The players are still training, however...

Pilchards

Popped into Staplewood and the full squad have been training for two days, Why don't the club let them have a break now and ask them back a month earlier for the pre season, we are such slow starters as I can recall in the last 10 years.

The only reason why I think they still are training is because some players are contracted until the 1st of June so the club need to keep them busy?!?!?

Any idea?

Popped into Staplewood and the full squad have been training for two days, Why don't the club let them have a break now and ask them back a month earlier for the pre season, we are such slow starters as I can recall in the last 10 years.

The only reason why I think they still are training is because some players are contracted until the 1st of June so the club need to keep them busy?!?!?

Any idea?

Feck me, they must be knackered. That'll teach 'em to not make the play offs this season. :biggrin:

Personally, I am delighted to hear about our players keeping their fitness up at Staplewood rather than vomtting over a tart's barely-covered chest down some back-alley sh*thole in Faliraki or Aya Nappa.....

Well if you prefer to follow your sports hobby instead of going to Greece, dont go.

Any idea?

They will be back in 4 weeks for a short training session, to access their fitness levels. AP has employed this before, IMHO I think it's a great idea.

They will be back in 4 weeks for a short training session, to access their fitness levels. AP has employed this before, IMHO I think it's a great idea.

[sarcasm]Crikey - for the money they are on they should be getting a good two months off work[/sarcasm]

They have a job to do - and they need to be prepared to deliver it next season or else.

This is now normal practice to assess fitness at the end of the season so that any concerns (fitness or injury) can be sorted out and the players go away knowing what they can do during the 'holidays' before coming back in for pre-season training.

At some clubs they expect players to come in for check ups/monitoring during the holiday period.

Pardew when interviewed after the Southend match said something along these lines and making sure they were 100% ready at the first match.

Personally, I am delighted to hear about our players keeping their fitness up at Staplewood rather than vomtting over a tart's barely-covered chest down some back-alley sh*thole in Faliraki or Aya Nappa.....

But it is so incredibly boring. I'd much rather hear about the latter, especially if accompanied by a photo caption competition.

At least Morgan won't be going on holiday for a couple more weeks, just seen he's in the French U20s for the Toulon tournament from Monday 17th onwards. Usually gets a bit of air time on Eurosport but whether that's just here or not I couldn't say. Must be still in the FFF's plans then.

My women's side is still training but down to once a week and apart from the warm-up fun stuff, just to ease us gently into the holidays. We normal have a pre-season fitness schedule of 5 times a week for a couple of weeks pre-season. I already feel sluggish only doing one session (and no skiing) so that's going to be tough in August.

Anybody need competent crew for their yacht, when my term finishes I have 3 months off?!!

My women's side is still training but down to once a week and apart from the warm-up fun stuff, just to ease us gently into the holidays. We normal have a pre-season fitness schedule of 5 times a week for a couple of weeks pre-season. I already feel sluggish only doing one session (and no skiing) so that's going to be tough in August.

Anybody need competent crew for their yacht, when my term finishes I have 3 months off?!!

Check with TDD he has crewed with everyone....Nelson ,Hardy , Benbow etc knows all the big names in the yachting world.;)