Pes 2009

Robsk II

Still maintain it's poor and graphics wise has nothing on Fifa which actually got better graphics wise this year. The crowd in PES09 is pitiful, PES09 remains structured around getting the ball then trying to run with the ball past people. It is tottally voidless of passing. And then when you do try to pass it uses a 1980's rail system where you pass it and the ball becomes automatic, the really annoying thing is you do a through ball or a pass into the path of someone running and the player just stops before he gets the ball and the ball runs out of play. Just watch the first 2 mins of this official video http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LfohbZdzOao

God you don't half type some sh1te.

There's been a supercancel button to override the "rail" thing for about 5 years now, the rails are all but irrelevant in PES2009 (other than the logical straight line to the ball being a rail of sorts) and PES2009 is ALL about passing.

You clearly haven't played it, just like you hadn't played Fantasista and didn't know what the hell you were talking about there either.

God you don't half type some sh1te.

There's been a supercancel button to override the "rail" thing for about 5 years now, the rails are all but irrelevant in PES2009 (other than the logical straight line to the ball being a rail of sorts) and PES2009 is ALL about passing.

You clearly haven't played it, just like you hadn't played Fantasista and didn't know what the hell you were talking about there either.

You know what, normally i would come back saying your full of **** etc.. etc.. but i really can't be bothered. If you want to believe there is no rail system and it is ALL about passing then you believe that. I couldn't care less. I read what the guys are saying in their reviews as i have only played the demo, i never said i owned the full game, like with the Fantasista comment where did i say i played that?? Your pulling assumptions out of your arse to try and sound intelligent. I will quote a line from a review on thunderbolt

The passing system is stuck in past generations, with players have to manually pass with the right analogue stick if they don’t want to pass the ball seemingly on rails between team mates. This is an awkward configuration, especially considering that FIFA allows manual passing as standard.

http://www.thunderboltgames.com/previews/article/pro-evolution-soccer-2009-preview-for-xbox360.html

So if they have played the full game and say it is passing on rails then i tend to believe them. Your entitled to your opinion just don't try and pass it off as fact as it isn't. As me and Rob said above, some might like the game and some won't. Don't cry about it.

そう叫びはそれについての小さい雌犬行く :)

Marco - judging the official video is hardly a decent basis. A video may well intend to convey the 'beauty' of the game or whatever rather than providing a good insight into how the game feels and plays. Why not judge it on the demo alone which you claim to have played? The video simply shouldn't come into a judgement on gameplay.

I'm not saying it's good for the sake of it, and that's an absurd accusation. I am not one to be blinkered. Clearly PES09 will still have its detractors, and still has its faults. The graphics engine is creaking, no doubt about it - BUT it looks pretty decent overall, and it is a step forwards from last year. I think the player models are generally better than FIFA, and the lighting has improved. They won't be able to get away with it any more, we all know it, but this years looks OK. The crowd is laughable, yes, but the d.o.f. effect helps. They have also done something like that on the pitch, which looks a bit better than before too - further away on the pitch looks further away, if that makes sense. We all know the stupid banners ("Celery"), too many konami adboards, etc are a ****ing joke.. little things alone, but as a package reek of stupidity and lack of attention to detail. They don't break the game, but they really do have a massive effect on the realism. Also, Konami clearly misses a trick a lot of the tie with its team research and so on. The animation will soon need reworking, too. Still - I reject your view that they are awful, and the grass and so on are better than before on PES. Not perfect, but not a **** up.

However - if I buy it, I will get the PC version, I will download patches and so on to render the license problems moot, and I will be playing at 1680x1050. It will look better than the console versions, probably. It'll come with all the custom sounds people make and so on, so I reckon it'll be the best way to play it. I may well try FIFA at some point - but the problem is, half the people said FIFA was great last year. It simply wasn't. it was a whole lot better than other versions of recent times, and i actually played it quite a lot. This, however, is what broke it for me. After a while, it became too easy. Goals started to feel samey, it was too easy to beat people, the animations looked cheesy, as did a lot of the graphics. I just got tired of it. The old PES games I would still be playing a year later, because at the end of the day, the game FELT better. Goals FELT worked for and never really easy, even when you dicked the computer. As it was, I got rid of FIFA last year, and ended up playing the admittedly relatively crappy PES08 instead. That says it all. I just expect the gameplay to be better in PES, and while I will reserve judgement, I sort of expect it to be the same deal - particularly given that it feels 'fixed' in PES from what I've seen in the demo.

