Atromitos - the new Stoke City

fish fingers

Jhon and Safri yes. The other two were awful.

Sarmiento played all of about two games in the carling cup and when I saw him at Notts county looked like one of our better players. Licka was totally ignored until he was just about to leave when he finally got a game and looked pretty decent!

my mate just got back from Zante , saw saganowski on the beach with his mrs & kid in saints shirt , his nipper is 100% saints & marek still loves the club .

Shame he didn't show it when he played for us. Would have absolutely ripped the defences in this league apart.

Strangely I would have typed the same but the GF is in the room & I would have got a severe slap across the back of the head.

But yes +1

haha yeah sometimes i have to move quick when posting on here and the mrs comes in the room, so far so good though ;-)

• 6 months later...
He didn't do anything though and the team was poor. A defensive midfielder who can't tackle? He didn't create much, didn't score or get forward, but didn't break up play. He looked tidy, had some class, but made it very hard to find a suitable midfield partner.

Are we talking about Spiderman, Pulis or Safri?:p

Agree with Adrian on most points here.

Safri for all his composure on the ball just didn't do enough. He never really created much going forwards, and when we lost the ball he was hardly busting a gut to go and grab it back. There was never the correct balance in midfield as you'd need to have a box to box, brick outhouse play maker next to him. Find me one of those outside the Premier League.

Saga never disgraced himself at Saints either. On those two spell of good form he has he was on fire. When he wasn't (i.e. when he was getting mucked around by Burley or play in that kindergarten team) he still put a decent shift in. He clearly cared about the club for the effort he put in against Sheff Utd and for the goal celebration with Pearson after Lallana's goal at the Hawthorns. Good luck to him whenever he ended up.