Official - Brown resigns

Thedelldays

I hope that history will treat him kindly. I think he thought that we was doing the right thing, but he has poured all our hard work down the pan.

History will remember him as the man who spent all the money during the good times and left the cupbaord bare. History will also remember him as the unelected Prime Minister that everyone hated.

History will remember him as the man who spent all the money during the good times and left the cupbaord bare. History will also remember him as the unelected Prime Minister that everyone hated.
That is a bit harsh.

He like Blair have a false reputation of providing the golden years. He after all saved the world. lol

Go to America and they adore Blair when the majority here dislike him.

I wish him well too. I think he is an honourable and principled man with sound values. I think he intends to do voluntary work although some pundits are saying he should be involved in the global financial institutions given his sound knowledge of economics and the high regard he is held in in those institutions.

That is a bit harsh.

He like Blair have a false reputation of providing the golden years. He after all saved the world. lol

Not harsh at all. He told everyone that boom and bust was a thing of the past so he sold our gold for peanuts and ran a budget deficit during the good times. Brown is a moron that has left this country in a right mess. I will never have good word for him.

I wish him well too. I think he is an honourable and principled man with sound values. I think he intends to do voluntary work although some pundits are saying he should be involved in the global financial institutions given his sound knowledge of economics and the high regard he is held in in those institutions.

I am glad he has gone.

As another human being, I feel sorry for him, but he was the architect of his own downfall.

.....but come on BTF, "sound knowledge of economics"......you're having a laugh. No more boom and bust, reducing NI is taking money out of the economy. He is at best naive, if not a liar.

I think he should get a job at Ocean Finance as his knowledge of borrowing is second to none.

I am glad he has gone.

As another human being, I feel sorry for him, but he was the architect of his own downfall.

.....but come on BTF, "sound knowledge of economics"......you're having a laugh. No more boom and bust, reducing NI is taking money out of the economy. He is at best naive, if not a liar.

I think he should get a job at Ocean Finance as his knowledge of borrowing is second to none.

Feel free to disagree with most of the western world's economic gurus.

That is a bit harsh.

I strongly disagree with you. Most people I know like Blair. I like him.

Cameron will be hated in 6 months, it comes with the job

personally think its all a mess and image over substance

he's hated now.

Did you not see the reception he (his party) got comingout the building where the negs have been taking place???

he's hated now.

Did you not see the reception he (his party) got comingout the building where the negs have been taking place???

yep a load of ultra left wing out of work lay abouts. They would hate Brown as he would be seen as right wing in their eyes

from about 100-200 of the great unwashed...?

DellDays in generalisation shocker - yet again :D

Some people (who may be on holiday / retired / whatever) exercise their democratic right of protest and probably had a wash before they did so.

Others, paid for by the taxpayer, exercise their democratic right on an internet forum possibly during their working hours.

Splendid!

And the debates are going to make it more so, which is a shame.

If anything, the debates showed that the British public are not easily fooled. In general the lib dems did the best in the debates yet they appear to have had little impact. When I saw how badly the lib dems had done in the election it made me proud of the British people.

Say what you like about him, I quite liked Brown. Thought he got a lot of unfair flak just for being PM at a difficult time for the country, although he obviously had a hand (quite a big one) in our financial demise. I just don't like Cameron, and I think he'll find it quite a tough job to win over the public and sort out the country as well.

it's quite a momentus day really.

4 years ago the News coverage was not as in depth as this and i dont remember (well enough) when Major was ousted by Blair so this is the first time i've seen this happen.

quite exciting really.

It's quite a elongated progress and very historical