It never was paul allen(Takeover thread 1866)

AwaySaint1

LLS is still about. He reads this forum under a different name, was on this evening, but no longer posts.

Marc, if you read this give me a call.

St David is on under a different name as well i think. He does post but is too tight to pay his fiver ;)

Now you will start the guessing games as to what their new names are...

It would be quite ironic IF we were to finally get either substantial investment/takeover, and the persons in question wanted wholesale changes,just when it appears that a very small chink of light and possible upturn in optimism in some quarters maybe on the horizon.

I'm sorry to bring you down, but I suspect that this was all a fabrication of a guy called Tommac.

All IMHO of course.

So where is Tommac now ?

Kind Regards

Morph

It wasn't

IMHO of course.

Will be good when Roman's tv series finally comes out

What's up with trousers? It's a new takeover thread and he hasn't responded. Are you ok trousers? ;)

Give me a chance - I do get out once in a blue moon.

So....what's happening then?

What has NEVER added up to me is that certain people keep 'pointing the finger' at Tommac and allege that he willfully misled a Public Limited Company, artificially doubling the share price in the process, and yet no sign of anyone being charged, arrested and tried for this so called deception. So....only logical conclusion is that PA must have been in the loop somewhere otherwise someone has broken the law and/or industry code of conduct....

WHICH IS IT? (FFS)

Give me a chance - I do get out once in a blue moon.

So....what's happening then?

What has NEVER added up to me is that certain people keep 'pointing the finger' at Tommac and allege that he willfully misled a Public Limited Company, artificially doubling the share price in the process, and yet no sign of anyone being charged, arrested and tried for this so called deception. So....only logical conclusion is that PA must have been in the loop somewhere otherwise someone has broken the law and/or industry code of conduct....

WHICH IS IT? (FFS)

My feeling is that PA was not in the loop but that those involved at the club were too embarrassed to go to the relevant authorities and hold up their hands and admit they were duped.

My feeling is that PA was not in the loop but that those involved at the club were too embarrassed to go to the relevant authorities and hold up their hands and admit they were duped.

But wouldn't the 'relevant authorities' investigate a doubling of share price 'overnight' as 'potentially suspicious' regardless of whether the company in question brings it to their attention or not? Surely that's the whole remit of the Takeover Panel and the like.....they wouldn't be a very effective policing body if they relied on tip offs from the very company whose share activity they are duty bound to ensure is above board.....would they? Who knows? (indeed....who does know....?)

Either there has been 'wrong doing' or there hasn't.....perhaps I should give the old bill a call now to bring it to their attention? Unless of course PA, or his representatives, were in the loop all along....

cheers

Edited by trousers

But wouldn't the 'relevant authorities' investigate a doubling of share price 'overnight' as 'potentially suspicious' regardless of whether the company in question brings it to their attention or not? Surely that's the whole remit of the Takeover Panel and the like.....they wouldn't be a very effective policing body if they relied on tip offs from the very company whose share activity they are duty bound to ensure is above board.....would they? Who knows? (indeed....who does know....?)

Either there has been 'wrong doing' or there hasn't.....perhaps I should give the old bill a call now to bring it to their attention? Unless of course PA, or his representatives, were in the loop all along....

cheers

Who, indeed, knows?

I think the possible scenarios are:

1) It was an official approach from a PA representative with explicit permission to contact SLH.

2) It was an official approach by a PA representative who had a brief to go out and investigate possible investment options.

3) It was an approach by a PA representative but they were doing it without permission from on high.

4) It was an approach by someone claiming to work for PA who had links with one or more of his companies who was trying to make legitimate money if he could marry the two off.

5) It was an approach by someone claiming to work for PA but was just part of a con to drive the share price up.

6) It was an approach by someone claiming to work for PA who was in it just for a massive wind up.

Probably a lot more. Anyway you pay your money you take your choice...

Who, indeed, knows?

I think the possible scenarios are:

1) It was an official approach from a PA representative with explicit permission to contact SLH.

2) It was an official approach by a PA representative who had a brief to go out and investigate possible investment options.

3) It was an approach by a PA representative but they were doing it without permission from on high.

4) It was an approach by someone claiming to work for PA who had links with one or more of his companies who was trying to make legitimate money if he could marry the two off.

