So who won?

Johnny Bognor

In my opinion, they all lost.

Labour clearly lost the election, losing the most seats since the war

Lib Dems lost as they look like coming out of this election worse than they went in.

The tories lost, because they didn't get a majority.

The British public have lost because the financial ****storm is getting worse and we are in a situation where we don't know what is going to happen.

Hang on tight, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

In my opinion, they all lost.

Labour clearly lost the election, losing the most seats since the war

Lib Dems lost as they look like coming out of this election worse than they went in.

The tories lost, because they didn't get a majority.

The British public have lost because the financial ****storm is getting worse and we are in a situation where we don't know what is going to happen.

Hang on tight, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

I concur Mr Bognor, 100%.

It's a world of sh*t.

Gordon Brown and Mandelson won.

Clegg lost big time

Cameron was just above neutral due to the starting place. To win 90 seats and still not get power is a bit harsh

It is amazing that Kinnock mandelson Brown all of a sudden are so keen on PR when thewy have fought it for generations.

Weekend should be interesting. IMO either:

Labour and the Liberals will form a coalition, with deals on PR and Brown's removal as PM. They will justify this by saying between them they had 60% of the vote

OR

Cameron will form a minority government helped by the Unionists, and another election this year.

Labour and the Liberals will form a coalition, with deals on PR and Brown's removal as PM. They will justify this by saying between them they had 60% of the vote

OR

Cameron will form a minority government helped by the Unionists, and another election this year.

Maybe the Liberals and Conservatives will form a coalition.......

Maybe the Liberals and Conservatives will form a coalition.......

I reckon that's what will happen. After all - Clegg said just the other day that there's no way he'd form an alliance with Brown/Labour. He can hardly go back on that just a week down the road.

Then again - they are all politicians. Which means porkies are a way of life...

I see that Harriet Harmusall, is now making sound-bites about getting into bed with the Lib Dems, worked before....NOT!

The Torys made gains even in areas that they didn't win the seat, this says to me, that they should Govern.

OR

But on current projections, neither of these arrangements would have a working majority ; Lib/Lab @ 317, Con/Unionists @ 316. Maybe Caroline Lucas could hold out for a cabinet post :p

But on current projections, neither of these arrangements would have a working majority ; Lib/Lab @ 317, Con/Unionists @ 316. Maybe Caroline Lucas could hold out for a cabinet post :p

Minister for Lunacy?

I reckon that's what will happen. After all - Clegg said just the other day that there's no way he'd form an alliance with Brown/Labour. He can hardly go back on that just a week down the road.

Then again - they are all politicians. Which means porkies are a way of life...

Clegg was very careful with his wording....he said he would give the first opportunity to the party with the biggest mandate.

So he gives his unacceptable list of demands to Dave, who has to say no and then he can claim that he tried and gave them first opportunity before running off into the sunset with Brown.

So he gives his unacceptable list of demands to Dave, who has to say no and then he can claim that he tried and gave them first opportunity before running off into the sunset with Brown.

Johnny, it should be he gives DC his one unaceptable demand. Plurals are not required. Number 1 on the list would be voting reform which is unacceptable to the Tories.

Minister for Lunacy?

Clegg was very careful with his wording....he said he would give the first opportunity to the party with the biggest mandate.

Yes, I believe that is what will happen. And it's what I would like to happen too. Let them make a mess of sorting out the mess Gordon made and then be tainted by it. When it is found to be unworkable, we can do it all again within a few months and this time those who voted tactically and found that they voted for Brown to remain, will be a bit more sensible.

As the pound has dropped against the dollar this morning, does that mean poopey's debt has gone up again due to the fluctuation ?

David Cameron has apparently called-in Andrew Andronikou to his cabinet, they expect him to announce he has found another 20 seats by this afternoon...

Johnny, it should be he gives DC his one unaceptable demand. Plurals are not required. Number 1 on the list would be voting reform which is unacceptable to the Tories.

They'll probably throw in joining the Euro just to make sure.

What is clear is that we really will have a bunch of losers running the country.

Clegg actually said that the party with the biggest mandate in terms of %vote and #seats SHOULD have the right to try to form a Government. He was very careful with what he didn't say, despite how some tory rags misquoted him. And, unfortunately for DC, the constitution is in Gordy's favour, and there is nothing he can do about it.

David Cameron has apparently called-in Andrew Andronikou to his cabinet, they expect him to announce he has found another 20 seats by this afternoon...

The Android and Azougy, in fact. The dream team. If anybody can mess with the figures, those two can. ;)

They'll probably throw in joining the Euro just to make sure.

What is clear is that we really will have a bunch of losers running the country.

Assuming you're call them all losers I agree. A sorry state of affairs to be honest.

I feel very deflated about the whole thing, I wanted a Labour win, that obviously wasn't going to happen. I now feel let down that we don't have a majority government.

Regardless of political allegiances the 1st past the post system has had it's day. We need to reform the voting system. I am sickened by Labours claims that they also want reform, FFS you've had 13 years guys.

