I am having a rant

ladysaint

Why is it that the North car park is closed after most of the games now – we must be the only club I know of that give priority to visiting fans and it really does seem ridiculous that you all meet at the end of Britannia road by the traffic lights anyway. Why wont the club consider leaving visiting fans in for 5-10 minutes after the game then blocking the car park off which will give most fans times to get from the Itchen round to the footbridge.

Whilst I am on a moan, when are they going to do something about the PA system, I was really interested to hear what Herbie had to say last night when being presented with his fan of the year ward but couldn’t hear a bloody thing it is quite embarrassing. And whilst I am on a roll why don’t they put the team up on the big screen and the substitutes, most of the games this season I have no idea who is on the bench. Arsenal used to leave up their team names for both teams the whole game which is something we could follow. Rant over.

Why is it that the North car park is closed after most of the games now – we must be the only club I know of that give priority to visiting fans and it really does seem ridiculous that you all meet at the end of Britannia road by the traffic lights anyway. Why wont the club consider leaving visiting fans in for 5-10 minutes after the game then blocking the car park off which will give most fans times to get from the Itchen round to the footbridge.

Whilst I am on a moan, when are they going to do something about the PA system, I was really interested to hear what Herbie had to say last night when being presented with his fan of the year ward but couldn’t hear a bloody thing it is quite embarrassing. And whilst I am on a roll why don’t they put the team up on the big screen and the substitutes, most of the games this season I have no idea who is on the bench. Arsenal used to leave up their team names for both teams the whole game which is something we could follow. Rant over.

I agree.

Jeez, you on the blob or something?

Agree with most of the above, except for the team names. Sitting in the Chapel, I sometimes have to look up to the screen when there is crosses in as you can never tell how close to the goal they are going.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing a return of the squad pictures being shown when the teams are read out before the game.

I think the closing of the North car-park is probably following instructions of the Old Bill. I agree with the 'sound system' (or lack of it). It's been p!ss poor from the opening day. I also agree with showing the teams (and subs) just before the start of the game, on the big screens. They could even scroll this information at the bottom of the screen just after kick off (at the beginning of both halves).

I like the idea of keeping the teams up, instead of the **** ads. A couple of suggestions : -

In Germany when they are announcing the teams the crowd shout the surname.

At Arsenal when they score the crowd shout the surname.

It's better than a boring cheer or boo!

Agree about the PA system. I heard it announced that they were going to play the 3 song choices for the JPT when I was in the loos but stupidly came out and missed them all. Think I'll sit in the loos whenever I need to know anything!

The PA system has been sub standard since it was installed. You can hear fine in the concourses but in the stadium itself - forget it. I have long given up trying to hear everything broadcast, especially pre recorded stuff.

I e-mailed RL about it years ago and he never sorted it as he said he would.

The PA system has been sub standard since it was installed. You can hear fine in the concourses but in the stadium itself - forget it. I have long given up trying to hear everything broadcast, especially pre recorded stuff.

Lowe Out!

I think at the time RL said it would cost too much to put it right, but its very important that we hear what if there is an emergency announcement nobody would be able to hear it unless you are in the concourse.

I think at the time RL said it would cost too much to put it right, but its very important that we hear what if there is an emergency announcement nobody would be able to hear it unless you are in the concourse.

I'm pretty sure Cowan was looking into it and promised it would be addressed. 6 years later and nothing has changed (hopefully NC will implement improvements).

We couldn't hear Herbie because the pillock with the mike had the volume adjusted for how he held it for himself , ie right up to his mouth, and then held the mike for Herbie about 6 inches further away .. result could hear pillock - couldn't hear Herbie.

Really agree about team selection announcements. Why have they stopped telling us who is on the bench?

K.

If you want to listen to the announcements, go to the loo. Its been the only place I've been able to hear anything the bloke with the mic says for years.

Presumably they've stopped telling us who's on the bench because it would override the Rickie Lambert song which comes after the last player announced. Which is actually a nice touch, but they could still tell us before the starting XI, though it would be a bit too complicated for some of the thickies.

David Luker emailed me this at the start of the season:

"Essentially, we are quite limited by our sound system which isn’t really correct for the stadium we are in. This does give us issues, and is under review."

dluker@saintsfc.co.uk - give him feedback, and he will be able to manage his priorities!

This being the man who can't even get a few tickets posted out. I think you're flogging a dead horse.

This being the man who can't even get a few tickets posted out. I think you're flogging a dead horse.

I seriously don't understand this.

Ticket office say "tickets will be posted throughout next week"

Halfway through the week people start *****ing and moaning that they haven't got their tickets.

Stupid.

I seriously don't understand this.

Ticket office say "tickets will be posted throughout next week"

Halfway through the week people start *****ing and moaning that they haven't got their tickets.

Stupid.

The customer is always right.:)

Agree with Ladysaint on pretty much everything in her rant.

The problem with the PA system is that, in a stadium that was designed to contain and enhance noise within its confines, sound waves from sound systems are going to bounce around, and echo and re-echo effects just confuse into noise. The speaker enclosures need careful positioning, and it is all the more difficult without the dampening effects of a crowd in the stadium. In the short term, turning the sound level down would actually help.