Out of interest, where do you get your patches from? I use pesgaming.com but i sometimes dont know if theres a better website out there...?

FWIW every year i download one of the two games and always buy the one i like most for the online gaming side of it. I installed Fifa tonight and then the first thing i noticed that my joypad was not compatible for it (to which I had to download a 3rd party patch)... Fifa never changes, the main problem is the ball physics. Funnyily enough ive not played fifa consistantly since Fifa 2002.

Hm, there are usually a few kicking about, and any of the more prominent community forums will probably have the same 'leading' ones as the most viewed or whatever. Pesgaming is one I have used in the past, but winningelevenblog.com seem reasonably decent and are preparing a decent OF in advance of release, though not for PC for some stupid reason, grr. Still - pesgaming certainly will have some stuff quickly, and yes, patching PC versions properly is much easier than console versions, though still not entirely straightforward if I recall. I hope someone has a decent fiddle with some of the stats this year, because some of it looks a long way off IMO. Walcott should have amazing speed, everyone knows this, but some 'name' players are crazily quick for no reason while Walcott is just moderately speedy. Fernando Torres, a genuinely big name nowadays, has a relatively slow dribble speed, or decidedly average, and from what I've seen of him, he's pretty nippy. Some of the points about aerial ability are a bit dodgy too, like some players being consistently beaten by others they'd often beat or at the very least contend with in the air. Overall though - I do think the engine will be rewarding this time around, which is great. I guess I'll get mine Friday or Saturday.

You know what, normally i would come back saying your full of **** etc.. etc.. but i really can't be bothered. If you want to believe there is no rail system and it is ALL about passing then you believe that. I couldn't care less. I read what the guys are saying in their reviews as i have only played the demo, i never said i owned the full game, like with the Fantasista comment where did i say i played that?? Your pulling assumptions out of your arse to try and sound intelligent. I will quote a line from a review on thunderbolt

The passing system is stuck in past generations, with players have to manually pass with the right analogue stick if they don’t want to pass the ball seemingly on rails between team mates. This is an awkward configuration, especially considering that FIFA allows manual passing as standard.

http://www.thunderboltgames.com/previews/article/pro-evolution-soccer-2009-preview-for-xbox360.html

So if they have played the full game and say it is passing on rails then i tend to believe them. Your entitled to your opinion just don't try and pass it off as fact as it isn't. As me and Rob said above, some might like the game and some won't. Don't cry about it.

そう叫びはそれについての小さい雌犬行く :)

Well, the first thing is that the final game is the same as the demo, so not sure what your issue with having your own opinion rather than someone else's is.

You'll forgive me for never having read anything from Thunderbolt games, but what they've said is cobblers anyway. The right stick allows manual passing of any length, on the ground and in the air, in 8 directions. That's about as free as you'd want, given that you can also do a controlled pass towards the nearest teammate in any direction. In PES bad players will pass it reasonably near to the closest player in the selected direction, and good players will pass it accurately. That's pretty much all there is to that.

The rail running stuff is nonsense, and a 5 year old criticism that was addressed that long ago by allowing the controlling human to override the player following the straightest path to meet the ball (and allow sprinting to intercept it earlier).

And what's that about crying like a little b1tch you've put in Japanese ? Very big of you, but clearly not very clever.

No crying here, just lots of proving you really don't know the subject as well as you like to portray. As happened with Fantasista, which I absolutely didn't say you had played, I said you clearly hadn't played, as you rattled on about the irrelevant manual cursors rather than the thing Become a Legend is actually based on from a Japanese PS2 game of summer 2007.

Oh and 大きいヘルペス乗られたゴリラの球を吸う . :D

Rob, the reason there's no PC OF is purely Kitserver, the vast number of easily importable graphics already online, and the ease of modding the game using GGS and AFS Explorer. Why do an OF when you can amend the original game code almost as easily ?

There's a GREAT PES stats debating website around somewhere too, all the comparisons in all the positions. The stats Db needs some work, but at least it actually matters in the game.

Oh and I'm off work on Friday, because having said I'd be renting first, the demo has convinced me I'll be picking it up at midnight again. And I fully expect online to suck (at best), and for Konami to bring out an online transfer update which may well knacker everyone's advance OFs ! The WENB one looks better than PESFan so far, the latter don't seem to have the detail right.