Clegg actually said that the party with the biggest mandate in terms of %vote and #seats SHOULD have the right to try to form a Government. He was very careful with what he didn't say, despite how some tory rags misquoted him. And, unfortunately for DC, the constitution is in Gordy's favour, and there is nothing he can do about it.

Why unfortunately? The voting public have told Brown that they don't want him, the Lib/Dem vote has either not moved or gone down too. Surely there is a lot to be said for letting them get on with it, angering the public enough that they can get a much bigger working majority in a few months time.

Assuming you're call them all losers I agree. A sorry state of affairs to be honest.

I feel very deflated about the whole thing, I wanted a Labour win, that obviously wasn't going to happen. I now feel let down that we don't have a majority government.

Regardless of political allegiances the 1st past the post system has had it's day. We need to reform the voting system. I am sickened by Labours claims that they also want reform, FFS you've had 13 years guys.

As I have said they are all losers, we will be run by losers and the ultimate losers being all of us.

My worst fears have come to fruition and as I have said all along, I would have preferred a Labour majority to the current state of affairs.

For me, if we really want fairness, PR has to come with an English parliament.

Minister for Lunacy?

That's how I see it as well, only I see him going off into the sunset with Labour, not Gordon Brown. I think he is toast.

Why unfortunately? The voting public have told Brown that they don't want him, the Lib/Dem vote has either not moved or gone down too. Surely there is a lot to be said for letting them get on with it, angering the public enough that they can get a much bigger working majority in a few months time.

Wes, you could spin the results in any number of ways. You could say that 60% of voters couldn't stomach the idea of a Tory government.

As you say, they have had all of that time to make those changes and it therefore smacks of hypocrisy that they are acquiescent to it now. It rather smacks of a desperation to cling to power rather than a reforming zeal, doesn't it?

But if you consider that a hung Parliament is not a good thing, then the result of electoral reform is likely to encourage that to happen much more often, with the added disadvantage that several of the more extreme parties of both the left and right might also gain influence.

As you say, they have had all of that time to make those changes and it therefore smacks of hypocrisy that they are acquiescent to it now. It rather smacks of a desperation to cling to power rather than a reforming zeal, doesn't it?

But if you consider that a hung Parliament is not a good thing, then the result of electoral reform is likely to encourage that to happen much more often, with the added disadvantage that several of the more extreme parties of both the left and right might also gain influence.

...and this Wes, is the point that most will miss. PR will result in hung parliament for ever and a day.

A very good point.

If our current situation is up **** street, PR (as the Lib Dems & Labour want it) will be more likely to deliver this result time and time again.

A very good point.

If our current situation is up **** street, PR (as the Lib Dems & Labour want it) will be more likely to deliver this result time and time again.

Labour were against it, now they have been given a bloody nose, they are all for it to get the Libdems on side.

Constitutionally Labour have the right to try to form a government. Morally speaking though much as it galls me to say it the Tories probably deserve a shot.

The Tories can't have it both ways though, they like the 1st past the post system and have no intention of changing it. If they want to form a government without reaching the line they have to provide concessions on voting reform.

The Conservatives won with the same actual number of votes as Labour got in the 1997 landslide.

Labour and Brown were clearly told they are not wanted and the Liberals ended up being seen as a wacky party with wacky policies and despite their x factor performance the public saw sense and gave their ideas, theologies, principles, policies and general nuttyness the thumbs down.

The worry about PR is delivering extremeists from both sides of politics I agree. But how fair is it when a party get 22% of the votes but only have 8% of the seats.

Maybe we all take a step backwards and look at other countries. The Germans seem to get along quite well with no one particular party with a majority.

The Conservatives won with the same actual number of votes as Labour got in the 1997 landslide.

Corrected for you....

The Conservatives won the same actual number of votes as Labour got in the 1997 landslide.

If it didn't register Dune no one got 326 seats. No outright winner.

My worst fears have come to fruition and as I have said all along, I would have preferred a Labour majority to the current state of affairs.

I said that too and BTF said she'd rather have a Tory majority than a hung parliament, but I think we can now all get off the soap box and admit that all of us were talking utter ********. It was a good tactic to use in the arsenal of ammo at hand to destroy the Liberals, but now the dye is cast you've got to admit that although the situation isn't ideal we can at least get some Dickensian policies through to wind up the lefties. Its sad that we'll have to postpone the bestest policies such as deportations to South Georgia for convicts and the reintroduction of child chimney sweeps, but if we really really try i'm sure we can sneak through a few policies to supress the peasants and make them realise that power and wealth cannot be earnt, it can only be bred.

I said that too and BTF said she'd rather have a Tory majority than a hung parliament, but I think we can now all get off the soap box and admit that all of us were talking utter ********. It was a good tactic to use in the arsenal of ammo at hand to destroy the Liberals, but now the dye is cast you've got to admit that although the situation isn't ideal we can at least get some Dickensian policies through to wind up the lefties. Its sad that we'll have to postpone the bestest policies such as deportations to South Georgia for convicts and the reintroduction of child chimney sweeps, but if we really really try i'm sure we can sneak through a few policies to supress the peasants and make them realise that power and wealth cannot be earnt, it can only be bred.

