Apathy?

Weston Super Saint

After today's result, I would have expected this place to have gone into overdrive with both positive and negative spin....

Have we become apathetic, or are we more resigned to the fact that we really are in for a struggle this season, and accept poor results more readily?

reality is kicking in for a lot of people Im afraid

I barely grimaced when i heard the result which is little worrying considering i would have been gutted last year or the year before. Maybe its me accepting unconsiously that we are gonna loose quite often this year or maybe it is me loosing my love for the team ever so slightly. Hopefully its the former.

After another 4-1 drubbing i've come to face the facts.

We WILL be relegated.

We WILL go into administration.

We WILL be forced to sell our best youth players (Lallana, Surman etc).

We WILL be in the Conference in 5 years time.

Pessimisim is the underlying message there, just in case you missed it.

I think that many fans have been worn down over recent times............the never ending stories of takeovers that have never materialised; the sacking or other departure of key members of management and staff; the sale of players who could have done well for the club; the return of Lowe etc; the closure of some parts of the ground; the appointment of a management team no one has ever heard of (but JP seems a really nice guy); a team of youngsters who are not yet ready for the task; a few bad defeats; the cost of going to games in all this economic gloom.

Doesn't a bad defeat like yesterday just ruin your weekend.

It's pouring with rain and we've got a winter of long hard slog ahead of us.

I hadn't realised just how depressed I was. Think I'll go back to bed.

A few thousand more will not turn up for the next home game...and who can blame them. We need defenders and we sign another striker instead, I just don't get it.

Just seems nobody cares at SMS these days, I get the feeling that Lowe and Wilde are resigned to relegation.

We get beat again and what is there left to say ?

We can't really blame the players , most of them are a honest bunch of youngsters trying to find their feet in first team football . We (or any other team for that matter) were always going to lose plenty of games this season with that kind of squad - it's inevitable .

Not many fair minded fans feel like slating Jan Poortvliet . He seems like a decent chap who instinctively wants to play football in the right manner , it's hardly his fault he's been given a tiny transfer budget and apparently strictly limited influence over how even that modest sum has been spent . He may possibly have been promoted beyond his ability but he is our Manager/Coach now and what else can we do but support him and give him the time needed to at least have a proper chance to prove himself ?

That leaves us with Rupert Lowe and Micheal Wilde , many of us do have issues with these two particularly the decision to let Nigel Pearson go (take a glance at today's League One Table) but even here the big picture is that we obviously have no money - the bank are effectively in control , and anyway Rupert bashing has been done to death now .

So in conclusion there's no much new we can say at the the moment , but I do have a cunning plan , re-sign Jermaine Wright immediately - that's guaranteed to liven things up on here ;) .

We get beat again and what is there left to say ?

We can't really blame the players , most of them are a honest bunch of youngsters trying to find their feet in first team football . We (or any other team for that matter) were always going to lose plenty of games this season with that kind of squad - it's inevitable .

Not many fair minded fans feel like slating Jan Poortvliet . He seems like a decent chap who instinctively wants to play football in the right manner , it's hardly his fault he's been given a tiny transfer budget and apparently strictly limited influence over how even that modest sum has been spent . He may possibly have been promoted beyond his ability but he is our Manager/Coach now and what else can we do but support him and give him the time needed to at least have a proper chance to prove himself ?

That leaves us with Rupert Lowe and Micheal Wilde , many of us do have issues with these two particularly the decision to let Nigel Pearson go (take a glance at today's League One Table) but even here the big picture is that we obviously have no money - the bank are effectively in control , and anyway Rupert bashing has been done to death now .

So in conclusion there's no much new we can say at the the moment , but I do have a cunning plan , re-sign Jermaine Wright immediately - that's guaranteed to liven things up on here ;) .

We don't need to liven things up on here, we need to liven things up on the pitch

I think that many fans have been worn down over recent times............the never ending stories of takeovers that have never materialised; the sacking or other departure of key members of management and staff; the sale of players who could have done well for the club; the return of Lowe etc; the closure of some parts of the ground; the appointment of a management team no one has ever heard of (but JP seems a really nice guy); a team of youngsters who are not yet ready for the task; a few bad defeats; the cost of going to games in all this economic gloom.

