Relegation Season / This Season

Guest Hacienda

Guest Hacienda

Under Wigley many of us knew we were going down when we failed to take maximum points at home to those teams were knew would be down at the bottom at the end of the season.

This season it's happening again. Lost to Blackpool and only a point today.

We have to get three points next week.

Either way, we are in deep doo doo and I fully expect League 1 football next season, although I hope and pray that I'm wrong.

Under Wigley many of us knew we were going down when we failed to take maximum points at home to those teams were knew would be down at the bottom at the end of the season.

Either way, we are in deep doo doo and I fully expect League 1 football next season, although I hope and pray that I'm wrong.

Totally agree with you mate.

We saw the signs with Wigley and we see the signs now.

The only constant is Lowe.

Does he ever learn?

Lowe out.

Guest Hacienda
Birmingham were undone by Blackpool at home today too. They must be crapping it!

Care to have £10 on Blackpool being in a relegation fight come May?

Well I have accepted that it is going to be a struggle to stay up but I am looking forward to the rest of the season.

However our do not feel that our luck is in with injuries and penalty decisions going against us but fully expect that to change soon.

The problem is your comparing 1 game. Birmingham have lost 1 in 7 and Blackpool have lost 3. We have now a decent number of games to look at and see some indication of how were do. If you look at those 7 games other then the game against Birmingham i don't think we have looked anything other then a relegation battling team and even the most biased of fan has to see that. The thing is now the season is almost a quarter way through, how long can people start using the excuses they are? When we play Wolves and if we lose will people say they are top thats why we lost? If things remain the same and we have a 70% loss rate after say 20 games will people say "there is still half the season to go!" and so on. Right now we are looking a very poor side that lacks ideas and that is what worries me. We are already 3 points from 18th place which is only 4 places away. Will people still say the same if those gaps turn from 3 to 9? Last year i remember S****horpe and Colchester, i think we look worse then them. I look at the fixture list not having a clue where we will pick up points and because of that i know we are up against it. Even by changing the manager i don't think that would change things. It is history repeating but we didn't learn the 1st time.

The problem is your comparing 1 game. Birmingham have lost 1 in 7 and Blackpool have lost 3. We have now a decent number of games to look at and see some indication of how were do. If you look at those 7 games other then the game against Birmingham i don't think we have looked anything other then a relegation battling team and even the most biased of fan has to see that. The thing is now the season is almost a quarter way through, how long can people start using the excuses they are? When we play Wolves and if we lose will people say they are top thats why we lost? If things remain the same and we have a 70% loss rate after say 20 games will people say "there is still half the season to go!" and so on. Right now we are looking a very poor side that lacks ideas and that is what worries me. We are already 3 points from 18th place which is only 4 places away. Will people still say the same if those gaps turn from 3 to 9? Last year i remember S****horpe and Colchester, i think we look worse then them. I look at the fixture list not having a clue where we will pick up points and because of that i know we are up against it. Even by changing the manager i don't think that would change things. It is history repeating but we didn't learn the 1st time.
Nearly a quarter of the season through????

The longer the general malaise continues the more desperate things will become.........its early days and maybe things will turn around, but I sense more and more supporters have a general mood of resigned disappointment.........the whole thing is such a disaster area the fans will just stop going more and more..........a hard core of about 11,000 or so will probably remain............ but without the messiah like benefactor I'm afraid the picture doesn't look good!

yeah, we have played 7 and quarter = 11 games. So within a month we will be quarter of the way through the season.

So nearly a quarter of the season gone is right seeing as that is only 4 games away

We are not even a 6th of the season through.Wait until 10 games before really hitting the panic button.

We are not even a 6th of the season through.Wait until 10 games before really hitting the panic button.

It is not panic nickh, it is caution. I have said many times Jan must be given the time he deserves to get things going. Nothing iritates me more then someone who is given a job they lose 4-5 games then they are replaced. BUT if the team don't improve and show no signs of getting out of the mess then it is something we have to look at. 2 wins and the table looks very different. But 2 loses and things become harder.

I beg to differ...I fear for the future.

Rotherham will be my last game...I'm not wasting any more time or money making myself miserable.

Time for a change...after 40+years I'm beginning to see football for what it is...

Lowe has his own agenda - and it has nothing to do with the football club just personal gain (or loss).

Even this place wants money for old rope...if I had enough I'd hang myself.

Last post today - last post on here.