Maybe we can get Arsenal and Man Utd to form a coalition to take the Premier League title?????

The worry about PR is delivering extremeists from both sides of politics I agree. But how fair is it when a party get 22% of the votes but only have 8% of the seats.

Maybe we all take a step backwards and look at other countries. The Germans seem to get along quite well with no one particular party with a majority.

It’s obviously totally unfair. The argument against PR is full of holes, for 40 years we have been ruled by governments who have come no where near obtaining a majority of the votes cast. The numerous boundary changes under both the Tories and Labour have always been biased to ensuring their unholy and unwritten agreement to keep the first past the post system to ensure they can take it in turn to govern. Lack of PR has nothing to do with Lib Dem sour grapes it is about democracy and a fair voting system, 35% of the electorate did not vote for the Tories or Labour and yet the share of seats are Tories 36% of teh vote 48% of the seats, Labour 29% of the vote 40% of the seats Others 35% (more than 1 in 3 of us) of the vote 12 % of the seats, if that’s democracy I’m a Skate!!!!!

It’s obviously totally unfair. The argument against PR is full of holes, for 40 years we have been ruled by governments who have come no where near obtaining a majority of the votes cast. The numerous boundary changes under both the Tories and Labour have always been biased to ensuring their unholy and unwritten agreement to keep the first past the post system to ensure they can take it in turn to govern. Lack of PR has nothing to do with Lib Dem sour grapes it is about democracy and a fair voting system, 35% of the electorate did not vote for the Tories or Labour and yet the share of seats are Tories 36% of teh vote 48% of the seats, Labour 29% of the vote 40% of the seats Others 35% (more than 1 in 3 of us) of the vote 12 % of the seats, if that’s democracy I’m a Skate!!!!!

The system seems to work perfectly well in Bath, doesn't it?

Why don't a majority of other constituencies wish to follow their example and elect Lib/Dems then? Could it be that they don't like their policies?

The system seems to work perfectly well in Bath, doesn't it?

Why don't a majority of other constituencies wish to follow their example and elect Lib/Dems then? Could it be that they don't like their policies?

Maybe just like 65% of the population dont like diddy Daves policies, however that is not my point, the system is not democartic, party policy has nothing to do with it.

Maybe we can get Arsenal and Man Utd to form a coalition to take the Premier League title?????

I think we need to stop LOLing at the Liberals very unfortunate results, especially as they'll be doubly gutted because this election was going to be their massive breakthrough, and start to think about what we're going to do with them.

Constitutionally Labour have the right to try to form a government. Morally speaking though much as it galls me to say it the Tories probably deserve a shot.

The Tories can't have it both ways though, they like the 1st past the post system and have no intention of changing it. If they want to form a government without reaching the line they have to provide concessions on voting reform.

They have to do nothing of the sort. They could govern as a minority government if the other parties could not agree to join together. Or they could just bide their time while the Lab/Lib pact tears itself apart again. Alternatively, they could invite a few of the better MPs from the other two main parties to govern with them, no strings attached. Perhaps they might accept because they would have a cabinet post and the ability to have a role in government.

all 3 party's got a shock but the tories not getting a massive mandate with all of major tax avoider ashcrofts money bank rolling them and fleet streets backing and a recession and a unpopular brown. government.

labour got more seats then i thought they would and i expected the libs to have more seats.

good result and a hung parliment but i see the same old

tories are against a fairer election system and elected second chamber ..

all 3 party's got a shock but the tories not getting a massive mandate with all of major tax avoider ashcrofts money bank rolling them and fleet streets backing and a recession and a unpopular brown. government.

labour got more seats then i thought they would and i expected the libs to have more seats.

good result and a hung parliment but i see the same old

tories are against a fairer election system and elected second chamber ..

Of course Labour have been gagging to do it everytime they have been elected. They didnt complain that even if they had a samller vote than the others they still may have got a lot more seats due to the fact they have strongholds in the urban areas andd so get a bigger amount of seats for the votes given.Hypocrites and only interested now as it suits them.. by the way Brown promised a referendum on Europe we never got it, so dont hold your breath.

Of course Labour have been gagging to do it everytime they have been elected. They didnt complain that even if they had a samller vote than the others they still may have got a lot more seats due to the fact they have strongholds in the urban areas andd so get a bigger amount of seats for the votes given.Hypocrites and only interested now as it suits them.. by the way Brown promised a referendum on Europe we never got it, so dont hold your breath.

Two things nick, he's now offering a referendum on PR, couldn't give us the vote on something that mattered:mad::mad:

Secondly, take out the Scottish vote, and the Welsh, and you'll find the Tory's won quite comfortably., Both these 'Countrys' have their own assembly's, why the ferk do they have a say in politics down here. Let them go I say.