5) It was an approach by someone claiming to work for PA but was just part of a con to drive the share price up.

6) It was an approach by someone claiming to work for PA who was in it just for a massive wind up.

Probably a lot more. Anyway you pay your money you take your choice...

Good summary. I reckon (4) is the most plausible explanation; none of the others stacks up as well to my mind. I think Tommac was always a middle man, hoping to make a tidy sum by brokering a deal. He believed he was closer to PA than he actually was, and bigged himself up no little, but in the end he was just a mass of hot air.

Can't see any serious skullduggery though - if the share price was being deliberately inflated, who actually benefited from this? None of the major shareholders sold significant quantities, and nobody else holds (or held) enough to make it worthwhile.

Was chatting with a friend who works in London this afternoon and he informed me that it never was paul allen who was interested in us but the guy who purchased a major amount of his Dreamworks stock,hence the confusion.

The guy who was not named is looking at a ccc club and a first division club.

I pushed a bit more to get him to name the 2 clubs concerned,"us plus Leeds united"(so he says).

So who is it? are we being taken over by Spielberg?

Come on "ITKers" I thought we could rely on you.

Forgive me for asking what seems an obvious question, but what are you doing coming on here asking us the question that you should have asked your 'friend', and why, if he knew you were a Saints fan, did he not give you this information earlier rather than wait for you to bump in to him some 18months later?

Perhaps he's not a friend. Perhaps he knows ****all too.

Forgive me for asking what seems an obvious question, but what are you doing coming on here asking us the question that you should have asked your 'friend', and why, if he knew you were a Saints fan, did he not give you this information earlier rather than wait for you to bump in to him some 18months later?

Perhaps he's not a friend. Perhaps he knows ****all too.

Because the person who is still looking to buy a club has had his reps sniffing around clubs the past 2 weeks,hence why we had the conversation yesterday.

Truth is he did give me a name and i managed to join the dots together,on asking others what they new it all started to fall into place regards all the silly PA stuff we had before.

I have seen what happens to the "ITK" posters on here and am not going to become a scapegoat for other forum members.

What shocks me is that 99% of forum members are more interested in "having a go" at other posters posts from a year ago rather than engaging brain and working out who the real money people are.

Maybe I am being paranoid but it seems strange that a group of guys are going around looking at a couple of clubs with a wodge of money the same week that the forum goes limited company;)

I spoke with a person who has contact with the buyers office and when he asked them outright if they intended buying a football club they just laughed at him,yet the papers dont seem to agree,so who knows?

Because the person who is still looking to buy a club has had his reps sniffing around clubs the past 2 weeks,hence why we had the conversation yesterday.

Truth is he did give me a name and i managed to join the dots together,on asking others what they new it all started to fall into place regards all the silly PA stuff we had before.

I have seen what happens to the "ITK" posters on here and am not going to become a scapegoat for other forum members.

What shocks me is that 99% of forum members are more interested in "having a go" at other posters posts from a year ago rather than engaging brain and working out who the real money people are.

Maybe I am being paranoid but it seems strange that a group of guys are going around looking at a couple of clubs with a wodge of money the same week that the forum goes limited company;)

I spoke with a person who has contact with the buyers office and when he asked them outright if they intended buying a football club they just laughed at him,yet the papers dont seem to agree,so who knows?

Maybe I'M being paranoid, or maybe you're being deliberately confusing, but in your first post that instigated the thread you said the guy was NOT named, and the point of your thread was that you were asking if anyone knew who he was.

I think.

Maybe I'M being paranoid, or maybe you're being deliberately confusing, but in your first post that instigated the thread you said the guy was NOT named, and the point of your thread was that you were asking if anyone knew who he was.

I think.

He did give me a name but not of the guy with the money,as I said I just joined the dots together to work out who it was.......

Its the same guy who has been sniffing around at Leeds.

Was chatting with a friend who works in London this afternoon and he informed me that it never was paul allen who was interested in us but the guy who purchased a major amount of his Dreamworks stock,hence the confusion.

The guy who was not named is looking at a ccc club and a first division club.

I pushed a bit more to get him to name the 2 clubs concerned,"us plus Leeds united"(so he says).

So who is it? are we being taken over by Spielberg?

Come on "ITKers" I thought we could rely on you.

http://www.clubfanzine.com/southampton/v2.showNews.php?id=12855