Exeter

bungle

I presume the "3+ priority" thing means all those having been to 3 (and registered their number) will get a ticket.

That's what I'd have thought, bearing in mind the "6 plus" system a few years ago pretty much did the same thing. However, with our quite substantial away following this season, I don't believe for a second that everyone who has been to three or more will get one...

Lowest away attendances that I can find for this season confirm Hartlepool was 635, Stockport was 710.

I would have thought there are more than 800 ST holders with 3 or more away tickets on their records or else they wouldn't have mentioned the ballot.

This is the biggest p*sstake of all. I sent mine off earlier today just after the news was announced - it should be done on a first come first serve basis, no through a f*cking ballot.

Considering the time left between now and the deadline, hopefully if enough of us make our thoughts clear they will change their mind to first come first serve.

This is the biggest p*sstake of all. I sent mine off earlier today just after the news was announced - it should be done on a first come first serve basis, no through a f*cking ballot.

Considering the time left between now and the deadline, hopefully if enough of us make our thoughts clear they will change their mind to first come first serve.

First come first serve is just as bad, the fairest way imo is just to give it to the 800 applicants who have been to the most away games this season.

Hopefully considering the effort of writing a letter there won't be too many people who apply, maybe even less than 800.

First come first serve is just as bad, the fairest way imo is just to give it to the 800 applicants who have been to the most away games this season.

Hopefully considering the effort of writing a letter there won't be too many people who apply, maybe even less than 800.

Not fair at all, I'm a ST holder, and I've missed just 3 away games in the League (Oldham, Stockport, Huddersfield) and I also went to Northampton in the Cup.

Now, as my mate gets the tickets, my ST number is not on the system for away games, if the club was to look at my number, it would say I've been to 0 away games. A tad unfair.

If I was to go to the club in the first 800 they'd no doubt turn me away saying I've been to none, when in actual fact I've been to most.

Not fair at all, I'm a ST holder, and I've missed just 3 away games in the League (Oldham, Stockport, Huddersfield) and I also went to Northampton in the Cup.

Now, as my mate gets the tickets, my ST number is not on the system for away games, if the club was to look at my number, it would say I've been to 0 away games. A tad unfair.

If I was to go to the club in the first 800 they'd no doubt turn me away saying I've been to none, when in actual fact I've been to most.

Well in that case you've only got yourself to blame for not ensuring that they're registered against your customer number. It's not like the club haven't issued numerous reminders over the years about the importance of getting your purchases logged to avoid this very situation...

Got a spare train ticket for Exeter if anyone interested.

From Southampton Central to Exeter St Davids via Westbury. It's an Off-peak return so you can just leave and return any time on the day and I bought it for £16 so anything around that much would be great.

I got it ages ago as part of a groupsaver4 and now there are only three of us who will be able to get Exeter tickets so i've got the spare.

Just spotted on the Exeter site...

http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/page/OfficialWord/0,,10436~1940159,00.html

Exeter City Football Club having reviewed the incident that happened in the away end at the Leeds Utd game on Saturday 16th January today made a series of recommendations to the Safety Advisory Group which have been endorsed.

From the next home game against Carlisle on Tuesday the Club will reduce the capacity of its St. James' Rd end (the away terrace) from 1053 to 900 for at least until the rest of the season.

In addition the club advised the Safety Advisory Group of new procedures that it intends to introduce regarding stewarding the away end.

These recommendations were made by the club in line with its emphasis on safety at all times.

Why is everyone ******* moaning? A similar system has worked brilliantly in the past for Colchester and Brighton. It will be fine, everyone that has done over 3 away games and submits an application will get one.

900 standing + whatever we've given you in the seats (think it's 300). Of course we'd like to give you more but we only have a small ground. Interesting stat is that so far this season our seated stands have been, on average, 81% full, our home terrace 58% full and the away end only 44% full, even after the Leeds game. And, quoting the Colchester chairman "we're only obliged to give away fans 10% (and we've given you about 18%).

So you can see we have no general reason to give up any other ends for Saints fans, and as you can see the seats in particular will be almost full with City fans, so I would strongly advise against Saints fans buying in there.

If there is an issue with distribution take it us with your own club, and stop the abuse towards mine, please.

.....So you can see we have no general reason to give up any other ends for Saints fans, ....

well, reading one of your message boards, some of your fans are supprised that more allocation is not given to away teams, if required, to help bring in extra needed revenue to the club.

maybe that is a reason?

I think you will find quite a few Saints will be in the home stands, that will always happens when big away support can not be accommodated.

Looking forward to a good away-trip.

Ps. any decent real-ale pubs near the ground?

well, reading one of your message boards, some of your fans are supprised that more allocation is not given to away teams, if required, to help bring in extra needed revenue to the club.

maybe that is a reason?

I think you will find quite a few Saints will be in the home stands, that will always happens when big away support can not be accommodated.

Looking forward to a good away-trip.

Ps. any decent real-ale pubs near the ground?

You're mixing up future plans with the current situation. There is no way we can accommodate any more away fans in the ground at the moment, the three other sides have season ticket holders and that can't be given up. Of course we'd all love a bigger capacity, but the two 'newer' stands almost ended in the club being bankrupt so you can see why there may be a reluctance to build further stands in the current climate.

Try the Wells Tavern on Well Street, usually the unofficial away fans' pub and 200 yards from the away end.

Even fairer would be to give priority to the 700 or so that went to Hartlepool on a Tuesday night IMO.

Yes well said like US took two days of work the Tuesday to get up there and the Wednesday to get back. Nearly killed me and my feet long drive and boring drive. What woul make me sick if we see tickets for sale on a certain websites at £250 a pair

anyone goig via gillingham ( dorest ) and templecombe? dont wana be a lone twit on the train :)

Doubt if there will be anyone as there are enginnering works we are going changing onto Paddington train at Westbury from Salisbury and then getting train back that diverts from Yeovil back to Westbury and then Salisbury on way back

Engineering works and buses are between Templecommbe and Yeovil junction

Seriously worried about missing out on this one - sent a letter in early doors for two seats/travel with remittance payment but nothing is showing up online.

I was told that if payment details were missing or invalid the application would be voided :(

Will be the trains be doing the 4 for 2 deal like do with London?

Yeh, they are. But just as a word of warning, when we played away away at Bristol City last season, they tried to tell me that they weren't doing 4 for 2 tickets as they knew that Saints were playing in Bristol. I had already got my tickets when I had the conversation and they said that I should give them back and get a refund. Obviously I didn't, and the guard on the train couldn't have cared less, but worth bearing in mind.

On a 4 for 2, it is just short of £17 each