PS If anyone's flogging a PS3 cheap I may be interested, bloody import .png mode...

Out of interest, why not? That's a stupid statement. You can get PC controllers in PS or Xbox style that are perfectly fine. The graphics are almost always better, the sound set-up etc depends on how good a system you have, and it's often going to be superior to a console. For me it is, anyway, and I've got a 22" monitor and a good system, which is nice, and can run PES at 1680 by 1050.

Oh, yes, and as mentioned above, it's much more customisable and easier to do so.

Opinions?

I know what you're doing Evil Monkey but I won't spoil your fun.

What am I doing Rob?

I bought Fifa last week, not overly impressed with it. Just want to know definitively, which is the better game. Always bought PES in the past, but thought Fifa was meant to be the nuts this year. I dont want to trade it in, then find out the PES is even worse, so was searching for advice.

Well, the first thing is that the final game is the same as the demo, so not sure what your issue with having your own opinion rather than someone else's is.

You'll forgive me for never having read anything from Thunderbolt games, but what they've said is cobblers anyway. The right stick allows manual passing of any length, on the ground and in the air, in 8 directions. That's about as free as you'd want, given that you can also do a controlled pass towards the nearest teammate in any direction. In PES bad players will pass it reasonably near to the closest player in the selected direction, and good players will pass it accurately. That's pretty much all there is to that.

The rail running stuff is nonsense, and a 5 year old criticism that was addressed that long ago by allowing the controlling human to override the player following the straightest path to meet the ball (and allow sprinting to intercept it earlier).

And what's that about crying like a little b1tch you've put in Japanese ? Very big of you, but clearly not very clever.

No crying here, just lots of proving you really don't know the subject as well as you like to portray. As happened with Fantasista, which I absolutely didn't say you had played, I said you clearly hadn't played, as you rattled on about the irrelevant manual cursors rather than the thing Become a Legend is actually based on from a Japanese PS2 game of summer 2007.

Oh and 大きいヘルペス乗られたゴリラの球を吸う . :D

Rob, the reason there's no PC OF is purely Kitserver, the vast number of easily importable graphics already online, and the ease of modding the game using GGS and AFS Explorer. Why do an OF when you can amend the original game code almost as easily ?

There's a GREAT PES stats debating website around somewhere too, all the comparisons in all the positions. The stats Db needs some work, but at least it actually matters in the game.

Oh and I'm off work on Friday, because having said I'd be renting first, the demo has convinced me I'll be picking it up at midnight again. And I fully expect online to suck (at best), and for Konami to bring out an online transfer update which may well knacker everyone's advance OFs ! The WENB one looks better than PESFan so far, the latter don't seem to have the detail right.

PS If anyone's flogging a PS3 cheap I may be interested, bloody import .png mode...

Firstly my Japanese was made up by my Japanese collegue to test you = you obviously put it in a translator so thus have no clue about Japanese. Secondly your Japanese is again obviously taken from a translator because it makes zero sense. I get the jist of what your trying to say but lets put it this way i'm sure you probably have a lot of experience in that area so would know all about them ;)

Thirdly again with the assumptions. I never once said anything about Fantasista....I have no idea what your talking about. All i can remember about that is we were talking about Be a Pro in Fifa and in PES. I said they have revolutioned that by making it 10vs10 online and by allowing you to have a career where you play as one person and move from team to team via transfers and maybe get called up to the national side and so on. You replied by saying Fantasista revolutioned it, i never argued that. However after doing a bit more reading i find it is not quite what you say. It would appear your talking about Winning 11 2007 and talking about "Fantasista Mode". Also i read on the Evo forums that it doesn't work in the sense there is loads wrong with it. Mainly your team mates get the ball and run straight into an opponent and lose possesion.. So while they might have technically done Be a Pro first this generation the two modes are very different it would seem. But either way the point is not how it plays but the fact they came up with it first. Which they didn't. Another point which you clearly missed was i mentioned games that came up with the idea of controlling one player long ago. There is a game called "Total Control Football" that was made in 1996. That is 11 years before Konami did it. There are various other games too which allow the progression of one player in lots of different games. In 1992 Nintendo made a game called Super Soccer that had the on the pitch view.