Good bye fellow Saints fans...you are so much better than I for sticking by your team in their time of need.

It is not panic nickh, it is caution. I have said many times Jan must be given the time he deserves to get things going. Nothing iritates me more then someone who is given a job they lose 4-5 games then they are replaced. BUT if the team don't improve and show no signs of getting out of the mess then it is something we have to look at. 2 wins and the table looks very different. But 2 loses and things become harder.

Until january whoever would come in has very little more to work with. Listening to Fish after the game it sounds like the squad have a togetherness and are upbeat.

I beg to differ...I fear for the future.

Rotherham will be my last game...I'm not wasting any more time or money making myself miserable.

Time for a change...after 40+years I'm beginning to see football for what it is...

Lowe has his own agenda - and it has nothing to do with the football club just personal gain (or loss).

Even this place wants money for old rope...if I had enough I'd hang myself.

Last post today - last post on here.

Good bye fellow Saints fans...you are so much better than I for sticking by your team in their time of need.

Lol, i remember when you said all that last time.

Until january whoever would come in has very little more to work with. Listening to Fish after the game it sounds like the squad have a togetherness and are upbeat.

All very good but it is not bringing in many points is it.

Come on face it,the "new" style just isn`t working.

We needed a manager at the start of the season who knows what it takes in

this league and we still do need him now.

I really hope we are not relegated this year but do fear that the downward slide is continuing.

Following today's result we have what until recently we would have considered two potential bannana skins. Rotherham and Doncaster away.

Suddenly these two games have taken on great importance and they are BIG games for us.

What can really help stop the rot is firstly progressing in the carling cup.

This will obviously bring in some much needed cash and boost confidence.

It is also quite possible that a championship side could win this competition.

Secondly a good result at Doncaster could do wonders for confidence and make the league table look a little more comfortable.

I am of course looking on the bright side. The next week will be an enormous test for the team. I am sure Rotherham and Doncaster are well up for this I just hope that we are.

I really hope we are not relegated this year but do fear that the downward slide is continuing.

Following today's result we have what until recently we would have considered two potential bannana skins. Rotherham and Doncaster away.

Suddenly these two games have taken on great importance and they are BIG games for us.

What can really help stop the rot is firstly progressing in the carling cup.

This will obviously bring in some much needed cash and boost confidence.

It is also quite possible that a championship side could win this competition.

Secondly a good result at Doncaster could do wonders for confidence and make the league table look a little more comfortable.

I am of course looking on the bright side. The next week will be an enormous test for the team. I am sure Rotherham and Doncaster are well up for this I just hope that we are.

I wish it was Donny first and then Rotherham, it is similar to Brum and Blackpool.

All very good but it is not bringing in many points is it.

Come on face it,the "new" style just isn`t working.

We needed a manager at the start of the season who knows what it takes in

this league and we still do need him now.

No its not but things can get better, we are not as bad as fans are making out. Its odd I was fighting this same battle under HR, Gb and now Jan. The team under HR was far superior to this one and fans were still complaining.

1/6th of the season is only 7.6 games though ;-) Its pretty clear we will struggle and using pointless stats like your's will only perpetuate the problems IMO of course. We clearly need decent full backs and probably to revert to two players up front. Clearly AL is good enough to play anywhere across midfield so playing a system just to accomodate his "in the hole" role is daft.

We have to oust Wilde and Lowe fast and encourage a takeover. I have been right about everything so far since May - I predicted all of this Lowe comeback and his Cloggy experiment with kids failing... now that the overwhelming tone on the threads on this forum also seem to back that line - its time for the fans to put Lowe and Wilde under pressure to sell.

WE MUST ENCOURAGE A TAKEOVER. We need to seriously take a leaf out of the passionate fans in Newcastle and stop acting like a bunch of punch drunk fans used to a continuing demise and slide of a once European playing football club under Lowe's plc influence.

We have to act soon.

We ARE going down with these kids and JP.

The table does not lie.

Now lets do something to get Lowe and Wilde out for good.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. SELL MIKE.

1/6th of the season is only 7.6 games though ;-) Its pretty clear we will struggle and using pointless stats like your's will only perpetuate the problems IMO of course. We clearly need decent full backs and probably to revert to two players up front. Clearly AL is good enough to play anywhere across midfield so playing a system just to accomodate his "in the hole" role is daft.

