player in their first season in England has a dip - Tadic and Mane are other examples this season. Pelle is a good player but playing up front on your own in your first season in England, getting no help from referees and playing every single game is going to lead to dips in form.

Indeed - the fickleness of fans is well-documented, but having followed your posts for 6-odd years across Europe, Asia and Africa (do I qualify for my Scout's "Stalker's Badge"?! And don't consider the weekend sport's coverage to have finished until I've read your comments), I often think about one of your opening statements when you started this blog, and it remains true today...

"The idea of this blog is to go from this point onward. I'm sure I'll delve into the past from time to time but the recent history of the club has been ****e (quite frankly) and I want to leave it behind and besides, I don't want to get sued by Rupert Lowe. Talking about about the recent past is akin to talking about former relationships in that no good can ever come of it."

I think we've progressed just a little from then, no? When we're 6th in the premier league, and our biggest complaints are Pelle, Tadic, Mane, etc being out of form, then some of us need to have words with ourselves!!

• 2 weeks later...

I sit down below you Glen on Row B of the Family Section and we saw Lamela clearly guide the ball past Kelvin with his forearm.Reason he got away with it is because that useless excuse for a Lino was six yards behind the play most of the time.It was only at corners that he was able to keep up with play and even then he blocked our view.Nevertheless a good read as usual.Thanks.

I sit down below you Glen on Row B of the Family Section and we saw Lamela clearly guide the ball past Kelvin with his forearm.Reason he got away with it is because that useless excuse for a Lino was six yards behind the play most of the time.It was only at corners that he was able to keep up with play and even then he blocked our view.Nevertheless a good read as usual.Thanks.

I thought there was something odd about it at the time - just the way it came off of him. Not sure if he did it on purpose... because his arm wasn't stuck out I can;t really blame lino for missing it. I don;t think Lamela means to do anything to be honest. ****ing useless.

• 2 weeks later...

I read it last night and as always was thoroughly entertained, tried to give you a nudge but found you are too posh for PM's ;)

That poor bloke turning up late, made me think of the stragglers when we played Tranmere in the League cup (that was 6-1 to from recall) their goalie passed the ball straight to CMFG who accepted the gift and lofted it up over the keepers head from a good way out beautifully into the net, the many stragglers coming in late all looked a bit disappointed.

Only one more to go this term Glen and off you go for a well deserved rest.Thanks for the entertaining reports that always show Saints as real rather than the mythology build up Londoncentric 'big clubs' get all the time. A great season and a great future for SFC.