So no i never claimed to know about World Fantasista. I never claimed i know all about PES (even if i have played every version since ISS excluding the Jap versions) and so on. I based my views on what i myself have seen and read. If i read others views such as on the evo forums now and read their complaints about this years game then again that is their opinions. A lot of their opinions i agree with and a lot i don't. I don't claim to know everything about the series in terms of it's history of Fifa and PES. I'm just a guy who plays them. I have PES09 for my PC. It's ****. But it can be updated with various patches/files and i can live with that.

So now we have gathered that i don't know everything about PES your point was what exactly?

All this talk of Pro Evolution Soccer has got me looking at my old copy of PES4. I've still got my all-conquering Saints team on there, halfway through a season on Level 6. Way out of date though. The only actual players that are there are Lallana and Gillet. And I retired Michael Svensson because I thought he'd never come back in real life.

Of course, I may still not be completely wrong. :(

Still torn between getting this and FIFA. Enjoyed the FIFA demo a lot more and the game modes look plenty enticing, but I always used to be a PES sorta guy. Might have to rent PES to check it out properly.

Oh, as an aside, could a member make a PSN ID thread? I'm waiting on my subscription so I can't do it yet. Most of my mates have 360s, so it would be good to populate my PS3 friends a bit more!

Mine is amplifiedAnt, everybody is welcome to add me, though I may ask who the hell you are if your username is different to on here :)

Firstly my Japanese was made up by my Japanese collegue to test you = you obviously put it in a translator so thus have no clue about Japanese. Secondly your Japanese is again obviously taken from a translator because it makes zero sense. I get the jist of what your trying to say but lets put it this way i'm sure you probably have a lot of experience in that area so would know all about them ;)

Thirdly again with the assumptions. I never once said anything about Fantasista....I have no idea what your talking about. All i can remember about that is we were talking about Be a Pro in Fifa and in PES. I said they have revolutioned that by making it 10vs10 online and by allowing you to have a career where you play as one person and move from team to team via transfers and maybe get called up to the national side and so on. You replied by saying Fantasista revolutioned it, i never argued that. However after doing a bit more reading i find it is not quite what you say. It would appear your talking about Winning 11 2007 and talking about "Fantasista Mode". Also i read on the Evo forums that it doesn't work in the sense there is loads wrong with it. Mainly your team mates get the ball and run straight into an opponent and lose possesion.. So while they might have technically done Be a Pro first this generation the two modes are very different it would seem. But either way the point is not how it plays but the fact they came up with it first. Which they didn't. Another point which you clearly missed was i mentioned games that came up with the idea of controlling one player long ago. There is a game called "Total Control Football" that was made in 1996. That is 11 years before Konami did it. There are various other games too which allow the progression of one player in lots of different games. In 1992 Nintendo made a game called Super Soccer that had the on the pitch view.

So no i never claimed to know about World Fantasista. I never claimed i know all about PES (even if i have played every version since ISS excluding the Jap versions) and so on. I based my views on what i myself have seen and read. If i read others views such as on the evo forums now and read their complaints about this years game then again that is their opinions. A lot of their opinions i agree with and a lot i don't. I don't claim to know everything about the series in terms of it's history of Fifa and PES. I'm just a guy who plays them. I have PES09 for my PC. It's ****. But it can be updated with various patches/files and i can live with that.

So now we have gathered that i don't know everything about PES your point was what exactly?

Funnily enough once I'd run the translation from English to Japanese and back again I was happy to post it, that was kind of the point.

I have been thinking of learning Japanese, the only phrases I know at the moment are SHOOOOTOOOOO and HEADING-A.

I haven't read the rest of your post, I've been too busy playing PES2009.

After playing the demo last night I cancelled the order. It's alright - but not enough improvements from last year for me. Fifa is better.

Shame - I used to be similar to the9 and be only for PES.

Hey, I'll play whatever I like better, don't get fanboy-tagging on me.

I like it so far in the main, although the single player doesn't challenge me a lot. BAL mode is fine, but the AI in it seems to be pretty damn ****, which is my biggest gripe so far. Team-mates just lose the ball continually, even in defence, very rarely doing much of use, don't use space well, don't play the ball at the right time, etc. Is still OK, am second season in, started at Villa having scored in my Babalayna game, switched to Newcastle, now hovering around 4th/5th with 15 games of the season left. I'm getting better stats wise, but still having to rely on me rather than my chap. Am playing CM, 3 assists, 2 goals, 4 MOMs.