Pointless stats !!!!! just righting wrong info

We have to oust Wilde and Lowe fast and encourage a takeover. I have been right about everything so far since May - I predicted all of this Lowe comeback and his Cloggy experiment with kids failing... now that the overwhelming tone on the threads on this forum also seem to back that line - its time for the fans to put Lowe and Wilde under pressure to sell.

WE MUST ENCOURAGE A TAKEOVER. We need to seriously take a leaf out of the passionate fans in Newcastle and stop acting like a bunch of punch drunk fans used to a continuing demise and slide of a once European playing football club under Lowe's plc influence.

We have to act soon.

The table does not lie.

As you are so gemmed up you should do the Euro lottery and win 90m and then put your moneyin. Find someone with 50m to invest and you will have us all behind you.Until then stop eroding the youngsters belief as im sure they must read this stuff and it cant help if they think we dont believe in them.

We have to act soon.

The table does not lie.

Who do you think will buy the club????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes: :( :confused: :( ?????????????????

Guest Hacienda
No its not but things can get better, we are not as bad as fans are making out. Its odd I was fighting this same battle under HR, Gb and now Jan. The team under HR was far superior to this one and fans were still complaining.

And we're not as good as you believe.

We have to act soon.

The table does not lie.

The preverbial 'talks a good game'. Lots of 'we have to do' - but little substance of how...!!!

As you are so right about everything - why not tell us your 'blueprint for instant success' eh?

wait wait i am fed up of waiting. The longer the wait the more we delude ourselves. the panic button will never be hit, it doesnt exist, there seems to be no alternative but to go the same way as many of the old div 1 regulars of yester year who dissolved into the lower leagues...... the damage was done years ago. The whole situation has created a certain inertia and the best case scenario is to find a way to slow the rot down, then stop the rot, before moving back in the right direction, That could take 30years FFS.

Sad isn't it, what Ru**rt and the traitor have done to our club? Here we are, early in the season, and already we are by apparent majority on this board "happy" if we survive the f#cking CCC.

That's how far the lot of them have ruined a once great club. We dare not even dream big anymore.

I have saints down as getting no more than 34 points all season, which as someone on another thread has said means we will not be fighting to avoid relegation we will be down quite early. Points will be picked up by the odd win (a la Derby) and a whole bunch of draws against poor teams who themselves are unable to finish off a team.

Sad isn't it, what Ru**rt and the traitor have done to our club? Here we are, early in the season, and already we are by apparent majority on this board "happy" if we survive the f#cking CCC.

That's how far the lot of them have ruined a once great club. We dare not even dream big anymore.

Dunno what you expect, offix. Apparently, we should be satisfied with 6th in the CCC from Burley despite the massive amount resources offered to him in support, simply because he set that as his target...:rolleyes:

Guest Hacienda
Or what we need is fans that are going to keep coming through blind passion for the team and city and stick it through so we can pull out of our situation, rather than just slowly dissolving away.

Rupert would love that. :rolleyes:

Dunno what you expect, offix. Apparently, we should be satisfied with 6th in the CCC from Burley despite the massive amount resources offered to him in support, simply because he set that as his target...:rolleyes:

That's just my point; What I EXPECT is relegation. My HOPE is survival. That is the sad part, to aspire to mere survival is all we have left.

But they need confidence, and that means crowds bigger than the pathetic, feeble 14,000.

Don't always have to go for the football. Can go for mates, sing song, banter, and for general love for the club. We will be here for ever, not just for a particular stint when a chairman is in charge. Our club, not theirs.

This is all so depressingly predictable, as most of us have said from day one - what Lowe is doing is the perfect recipie for relegation. Too many kids, foreign manager who knows nothing about the Championship, AND trying to play an open passing game.

As confidence gets lower, opposition gets wiser, and pitches get heaver - trying to play this type of game will get harder and harder.

Guest Hacienda
But they need confidence, and that means crowds bigger than the pathetic, feeble 14,000.

Don't always have to go for the football. Can go for mates, sing song, banter, and for general love for the club. We will be here for ever, not just for a particular stint when a chairman is in charge. Our club, not theirs.

So you want me to shell out my hrad earned so professional footballers can feel move confident?

That's we convinced. :rolleyes:

IMO yesterday was our most depressing performance this season.

I thought Barnsley were really poor, a definite candidate for relegation.

Even though we had 7 shots on target, their goalie didn't really have to make any blinding saves.

At the moment, I think we look very good bets for the drop