Polish electrician

Dog

Health and Safety my arse. If he wants to make a ladder out of some planks of wood then fair play to him. At least the job got done.

What you think if he slipped, and went through your window?

Fair ply to him I'd say, because you were prepared for him to take the risk and would therefore not complain or want compensation for your broken window?

On a more serious note.

Are you aware that SKY installers now have to drill your wall for an eyebolt and restraining strop for their ladder? They get a severe bollocking if their inspector finds that they have not done it.

That was the SKY man, my mate slipped him a fiver to put the light up after he installed the dish in exactly the same way. Apparently his mate Dorcus was busy window cleaning, hence no ladder.

What you think if he slipped, and went through your window?

Fair ply to him I'd say, because you were prepared for him to take the risk and would therefore not complain or want compensation for your broken window?

I would be impressed if he went through those double glazed windows from that position.

Sorry, that is Karol installing the dish for SKY.

He even used a 240v mains drill ffs.

He did manage to stop for lunch mind, to consume 4 sausages, a tin of pickled cabbage, 2 cans of Polski lager and a small bottle of Warvod, local vodka.

That was the SKY man, my mate slipped him a fiver to put the light up after he installed the dish in exactly the same way. Apparently his mate Dorcus was busy window cleaning, hence no ladder.

I get it, he couldn't be bothered to bring the ladder from his van round to the back of the house.

Cobra would be interested in those antics.

Nice one centurion!

Didn't she do the weather on South Today?

On a more serious note.

Are you aware that SKY installers now have to drill your wall for an eyebolt and restraining strop for their ladder? They get a severe bollocking if their inspector finds that they have not done it.

Assuming this eye bolt would need to go near where the top of the ladder would come into contact with the wall, how does he get up there to drill the hole?

For the cost of 5 scaffold planks you can buy a decent ladder from Screwfix.

Much lighter too!

And it folds down, for easy stowage. You try folding a plank!

Yes! but it allot easier to find 5 planks on a building site;) than a ladder!

I'm not allowed to use a ladder to clean windows, the police can fine me if they feel the need, it's so dangerous climbing a ladder these days, they suggest I put scaffolding up, so instead of charging a tenner for an average house I'd have to charge £200, we live in the most law abiding ken barlow country in the whole world.

I'm not allowed to use a ladder to clean windows, the police can fine me if they feel the need, it's so dangerous climbing a ladder these days, they suggest I put scaffolding up, so instead of charging a tenner for an average house I'd have to charge £200, we live in the most law abiding ken barlow country in the whole world.

The guy that cleans my windows doesn't use ladders. He uses a very long-reach attachment - it's a franchise and I can't remember what it's called right now.

He only charges a tenner for windows and ledges, external doors etc. and he's bl00dy good.

It's called Ro-Sheen.

Edited by bridge too far
remembered the name

The guy that cleans my windows doesn't use ladders. He uses a very long-reach attachment - it's a franchise and I can't remember what it's called right now.

He only charges a tenner for windows and ledges, external doors etc. and he's bl00dy good.

It's called Ro-Sheen.

I have one of those, they are sh*t, I just use them for business contracts, by the time I've got it out of the van and got it working I could of done the windows using a ladder and it doesn't do as good a job.

I have one of those, they are sh*t, I just use them for business contracts, by the time I've got it out of the van and got it working I could of done the windows using a ladder and it doesn't do as good a job.

Maybe it's the operator? He does the job extremely quickly and very well. I'd recommend him to anyone.

And he's there every 6 weeks without fail. I used to get fed up with fly-by-night boys who turn up once or twice and then disappear without trace.

Maybe it's the operator? He does the job extremely quickly and very well. I'd recommend him to anyone.

And he's there every 6 weeks without fail. I used to get fed up with fly-by-night boys who turn up once or twice and then disappear without trace.

I'm 6 weekly as well, he sounds like a c*nt.

He may sound like a c*nt, but he is off to the Maldives for three weeks next week, not Thetford-on-Sea. ;)
It's a freebie, the father in-law is retiring early so said he pay for a little holiday, we asked for the caribbean but he decided on the broads. I hope my customers talk about me the way BTF talks about her c*nt.