I got it together with my new 360 Elite on Monday. I am really enjoying it, already edited Saints in (and they look alright!) am really enjoying BAL mode and find it excellent. (I literally jumped up and went crazy when I scored two on my Debut for Sparta Rotterdam after coming off the bench with 15 minutes to go!)

Tried the FIFA demo, it seems to be a more 'realistic' and feasable interpretation of football on the surface, but PES is so close behind its not really worth fretting about.

Edited by Colinjb

FWIW, Templates for Saints kits :

HOME

Shirt

73 Red, 3 Black, 4 White, 7 Red, Basic 2 White

Short

19 White, 8 Red, X, Basic Black

Socks

6 Red, 14 White, Basic Red

Name

8, Top, Type 2, Black, Gold (RGB 18/15/0)

Number

9, Black, Gold.

Short Number

Left, White, Gold.

AWAY

Shirt

3 Red, 23 White, 55 Charcoal (RGB 6/6/8 ), 33 White, Basic Charcoal.

Short

19 White, 32 Red, 8 Red, Basic Charcoal.

Socks

11 Charcoal, 10 white, Basic Charcoal

Name

8, Top, Type 2, Red, Gold (RGB 18/15/0)

Number

9, Red, Gold.

Short Number

Left, Red, Gold.

ALTERNATIVE RED AWAY SHORTS/SOCKS (from Doncaster match) :

Short

19 White, 32 White, 8 White, Basic Red

Socks

11 Red, 10 White, Basic Red

Short Number

Left, White, Gold.

The issues, to save anyone banging on about them :

Home Shirt : Red panel on shoulder isn't QUITE the right size and the white meshy bit can't be created cos there aren't enough layers - Though if you wanted the white meshy bit the number 23 style will do it for you (but you get the lines continuing on the back too, and you'll have to sarcifice the white bit on the collar).

The emblem won't be in the right place, it should be on the camera-right red stripe but Konami places it automatically half way across that stripe and the white one.

Home Shorts : The White piece is fine, but the red trim is only representative of thin red lines and isn't in the exact right place - though it does a nice thing with the small amount of red trim on the bottom seam of the shorts. Anyone who wants a bigger red bit there can use the small Nike seam piece (as seen on old Brazil and Arsenal kits) which is one of the last shorts styles. There's no V in the middle of the back of the shorts, it just can't be done with the available patterns.

Home Socks A couple too many hoops admittedly, but the white turnover is correct and there's nothing resembling the Umbro diamond pattern to create that.

Away Shirt : NB If you create the Umbro logo on the kit (don't save it as an emblem, use the other type of editable area for the whole shirt front) you'll need to use a different Umbro logo from the one on the home kit or it overlaps the piping. There's red trim alongside the white lines on the actual kit but that can't be done due to the 4 layer limit, so I've used white lines as there's plenty of red in the numbers already. The piping continues onto the back of the shirt, and there are no templates that can cover this without ruining the piping effect on the front.

Away Shorts Same style as the home kit, same issues.

Away Socks Again no Diamond logos, but the area of plain colour at the top of the sock means the thin extra line under the main sock hoop is the only problem.

Alt away shorts/socks image sfc_1222702270_DoncastervsSAINTS16001.jpg

Away kit in game (no adverts at the mo)

n708351930_1415604_5527.jpg

Hull shorts (same Umbro style as Saints) as illustration.

n708351930_1466736_1444.jpg

Just noticed, if you do the Alternative Red shorts as in the pics above, there's no big white flash on the short, so the Design 8 layer should be off (or possibly just red like the rest of the shorts) rather than white.

Wish I had an edit button on this site, but I'm still begrudging the fiver at the moment ! ;)

Oh, and here's a pic of the standard away kit for the hell of it

sfc_1219533156_Derby_Gallery11.jpg

I took a picture of the Badge, Sponsor and Umbro badge in one shot for out kits, so I have all 3 on mine and have to edit the kit around this

How do you get it to accept 2 emblems? I have the saints badge on mine and the sponsor, but thats it.

• 2 weeks later...
You're right, trust me to not notice he wrote something underneath!

No, that was all my own doing, thanks that "some bloke knows his sh1t" thing was me being ironic !