So's my brother, but he shouldn't be in charge of Saints' first team!

A few thousand more will not turn up for the next home game...and who can blame them. We need defenders and we sign another striker instead, I just don't get it.

Just seems nobody cares at SMS these days, I get the feeling that Lowe and Wilde are resigned to relegation.

Lowe is far too arrogant to even consider that his actions would end in our relegation. (again)

Fans are demoralised, rather than just apathetic.

After today's result, I would have expected this place to have gone into overdrive with both positive and negative spin....

Have we become apathetic, or are we more resigned to the fact that we really are in for a struggle this season, and accept poor results more readily?

Not apathetic at all, it just may be that the penny has dropped that a few fans might enjoy there football a whole more when they dont live and breathe there beloved team through this message board.

Most people have accepted there is no other option....... no plan B.......no choice.........other than watch the whole thing self destruct and hope after the angst of administration that there are some embers of a club worth building on.........its sad but I genuinely expect a defeat every week and the odd win just tends to stave of the inevitable........as it stands there is no chance this club can get to play off level.......staying in the Championsip is the goal, but frankly with home gates of about 13,000 beckoning I fear the bankers may well pull the plug sooner rather than later

I stick with my prediction of a mid-table finish. Having no plan B is not necessarily a bad thing for us, as when plan A is youngsters you have to give them time to develop. Alan Hansen said "Ye'll nae win anything with kids" and he was proved wrong. The biggun for me is if we have to sell our young talent, then we'll end up as the new Crewe :(

Last 5 games -2 wins, 2 draws and a defeat. That's promotion form in my book:smt030.

This is a league where all teams will suffer these sorts of results e.g Wolves (promotion favourites)have lost 3-0 at home to Reading and 3-1 away to Swansea of late. Unfortunately, for us, our boys like to to do this on Sky TV.

Lets all get a grip and stop the panicing.

Last 5 games -2 wins, 2 draws and a defeat. That's promotion form in my book:smt030.

This is a league where all teams will suffer these sorts of results e.g Wolves (promotion favourites)have lost 3-0 at home to Reading and 3-1 away to Swansea of late. Unfortunately, for us, our boys like to to do this on Sky TV.

Hopefully we won't be on telly for a month or two so we'll be ok.

Meanwhile there's a simple answer to the problem of Sky.

Where's that White Witch gone?

Apathy?

Cant be bothered.

It is definitely true as we bobble along in the lower reaches of the Championship I find I care less about bad results although I am always delighted to see a good one.

I predict the sub 10k attendees at St Marrys just after the transfer window closes in Feb

at last a postive post then all that doom and gloom nonsense.

I think a lot of people are beyond caring. I go to St Mary’s but I often have spare season tickets and can’t give them away for free. Sad reflection on how we’ve fallen really. This forum is much like St Mary’s – falling attendance. It’s nothing like it used to be but, when you’ve idiots like Scooby and Sundance (amongst others) bleating on their ridiculously one-sided, narrow minded, bigoted ‘Lowe agenda’ driven nonsense, you can understand why people stay away.

We sometimes play ok football but it was always going to be an awkward season – what do you expect?! Boys against men. We’ve picked up a couple of results against poor teams but that is it. We rely on Mc Goldrick too much (who is sh*te imho) and, as I have continually bemoaned, and we have a thread bare/p*ss poor defence (having cleared out all our best performing defenders over the past 2 seasons). This was always going to be a problem when we (yet again) failed to strengthen the obviously weak areas – defence (especially full back positions). Do we need more proof this is a problem area? Or will we leave it too late, as always seems the SFC mantra?!

I don’t get as angered by SFC defeats anymore as I don’t expect much more with the weak line up we field and, not meaning to trample on our grave, it will surely get worse when Lallana and possibly Surman or Davis are sold in January. That’s life at St Mary’s – an asset stripped, failing club with plummeting attendances run by a bunch of charlatans. A shame but inevitable when you consider the management merry-go-round we have endured. Infighting, self-serving agendas, power struggles and egos before club and a plethora of shocking decisions plaguing our incompetent club since our Premiership demise. I blame Burley for a lot of that, not to mention the board but that’s another story.