Our away record against bottom 7

corsacar saint

Our final away record record against the bottom 7, after todays result is

Won 1,Drawn 4,Lost 2. Obviously an area ,we have to put right if we want to

go up next season.

Agreed. We have to consistantly beat the sides we should be beating, if you see what I mean. I'm sure someone posted stats on ManUre's performance last season which showed that they did precisly that and hardly dropped a point home or away against the bottom half of the division.

I am sorry but this league does not seem to have much sense to it. I bet every week on the Prem, CCC, League 1, League 2, and the blue square and it seems to me that this season more than any teams that on paper should not be beating other teams do so (outside of the premier league).

I am amazed by the teams that have let me down this season on some of my bets.

I think we just need to do what we have done this season again next without the minus 10 points and the very bad start.

We are going to beat teams that we do not think we are going to, and beat some of those easy. Then lose to teams that we would not expect to. This HAS happened to every team in a league where anyone can beat anyone, just some are more consistant than others.

I am sorry but this league does not seem to have much sense to it. I bet every week on the Prem, CCC, League 1, League 2, and the blue square and it seems to me that this season more than any teams that on paper should not be beating other teams do so (outside of the premier league).

I am amazed by the teams that have let me down this season on some of my bets.

I think we just need to do what we have done this season again next without the minus 10 points and the very bad start.

We are going to beat teams that we do not think we are going to, and beat some of those easy. Then lose to teams that we would not expect to. This HAS happened to every team in a league where anyone can beat anyone, just some are more consistant than others.

Disagree, the best in this league are far better than the worst as the table proves. 80 points + to reach play offs suggests 6 very good teams and a load of crap, the championship is far harder to predict.

TBF, i think winning the league next season is more to concentrate on making St Marys a fortress and then picking up points here and there on our travels.

23 games at home and 69 possible points.

St Marys will win us the league next year, you need to expect a few losses here and there from the park the bus teams

go up next season.

This must be the worst record in the division and is equal to the 14 points we were short of in the end to reach automatic promotion.

TBF, i think winning the league next season is more to concentrate on making St Marys a fortress and then picking up points here and there on our travels.

23 games at home and 69 possible points.

St Marys will win us the league next year, you need to expect a few losses here and there from the park the bus teams

Exactly.

You don't need to win loads of away games.

Also, if you're near the top it's better to drop the points against the bottom teams than the teams around you.

Picking a few select results against teams in a certain sector of the league is pretty pointless.

Isn't it the number of points you get rather than who you get thm from that is important. Okay we have dropped point against some "lowely" teams, but without the minus 10 we would only be 3 points off automatic promotion.

is it them that let wasps use their ground..?

saw the state of the pitch after the rugby yesterday on telly...it was a mess

yeah Wycombe ground share with the Wasps,was watching it yesterday too thinking how **** the pitch looked. Hate the fact St Marys is being used for the 2015 RWC,espically with it being during the football season.

go up next season.

You are sooo right! I have been hammering on about that the reason Man U won the title last season were not their successes against the top 7, but contrary to common belief, their amazing record against the botton 13: 22 won and no losses. This is where success is guaranteed.

Any top side which win one out of 7 against the bottom seven seals it's own fate. We have had a lot of problems, but the -10 points and the poor start of the season we couldn't do much about.

This consistent weakness we should have done something about, but I have the suspicion that AP doesn't quite know what to do, based on his post match interview where he simply indicated a wish to have better players.

go up next season.

If you look at our home\away form we are consistent with those in play off positions. This you would expect as we would be in the play offs if not for our point deductions.

If you want to get into the top two then the key will be picking up more points on the road. The places you are most likely to do this are the teams near the bottom. As you say the amount of wins we have got here needs improving and for me is a key point as to why we have needed up where we are!

go up next season.

This must be the worst record in the division and is equal to the 14 points we were short of in the end to reach automatic promotion.

In a nutshell really....

Plus I'm sure that AP can focus on more than one thing so improving the record at SMS will alos be high up his agenda.

go up next season.

I've had a quick look at the results (I hope I have not made any mistakes) but Millwall only managed 1-2-4 (5 points) in their away games against the bottom 7. They lost at Wycombe (1-0), Tranmere (2-0), Gillingham (2-0) and Orient (1-0).

In fact Gillingham home record against the top 7 was 5-2-0 (only Norwich and Charlton drew), and Exeter record is 1-5-0 (Beat Leeds and drew with everybody else, with Huddersfield still to play).

Swindon's record was only 2-4-1 and Leeds only managed 3-2-2.

So we are not the only side that has problems playing against the bottom 7.

I've had a quick look at the results (I hope I have not made any mistakes) but Millwall only managed 1-2-4 (5 points) in their away games against the bottom 7. They lost at Wycombe (1-0), Tranmere (2-0), Gillingham (2-0) and Orient (1-0).

In fact Gillingham home record against the top 7 was 5-2-0 (only Norwich and Charlton drew), and Exeter record is 1-5-0 (Beat Leeds and drew with everybody else, with Huddersfield still to play).

Swindon's record was only 2-4-1 and Leeds only managed 3-2-2.

So we are not the only side that has problems playing against the bottom 7.

And you can use that knowledge to realise what an edge it would be to our game if we can crack it, or you can be satisfied that others are just as poor.

The real reason we didn't make the play offs is because we were docked 10 points.

No, draws at wycombe, stockport, exeter & losing at tranmere were 9 points dropped. The point deduction isn't the reason because their was nothing we could do about it.

No, draws at wycombe, stockport, exeter & losing at tranmere were 9 points dropped. The point deduction isn't the reason because their was nothing we could do about it.

We could have gone into admin a week earlier.

The truth is us missing out on the play offs is a combo of lots of different things, there's little point dwelling on it. All so comparing results is hard becuase we've played with two different teams this year the one the finished the season hardly resembles the one that started it. I imagine we would have won some of those early games with the team we have now and lost quite a few of our recent games with the team we played in August.