And yes, on 360, but the templates are exactly the same on the PS3 - though if you've got any sense you'll just import the images from one of the many MANY patches already out there for too-easy PS3 Option Files ;)

To answer the question of how you get all that stuff on one picture, it's as follows (for the in-game editor, i.e. 360 users, cos as I've said, PS3 users can just import stuff saved to USB from photoshop or whatever and there's loads of png files already on evo-web and PESFan and PESRepublic and PESGaming etc. Aaaaanyway :

(Assuming you already have your Emblem created and saved in the Emblems), you just make a Chest logo for the whole shirt front with all the emblem and sponsors on it and switch off the emblem, as said above

Go to Kit Marking

• Choose Chest Logo : Custom
  • Choose "Custom" again, cos Konami are nobbers
  • "Create from Scratch"
  • "Draw Yourself"
  • Then select "Images" > "Emblem" and choose your emblem from those shown (max 40).
  • Decide where on the shirt you want that emblem, moving it around with the left stick (don't use the right stick unless you want to stretch or shrink it).
  • Press A (or X on a PS3) to paste the emblem where you want it.
  • Press the "back" button which is red B on 360, whatever the right button is on PS3, O I think ?
  • If you have a sponsor already saved to the front shirt image file re-select "Images" to add that, move it around, lock it in place with A, etc.
  • Keep adding images and logos til you are done. If you don't have any logos, either download an Option File and use Xport/Xsata or PS3 it, or just start drawing the things in the pixel editor... it will take ages on 360. If you do it on PS3 you are a lunatic.
  • When finished, Confirm and save to a free slot, there are 200 shirt fronts, more than enough for all the unlicensed teams, even with 2 outfield and 2 GK shirts for each.

I'd recommend you get your re-usable manufacturer's logos sorted first, as they can be used over and over again.

And vitally, if you use the Eraser tool you create the checkerboard "transparency", allowing you just to add what you want and leave the rest the colour of the background. One thing worth knowing, it stretches the sponsor across the middle of the shirt, so try a few sizings before you do too much detail, cos it might look perfect on the pixel editor screen but rubbish on the shirt itself.

Oh, btw I've had a closer look at the Saints shorts and I reckon you should get rid of the white flashes (the #19 template) from the front of the red shorts, cos I think that contrast colour is actually not on the alternative shorts.

So alternate red shorts would be:

Short

32 White, 8 White, Empty, Basic Red

Socks

11 Red, 10 White, Basic Red

Short Number

Left, White, Gold.

Might be able to improve on that, but haven't tried yet. I'm still baing annoyed that I can't get my Saints emblem (or indeed any emblem) out of my Mem Unit OF and into another Option File cos all the emblems are tied to the Option File, even though the Uniform Files can be mixed and matched across different saves.

Though wait a minute, if I back up my HDD to my PC, load the Mem Unit with the Saints emblem, create a shirt front with the Saints emblem on it, save that to the HDD and then remove the Uniform file from the Game Save with the Xport, I'll at least have a shirt front I can import with the badge on it and I'm going to have to create the flybe logo from scratch anyway.

I'll give it a go... when I'm free on Thursday or something. How is it 1am ? :)

Hm, ok I did it just now, you can't do it, and I've accidentally solved Colinjb's question as well, I think...

...you can only have more than 2 items on a chest logo if you're using the HDD for storage. And you can never have more than 2 emblems per team, though you can have 200 chest logos overall.

Basically if you're using the Mem Unit to store the OF, you're restricted to only 2 images per team whether they're Emblems or Chest logos (i.e. shirt fronts).

*I think*.

Just testing copying my Mem Unit 001 and 002 Uniform files to the HDD using the 360 Data Manager to see if it'll let me, that would give me a (crap) flybe and umbro logo at least!!!

Ok, well at least THAT works, so if you have your shirt fronts stuck on your Mem Unit you CAN get them onto the HDD save file just using the in game Memory manager - but as the files can't be renamed from Uniform001 and Uniform002 you'll have to make sure the HDD files in slots 001 and 002 are either blank or that you have a copy of them in a different slot first.

If you just copy the Uniform001 and Uniform002 using the Memory application you can only overwrite the existing files.

But at least you can get the kit fronts off the Mem Card without using a 3rd Party application - though not the bloody emblems (and there's a checksum calculation stopping people hacking the bin file and creating an emblem/OF editor at the moment, if you change the emblem files on the OF.bin using a 3rd party application they just don't work in the game apparently).

That'll be my last post for 24 hours then unless someone wants to pay my fiver to Steve or Baj ! ;).